Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,461 members, 7,850,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

Career Vs Job, Whats The Difference? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Vs Job, Whats The Difference? (876 Views)

Life Dilemma. Career Vs Friendship. ADVICE NEEDED / Career Vs. Current Earning & Ndic Recruitment Test / The Future Of Information Technology Career Vs Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Vs Job, Whats The Difference? by realkemmy(m): 8:38am On Nov 26, 2007
hi guys. wats the difference between a job and a career.

lets discuss, opinions are needed
Re: Career Vs Job, Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 26, 2007
A job is something you do , probably because you have to earn money, a career is a chosen path you want to follow. I can have a job as a Banker because i need a job but what i really want to be is a Teacher, but i can not afford to be a Teacher because it may not offer me enough finacial benefits. A career is a chosen path, what you enjoy doing and you work to excel in that field. Money is not usually the driving force in chossing a career, in most cases you enjoy what you do so much, and you strive to excel in that feild.
Re: Career Vs Job, Whats The Difference? by almondjoy(f): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2007

Dictionary.com Unabridged

career

–noun
1. an occupation or profession, esp. one requiring special training, followed as one's lifework: He sought a career as a lawyer. 
2. a person's progress or general course of action through life or through a phase of life, as in some profession or undertaking: His career as a soldier ended with the armistice. 
3. success in a profession, occupation, etc.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/career

job (jäb)

noun
a specific piece of work, as in one's trade, or done by agreement for pay
anything one has to do; task; chore; duty
the thing or material being worked on

the action of doing a task, duty, or piece of work
a result or product of such action
* a position of employment; situation; work[/b]http://www.yourdictionary.com/job

A career can be a job and a job can be a career.  They are inter-related.

Some people have jobs that are not [b]careers
and others have careers that are not jobs.

The best case scenario--have a career that will be your job for life!!!!!  Your job should be related to your career as much as possible so the time and resources spent in education does not go wasted! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Maybe I Can Be Of Help / Nigerian Navy / Legitimate Business You Can Do In Nigeria And Make N50,000 Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.