Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal (8743 Views)

Jonathan Heads To Election On Bribery Hope, By SKC Ogbonnia / Al-mustapha Recants On Bribery Allegation Against Yoruba Leaders / In Wikileaks Stunner, Speaker Bankole Opens Up On Bribery Of Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2012
Nigerians I beg of you, we have to start mounting pressure on these House of representatives, they need to be accountable for their actions and be more responsible for their decisions. We need to pressurized them in passing into law an anti-corruption bill. Also, please know who is representing you by name and also know the procedures to call that person out of the house of representatives in the case of failure.

Their hypocrisy is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2012
What is BH waiting for to bomb those people in that place.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by freebloke: 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
eGuerrilla: Indeed!

Mr Speaker: "...resolution remains valid despite alleged corruption of one individual" grin
Then to drive a point home: "...executive is urged to match words with action"

Report remains sacrosanct (for now)!
Given the loss of 19 lives, this much is owed to Nigerians - all some of us ever asked for really.
gbam!
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by IYANGBALI: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
omosexy1: Where is the Save Nigeria Group when you need them? Are they sleeping?
you mean boko haram group?they would get the job done better and faster.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2012
It is now confirmed that these people are rogues and common thieves from the pit of hell.
I am hyper-ventilating right now, but if these people have decided to kill us Nigerians it will be better if we all die together.
Today, i must know the councillor representing my ward, the LG Chairman, my Assembly man, Senator; they must be recalled, every last one.

3 Likes

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2012
I am so sad, i stayed home to watch this charade by very corrupt nincompoops. GEJ, can you just provide electricity ? Is that too much to ask for ? If I just can have that, I will care nothing about politics anymore.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by elords: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
i find it hard to believe farouk is trully involve in this embarassed embarassed
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by femzy(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
BoboYekini: It is now confirmed that these people are rogues and common thieves from the pit of hell.
I am hyper-ventilating right now, but if these people have decided to kill us Nigerians it will be better if we all die together.
Today, i must know the councillor representing my ward, the LG Chairman, my Assembly man, Senator; they must be recalled, every last one.

How do you hope to reach them? I think this is what beaf keeps shouting about.

2 Likes

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Rogerss(m): 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
I love these Lawmakers, some of them still don't understand the concept 'NIGERIA'. Money rules, FL was just a pawn, Otedola a Castle in the Game of Subsidy.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by stepo707: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
I learnt farouk has been suspended.Channels news
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by apexutason: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
that is the only thing we know in Nigeria grin shocked[color=#990000][/color]
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Olalekan0(m): 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
Farcrook should be beaten until he looses his breath! He made a mess of my sense of judgement and spotted loopholes therein.before now,I used to believe I knew who and who not to trust!
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
I was happier when I wasnt listening to Nigerian News and not even caring about the polity, I was more focused on US politics and I decided I should pay attention here and may be I could decide to vie and change certain things in future. But, I have decided today, I am no more interested in what happens in Nigerian Polity, my sensibility is insulted by what I saw today on TV. To hell with Nigeria politics.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Super1759: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
Mchewwwwww
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Super1759: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2012
SuSpended? For how many years abii days? Is that all.maybe for the heat to cool off then he comes back and looting continues.....

1 Like

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
12:19 House adjourns.

12:13 The House, in its committee of the whole, have adopted a resolution to re-enlist Zenon Oil and Gas ltd and Synopsis Enterprise Ltd on the list of companies that corruptly recieved subsidy payments.

11:58 The House moves into the committee of the whole to begin consideration of the affected recommendations. The house is expected to rescind it April decision delisting two companies, Zenon oil and gas, and Synopsis Enterprises ltd from the list of 15 companies that corruptly received subsidy funds.

11:52 Speaker Tambuwal is branded "man of the future" by colleagues after his speech. The House now moves to reconsider recommendations in the subsidy probe report which is believed to have been tainted by the bribe Farouk Lawan allegedly collected.

11:49 Speaker Tambuwal says the House will "never" be intimidated by any "antics"

11:46 Speaker Tambuwal is given a loud applause after he said the House will stand by the subsidy probe report despite the bribery allegations against members of the committee.

11:40 The speaker of the House of Reps ordered the management of the National Assembly to investigate and possibly sanction Boniface Emenalo.

11:38 Emergency session begin but Farouk Lawan is absent at the emergency plenary but was suspended from the House and referred to the ethics and privileges committee.
Source

1 Like

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by dein77(m): 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2012
omosexy1: Where is the Save Nigeria Group when you need them? Are they sleeping?
IF SNG CALLS FOR ANY FORM OF PROTEST, WILL YOU JOIN? ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE YOUR COMFORT FOR A SEASON?
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by waja(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
As long as immediate step was not taken after the exposure, best result can't come out of it. Factions will be formed several hidden meetings will be holding b4 normal ones. Behold, majority tribe will dominate.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by abdurrazaq(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
I find hard to believe that some of us are still expecting just result from the session. These people from the executive arm to the legislative arm of our government are not just corrupt but also evil. Sorry to all the disappointed but, we can‘t give up yet, we need to fight these people with whatever form of ‘weapon‘ in our reach, petitions, protests, etc. We will get there.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by anonimi: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
stepo707: I learnt farouk has been suspended.Channels news

Suspened with the monthly mega millions he receives from our tax money or without pay

1 Like

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by adventisty: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
The house of Representatives has passed a vote of confidence on the speaker Aminu Tambuwal.

At an emergency session today, the House however suspended Farouk Lawan, from the chairmanship of the Fuel subsidy probe committee.

Hon. Lawan has been accused of accepting a bribe to doctor the report of the fuel subsidy probe. In his address at the plenary, speaker Tambuwal stressed that the House is not compromised and maintained that the probe report remains valid.

The house has moved to consider the report of the fuel subsidy probe

ALL EYES ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! We expect positive moves.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Jonwesley(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
omosexy1: The bloody bribe taker is even in the house smiling.
I thought Newspapers reported this morning that he was detained after interogation at Edet House. How come he is in the House again. Na wao.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Wisdytech(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
*nigerian leaders* wnt stop surprising its citizenry...
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Funkymallam(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sky Blue:

I stand very very firmly by what I have said. We let the house off too easily due to collective LAZINESS to hold our individual politicians to order. Do you know the person who represents you in that house? Do you know the senator who represents you? Do you know the name of your local government chairman? How many people can say they know this? THIS IS THE PROBLEM!

What would have happened if all we heard was the house took bribe without knowing it was Lawan? It would have been swept under the carpet. We need to start knowing WHO to apply pressure to. I am sure you heard growing up of the single broomstick and bundle of broomsticks. Together they are strong under a nameless and impersonal umbrella of "house of reps" and "senate". We need to stop being so lazy. Who is corrupt, who is chopping the money? Let us know who is doing what by name. Who else was in that committee?!!

They stole they stole. Who is the they, let us know whose house to burn? That is how you strike fear in that house!! There is too much comfort and protection in THEY. Let us know WHO. Cabal cabal cabal. Names please! No more of this nonsense.

This is what beaf have been preaching here but most ppl focus only on d Executive arm.

Somebody even started a thread on knwoing ur representatives but most ppl ignored the thread cus it was not GEJ bashing or ethno centric thread, the few that posted made it clear they dnt knw n dnt care to knw. I posted a link with all their names and where they represent but nobody really show concern.

It is a pity!

ExecuTHIEVES, LegisLOOTERS and JudiSHARERS! angry

2 Likes

Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by benzion72(m): 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2012
The National assembly is a sample of the whole called Nigeria. Good people will always produce good leaders. Corrupt, inefficient, thief, lazy will produce one of their kind. Until we all change our ways and thinking we cannot make much progress as a people.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by saydfact(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
I'M SURPRISED THIS HAS HAS NOT GOTTEN TO PAGE 10.... pple dey sleep?
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
say-d-fact:
I'M SURPRISED THIS HAS HAS NOT GOTTEN TO PAGE 10.... pple dey sleep?
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
No, people have given up, most of the people here were busy critising GEJ, now the very truth open in their eyes, they dont know what to type. truth has prevailed in the end.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by omosexy1: 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
dein77: IF SNG CALLS FOR ANY FORM OF PROTEST, WILL YOU JOIN? ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE YOUR COMFORT FOR A SEASON?

Nigeria is my country, it is my home and right now my home is burning. Of course I will come out and let my voice be heard. We cannot sit down, watch and shake our heads in disgust. If something should be done, it should be done. I now know my Senator and House of Rep. I am going to give them a call and let them know how disgusted Nigerians are with corruption and something must be done. If they however fail to act, they will be reading from me on the dailies and petitions sent to their office. Now if everyone of us act like I intend to do. These guys will sit up and it will not be business as usual again.

Nigerians do something, don't let the fire burn you and your kids before you shout.
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by brownlord: 2:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
watching this reminds me of the S.U.G paliamentary house back in the school days, they are not betterof, so am not surprised
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2012
Billyonaire: No, people have given up, most of the people here were busy critising GEJ, now the very truth open in their eyes, they dont know what to type. truth has prevailed in the end.

What truth exactly @Mr Billyonaire?
Wait a minute, you mean it is not conceivable that Zenon Pet (Otedola) is also guilty as sin, as some of us have insisted all along?

You know, I am beginning to wonder if you are even remotely interested in the recovery of stolen subsidy funds.

The mind boggles, I no go lie...
Re: LIVE: Special House Of Reps Session On Bribery Scandal by check45: 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
This House is being smart by half... how? Cleverly refering the matter to the Ethics and Privileges Committee. A commitee know NEVER to have sanction any corrupt lawmaker. Tambuwal speech was all decietfull grammar but no honest action. Till now the so called ethics committee has not met over Hembes issue, while Hembe still enjoys privileges of his office.Farouks case will also naturally die down in the House. IT IS SIMPLY A HOUSE OF THIEVES.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Will Win Ondo State Gubernatorial Election? / Breaking News: I'd Rather Resign Than Postpone Elections - Prof. Jega / Adamawa Supplementary Election Holds March 28 - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.