Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? (1862 Views)

Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Scopium: 8:18am On Nov 26, 2007
[size=13pt]How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked Them How? My mum visited her sister married in my place when my dad saw her and the rest is history.[/size]
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by efuah(f): 10:28am On Nov 26, 2007
err Scopium, same here grin lol i guess we're of the same parents tongue
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Scopium: 10:48am On Nov 26, 2007
efuah:

err Scopium, same here grin lol i guess we're of the same parents tongue
[size=13pt]What a coincidence. So how's our parents doing dear?[/size]
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by iice(f): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2007
Yes i know. . .didn't even have to ask, my mama tell me when i was a child
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by aloib(f): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2007
my dad was my aunts(mums sister) friend, she hooked them up or somethn
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Scopium: 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2007
iice:

Yes i know. . .didn't even have to ask, my mama tell me when i was a child
[size=13pt]So would you mind telling us how?[/size]
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by iice(f): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2007
She traveled to his side, they ended up working together, hooked up and the rest is history
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by ifyalways(f): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
my dad is an engineer.my mum went to have sometin repaired and the rest became tori.my dad ended up repairing and marying my mum  grin  grin   grin  grin
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by almondjoy(f): 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
In UNILAG---Akoka of course---during "school dance". They were co-eds in school.  Not by some village stream or a farm! cool

Proud to say--the happy product of that union within the first year of dating--somethings just so happen to run in the family. tongue

They are still going strong after over 30 years! What a legacy!
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by efuah(f): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2007
Scopium:

[size=13pt]What a coincidence. So how's our parents doing dear?[/size]
they r doing gr8, abi u know na wink BTW, ask my BB (siena) undecided
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by jkpretty(f): 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2007
Sweet topic

They met in the choir, they were both choristers, cheesy cheesy cheesy

its a sweet gist, hail me for more
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by yimiton(f): 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2007
Both grew up in the same environment. wink
Dad still argues that Mom was head over heels in love with him from day one and Mom says Dad had to go the extra mile to woo her.
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by ikamefa(f): 6:00am On Dec 03, 2007
iice:

She traveled to his side, they ended up working together, hooked up and the rest is history

what a coinkidink ! cheesy my mum must be your mum " grin "
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by omoge25(f): 6:01am On Dec 03, 2007
abridged version:
my parents are from the same place, my moms family compound is within walking distance from my dad and her elder brothers where his friends.  They remained friends through primary school, secondary school, lost contact when my dad moved to the US to attend college in the late seventies, my mother was just finishing her degree at ABU  and  was in london on vacation.  A friend of a friend  had come to the US from london, met up with my dad at a party they started talking about females and my mom's name popped up in the conversation and if he (my dad) knew she was engaged to a boy from there place, according to my dad the friend starts saying how good mommy looked, that she had finished college and so on.  My dad then decides to write her a letter "just to say hi and long time", but my mother doesnt reply for like 3months one day out of the blue my dad recieves a card in the mail and its from my mom.  He tells her he will be in naija and like to see her and they have been together for the last 29 years.
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Vtupo: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2007
My parents were classmates. Then they didn't see each other for six years. Then the met. Then they got married.
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Ndipe(m): 4:18am On Dec 04, 2007
20 years from now, and when these questions are posed, dont be surprised if one of the respondents say, "They met online", or even better, on a website, called Nairaland cheesy
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Nobody: 4:43am On Dec 04, 2007
Ndipe:

20 years from now, and when these questions are posed, don't be surprised if one of the respondents say, "They met online", or even better, on a website, called Nairaland cheesy

LOL
That is my prayer for my sister omoge
That she locks down one of these intelligent chaps on nairaland like debosky or davidylan.LOL

kidding

I don't even remember how my parents met though mom has told me the story twice.
All I remember was that my mom was dating an army officer and they had talked marriage and my dad came out of the blue and swept her off her feet.
He was driving a volks wagen,maybe that was the added attraction.lol.
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Ndipe(m): 5:18am On Dec 04, 2007
A matchmaker in the making? Hmmmm, lets see, start compiling a list of the bridal attendants. Hope I am invited cheesy

Who is the lucky groom? Davidylan?
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Ndipe(m): 5:22am On Dec 04, 2007
Nna, the story on how my parents met is a bit sketchy. Stemmed from a tragic fire incident that engulfed some of my mother's belongings. And this was in the 60's or so, when female education in Nigeria was not given that much of a priority. So, my father chipped in financially, and love blossomed. They went on strong for 30 years before they passed away. And guess what? My grandma told me these stories, and my dad (unaware of my knowledge) repeated the same story to me. I really wished I had dug deeper into it, it is one of those things that I really miss not inquiring from them, likewise doing an extensive search on my genealogy.
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Scopium: 8:45am On Dec 04, 2007
Ndipe:

Nna, the story on how my parents met is a bit sketchy. Stemmed from a tragic fire incident that engulfed some of my mother's belongings. And this was in the 60's or so, when female education in Nigeria was not given that much of a priority. So, my father chipped in financially, and love blossomed. They went on strong for 30 years before they passed away. And guess what? My grandma told me these stories, and my dad (unaware of my knowledge) repeated the same story to me. I really wished I had dug deeper into it, it is one of those things that I really miss not inquiring from them, likewise doing an extensive search on my genealogy.
[size=13pt]This is so emotional, I'm deeply touched[/size]
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by omoge(f): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2007
Nwando, na me you dey talk about eh? smiley

i want someone who can bring home the bacon (many bacon infact the fattest bacon)  grin grin

loaded everywhere pocketwise and thighwise grin grin
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Dreloaded(f): 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2007
bacon causes heart attacks tongue
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by omoge(f): 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2007
ummm, when next i speak with my Nne i must find  that out again o smiley. she told me but i forgot  grin
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by omoge(f): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2007
not all bacon grin. . . the one i want don't cause heart attack. infact it's kiss and they can't live without them grin
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2007
omoge:

Nwando, na me you dey talk about eh? smiley

[b]i want someone who can bring home the bacon (many bacon infact the fattest bacon)  grin grin[/b]loaded everywhere pocketwise and thighwise grin grin

Amen!!
david is still a postgrad student,his bacon must still be very puny  wink
you can't afford to "manage"
no bacon,no love ROFL.

but look at potentials too.
A man without big bacon but with the available potential is good material too.
It's only a matter of time and you'll be overflowing in fatted strips
Hypothetically speaking , even if david dey take leg waka now or drives a kia sephia grin
the boy is smart
His bacon may not be seen right now,infact the hog is yet to be slaughtered but believe me,e dey   cheesy cheesy ROFL

I senior you well omoge
and believe me I know a potential baconier when I see one
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by ima1(f): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2007
My dad was my mom's professor back when he was teaching in the states, they started dating 3 months later they got married, moved to naija had 6 kids and still married for like 30 years.
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by omoge(f): 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2007
lol @ Nwando. eyaa you fit kill person with laugh o my sister. david na egg head true true  grin o. him fit be pastor and politician grin
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by iice(f): 3:33am On Dec 06, 2007
ikamefa:

what a coinkidink ! cheesy my mum must be your mum " grin "

Twinny grin grin
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by Attention(f): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2007
My fathers younger brother connected them. Told my mum, my brother would marry you, my dad saw her, liked her, she accepted and the marriage rites began. they got married anyway, that why am here!!!!!!
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by janami(f): 7:58am On Dec 14, 2007
My mom loves telling that story. met when his beat up VW abi na santana parked up at the teachers training college she was attending. she offered to get water and na so o.
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by metodman(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2007
[b][/b][i][/i][color=#006600][/color] NONSENSE!!!!! WHY NOT ASK THEM HOW THEY F*** TO GIVE BIRTH TO U ?? AVE U ASKED THEM BEFORE ? TELL ME HOW TO THE!
Re: How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? by otokx(m): 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2007
metodman take it easy,

(1) (Reply)

Cambodian Boy Sucks Cow For A Living / Children Wrote Vicious Obituary For Their Late Mother. / A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.