Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509884 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2012
lillaowow: @ all, i Got my acceptance letter today (30 mins before this post, first i went to eat a big bowl of Eba after thankin God) through DHL from The U of Sask. FORTUNATELY, according to what @Cejay said, it has two start dates, Sept 2012 (which i think is already late) and Jan 2013.
I'm hoping to submit my application by the first week of August (for January start date)
i'll be needing the help of Each and everyone to package my application. We shall all have success stories, AMEN.
Thanking you all in advance
God bless you all
More TRV in d house
btw, it's an Undergraduate admission.
....welcome on board..success is our's
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
olaremy2k: ....welcome on board..success is our's

Thank you thank you thank you....
God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Blackmontana: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2012
canadianboy: Hello House,
I submitted my application for study permit in May 14 and it reached the CDHC in May 15.Before then, i applied last year but i was refused Visa due to funding issue having completed medicals. But this time, i reapplied in May 15 and since then, no response yet. Part of the documents i submitted are: marriage certificate, my two kids' birth certificate, my wife's certicate, offer of employment letters from my past employers(3 in number) and my offer letter of my present employer and my funded statement of account.
My question is that would the CDHC verify all those offer letters of employments too - all the three are commercial banks whose names have changed thru all these mergers and acquisition.
Am afraid this should not delay my application since it might be difficult to contact those banks again. The reason why i put those letters there is to show evidence of past and present employment so that any amount i claim to have in my personal account can be substantiated.
Also, i did medicals in August last year, is it likely am asked to do medicals again since the medicals last for a period of 1year?

Mr Canadian boy, it is my candid view that you don't need to be bothered about listing your previous employers in this circumstance. I want you to know that it is Nigerians that are mostly involved in the sorting and verification process in the embassy and they know what obtains in our socio-political landscape. They understand mergers happen by the day and businesses fold up per second. So on that point, keep your calm.
More so, the list of employers is mainly to know what you have been doing if you have any gap in your educational journey. It is to have a clearer perspective of you and to know if your previous work experience count towards the discipline you intend to study. They are likely to contact only that employer who writes an attestation to them on your behalf. So, you don't have to panic about your previous employers that no longer exist.

Furthermore, I think your application has a little review to be made to it from your previous denial. The highlight of your application review should be based on your financial resource.Other concerns would be in the shadows. You only need to show enough funds to pay for your education and living expenses and also the family you are leaving behind without having to work in Canada. That should be all. Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
@newacca, bros i sent you an email pls check and reply. Thnx.
2 every1 expectin der Medical instructions and all TRV expectant, you will all get it IJN.. just bliv and b positive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by canadianboy(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
Thank you for these calming words. I hope to give a favourable testimony in this house soon by the power of Almighty God!!! Please, join me in prayers.
Blackmontana:

Mr Canadian boy, it is my candid view that you don't need to be bothered about listing your previous employers in this circumstance. I want you to know that it is Nigerians that are mostly involved in the sorting and verification process in the embassy and they know what obtains in our socio-political landscape. They understand mergers happen by the day and businesses fold up per second. So on that point, keep your calm.
More so, the list of employers is mainly to know what you have been doing if you have any gap in your educational journey. It is to have a clearer perspective of you and to know if your previous work experience count towards the discipline you intend to study. They are likely to contact only that employer who writes an attestation to them on your behalf. So, you don't have to panic about your previous employers that no longer exist.

Furthermore, I think your application has a little review to be made to it from your previous denial. The highlight of your application review should be based on your financial resource.Other concerns would be in the shadows. You only need to show enough funds to pay for your education and living expenses and also the family you are leaving behind without having to work in Canada. That should be all. Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
It is a good news that this thread has entered part 3 knowing that I started following from middle of part 1. For all the people that are anxiously awaiting for response from the commission (including myself) I wish us all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
@all, I learnt sumtin frm ebugirl, its always safer to use address based in canada ,etc as contact or proxy. Dt way u won't be bothering urself of transit time of receiving ur doc. Its even better to use a friend in d school dt u trust. they receive d doc frm school and send via dhl to u. My acceptance letter took over a month to get to me.

I also want to give an advise on payment of fees. If u have time for d payment, u can open a form A in a bank and use it to make payment to school if u hv their bank details. Dt way, u save sum money on exchange rate. U buy money at official bank rate and transfer to school.
U can ask ur account officer for more details on how they do it plus d total fee. Compare wit other banks before u deal. Also ask how many days d transactn will take. It takes between 2 to 3 days.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
Total fee for payment via form A shlnt nt be more than 3 percent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
@Rockafella, codebrain & lalla. I didn't use an agent. I think you should get your medical instruction soon, maybe verification is what's causing the delay. I have seen cases where they called for medicals after 3 months of application but I pray yours will be quicker IJN. Just keep praying and check your online portal daily to aviod further delays.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2012
Please i need advice from members of this forum that are already in Canada. Is it better to stay on or off campus for my masters program in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 16, 2012
Good to have more members in the house,,,congrats to those who got their medical call ups and to all hopefuls lets keep our faith in God and expect dah best........@ebugirl my sista no worry dat trv go enta dis house before nextweek runs out.@olaremy2k what are u doin in Ogbomosho dats where my school is.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by esere826: 10:27am On Jun 16, 2012
justwise:

You are right, the part2 of this thread was started about 6months ago along with USA and the UK but this thread received more traffic than the other two.

This also goes to show that the USA and the UK are losing foreign students, the UK especially, because of the harsh student visa rules introduced this year, making the UK very unfriendly place for foreign students.

This time last year the UK student visa thread was so busy that i spent almost all day online, but everything has gone quiet now.

Yes Justwise, UK is shooting itself on the foot. But I'm happy for Nigerian students that are seeking to relocate to Canada presently. I hear its much easier to get your papers there. I mean in UK, the system seems to be designed to suck imigrants dry and spit them out when there's only bones left. I'm even thinking of doing my PhD in Canada. Keep up the good job
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Jun 16, 2012
esere826:

Yes Justwise, UK is shooting itself on the foot. But I'm happy for Nigerian students that are seeking to relocate to Canada presently. I hear its much easier to get your papers there. I mean in UK, the system seems to be designed to suck imigrants dry and spit them out when there's only bones left. I'm even thinking of doing my PhD in Canada. Keep up the good job

I have my fear though, i really hope that Nigerians and other foreign students will not start abusing the Canadian 'generous' system, you remember 6-8 yrs ago UK used to be a soft-touch for student visa, maintenance money not required, fee upfront not needed, you will be given 3yrs for visa extension and allowed to stay back and work after graduation, all that is gone now because of the abuse of the system.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by esere826: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2012
justwise:

I have my fear though, i really hope that Nigerians and other foreign students will not start abusing the Canadian 'generous' system, you remember 6-8 yrs ago UK used to be a soft-touch for student visa, maintenance money not required, fee upfront not needed, you will be given 3yrs for visa extension and allowed to stay back and work after graduation, all that is gone now because of the abuse of the system.

Fine point. I guess like all things in life, all gaps are abused. Even MTN bb browsing was abused also, and fuel subsidy, and Pakistans hospitality to the US, etc... na so life be

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2012
esere826:

Fine point. I guess like all things in life, all gaps are abused. Even MTN bb browsing was abused also, and fuel subsidy, and Pakistans hospitality to the US, etc... na so life be

Have to disagree on that one, you can't possibly trust Pakistani Govt, they swim both sides.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by esere826: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
justwise:

Have to disagree on that one, you can't possibly trust Pakistani Govt, they swim both sides.
lol... that one na another thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beehandz:

@noswaa and vctrokoye,
I'm also lookn at using my sis and her hubby in SA as my new sponsor, kindly list d docs dat will b applicable.NB,dey r on work permit cz dey wr transfered by dr coy to SA-dey both work in same coy.
Also,does havin a co sponsor here in nigeria wit my main sponsor in SA makes sense?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by AdimO1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
@ ancient pls inbox me ur number this is my email: shotym21kb@yahoo.com got same issue with u, i submitted march too, infact we were 4 pple i know of dat submitted dat day yet no call.... tnks. i bliv we will be called soon. congrats to all dat ve bin called. ]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
esere826:
lol... that one na another thread

Exactly grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
justwise:

hmmm, this means "get out soon".. to me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This house is exceptionally boring this wkend. What is happening ? Don't worry for everyone waiting to hear the good news.
It will happen next by God's grace lets keep our finger crossed.God is bigger than CDHC.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
That so true. Everybody's just mute, especially does who have gotten their TRV. E be like say dem just run leave us. Please o we still need encouragement and advice from u guys o. Lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
Na wa o!
God go do our own too o.That i believe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Falcon(m): 2:37am On Jun 17, 2012
I'm so much enjoying this thread. Its indeed an **Information Bank**
Please can someone throw more light on the payment of Tuition fees.
(Cheaper ways to pay for tuition).

Thanks to @justwise and co. Keep the fire burning guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2012
@justwise, newacca and all
pls i need advice and information. I'm 35years old, already have a BSc in computer science, i want to apply for BSc in computer information systems, do you think its a wise move?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockafela(m): 9:58am On Jun 17, 2012
IT WILL RAIN ON US THIS WEEK..THE NEWS WE RE ALL EXPECTING.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 11:04am On Jun 17, 2012
rockafela: IT WILL RAIN ON US THIS WEEK..THE NEWS WE RE ALL EXPECTING.
..AMEEN OOOOOO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by boxbonnie(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2012
Happy sunday peeps! Am Back!!
¶ chose to stay as an observer all this while after ¶ was heart broken **not wat u think** ¶ wasn't denied visa. Here is what happend: to does using "agents"
¶ went through an agent in june last year, handed all the neccesary doc, Paid him. 3 weeks latta he told ♏e my doc has gotten to CDHC for processing, that was b4 the extablishmnt of VAC. He den bragged on how he has helped sevral clients in the past 6yrs and how most of the V.O's are related to his mum..bla bla bla
¶ declared fasting and started bombarding the CDHC an V.O's with prayers.. 3 months latter, nothing happened..¶ declared another 14 days fast! Lol
5 months latta, no news. So ¶ went to the agent and he den made ♏e understand d reason for the delay as result to the large amounts of application the embassy received recently, and visa process time has been extended to 4-6months. ¶ regained hope, then ¶ saw BASHTEE's post on how his applictaion spent 8months and latta was granted trv..¶ got more hope and started firing prayers again bt dis time ¶ directed sum prayers to d agent...
To cut the long gospel short..¶ finally discoverd that my agent submitted my doc. To his wife who in return submitted it probably in their kitchen... It neva got to CDHC, after 7 months of bombardin cdhc with prayers..( Dem catch ♏e mugu) too late wen ¶ woke up.
D moral of this is: agents DONT guarantee visa. Dey only work with d information given.. U can as well do dat...
Please am back @ it again, am expectin my admission letter from the university of regina in a week time! ¶ need every1 hea to help ♏e this time around Oº°˚˚˚. Its for undergraduate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
Hnm @ boxbonnie;
frm all indications i tink ur case is different in d sense that des days after submission u must be given a tracking number. So there is no way it cud hav ended in a trash without u knowing. well, i dunno wat happened then maybe u weren't given a tracking number that cud help u knw if ur applcatn has gotten 2 CDHC or not.i really wnt 2 belif rite ere that wat really happened as in d case of us that hav submitted long ago nd we're still expecting our medica call up is an indicatn of a lorry-load of applicatns @ d CDHC waiting 2 be granted or not.
But however, des doesn't calls 4 any panicking. Jehoval still sit on d throne, He raised d poor frm dung-hill and beggers frm d street and set them on throne. Lets kip our fingers crossed 4 every1 yet 2 receive his/her medical up nd 4 dose that hav done theirs but expecting their TRV. God will do it all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2012
@ rockafela.
Thank you jaree! we all say a very big Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by boxbonnie(m): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2012
@code brain.. Like ¶ indicated (dem cath ♏e mugu) too late when ¶ woke up, ¶ trusted so much on an agent.. Just sharing my story to does who totaly believe and depend on agents! Thanks all the same..¶ wish all awaitin medical / trv positive out come dis week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lyfe(m): 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
@boxbonnie That's a heart wrecking story. Prayers directed in the wrong direction, I bet you have gotten over it. I hope the admission letter you are expecting is for next year. Cos apps with CDHC is already super-saturated and the time is not young again for any September start date.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.