Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (10332 Views)

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Farouk Lawan Trial Starts Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Reference(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2012
tunapawizzy: All of u saying the police should have arrested farouk, thats not possible. Otedola gave his side of the story, farouk too needs to state his side. Its after him not honouring this invitation that the police can now go ahead and arrest him. Obviously the farouk guy is buying time so his fellow crooks can provide a sort of cover for him at their dishonourable sitting tomorrow. But seriously he can come out this mess clean. According to reports he went to otedolas house alone around 4am in the morning. Meaning he has no witness. Since he did not inform the police before the operations( he dun enter wahala already). As it is after their dishonourable sitting in that God forsaken chamber tomorrow, there is every possibility he will be picked up by the police. This is not to say otedola is not a thief too, but on this case otedola played like a complete street boy, comfirmed strategist. Karma will definitely hunt him down someday but not on this case. I will also be surprised if otedola did not carry jonathan along in this so called sting operation. Perfect way for goodluck to get back at farouk for dishonouring his choice of house speakership. Anyway May God punish them all from Goodluck to d smallest of them all that are using our lives to play politics.

If it is a civil matter, yes. But in a criminal case with clear, analysed evidence in their possesion they can wait till the polar ice turns to pure water and still the felon won't show up.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by member479760: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2012
"Detectives handling the case said the lawmaker had no reason to take the exhibit to the House chamber. They wonder whether the House of Representatives had become a police station where exhibits are kept"

Just as the CBN became a police station!
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
gboss4sure: [size=20pt]GEJ PLEASE REMOVE SUBSIDY COMPLETELY AM TIRED OF THIS MESS...................HAD SUBSIDY NOT BEEN REMOVED PARTIALLY IN JANUARY WE WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN HOW THIS PEOPLE ARE CHOPPING US NUTS...............I HEREBY DEMAND FOR COMPLETE REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY BIKO[/size]

unfortunately, 90-something-% of Nigerians will not agree. They trade on sentiments rather than think on how we can move Nigeria forward.

Till now, I still stand my ground that the only way forward is the 100% removal of subsidy. That is the bullet that will kill corruption in the oil sector: if the corruption in the oil sector is handled, Nigerian can then think of other areas.

Let market forces determine fuel price, that will introduce competition, and things will take shape.

May Jonathan and his team find a way to do this. Amen.

As for Faruk on th run, it is obvious that many of us think we are in the military era. To arrest a high profile citizen like Faruk is not as simple as that.

Any way, I just heard on radio that he has been declared wanted.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Biggyd2: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2012
canuck: Nigeria Police Force (abi na Nigeria Police Service) is looking for a guy who is junketing around granting interviews of "I didn't take any money". . ."OK, I took the money, but..."

Nigeria is stuck because we dissipate energy looking for the OBVIOUS!

Ehn, post it in Kano State so that his kinsmen will see the person who wanted to represent them as next Kano State governor. I am dreaming sha, he might still be next governor. With Nigerian politics anything can happen.

This one too http://www.punchng.com/business/money/sanusi-wears-chieftaincy-robe-to-office/
might be preparing for something too in the future. I tire for these people sha.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by drnoel: 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2012
but when will they arrest him. he stole shebi

1 Like

Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by NAJALYN: 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
I guess Faruk has given a handsome bribe to the police and they allowed him escape. Now that he has escaped they are declaring him wanted. Robbers declaring a robber wanted! How interesting.

1 Like

Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by onoja12: 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2012
nigerians eat anything the government tell them,i read the otedola tape didnt start from the begining also a report was made in may yet the police did nothing since then also the pdp leadership ask farouk not to lay the matter on the house floor.lastly they want to go after the speaker.freash air
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by lacasa: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
​ so​, in essence the subsidy scam will be swept under the carpet.

Nigeria is already a failed state.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
Quick to declare this guy wanted - but what about those who were indicted for stealing billions?

Useless country! - the more you look, the less you see. undecided
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by idumuose(m): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2012
If farouk is eventually found guilty,MY GOD,

he is finished politically.

cant we have a man of integrity in this

country again.NA WA O!!!

1 Like

Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by azimibraun: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2012
As mch as my trust in farouks innocence is dwindling, i still want 2 bliv that the cabal backed by the establishment is capable of turning black 2 white as fela once told. Cnt see a farouk win a war against the mob.from the probe report to the bribery scandal wat a quick switch.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2012
hmmm yoruba thief stole money from naija delta and used part of it to pay aboki (hausa) thief !!! Very interesting ( always knew the two tribes are full of thieves) No offence grin
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
noblezone:

unfortunately, 90-something-% of Nigerians will not agree. They trade on sentiments rather than think on how we can move Nigeria forward.

Till now, I still stand my ground that the only way forward is the 100% removal of subsidy. That is the bullet that will kill corruption in the oil sector: if the corruption in the oil sector is handled, Nigerian can then think of other areas.

Let market forces determine fuel price, that will introduce competition, and things will take shape.

As for Faruk on th run, it is obvious that many of us think we are in the military era. To arrest a high profile citizen like Faruk is not as simple as that.

Non sense. They said there was never subsidy that all was scam and u are here saying rubbish again mtchewww
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by azimibraun: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2012
I once won a price for identifying wat nigerias 2 biggest problems wia in my undergraduate days.the proffessor lecturer gv me 1k for my brilliance.lookin back, these 2 remains our biggest problems. 1. Trust and 2. Gullibility. Cant trust any nigerian and nigerians are quick 2 b decieved.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex: Quick to declare this guy wanted - but what about those who were indicted for stealing billions?

Useless country! - the more you look, the less you see. undecided
. Guy, it's not a bad thing if they start the clean up process with farouk. Granted, the whole country is messed up and our institutions are dead. That doesn't mean Forouk should get away with it. Let's see how it plays out.

1 Like

Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
9jadelta: hmmm yoruba thief stole money from naija delta and used part of it to pay aboki (hausa) thief !!! Very interesting ( always knew the two tribes are full of thieves) No offence grin
grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by uncleb(m): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
gboss4sure: [size=20pt]GEJ PLEASE REMOVE SUBSIDY COMPLETELY AM TIRED OF THIS MESS...................HAD SUBSIDY NOT BEEN REMOVED PARTIALLY IN JANUARY WE WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN HOW THIS PEOPLE ARE CHOPPING US NUTS...............I HEREBY DEMAND FOR COMPLETE REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY BIKO[/size]

if you have headache, do you chop off your head?

As far as am concerned, its a stupid assertion that subsidy should be removed as a panacea to the corruption in the oil sector.

Are there no corruption in other sectors where there are no subsidy schemes. Education system, medical, power... name it.

Ok Government and politicians should stop handling our money since they cannot be trusted.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by uncleb(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:
grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@9jadelta.

Since you put sentiment into everything, who told you that your village man did not share in the bribe proceeds?

What is wrong is not not because of who is involved.

Am sure you would have seen nothing wrong in this mess if Farouk was your tribal man, but lets wait till the end, we will know other culprits.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2012
gboss4sure: No matter what i believe Otedola is not clean of the subsidy scam if not why should lawan demand to be paid by him for his company's removal on the list..... Lawan weren't smart on this...........I believe the subsidy cabal is behind all this story and they setted lawal up and he falled for it..... What a pity......... now the criminal is beginning to appear innocent, we all know that some company that does not import fuel also collected subsidy payments and which otedola is a party to but lawan fall hands instead of standing on the truth now he is been made a criminal........ Well Sha na Aboki brain..........i Must say the brain behind all dis SAGA na PAPA OBJ. (A.k.A. The Cabal)
The problem with some pple here is that they cannot read. Otedola might be a criminal, but in this issue, the guy performed his civil right perfectly. From all the news we all read, Hon. Lawan is the crook
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by uncleb(m): 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2012
noblezone:

Cant we just think for 1 minute?

Government has N1,000 as gross revenue in a year.

Was supposed to spend N300 and balance should remain N700 to give you road, electricity, education etc.

But claimed that it had spent N600 on subsidy (even though only spend 200) and so the balance is N400.

With the remaining N400 nothing has been done, no road, no light, no infrastructure (but money is only being shared among these rogues called politicians)

Now you tell me that subsidy removal is the solution. No problem, let me tell you the result of subsidy removal going by my illustration above.

Government will now have N1000 for roads, electricity e.t.c (excluding fuel subsidy)

But you know what, the N1000 will go the way N400 went during subsidy era. you wont see the result, it would only increase the money available to be shared in Abj.

As intelligent people, what we should be demanding is that govt should revamp our refineries so that we stop importation.

Aren't you a stupid and foolish fellow if you cultivate yam, sell it cheap to someone and then turn to the same person to buy pounded yam at an exorbitant price to feed your family? what stops you from getting your own pestle and mortal?

Please lets start thinking right.

And lets argue intelligently!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
noblezone:

I agree with you. The subsidy should be removed completely. We all should just count our losses and move on.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by tribalism(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2012
nigeria is a scene. information reaching our desk indicates that lawan from the day this report was made discharged his police ordely with a N500,000.00 to stay away for the period this whole issue will last. what a stage.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 14, 2012
Donxavier: . Guy, it's not a bad thing if they start the clean up process with farouk. Granted, the whole country is messed up and our institutions are dead. That doesn't mean Forouk should get away with it. Let's see how it plays out.

Start with Farouk?

Why can't they start with GEJ, Okonjo Iweala, and the Petroleum Minister?

GEJ, Okonjo-Iweala, and the big eyed Petroleum Minister are the most corrupt scums in Nigeria..
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

Start with Farouk?

Why can't they start with GEJ, Okonjo Iweala, and the Petroleum Minister?

GEJ, Okonjo-Iweala, and the big eyed Petroleum Minister are the most corrupt scums in Nigeria..

. One at a time my bro. Let them start with Farouk first. He should face the full wrath of the Law. Let Justice be fully served then we can up the tempo and go after GEJ's ministers and GEJ himself.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by emmasege: 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2012
uncleb:

@9jadelta.

Since you put sentiment into everything, who told you that your village man did not share in the bribe proceeds?

What is wrong is not not because of who is involved.

Am sure you would have seen nothing wrong in this mess if Farouk was your tribal man, but lets wait till the end, we will know other culprits.

pls tell him that Farouk may not be the only thief involved. Fingers are already pointing at the deputy speaker (an igbo man)and it's not impossible that there are still more igbos among the farouk-led committee. there is no need to exonerate any tribe/section from corruption that's become endemic in Nigeria. I only hope that it will abate someday.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Biggyd2: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by bakila: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
lacasa: ​ so​, in essence the subsidy scam will be swept under the carpet.

Nigeria is already a failed state.

Declaring a person wanted when their is political undertone in a matter is a sign that the person having the highest office in relation to him has a political stake in the matter.
The fuel subsidy scam is dead and buried.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by sammisra: 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2012
farouq is guilty about what he did we are not happy traditinaly religiously but at least god answer our prayer to find out any corruption scandal commited in naija and i want him to come out and face the trial coz he is not the first and he cant be a last one.
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Biggyd2: 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2012
Yeah, he went in d evening to the police. So let's hope justice finally prevails
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Emmy9ite(m): 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2012
This is where we need people like BUHARI, bring this FACROOK out and invest 20 bullets into that his body....gosh,so tired of being a nigerian!
Re: Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted by Benzora(m): 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
Due process was not followed in the arrest of a very senior customs Controller accused of stealing arms and ammunition but with all these in the public evidence, police must follow due process. Naija I hail!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Sixth Worst Country To Grow Old, Says UN Report / Reps Approve More Borrowing For Presidency / Borno PDP Rep Candidate, Engr. Kachalla Joins APC After Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.