Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509603 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 6:09am On Jun 14, 2012
@all,pls i want to ask dt wat docs can gv d cdhc,a strong proof of ur home ties
2. If as a prospectv student (though on a second undergraduate degree 2b added 2previous degree due to avn a prospectv higher degree dt combines d 2 eg computer sci. N biochemistry combined in orda 2study MPhil in bioinformatics/computational biology),u claim 2av a common law,bt ur parents r d ones to sponsor ur educatn in canada,can it affect ones applicatn or raise d probability of bn denied the trv...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 6:37am On Jun 14, 2012
@ fflowers,give us the good news now...waiting to hear from u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 7:04am On Jun 14, 2012
Prince christian: @ebugirl u don't have to be tired nw...exersice faith, be expectant, on fear call it, fix a date, and pray it forth. might be funny it will work for you. i see u being given ur TRV in jesus name

Awwwwwww! Amen !!!!Thank you 4 the words of encouragement. We will all celebrate in part 3. IJN...amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:30am On Jun 14, 2012
Danyl: @all,pls i want to ask dt wat docs can gv d cdhc,a strong proof of ur home ties
2. If as a prospectv student (though on a second undergraduate degree 2b added 2previous degree due to avn a prospectv higher degree dt combines d 2 eg computer sci. N biochemistry combined in orda 2study MPhil in bioinformatics/computational biology),u claim 2av a common law,bt ur parents r d ones to sponsor ur educatn in canada,can it affect ones applicatn or raise d probability of bn denied the trv...

I'm also intrested in a COMPREHENSIVE answer to this question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by fflowers: 7:32am On Jun 14, 2012
Hello house, sorry 4 the delay, I'vee been very busy o. I got the parcel yesterday. I was instructed to go for my Medical. Also inclluded ΐϞ my parcel are to conditions.
1. Payment of one year tuition/Booard fees.
2. Original copy of my sponsor's birth certificate.

Thanks y'all

I've a lil problem y'all, my sponsor is ΐϞ australia αη∂ needs his birth cert for his PR. I'm so confused on what to do about that. Cos they actually noted that when asked for originalss, notoorrised copies aren't accepted. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 8:21am On Jun 14, 2012
fflowers: Hello house, sorry 4 the delay, I'vee been very busy o. I got the parcel yesterday. I was instructed to go for my Medical. Also inclluded ΐϞ my parcel are to conditions.

Thanks y'all

I've a lil problem y'all, my sponsor is ΐϞ australia αη∂ needs his birth cert for his PR. I'm so confused on what to do about that. Cos they actually noted that when asked for originalss, notoorrised copies aren't accepted. Thanks

congrats brother,God will make a way where there is no way,he can help you with another birth certificate from the National population commission.If he is not in Nigeria currently you can get his information and proceed to the NPC office nearest to you and do it.How much is your board fee pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 8:59am On Jun 14, 2012
@noswaa,bumdish, pls answer ds questn abeg:
Danyl: @all,pls i want to ask dt wat docs can gv d cdhc,a strong proof of ur home ties
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2012
Being looking all around for part 3 for like forever.

@ All, thumbs up for the wonderful job and contributions so far,

@ Moderator, nice job you have done so far but subsequently I believe there could be some more graceful ways of closing a thread. Also, can this thread enjoy some form of publicity (may be an appearance on the home page) for a few days so that others could more easily locate it.

@ Awaiting Medical call-up, Keep monitoring the portal, keep checking your mails, keeping call VAC. My suspicion is that CDHC has relaxed after the April/May rush and well soon resume calling again later in June and fully in July. Remember Psalm 130:5-6 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.

@ Awaiting TRV after Medicals, This period is usually when one is most understandable anxious. Going by my personal statistics, 95% get their TRV after medicals, so what makes you think you wouldn't fall within the 95% band? Go and start checking out kijiji and wakanow joor.

We shall all get to our God's ordained destinies IJN.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockafela(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2012
fflowers: Hello house, sorry 4 the delay, I'vee been very busy o. I got the parcel yesterday. I was instructed to go for my Medical. Also inclluded ΐϞ my parcel are to conditions.

Thanks y'all

Nothing to worry about juz get his/her full details of birth and about 3passport fotograph go to NPC ...I†̥ cost me 7k to do mine in Warri..dunno of ur area..
I†̥ is well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 14, 2012
rockafela:

Nothing to worry about juz get his/her full details of birth and about 3passport fotograph go to NPC ...I†̥ cost me 7k to do mine in Warri..dunno of ur area..
I†̥ is well

yep it does not cost up to dat really in some places......warri re thiefs they collected 8k frm me when i did mine but when i went to my own in benin they said 6k
@fflower....u re a potential TRV holder......u gat no stress, congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2012
Danyl:

@noswaa,bumdish, pls answer ds questn abeg:
1. Most times, a general answer might not apply to a specific case. Your age, family composition, employment history, educational history etc are some of the factors that could come into place in determining your proof of ties to your home country. Generally speaking, Marriage, Children, Study grant/Government scholarship, Landed properties, Pension plan, Age etc are areas you could exploit to prove your ties.

2. I would advise you ask yourself this question. Can a parent sponsor his/her married child for a second degree?
If your answer is Yes, then support your application with relevant documents good enough to change the mindset of a sceptic. Documents like affidavits/Letter of sponsorship clearly stating your parents capabilities and their interest/relevance to your plans coupled with how you intend to cater for your partner while you are away.
However, if your answer is a No or Not sure, you might want to start looking for another sponsor.

I hope I have added value to your questions

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2012

Thanks y'all

Congrats on your parcel.

For your concern, I think you need to be very careful here. For them to have requested for the Originals of your sponsors' birth cert, then they must be interested in something in particular. Remember, those guys know fully well that you can always arrange a document in Nigeria but they made their request. It is not impossible they have some prior documentation about your sponsor that they want to compare your own documentation with. I wouldn't be happy to see you swallow the hook.

I have a friend whose sponsor did not release his financial documents to, instead the sponsor wrote the embassy that he would be available to fax his financials directly to the embassy for confidentiality purpose.Cutting story short, my friend is now in Canada.

I would advise you consult pros on this, also talk to sponsor. Your sponsor can make a photocopy of his/her original birth cert, support it with a letter stating why the originals would not be available now and probably also add other documentations like photocopies of his Intl Passport and other documentation relevant to proving his birth information.

Please, lets be wise and strategic. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by osram(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2012
Prince christian:

yep it does not cost up to dat really in some places......warri re thiefs they collected 8k frm me when i did mine but when i went to my own in benin they said 6k
@fflower....u re a potential TRV holder......u gat no stress, congrats
damn am rili shocked o..birth cert z given for free hia in kaduna @n.p.c office..na wa 4 southerners o evritn na money
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 11:37am On Jun 14, 2012
bumdish:

Congrats on your parcel.

For your concern, I think you need to be very careful here. For them to have requested for the Originals of your sponsors' birth cert, then they must be interested in something in particular. Remember, those guys know fully well that you can always arrange a document in Nigeria but they made their request. It is not impossible they have some prior documentation about your sponsor that they want to compare your own documentation with. I wouldn't be happy to see you swallow the hook.

I have a friend whose sponsor did not release his financial documents to, instead the sponsor wrote the embassy that he would be available to fax his financials directly to the embassy for confidentiality purpose.Cutting story short, my friend is now in Canada.

Wonderful suggestion

This is wonderful suggestion

I would advise you consult pros on this, also talk to sponsor. Your sponsor can make a photocopy of his/her original birth cert, support it with a letter stating why the originals would not be available now and probably also add other documentations like photocopies of his Intl Passport and other documentation relevant to proving his birth information.

Please, lets be wise and strategic. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2012
[quote author=Noswaa][/quote]

wonderful suggestion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2012
@all. I GOT MY MEDICAL INSTRUCTION PACKAGE YESTERDAY BUT IT ALSO STATES THAT I SHOULD PROVIDE PROOF OF PAYMENT OF FULL TUITION FEE. NOW MY QUESTION IS, IS IT JUST THE TUTION FEE ALONE OR TUITION + DIFFERENTIAL FEE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS? WILL REALLY LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO HAS PASSED THIS STAGE. THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2012
@solomonokeigar Congrats, when did you submit? What do yóu mean by differential fee?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Blackmontana: 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2012

Thanks y'all

Congratulations on your medical call.I am of the humble view that your sponsor might have claimed a relationship that requires age clarification. Just be careful and don't go and manufacture birth certificate. As someone has written, get the copy notarized from Australia and a cover letter explaining the circumstances of his application for PR in Australia to show why he cannot provide the Original Certificate. NB:Let the notarized copy come from Australia directly to the embassy.You can't go wrong with this. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2012
bumdish: Being looking all around for part 3 for like forever.

@ All, thumbs up for the wonderful job and contributions so far,

@ Moderator, nice job you have done so far but subsequently I believe there could be some more graceful ways of closing a thread. Also, can this thread enjoy some form of publicity (may be an appearance on the home page) for a few days so that others could more easily locate it.

@ Awaiting Medical call-up, Keep monitoring the portal, keep checking your mails, keeping call VAC. My suspicion is that CDHC has relaxed after the April/May rush and well soon resume calling again later in June and fully in July. Remember Psalm 130:5-6 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.

@ Awaiting TRV after Medicals, This period is usually when one is most understandable anxious. Going by my personal statistics, 95% get their TRV after medicals, so what makes you think you wouldn't fall within the 95% band? Go and start checking out kijiji and wakanow joor.

We shall all get to our God's ordained destinies IJN.

Can you explain more on that highlighted part?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by BannyE: 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2012
Please somebody should pls guide me on this, home stay and off campus residence or Dorms which is more economical and preferable to a student just entering Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by BannyE: 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
Please, can anyone in the house tell me about the range of pay scale salary off campus jobs in Kamloops,BC, Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
solomon okeigar: @all. I GOT MY MEDICAL INSTRUCTION PACKAGE YESTERDAY BUT IT ALSO STATES THAT I SHOULD PROVIDE PROOF OF PAYMENT OF FULL TUITION FEE. NOW MY QUESTION IS, IS IT JUST THE TUTION FEE ALONE OR TUITION + DIFFERENTIAL FEE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS? WILL REALLY LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO HAS PASSED THIS STAGE. THANKS

Sup solo man,when did you submit your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solajuwon2002: 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2012
hi, do i need an IELTS result for a graduate course in canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2012
solajuwon2002: hi, do i need an IELTS result for a graduate course in canada?

I don't think Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ need it. However, contact the department of ur choice and make an enquiry.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockafela(m): 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
CDHC don adopt new pattern o during medical
proof of payment of full tuition fee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2012
@all, am really having some problems and in a tyt corner, my school declined giving me their account details until the official registration date 13th june. I paid the tuition today after registering yesterday nyt......now CDHC deadline for me is 30 days from 22nd May and my school may not be able to process a receipt, not even an online copy b4 then. I have since done my medicals on 6th june. Don't know if I shud send a mail to CDHC that I cannot make d deadline, or what other options do I have.......pls gurus in d house I need your urgent answers.........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
@slamdunk99 I see no reason why an online receipt from the school can't be gotten before the deadline. For instance I got my online receipt a few hrs after payment and the original 2wks later. You should contact the school and tell them abt your deadline if they don't get the receipt across to you by monday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bashtee: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2012
@Slamdunk99
all, am really having some problems and in a tyt corner, my school declined giving me their account details until the official registration date 13th june. I paid the tuition today after registering yesterday nyt......now CDHC deadline for me is 30 days from 22nd May and my school may not be able to process a receipt, not even an online copy b4 then. I have since done my medicals on 6th june. Don't know if I shud send a mail to CDHC that I cannot make d deadline, or what other options do I have.......pls gurus in d house I need your urgent answers.........

Submit the payment slip(the bank teller you used in making the payment) or if its a credit card print out the transaction page and send it to them,its the school policy of not disclosing their account until certain period,its not your fault.You can write them and explain the circumstance.Its not a big deal,stay your TRV is on the way by God grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bashtee: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2012
@Banny E
Please somebody should pls guide me on this, home stay and off campus residence or Dorms which is more economical and preferable to a student just entering Canada.

It depends on what your want, some houses are expensive than others, just look up kijiji.ca or craigslist.com and search for housing where your school is and compare the cost.You can go to home stay being a new comer after getting used to the environment if the the place suit you ,you continue if not you look for a better place,the advantage of a home stay if that you have a place you will move into and get settled as you land.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2012
rockafela: CDHC don adopt new pattern o during medical
proof of payment of full tuition fee

how sure are you?

What if the school didn't mandate me to pay it until later dates (like arriving canada or after securing my TRV and stuffs.)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2012
Sir P!:
@slamdunk99 I see no reason why an online receipt from the school can't be gotten before the deadline. For instance I got my online receipt a few hrs after payment and the original 2wks later. You should contact the school and tell them abt your deadline if they don't get the receipt across to you by monday
I used Zenith bank and they told me it takes 4-5 working days to complete d transaction which is already 21st, the sch den said it takes 2-3 working days to generate receipt b4 dey can even scan it n send to my box on request, so u see my plight........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockafela(m): 10:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
lillaowow:

how sure are you?

What if the school didn't mandate me to pay it until later dates (like arriving canada or after securing my TRV and stuffs.)
am saying this based on the perspective i got from few peeps that got their medic. this week

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.