Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,493 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? (28284 Views)

Wearing Of Trousers, Earings And Make-up By Ladies Will Not Take Them To Hell. / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church / is The Wearing Of Necklaces And Ear Rings Scriptural In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by PA1982(f): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
China.
And for women as well as men.
What did men wear in biblical times in the Middle East?
Trousers?
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by honeyfave: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
@Goshen i willnt argue with u because i ve reasoned like u in the past.
But i thank God that HE revealed the right paths to me. I'm seriously praying that God should reveals himself to my lovely sisters too . Kingdom of God is not bread and butter.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
fortran12: why only trousers?, why is it that they is the only part that ppl are talking about what about the other laws in the chapter of Deuteronomy? Ppl just pick what suits them and make laws out of them and put their personal opinions into the interpreting the bible. Lots of Christians in Nigeria are focusing on the less important things and leaving the wat actually matters

Thank you for o. I have said it times without number on this forum, when you take the law, you have to take ALL or NONE. Tell the same people to apply the law against their wayward children, they will tell you we are no longer under the law. Tell them to apply the law against non virgin, they will tell you we are no more under the law. Yet, they mix the law and the Grace of God together. On the mount of transfiguration (mean while the law of Moses was given on the mount of Sinai) where God changed from law and physical instant judgment to Grace, they don't see that Moses (law) was there, Elijah (prophet of fire) was there and Jesus was there. God said, "hear ye him (Jesus)". If God said, listen to Jesus now (Heb. 1:1-3), what is the business of Christians listening to Moses under the NT. Also, in the NT, the Grace is NOT a license for immorality though. But God simply do NOT judge by appearance but by the heart. However, Christians are to dress moderately, not to entice or commit sin. This is very clear in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
honeyfave: @Goshen i willnt argue with u because i ve reasoned like u in the past.
But i thank God that HE revealed the right paths to me. I'm seriously praying that God should reveals himself to my lovely sisters too . Kingdom of God is not bread and butter.

My dear sister, I agree with with you if you have the "Spoken" word from God. What about the "written" word. I do not discredit you. Kindly understand me, God cannot be the author of confusion. If God gave you the "spoken" (which is subject to change off course) BUT the "written" word CANNOT be changed. I simply asked you to prove it from the "written" word that a woman wearing trouser is a sin. Is that too much for you my sister? God is NOT the author of confusion as God CANNOT contradict His word. This isn't about arguing with Goshen360, It's about telling us the TRUTH of God's word.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
O.k goshen are you saying the inner law in the heart tells you that you shouldn't kill, commit adultery(all in the mosaic law) but doesn't tell you(if u're a girl) not to wear trouser?
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Goshen360:

God cannot be the author of confusion. If God gave you the "spoken" (which is subject to change off course) BUT the "written" word CANNOT be changed..
Is the mosaic law spoken? How come it is subject to change? Please answer Is God now not an author of confusion by saying "don't obey all of those laws anymore". You agreed that the inner law will tell you not to kill but you fail to realise that the mosaic law stated that before the inner law came into existence, are you not now still obeying that law? Please answer. I tried to explain to you that the spirit of God helps you obey those commandments of God that you couldn't obey because of your carnal nature but you said No, we are not to obey the law, the truth is that you and i clearly know that some laws still apply to us (e.g thou shall not kill) and some do not because christ has made provisions and we are not to do anything anymore like killing of the lamb, now if i may ask why don't you kill even though we are to ignore the mosaic law that states we shouldn't kill? Please answer my questions. And just to inform you, God gave those laws to govern our lives, if it wasn't necessary he wouldn't have given us, if there was nothing wrong in stealing, if there was nothing wrong in a male wearing that pertains to a female, don't you think God will not bother telling us to obey? Answer please.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by God2man(m): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
honeyfave: Based on my experience i will say it's a sin.
I rarely put on skirt (i had just one casual skirt prior to my encounter). Behold in the month of May 2011, i had a dream in which i dressed in a pair of jean trouser and a blouse holding my Bible. A man was looking at me and my Bible shaking his head, he called me and told my that the way of my dressing does not glorify God, he later showed me the kind of clothes i need to put on(which are mainly skirts and shirts). i changed to one of the clothes d man showed me in the dream. And d man said that i can now go anywhere i want to go with my bible. Since that time i ve stopped putting on trousers.

My sister you are highly favoured, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women.

At least, nairaland is not all that bad, with you i can always come back and read inspirational message like the one you gave above.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
haibe: O.k goshen are you saying the inner law in the heart tells you that you shouldn't kill, commit adultery(all in the mosaic law) but doesn't tell you(if u're a girl) not to wear trouser?

What has killing human being (taking human life) got to do with wearing a trouser, if you are woman. It's like comparing an Apple to a Television. Both of them don't go together. Okay, I give you the opportunity to explain how a woman wears trouser sinned. Can you explain that? I said it before that I don't deal with what denomination preaches, I deal with "sound" doctrines and teachings. Can you tell us how a woman wearing trouser becomes a sin. I don't want us talking this back and forth.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 11:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
haibe:
Is the mosaic law spoken? How come it is subject to change? Please answer Is God now not an author of confusion by saying "don't obey all of those laws anymore". You agreed that the inner law will tell you not to kill but you fail to realise that the mosaic law stated that before the inner law came into existence, are you not now still obeying that law? Please answer. I tried to explain to you that the spirit of God helps you obey those commandments of God that you couldn't obey because of your carnal nature but you said No, we are not to obey the law, the truth is that you and i clearly know that some laws still apply to us (e.g thou shall not kill) and some do not because christ has made provisions and we are not to do anything anymore like killing of the lamb, now if i may ask why don't you kill even though we are to ignore the mosaic law that states we shouldn't kill? Please answer my questions. And just to inform you, God gave those laws to govern our lives, if it wasn't necessary he wouldn't have given us, if there was nothing wrong in stealing, if there was nothing wrong in a male wearing that pertains to a female, don't you think God will not bother telling us to obey? Answer please.

I simple can't understand how you are going in circles. Where in my reply to "honeyfave" did I take Mosaic law to be spoken word. I was responding to her based on the fact she said she had a dream. I "assume" it was a corrective dream though but if I also "assume" the man that corrected her in the dream. Then I asked her to show us from the bible (written word which cannot change) unlike the dream which is subject to change. What am saying is, before it officially becomes a law through Moses, we all know (by nature) that it is wrong to kill. etc Again, the issue in the case of a woman wearing trouser is that, Is it a sin? If you say it is a sin, How is it a sin? If you call that a sin from the laws of Moses, then you should also be practicing other laws and regulations of Moses such as applies to "wayward or disobedient" children and other regulations because I DON'T SEE THOU SHALL NOT WEAR A TROUSER AS A WOMAN IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

So if we take the whole 10 commandments as it is together, other laws are either ceremonial or regulatory laws. So you should be also be practicing the other remaining laws aside the 10 commandments if you choose to do so. I don't have problem with that. My teachings here is, the "Church and the Gentiles" are NEVER UNDER THE LAW OF MOSES AND ALL IT'S REGULATIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE. This I have shown you many times from the word of God but you seems to overlook that aspect. You guys should please STOP making Christianity difficult for God's people. What is purpose of the NT if God still wants to keep the OT? Christianity is NOT as difficult as the way you guys make it look like. And I still stand on my word, you are "probably" saying this because your denomination which I know very well teach against women wearing trouser. If our testament, the NT calls it a sin, I will call it a sin. If not, my brother, I will not call it a sin.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
Out of d mouth of two, a matter is established. Ur only reference is deutronomy. Remember d old testament is a shadow of d new, nd sum relevant laws in the old were spoken abt again in d new testament, makin such matters established. Trouser wasn't one of dem, but we were told 2 b modest and decent in out dressin, and avoid doin tins dat wld make anoda sin. Like I said b4, Iv got frnds whom u wld rather dey put on trousies dan skirts cuz of ...... It is not a sin 2 me! Wonderin y no one's talkin abt collared shirts, face cap, shorts, slippers, headwarmers e.t.c. Since a man cnt wear blouse, bt ladies do wear shirts(wich is common among guys) like bankers, does dat mean its a sin? Modesty nd decency is the paramout tin. Sum of us are not practisin Christainity, but playin religion, nd mixin both up.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 11:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
Phiozy: Out of d mouth of two, a matter is established. Ur only reference is deutronomy. Remember d old testament is a shadow of d new, nd sum relevant laws in the old were spoken abt again in d new testament, makin such matters established. Trouser wasn't one of dem, but we were told 2 b modest and decent in out dressin, and avoid doin tins dat wld make anoda sin. Like I said b4, Iv got frnds whom u wld rather dey put on trousies dan skirts cuz of ...... It is not a sin 2 me! Wonderin y no one's talkin abt collared shirts, face cap, shorts, slippers, headwarmers e.t.c. Since a man cnt wear blouse, bt ladies do wear shirts(wich is common among guys) like bankers, does dat mean its a sin? Modesty nd decency is the paramout tin.

Thank you my sister. I thought of that verse when I wanted to reply "haibe" when you said from the mouth of two or three the truth shall be established. They might tell you that so because it was recorded once means we should ignore it after all Jesus only said "ye must be born again" only once in John's account, grin lolz. The truth is, none of these guys had proved beyond all contradictions that a woman wearing trouser is a sin other than quoting deut 22:5. It is simply NOT found in "our" NT. This issue is NOT part of the Gospel and some of these guys should stop spread a false Gospel to the body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by ATMC(f): 11:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
@hbaibe, i think there's something u r not getting right nd dt is dt d law moses came down with from mount sinai is d ten commandment nd also referred to as d law of god but those ones he gave d children of israel such as any male dt opens d womb should be redeemed nd d likes of thou shall not eat pork etc as found in leviticus nd deut to be precise are generally referred to as d law of moses. This law tells d priest what to do before entering d holy of holies nd how to offer burnt offerings, atonement nd d rest of them. these r what christ fulfilled hence he's called d high priest. So he said it's finished...what is finished is d priestley work- all d sacrifices- so no more sacrifices for d requirement of d mosaic law has been met so d new people of god r no more under d law but under d grace of our lord jesus hence dt statement by paul, may d grace of our lord jesus christ etc. Do u get, u can study more on dt using a study bible or d internet. D holy spirit is likely not to tell u to keep d law of moses, which one will u keep nd leave d other. May be u heard ur own spirit/mind.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 17, 2012
haibe: My understanding of deutronomy 22 is that in a community/country/society which has its established culture or a well organised cultural group to say, a man should not wear that which a woman is to wear.. For instance if trouser is initially made for female in nigeria, then a man shouldn't wear it and vice versa or if skirt is made initially for male in greece, then a woman shouldn't wear it. It wouldn't be o.k for both sexes to wear what initially pertains to that of a sex only. God must have a reason for giving us this law to obey and because some men who are ignorant of the law are already going against the law doesn't make you as a christian to do the same. Now the issue of trouser, i saw a post of someone writing that "we should be careful not to obey the law". Please the bible is not telling us not to obey the law when we can as most people assume as a result of certain mis-interpreted verses. Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfil"
When the apostles are saying we aren't under the law anymore, it doesn't mean we are not to obey the law but that since the law brings bondage, we are no longer under bondage(law) but under grace(freeman), it means we don't have to strive to please God because there is a grace that brings salvation that makes it easy to obey the law, it becomes a normal thing to obey the law because your nature has been changed to that of christs. The bible tells us that the law is a reflection oF God's nature. If you are now a child of God obeying God's law will just be as easy as complying to your nature but we obey the law not as though we are under bondage but as freemen. What the apostles made us understand is that those who are under the law(e.g jews) and without grace can't please God because their hearts were hardened, they have not received the heart of flesh which comes as a result of Gods grace through Jesus. The spirit of God cant tell us not to obey the law of God but will rather strenghten us to obey them with ease thereby making us not to be under bondage of the law. Am just explaining this to make us understand that we are still to obey Gods law but only through Gods grace that make us free. There are so many places that the bible repeated Gods law in the new testament and that we are to follow them like 1 corinthians 6:9-10, galatians 5:19-21, revelations 22:14-15. E.t.c if we are not to obey the law, then let us commit adultery, theft, murder since they are of the law but no we obey Gods law not as that of bondage but as the law of liberty.
In conclusion we are to obey what deutronomy 22 tells us, in nigeria men started wearing trousers, all of a sudden we saw women doing the same but its not right, if trousers was known from the foundation to be for both sexes, then that is o.k since it was neither for the male only or female only as the bible only says men shouldn't wear that which pertaineth to a woman and vice versa, so if trousers were made for both sexes initially, there will be nothing wrong but as for now as we see in most countries how what has been made for a particular sex is now being worn by both sexes, this is very wrong even though we don't want to accept because we do such, the truth is bitter and because majority accepts it doesn't mean it is right, infact to go to heaven your company must be of the Few(mattew 7:13-14). I have a sister who wears trousers also but i just have to continue to advice her to stop... May God help us to understand the truth.
P.S. I noted someone saying that in other countries females have to wear trousers as a result of cold but what i will say is (1). A christian who really loves God and understand his word would rather please God than please herself. 2). There are other clothes a female can wear that will cover her body apart from that of a male.

Shalom.

What u just said makes no sense. So Nigerian men wore trousers first was it what they were wearing at first culturally? The white man came with his trousers for men u accepted it no problems now he has come with trousers for women n u won't accept it? Typical Nigerian male chauvinist. Smh
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 10:01am On Jun 17, 2012
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2012
Goshen360:

Thank you my sister. I thought of that verse when I wanted to reply "haibe" when you said from the mouth of two or three the truth shall be established. They might tell you that so because it was recorded once means we should ignore it after all Jesus only said "ye must be born again" only once in John's account, grin lolz. The truth is, none of these guys had proved beyond all contradictions that a woman wearing trouser is a sin other than quoting deut 22:5. It is simply NOT found in "our" NT. This issue is NOT part of the Gospel and some of these guys should stop spread a false Gospel to the body of Christ.
Okay i get you, because the NT did not repeat deut 22:5 then its no longer a sin, let me ask you: is gambling a sin? Is inbreeding a sin? Is masturbatin a sin?
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 10:44am On Jun 17, 2012
goldylock:

What u just said makes no sense. So Nigerian men wore trousers first was it what they were wearing at first culturally? The white man came with his trousers for men u accepted it no problems now he has come with trousers for women n u won't accept it? Typical Nigerian male chauvinist. Smh
Just take it easy ehn, we are not fighting, its only a thread, you can share your opinion too and you wouldn't be insulted. I will just say you didn't understand what i wrote, the white man came with trouser for men and not women, later they are coming with trousers for women, well our God doesn't want that, it has been known to be for male since the foundation, so just let it be. Do you think its proper for men to start wearing skirt in nigeria?
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2012
haibe:
Okay i get you, because the NT did not repeat deut 22:5 then its no longer a sin, let me ask you: is gambling a sin? Is inbreeding a sin? Is masturbatin a sin?

See my brother, you are getting everything wrong. Maybe it's the way I explain certain thing sometimes. Am NOT saying because Deut 22:5 is NOT repeated in the NT, am saying what the bible says that CHRISTIANS WERE NEVER GIVEN THE LAW OF MOSES IN THE FIRST PLACE, IT WAS GIVEN TO THE JEWS. But if we, Christians do "by nature" what things which are written in the law, we become a law to ourselves. We are asking you to prove beyond Deut 22:5 and you are not doing that. My brother, stop governing your Christian life/walk with the law of Moses that even God that that gave had done away with it and it wasn't even given to you.

I know where you are going with your question of gambling, In-breeding and mastubation. YES, I believe from the word of God we have scriptures that points to these things you mentioned in the scriptures as sin but they are not "specifically" mentioned by those names. I have argued from the word of God many times here that mastubation is a sin, so also is smoking, drinking, gambling, inbreeding. So I believe they they are sin to the NT believers. All you need to do is prove beyond all contradiction from the word of God that, what someone (a NT believer) wears becomes a sin aside of dressing MODERATELY. Even the females of your denomination (and many of them that migrated from Nigeria to the USA) here in the United States wear trouser to their worship center. I have told you, whatever you cannot preach anywhere, everywhere and anytime is NOT the Gospel.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
This is bondage when religion tells you what and what not to wear.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2012
Goshen360:

CHRISTIANS WERE NEVER GIVEN THE LAW OF MOSES IN THE FIRST PLACE, IT WAS GIVEN TO THE JEWS.
And what makes you think a jew can't be converted to a christian? So then he should forget those laws that are still vital to christianity? Let's assume am a jew but now a christian, what does my conversion to christianity has to do with a law like that of deut 22:5, there are other laws that can't just be applicable to a christian but there is nothing wrong in obeying a law like deut 22:5 and even some of the 10 commandments not as though you are bound to the law but obeying them because you know they are still applicable to christianity and that God has a reason for giving those laws, God understands that those law are essential for we humans and that's why he gave them, just imagine all the male start wearing skirts in nigeria and female trousers, does this sound normal to you? Don't get me wrong, an not saying you will be bound to the law and the repercussion if you don't obey but there are some laws in the OT that nothing should stop us as christians to obey them and we are obeying them as christians because of we understand that going against them is wrong before God so we obey because we know they are still applicable to us as christians and not because we will be punished for it, laws like RESTITUTION should still be held by christians but its not like we will be punished if we don't obey it but just to make things right. Only if we can understand that some laws were given because it was necessary that we live by them FOR OUR OWN GOOD, and when you know you are to live by them and you don't , then that is not right and "all unrighteousness is sin". That's why am saying its a sin, though probably not a sin leading to death. So get it right, because you obey laws that can still be applicable to you doesn't make you bound to the law, nothing stops a law like deut 22:5 to be applicable to christians just like the ten commandments(excluding sabath, christ is the lord of the sabath). To say because the NT did not state some things written in OT for us to obey, then should we now conclude they are right if we d̶̲̅σ them? Did the bible tell us not to smoke marijuana? How come we as christians don't smoke it?. I will just stop here, you have ƔυƦ live to live. No hard feelings.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by FXKing2012(m): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
It is not a sin, it's the intent of your heart that determines whether u sin or not.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2012
diluminati: This is bondage when religion tells you what and what not to wear.
So when religion tells. A female not to wear a tight skimpy cloth even if she wants to, is that bondage? No its not because you have the freewill to disobey, God does not force, its only for our well being he gives us certain commandments for us to follow. And i tell you its because we don't obey some commandments that can still be applicable to us, that's why some evil happen to us, and they will tell you nothing is wrong in doing this doing that all in the name of "i have the Holy spirit".
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2012
FXKing2012: It is not a sin, it's the intent of your heart that determines whether u sin or not.
Yes you are right and if God tells you to d̶̲̅σ something and you do not, it is sin.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
haibe:
And what makes you think a jew can't be converted to a christian? So then he should forget those laws that are still vital to christianity? Let's assume am a jew but now a christian, what does my conversion to christianity has to do with a law like that of deut 22:5, there are other laws that can't just be applicable to a christian but there is nothing wrong in obeying a law like deut 22:5 and even some of the 10 commandments not as though you are bound to the law but obeying them because you know they are still applicable to christianity and that God has a reason for giving those laws, God understands that those law are essential for we humans and that's why he gave them, just imagine all the male start wearing skirts in nigeria and female trousers, does this sound normal to you?

My brother, You need to STUDY the "Epistle to the Hebrews". It was written to the Jews who converted to Christianity and due to their holding to "laws and ceremony" of Moses that lead them to Judaism, Paul was wrote to them to tell them everything Jesus did was BETTER THAN EVERYTHING IN THE OT. My brother, the OT is a type and shadows and NOT the very image or substance themselves. If a Jew convert to Christianity, they are NOT expected to follow the ways of the Mosaic Law but the Christian law. When a Jews "CONVERT" to Christianity, he/she "crosses" from OT to NT which is a better covenant. All ceremonial and Mosaic laws are ALL GONE according to the epistle to the Hebrews or Jews. All your answers lies in Hebrews. I wont go deeper into that.

Again, it's NOT about having my life to live or something. It's about proving ALL things. We have the "Canon" of scriptures to validate these teaching. I do not intend to refute your denominational teachings even the so called "RESTITUTION" but to say that a woman wearing a trouser IS A SIN is simply NOT a NT Christian teachings. It might be your denominational teaching, that's okay but it is NOT a sound doctrine/teaching for the NT Christians. When you say that it a sin for a woman to wear trouser based Deut 22:5, then we should simply ask you if you also keep other regulations and ceremonial laws of Moses? What God had called clean, please don't call it unclean. Trouser wearing don't defile a woman BUT the motives or heart with which she wears it can defile her.

Don't accept a teaching simple because your Pastor preached it, you need to scan such teachings by your own research efforts. I respect your denomination but many of your teachings are simply wrong, they are man made traditions of men. Was it not your denomination that used to teach in the past, people should not watch T.V? Was it not your denomination that teach people should not be educated and when the time came to spread the Gospel to other countries, they wanted educated people. I can go on and on but It's just not right to say wearing a trouser by a woman defiles her meanwhile, women of your denomination wear it here in the USA and women in Nigeria can't wear it, that is hypocrisy my brother and it is not the Gospel.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
D same chapter that says women shld nt wear men clothings also say u shld nt wear mixture of materials(no linen with wool, it must b 100% wool or cotton), it also says dnt do mixed cropping. Haba, hw much of these can u follow? Rhema can cm prohibitx u to wear trouser or ear rings but its simply subjective n cant b used as a doctrine.
Our consideratx nw shld b is it moderate, non sexy? does it glorify God, wil it nt mk d weak in faith fal? These n more shld b our consideratx. We must nt entangle n put pple in bondage dictatx to them wht to wear, wht to eat etc, dese ar simply worshipping with d will n nt d spirit. When we learn hw to b led by d spirit, dir wont b unnecessary argument of wht is right n wrong. When we consiously live with al dis law, then we'l becm sin consious n nt righteous consious. D old testament is a shadow of NT. Wht dat passage means in our tym is deeper than dat n its elaborated in 1cor 11.

1 Like

Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners [size=20pt]spake[/size] in [size=20pt]time past[/size] unto [size=20pt]the fathers[/size] by the prophets, Hath [size=20pt]in these last days[/size] [size=20pt]spoken unto us[/size] [size=20pt]by [his] Son[/size], whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds. Heb 1:1-2 Kjv.

This is the Introductory/opening words in the epistle of Hebrews and the core message of Paul therein. The rest is just an exposition and deeper insight of these statement. God "spoke" in the PAST BUT NOW "spoke" to US (Christians) by His Son. If you still want to keep following the laws of Moses, go ahead BUT remember,

All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Gal 3:10 Niv

But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law." NLT.

So if you are keeping some aspects of the Mosaic laws and neglecting the rest, you are breaking all and such person is under a curse of the law BUT Christ has redeemed us from the curses of the law having been made a curse for us. Gal 3:13.

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. James 2:10 Kjv

For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws. NLT
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
rhemaplus: D same chapter that says women shld nt wear men clothings also say u shld nt wear mixture of materials(no linen with wool, it must b 100% wool or cotton), it also says dnt do mixed cropping. Haba, hw much of these can u follow? Rhema can cm prohibitx u to wear trouser or ear rings but its simply subjective n cant b used as a doctrine.
Our consideratx nw shld b is it moderate, non sexy? does it glorify God, wil it nt mk d weak in faith fal? These n more shld b our consideratx. We must nt entangle n put pple in bondage dictatx to them wht to wear, wht to eat etc, dese ar simply worshipping with d will n nt d spirit. When we learn hw to b led by d spirit, dir wont b unnecessary argument of wht is right n wrong. When we consiously live with al dis law, then we'l becm sin consious n nt righteous consious. D old testament is a shadow of NT. Wht dat passage means in our tym is deeper than dat n its elaborated in 1cor 11.
How can you explain 2 timothy 2:9 isn't it dictating to women what not to wear?
I see you don't really understand my post. Whether you like it or not, there are still commandments in the new testament we are to follow, so you all are hiding under the name of Holyspirit, ℓ̊ don't for you oo
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2012
Goshen360: God, who at sundry times and in divers manners [size=20pt]spake[/size] in [size=20pt]time past[/size] unto [size=20pt]the fathers[/size] by the prophets, Hath [size=20pt]in these last days[/size] [size=20pt]spoken unto us[/size] [size=20pt]by [his] Son[/size], whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds. Heb 1:1-2 Kjv.

This is the Introductory/opening words in the epistle of Hebrews and the core message of Paul therein. The rest is just an exposition and deeper insight of these statement. God "spoke" in the PAST BUT NOW "spoke" to US (Christians) by His Son. If you still want to keep following the laws of Moses, go ahead BUT remember,

All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Gal 3:10 Niv

But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law." NLT.

So if you are keeping some aspects of the Mosaic laws and neglecting the rest, you are breaking all and such person is under a curse of the law BUT Christ has redeemed us from the curses of the law having been made a curse for us. Gal 3:13.

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. James 2:10 Kjv

For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws. NLT
God bless you, but please read my post well and understand, there is difference between obeying because you are told to do so and obeying because it is right to do by ƔυƦ own will.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2012
Gosh, pls shut up about haibe's denomination and focus on the discussion please, it's starting to irritate. what's the denomination, ironically?
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by haibe(m): 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2012
Goshen360:

My brother, You need to STUDY the "Epistle to the Hebrews". It was written to the Jews who converted to Christianity and due to their holding to "laws and ceremony" of Moses that lead them to Judaism, Paul was wrote to them to tell them everything Jesus did was BETTER THAN EVERYTHING IN THE OT. My brother, the OT is a type and shadows and NOT the very image or substance themselves. If a Jew convert to Christianity, they are NOT expected to follow the ways of the Mosaic Law but the Christian law. When a Jews "CONVERT" to Christianity, he/she "crosses" from OT to NT which is a better covenant. All ceremonial and Mosaic laws are ALL GONE according to the epistle to the Hebrews or Jews. All your answers lies in Hebrews. I wont go deeper into that.

Again, it's NOT about having my life to live or something. It's about proving ALL things. We have the "Canon" of scriptures to validate these teaching. I do not intend to refute your denominational teachings even the so called "RESTITUTION" but to say that a woman wearing a trouser IS A SIN is simply NOT a NT Christian teachings. It might be your denominational teaching, that's okay but it is NOT a sound doctrine/teaching for the NT Christians. When you say that it a sin for a woman to wear trouser based Deut 22:5, then we should simply ask you if you also keep other regulations and ceremonial laws of Moses? What God had called clean, please don't call it unclean. Trouser wearing don't defile a woman BUT the motives or heart with which she wears it can defile her.

Don't accept a teaching simple because your Pastor preached it, you need to scan such teachings by your own research efforts. I respect your denomination but many of your teachings are simply wrong, they are man made traditions of men. Was it not your denomination that used to teach in the past, people should not watch T.V? Was it not your denomination that teach people should not be educated and when the time came to spread the Gospel to other countries, they wanted educated people. I can go on and on but It's just not right to say wearing a trouser by a woman defiles her meanwhile, women of your denomination wear it here in the USA and women in Nigeria can't wear it, that is hypocrisy my brother and it is not the Gospel.

I don't still understand how we got to the issue of denomination, lol, am only writing from my knowledge and then you say denomination. Well for ƔυƦ information i am not speaking what av been taught but what ℓ̊ know, about the issue of t.v, i have a t.v at home even though av come to understand it can endanger a christian life, about the education issue, maybe you should go back to the source who told you and stop carrying rumour, probably you are mistaking us with bokoharam and i tell you every church is not perfect, so i don't know why you are criticizing one if yours is not also perfect, i still find some things not necessary in my church even as i find in other churches. Just be sure of what you say not everything you hear is true, and about the girls in US wearing trousers what has that Got to do with me? Is it everyone going to church that are not hypocrites? Is every body in your church holy? If not, does that make your pastor a wrong person, That's a very bad conclusion from a bad inference.
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by Goshen360(m): 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2012
Image123: Gosh, pls shut up about haibe's denomination and focus on the discussion please, it's starting to irritate. what's the denomination, ironically?
Apostle Image123, which kind yawa be that now? lolz grin grin grin
Re: Is Wearing Of Trousers By Female A Sin? by FXKing2012(m): 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2012
haibe:
Yes you are right and if God tells you to d̶̲̅σ something and you do not, it is sin.

your clothing is cultural: in certain cultures (such as wt the Scots), men wear skirts, so does that mean that the men are sinning against God? It may be wrong to wear skit in Nigeria if u are a man but not in Scotland. Just dress decent and be acceptable in the society.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Samuel Adefila Abidoye's 2018 Prophecy: Celebrities And Politicians Will Die / Free Sex Is Still Not Free / How I Used Sea Salt For Cleansings, Luck & Attraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.