Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,240 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote (931 Views)

Poll: Is the Lake of Fire Eternal

Yes: 27% (3 votes)
No: 36% (4 votes)
Not Sure: 9% (1 vote)
Don't believe : 18% (2 votes)
Destruction: 9% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? / Any Name Not Found In The Book Of Life Will Be Cast Into The Lake Of Fire / All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
Brothers and Sisters in Christ , can we discuss this topic.

In your opinion is the lake of fire forever and ever, burning with no rest day and night or is this everlasting destruction from the presence of GOD.

Let me know your thoughts which have to be backed up by scripture, I do not want made up , invented, personal or emotional opinions or points of view , thanks.

Some verses to consider :

"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power" - 2 Thessalonians 1:9

Isaiah 1:28 But rebels and sinners will both be broken, and those who forsake the LORD will perish.

Philippians 3:19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels " - Matthew 25:41
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
frosbel: Brothers and Sisters in Christ , can we discuss this topic.

In your opinion is the lake of fire forever and ever, burning with no rest day and night or is this everlasting destruction from the presence of GOD.

Let me know your thoughts which have to be backed up by scripture, I do not want made up , invented, personal or emotional opinions or points of view , thanks.

"They will be punished with everlasting destruction [/b]and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power" - [b]2 Thessalonians 1:9

Isaiah 1:28 But rebels and sinners will both be broken, and those who forsake the LORD will perish.

Philippians 3:19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels " - Matthew 25:41
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by buzugee(m): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
the lake of fire is used in dichotomy in the bible. it means 2 things.
1-whatever is being discussed will be eradicated. gotten rid off. will exist no more. for example

revelation 20 vs 14 And death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. now in this instance it is a metaphor for ' will be eradicated '. this means spiritual death and suffering will be eradicated when the lords kingdom is established on earth

2- The second instance, it literally means a burning fire. However this is not an everlasting fire, but it is an intense sulphur laden thermonuclear fire. this will only happen to people who reside in america because it is the home to every vile and corrupt and hateful bird in the world ( revelation 18 vs 2 ).

revelation 19 vs 20[b] And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.[/b] ( the beast, the woman with the purple outfit and rich jewellery that has LovePeddler written on her forhead and has a cup full of all the abominable and detestable things in the world is america )
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
buzugee: the lake of fire is used in dichotomy in the bible. it means 2 things.
1-whatever is being discussed will be eradicated. gotten rid off. will exist no more. for example

revelation 20 vs 14 And death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. now in this instance it is a metaphor for ' will be eradicated '. this means spiritual death and suffering will be eradicated when the lords kingdom is established on earth

2- The second instance, it literally means a burning fire. However this is not an everlasting fire, but it is an intense sulphur laden thermonuclear fire. this will only happen to people who reside in america because it is the home to every vile and corrupt and hateful bird in the world ( revelation 18 vs 2 ).

revelation 19 vs 20[b] And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.[/b] ( the beast, the woman with the purple outfit and rich jewellery that has LovePeddler written on her forhead and has a cup full of all the abominable and detestable things in the world is america )

How do you explain this verse :

"where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED." - Mark 9:44

1 Like

Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by buzugee(m): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
frosbel:

How do you explain this verse :

"where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED." - Mark 9:44
the fire is not quenched. the fire has been burning since the fall of man. we all ( jews vs gentiles ) take turns in entering that fire as either jew or gentile. firstly the jews are getting their turn in the fire because of their fall. the fire is spiritual death ( romans 11 vs 25 ). spiritual death means the devil has power over you. when the devil has power over you, coupled with the fact that the devil has been handed the world job 9 vs 24 and 1 john 5 vs 19. and the devil has been handed a sword by the lord ( rev 6 vs 4 ) ( sword means weaponry ), what you have is a situation were you are basically in an inferno. you are open to attack. exposed. this is why you had slavery, colonialism, unfair trade, plundering of africa, racism, etc etc. thats the FIRE. its not a literal fire. however after the era of the gentiles, it will be their turn to go into the fire, seeing as they are not doing a good job so far of proving themselves worthy to the lord. this is their chance ( the gentile era ) to prove themselves worthy of the kingdom but they are doing an atrocious job of it. so they got next in the furnace of fire.
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
buzugee: the fire is not quenched. the fire has been burning since the fall of man. we all ( jews vs gentiles ) take turns in entering that fire as either jew or gentile. firstly the jews are getting their turn in the fire because of their fall. the fire is spiritual death ( romans 11 vs 25 ). spiritual death means the devil has power over you. when the devil has power over you, coupled with the fact that the devil has been handed the world job 9 vs 24 and 1 john 5 vs 19. and the devil has been handed a sword by the lord ( rev 6 vs 4 ) ( sword means weaponry ), what you have is a situation were you are basically in an inferno. you are open to attack. exposed. this is why you had slavery, colonialism, unfair trade, plundering of africa, racism, etc etc. thats the FIRE. its not a literal fire. however after the era of the gentiles, it will be their turn to go into the fire, seeing as they are not doing a good job so far of proving themselves worthy to the lord. this is their chance ( the gentile era ) to prove themselves worthy of the kingdom but they are doing an atrocious job of it. so they got next in the furnace of fire.

Total nonsense cool
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by buzugee(m): 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
frosbel:

Total nonsense cool
HEAR OR FORBEAR. the lake of fire is different from hell fire. hope you know that. and the lake of fire has dual meanings. 'elimination' and 'actual physical fire'. thats all you need to know
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by ijawkid(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2012

Lol..

Buzugee..

U and america...

U better leave dat country b4 that calamity befalls the u.s of A....lol
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by ijawkid(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2012

Lol..

Buzugee..

U and america...

Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by ijawkid(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
frosbel:

Total nonsense cool

Hahahahahahahahaha.....

U aint seen nothing....

With buzugee u gotta always be ready for anything.....

But I agree with d spiritual death thing....

Ofcus d fire aint literal or physical
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by ijawkid(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
frosbel: Brothers and Sisters in Christ , can we discuss this topic.

"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power" - 2 Thessalonians 1:9

I agree with the everlasting destruction...

D bible explained itself from the 1theselonnians u quoted....

The lake of fire can't be literal...

Because death,hell and all d kings of d earth and satan will be thrown into it....

It signifies total destruction....

Agreed!!
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
ijawkid:

I agree with the everlasting destruction...

D bible explained itself from the 1theselonnians u quoted....

The lake of fire can't be literal...

Because death,hell and all d kings of d earth and satan will be thrown into it....

It signifies total destruction....

Agreed!!

Agreed ?? grin

I didn't say I agree with you.

If the bible says everlasting, surely everlasting punishment means eternal punishment !!

Remember the rich man in hell .
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by ijawkid(m): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
frosbel:

Agreed ?? grin

I didn't say I agree with you.

If the bible says everlasting, surely everlasting punishment means eternal punishment !!

Remember the rich man in hell .

Was that situation of d rich man and lazaruz a parable or a real life story??

Remember john 3:16 simply says all those who don't exercose faith in d ransom sacrifice of Yehshua will be what??

King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his
only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in
him should not perish, but have everlasting
life.

What does perish mean anyway??

The lake of fire is 2nd death.....

Total death/destruction of d wicked and satan....

Sodom and gomorah suffered from eternal fire........
Jude 7
Is d city still burning till today??

Total destruction bro is my take
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by buzugee(m): 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Was that situation of d rich man and lazaruz a parable or a real life story??

Remember john 3:16 simply says all those who don't exercose faith in d ransom sacrifice of Yehshua will be what??

King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his
only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in
him should not perish, but have everlasting
life.

What does perish mean anyway??

The lake of fire is 2nd death.....

Total death/destruction of d wicked and satan....

Sodom and gomorah suffered from eternal fire........
Jude 7
Is d city still burning till today??

Total destruction bro is my take

* thunderous ovation* you know the problem with Frosbel ? he reads the bible like a novel. he reads it literally.
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by buzugee(m): 9:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol..

Buzugee..

U and america...

too late. the decree has passesd through the mouth of the lord. their fate is sealed grin oh i left already
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Ptolomeus(m): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
A lake of fire ... that's original!
A virgin who has four children ...
A hell where souls (which are immaterial) burn!
A god who demanded sacrifices of virgins, but then does not want sacrifices.
A son of the dying god who stops believing in his father and asks him why he leaves?
May be criticize Christianity for many things, but not for lack of originality.
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by buzugee(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ptolomeus: A lake of fire ... that's original!
A virgin who has four children ...
A hell where souls (which are immaterial) burn!
A god who demanded sacrifices of virgins, but then does not want sacrifices.
A son of the dying god who stops believing in his father and asks him why he leaves?
May be criticize Christianity for many things, but not for lack of originality.
i see Ptolomeus done had one too many of them jose cuervos and sangrias grin grin
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Ptolomeus(m): 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
buzugee: i see Ptolomeus done had one too many of them jose cuervos and sangrias grin grin
Buzu! dear friend!
I was referring to the brothers of Jesus who quotes the Bible.
Here drink caña, grappa, Espinillar ... Brazilian caipirinha also ... Saangría is typical of Spain (and olé) ... and do not know the palm wine ... it's a shame!
A sincere hug dear friend!
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by buzugee(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Buzu! dear friend!
I was referring to the brothers of Jesus who quotes the Bible.
Here drink caña, grappa, Espinillar ... Brazilian caipirinha also ... Saangría is typical of Spain (and olé) ... and do not know the palm wine ... it's a shame!
A sincere hug dear friend!
hey friend you need to try the palmwine tapped straight and undiluted from the tree. you will need a paramedic on standby because after a cup, you will be in coma grin grin Sincere hug to you too. Trust all is well with you
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 20, 2012
Please indicate if you are a WATCHTOWERist, cause that'll help me get ya points
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Murphy7h4: 8:28am On Jun 20, 2012
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 20, 2012
Docjay487: Please indicate if you are a WATCHTOWERist, cause that'll help me get ya points

No !

Just a normal ordinary Christian who is now engaging his God given brain to analyse scripture.

The Lake of fire is for real and all sinners will be thrown into it for everlasting destruction.

Also the fire will not be quenched, means that the fire will not burn out, or be stopped by anyone , until it has completed it's work of destroying sinners, sin and all that is evil.

If you think God will send mankind to everlasting torture, then you are in the same team with the Catholics and SATAN or any other sadists that exist.

I have studied scripture again and again and it refers to the destruction of sinners with degrees of punishment , not everlasting torture.

Yes, it is bad enough to be thrown body and soul into hell , the flames, the pain and the destruction, but this is the destiny of all those who reject the sacrificial death of Christ on the cross.

The wages of sin is DEATH not torture.

"Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by" - Isaiah 47:14

Isaiah 5:24 Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the LORD Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Malachi 4:1 "Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and that day that is coming will set them on fire," says the LORD Almighty. "Not a root or a branch will be left to them.

2 Peter 3:7 "By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men."

Also there is this heresy , that death means separation from GOD, this is rubbish. DEATH means DEATH.

The soul that sins it shall die , saith the Lord. Both body and soul will be destroyed in the lake of fire.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." - Revelation 21:4
Re: Is the Lake Of Fire Eternal ? Vote by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
Is anyone scared of discussing this topic , has tradition gotten the better part of us , catholic tradition for the matter ?

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammed Farewell Summons / What The Bible Says About April Fool / The Weakness Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.