Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. (1051 Views)

Chibok: ‘it’s Very Easy To Criticize Jonathan Without All The Details’ – Fashola / A Nairalander's Visit To The Transformation Farm At Koto-Abuja Road (Pictures) / The Transformation Of Nigeria, Part III- Lekki Megacity Master Plan (Lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Dpeacemaker101: 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
[b]Some Nigerians under estimate the ability of our President,while some others will go to any length to see the failure of this administration by deceiving the good people of this country with their publication. Some of these individuals have been given opportunities to save this great nation in various high offices and they failed woefully,to console themselves of their failures they sit in the comfort of their homes and offices to write up publications that will distract  our people from the truth. Am not saying that anyone is perfect,because it has been made clear that only God is perfect. If a man has refused to follow the way of the world, and do things that would benefit his fellow country men in all ramifications,shouldn't we applaud and support him rather than find all necessary means to pull him down(discredit him)? GEJ is not a magician or a miracle worker that will fix all things with a snap of his fingers,Nigeria is a complex Nation With very complex issues and a very diversified nationality. There is only one Nigeria with our own problems and definitely we would have to come up with our own solutions. 
Nigerians have to learn to be patient and steadfast in prayers to make our great nation work, the man has vowed to work and we can see him doing that in all areas of the economy from the power sector,agricultural sector,Education, security, employment and all others. Recently, our able President has introduced a new visa policy that will enable entry and exit of individuals  and investors into the country for investment purposes.He introduced investment or skill transfer visa category,whereby if you have a particular level of investment you want to do in Nigeria,  that  can add value to the economy of the country,you can be issued a certain category of visa, which is intended to secure employment for the unemployed citizens of our country.
The rehabilitation of the Ugheli power plants in Delta State,which is expected to provide 100mega watts of electricity to the area,and over 10 new power plants under construction and some been commissioned all over the country.
Brother Jonah,has also approved procurement of an electronic platform for the National Health Insurance Scheme(NHIS) to ease the stress of communication with service providers and customers.this wil improve the speed of health business,improve documentation of reports,    enable third parties who may want to source information  to get them easily and faster.
He has also reviewed the commissioning of the Obajana cement plant during the week,which will fall in line with the transformation agenda and economic diversification programme planned to set Nigeria,self sufficient in cement production therefore making us exporters of cement to every part of the world. These are but a few of the transformation programmes by Mr. President. You can get full details of these projects here: www.bpp.gov.
[/b]
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Uche2008: 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
Obajana cement plant is not a govt company . how does that affect goodluck. so if goodluck goes to the openning of new church.. na goodluck do it. olodo..
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by ubandire(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
Uche2008: Obajana cement plant is not a govt company . how does that affect goodluck. so if goodluck goes to the openning of new church.. na goodluck do it. olodo..

Can't help but laugh myself to tears,it's either some people are daft ,or rather their ignorance and hatred for the person of the president has turned them into vegetables who are hard of understanding,or they have simply decided to turn blind eyes and deaf ears and have adopted a hard line posture that the country can never grow.
It's either you didn't read the topic clearly or you didn't read at all,the author never said obajana was constructed by the federal govt but only said the president commisioned the largest cement manufacturing plant in Africa.let me also enlighten you a little q
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by ubandire(m): 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
Uche2008: Obajana cement plant is not a govt company . how does that affect goodluck. so if goodluck goes to the openning of new church.. na goodluck do it. olodo..

Can't help but laugh myself to tears,it's either some people are daft ,or rather their ignorance and hatred for the person of the president has turned them into vegetables who are hard of understanding,or they have simply decided to turn blind eyes and deaf ears and have adopted a hard line posture that the country can never grow.
It's either you didn't read the topic clearly or you didn't read at all,the author never said obajana was constructed by the federal govt but only said the president commisioned the largest cement manufacturing plant in Africa.Let me also enlighten you a little,the govt creates an enabling environment for the private sector to thrive,there are certain areas where the govt invests heavilly towards bolstering the private sector,that the largest cement making factory in Africa was built and commisioned during the regime of GEJ goes a long way to show the commitment of this administration towards driving a healthy private sector,which if you don't know is the driving force behind all successful economies in the world at the moment.So the author was not in any way out of point,even if he credited the president with construction of the plant which he didn't even do.
In as much as we have our rights to speech and movt ,which by effect means we have the exclusive right to open and shut our mouths anytime we want,it will be better if it's used in right way ,especially when you want to criticize, do so Constructively with facts and figures,and proffer solutions to the best of your ability that way you will be contributing to the enormous task of nation building,that way you won't be exercising your right in futility.Indulging in irresponsible criticism by spreading false and malicious news won't help us.Thanks
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Dollarman101: 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
I don't think the post is intuitively compelling or laced with high sounding words. Therefore, I'm surprised you cant discern it. Maybe, I will have to break it down in pidgin English for you . D guy talk say presidio go commission Obajana cement and wetin e mean be say his govt dey create the enabling environment for private sector business to thrive . We must learn to critcise constructively. We appreciate that this govt is imperfect (as all human activity) but to say that nothing is happening at all is akin to turning truth on its head. Nothing else could be more unfair than the expectations that GEJ will turn around every sector in just one year in office. Governance is not an oral activity. Its only a magician that will perform abracadabra and declare good roads, water supply, stable electricity into existence overnight. Presently, Gej's govt has initiated reforms in the power sector. They have completed work on some power stations including mamilla and zungeru. They hit 4000 megawatt by December last year but due to the scarcity of gas and over stretched transmission lines, the power is still unstable hence the recent ongoing construction of transmission lines covering 4000 km. but that is not where it ends. Govt wants to privatize PHCN and allow for private sector participation In distribution of electricity. To this end, govt has signed bulk trader purchase agreements with several companies including General electric and Siemens. The main privatization of PHCN will be in July when the bid process will be rolled out after the Fg have settled all labour disputes relating to PHCN . The recent increment in tariffs is not a deliberate attempt to punish the masses as it is being erroneously portrayed in some quarters ,but a move geared towards making the tariffs cost reflective and attractive for private sector investments in our distribution sector. This govt has undertaken the renovation of the 4 major airports, established 9 new universities, constructing new light rail lines across the country, reformed the ports for 24 hours operations, reformed fertilizer distribution and spearheading the cassava bread revolution. A number of road projects have either been completed or it is ongoing. They include the Minna - Suleja, Kano bypass, 9th mile, kolo-nembe-Brass, Kano-Maidugri, Kaduna eastern bypass, zaria-funtua-Gusau covering over 101km, Apapa-Oshodi, keffi-akwanga- lafia, Lafia-obi-Awe, Hadejia-Nguru, Auchincloss-Okene etc.
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Ojigho: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
After reading your "wonderful" write up in quotes,i would like to ask you a simple question,and that is how many of those white elephant projects have actually seen the light of day? The problem I have with a lot of you pro jonathan fanatics is your inability to agree that the man is a clueless misfit. How does Governor Raji Fashola of Lagos State do the magic? Is it rocket science or spiritual? Like I'd always say,we as Nigerians reap this kind of leadership because we are clouded by sentiments. As an individual,I don't care where a man comes from, the most important thing is keeping to the promises of his manifesto,and if i'm to ask you(the writer if this piece),how many of those promises has Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan kept,what will your answer be? Corruption,the bombings here and there,misuse and abuse of power to name a few have increased to abominable proportions and all you can tell Nigerians is that people are misinforming us about "mr president's good intentions". I don't intend to be a prophet of doom,but the way things are going at the moment,suffice me to say that Uncle Jona may turn out to be the worst president in our nation's history,because there's never been a time in the history of this country that we as nigerians have been this forlorn and helpless. I just hope you won't latch up to using the tribal trump card! Because it might shock you to know that I'm also from the SS too,and a Deltan.
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by karlmax2: 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ojigho: After reading your "wonderful" write up in quotes,i would like to ask you a simple question,and that is how many of those white elephant projects have actually seen the light of day? The problem I have with a lot of you pro jonathan fanatics is your inability to agree that the man is a clueless misfit. How does Governor Raji Fashola of Lagos State do the magic? Is it rocket science or spiritual? Like I'd always say,we as Nigerians reap this kind of leadership because we are clouded by sentiments. As an individual,I don't care where a man comes from, the most important thing is keeping to the promises of his manifesto,and if i'm to ask you(the writer if this piece),how many of those promises has Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan kept,what will your answer be? Corruption,the bombings here and there,misuse and abuse of power to name a few have increased to abominable proportions and all you can tell Nigerians is that people are misinforming us about "mr president's good intentions". I don't intend to be a prophet of doom,but the way things are going at the moment,suffice me to say that Uncle Jona may turn out to be the worst president in our nation's history,because there's never been a time in the history of this country that we as nigerians have been this forlorn and helpless. I just hope you won't latch up to using the tribal trump card! Because it might shock you to know that I'm also from the SS too,and a Deltan.
fashola 5years (lagos formal capital of nigerian) GEJ 1yr !5-1=4 simple math now tell me if ur not biased ! What I would have expected you to do is prove the development he mentioned GEJ achieved. Under 1 year wrong!!! Instead of blabbing
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Ojigho: 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
@karl maxx. So I'm just being sentimental,and according to you "blabbing". List the achievements Dr Gooluck Azikiwe Jonathan achieved throughout his eight years as governor in Bayelsa State? If according to you,Fashola has been in power for five years. It's people like you that made us get to this place in the first place with your fresh air propaganda. A man is judged by his antecedents,and I'm sorry to say it,but with the snail pace at which development is taking place in this country and the rate at which the monster corruption is growing,even a child born yesterday knows that unless God intervenes we are heading towards a failed state. As many as those of you on this blog who are either paid government agents or are so delusional to think or purposely due to the fact that they receive stipends from this thieving government try their utmost best to hoodwink Nigerians into thinking anything good will come from this government to have a change of heart because when the wrath of God and Nigerians who have been pushed and taking for granted strikes,there will be no hiding place. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by karlmax2: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ojigho: @karl maxx. So I'm just being sentimental,and according to you "blabbing". List the achievements Dr Gooluck Azikiwe Jonathan achieved throughout his eight years as governor in Bayelsa State? If according to you,Fashola has been in power for five years. It's people like you that made us get to this place in the first place with your fresh air propaganda. A man is judged by his antecedents,and I'm sorry to say it,but with the snail pace at which development is taking place in this country and the rate at which the monster corruption is growing,even a child born yesterday knows that unless God intervenes we are heading towards a failed state. As many as those of you on this blog who are either paid government agents or are so delusional to think or purposely due to the fact that they receive stipends from this thieving government try their utmost best to hoodwink Nigerians into thinking anything good will come from this government to have a change of heart because when the wrath of God and Nigerians who have been pushed and taking for granted strikes,there will be no hiding place. A word is enough for the wise.
like I said earlier counter the achievement he mentioned on the op and stop blabbin.moreoverthe op was not talking about when GEJ was bayelsa state governor! Ʊ can start a thread about that topic!Ʊ saying GEJ is corrupt let me borrow buhari supports word is a FALACY cos he has not been covicted of any corruption charges in any court in nigeria!! Unless Ʊ have proof that his corrupt!!Ʊ can share it with nairalanders with concrete facts and evidence like the one otedola has of facrook lawan and if Ʊ don't then Ʊr premise and all others that always scream GEJ is corrupt are all PURE FALLACY.
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Mandelaguy(m): 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
When you go about labelling this administration corrupt, it will be totally unfair to the actively working leaders in this government who are not corrupt,and are we're appointed by the same Jonathan most of you are castigating. There must be differences in character, Julius Caeser,Napoleon, so many past leaders and even our own dear Jesus Christ can all attest to a Judas here and there.
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Ojigho: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2012
@karlmaxx. Even when facts are as clear as daylight in this country,is it possible to discern the true position of things with the kind of judiciary we have in place in Nigeria? It is to me (judiciary) another extension of the highly corrupt and thieving PDP. If I'm also to take cue with the "developmental strides" you talked about,then setting up unnecessary committees without any meaningful result,would de akin to development right? When serious issues like reinstating a few credible persons left in the judiciary like Justice Salami were thrown to the doorsteps of Dr Goodluck Ebele Aziliwe Jonathan,what was his reaction? If I'm to ask you with all sincerity and honesty to equate the rate of corruption now,to that of President Umaru Musa Yara'adua of blessed memory,what will your answer be? Compare the standad of living of Nigerians then to now with accurate statistics,what your answer will be. Nigerians are not asking for too much,we just need the basics;food,shelter,clothing,good and purposeful leadership and peace of mind,and not committees. @Mandelaguy. I understand that there may be few sincere and hardworkind people in his cabinet,and to they have my utmost respect,what i'm trying to say is that the amount of square pegs in round holes is greater than it should be,and that's why Nigerians are vexed. Isn't it possible for portfolios to be given to people without political and sentimental undertones? Can't the best in different spheres of life be put into positions of authority in Nigeria? Taking sports as an example,can't someone like Austin Okocha be made Nff chairman,or Mary Onyali,or even Faliliat Ogunkoya at Afn? How can we as a nation make any progress with the present structures on ground? These are the things I'm talking about.
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Murphy7h4: 10:01am On Jun 17, 2012
BUMPS grin
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by FrankC3: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
@Ojigho All you have to do is to prove the listed achievements of GEJ after 1 year in office wron and stop firing blank and sounding incoherent. Just present your facts that contradict your the position presented by @OP. I have always held that attack of GEJ presidency is driven more by malice and fear that the guy may just succeed. Hate GEJ all you want but you can't take away the fact that he is doing what we have failed to do over the years. I pray he succeeds. GEJ will eventually prove to be the stone that was rejected by the builders (owners of Nigeria) that eventually become the connerstone. This is what the establishment is so scared of and they have formed an unholy alliance with ACN and CPC, with the later positioning itself to make political gains from GEJ govt failure but they will all be dissapointed!!
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Dollarman101: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2012
I've been following this topic for sometime now and it's been very interesting listening to the different views and contributions,in as much as am not trying to defend the govt,I would want to advice we source accurate info before criticizing govt,so that we don't mislead people,it's very easy to sit in our comfort zones and criticize govt,well maybe because of the disenchantment with our leaders,but in making hasty generalization we could make a mistake of throwing the baby away with the bath water,everyody are not same.
Honestly I think the President has performed creditably in his less than one year in the life of this administration,President Jonathan made that solemn transformational pledge of ‘promising less, but delivering more’, his administration has recorded landmark achievements in all aspects of national life.I will like to bring some the achievements to our notice.

Stable power sector
Against all odds, Nigeria is on the verge of permanently resolving its power sector crisis. The government made significant leap towards solving the decades-long power sector crisis recently when it increased the electricity generation above 4,000 megawatts, the highest ever. Ministry of Power Prof Barth Nnaji disclosed that it had reduced the incidence of system collapses in the power sector. “Nigeria used to experience an average of four system collapse every month, that is, almost 50 system failures annually. Much as we have reduced the failures in the last one year, our goal is to reduce them to zero,” Prof. Nnaji declared.

According to him, the achievements recorded in the sector in recent time have raised fresh hopes of meeting the 15,000mw target by 2014 and 40,000mw for stable electricity in 2020. Prof. Nnaji recently announced that despite the challenges facing the sector, the government has made stable electricity a top priority by the end of 2012. “We acknowledge that in many homes there is no power. But we are working hard to improve that. Our goal is to make Nigerians have power continuously for 24 hours. We have now set up a framework for all stakeholders to be involved in delivering power. Therefore, we hope to deliver additional 1,500MW of power to the grid by year end”, he promised.

As part of plans to achieve stable power supply, the government launched the power sector reform road-map and invested huge resource in the project. Also, as part of measures to achieve sustainable industrial growth, the government had put in place certain measures to attract foreign investors into the power sector. Notable development in this regard was the establishment of the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading (NBET) Plc, to enhance smooth operations between the various independent power producers and distribution companies. 

In its bid to make the sector attractive to private investment, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) also introduced new electricity tariff to take effect from June, 2012. ”There are opportunities in that; this is a business which is not serving us efficiently enough, generating revenue of N300-N400 billion. We estimate that within the next 5 years, it will go well over N1.5 trillion,” explained, NERC Chairman, Dr. Sam Amadi. The commission has also made provision for free meters in a bid to help solve the problems of estimated billings.

The initiatives are already bearing fruits, as the government has struck a number of power development deals. In March, Nigeria received the highest expression of investment support by a foreign investor in the power sector when the federal government and the General Electric (GE) Energy of the United States signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for $10 billion power projects. Under the MoU, which was signed at the Nigerian High Commission in London, the $10 billion would be invested in various power plants with combined capacity of 10,000mw, with GE taking 15 per cent equity in each of the power plants.

The government, on May 15, signed another agreements with two French companies, valued at about $200 million or N3.14 billion, for the expansion of the country’s transmission network. The deal which also enjoyed the blessing of the French government will see the companies undertake the feasibility studies for the transmission upgrade, and thereafter, select and construct a high voltage transmission line and substations. Transmission hiccups remain the biggest challenge in Nigeria’s power delivery system, as the existing 330 and 132 kv network continue to suffer from prolonged and frequent outages, thus underscoring the need for fortification. Sequel to the new deal, the French power firms — Electricite de France (EDF) and the Enterprise de Transporte et Distribution D’electricity (ETDE) — will source the funds from their home government in form of grants to execute the projects.

According to the Ministry of Power, the French companies are to partner with a Nigerian company, Transnational Energy and Power Systems (TEPS) Ltd, for the execution of the project, in line with government’s local content policy.  “This is a sign of investors growing confidence on the power sector reform. We believe that the Jonathan administration is on the threshold of providing Nigerians with the true dividends of democracy and democratic leadership,” commended the CEO of TEPS, Prince Albert Awofisayo.

The federal government also sealed a N240 billion ($1.6 billion) energy and housing deal with a consortium of Swiss and European investors last September. The group, comprising Seagas Services Limited and Oceanmar Services Limited, was led by the First Deputy Prime Minister and Head of International Affairs and Investments, Republic of Kosovo, Behgjet Pacolli.

The government’s effort to improve power generation in the country, especially through renewable energy, also got a boost last May when it received a grant of $7.84 million (N2billion) from the government of Japan. The donation under “The Project for Introduction of Clean Energy by Solar Electricity Generation System” was granted to Nigeria for the provision of solar electricity generation systems and to tackle climate

Barth nnaji who's the minister of the power recently declared that the improvement in power supply in parts of the country is not a fluke, vows to sustain the tempo. “We will certainly sustain what we have achieved and we are taking deliberate steps to attain this. We have a programme to recover as soon as possible lost capacities at existing power plants. Coupled with the scheduled inauguration of some plants being built under the National Integrated Power Project, we are optimistic of achieving the target of 6,000mw.Personally I've noticed a significant improvement in power supply of late.
The agenda also involves making agriculture, together with manufacturing, the crux of the Nigerian economy,the National Economic Management Team has also unveiled an Agriculture Transformation Agenda (ATA) which has the capacity to generate over 3.5 million jobs.To ensure food security and create wealth, 11 commodity value chains: rice, sorghum, cocoa, maize, soybean, oil palm, cotton, cassava, livestock, fisheries and horticulture, have been formulated as part of plans to achieve huge increase in production.

The government is also assisting companies to raise funds from banks to finance input purchase with about N30 billion earmarked for the programme in this year. In addition, government has agreed to pay 10 per cent achievement fees for companies meeting 100 per cent of supply of seeds and fertilizers to farmers.

As part of fixing the challenges in the sector, the Nigeria Incentive Based Risk Sharing System for Agriculture Lending (NIRSAL) is expected to leverage N450 billion from banks into agricultural value chains. Marketing Corporations are being established for selected agricultural value chains to coordinate the production, investments, grades and standards, market price stabilization, among others for selected value chains in Nigeria. These efforts are geared towards realizing the government’s target.

To ensure that the target is met, the Agric Ministry has developed four key principles in executing the programmes.  The first principle called ‘subsidiarity’ touches every part of the country’s agricultural value chain would   simultaneously. The second approach, involves working within a framework of strategic partnerships with the private sector, civil society and particularly farmers.  The third principle is to treat agricultural endeavour as an investment which must generate return like any other viable business, while the fourth focuses on using bottom-top approach to engender accountability and delivery

Transport sector revival
Lately, Nigeria’s transport sector has shown signs that the reforms initiated by the federal government over the years have started yielding fruits. This follows marching orders by the federal government for the completion of all ongoing projects as a matter of urgent national priority. The projects include the dual-carriage Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja road; construction of Oju-Loko-Oweto bridge linking Nassarawa and Benue states; dual-carriage Kano-Maiduguri road; construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge in Delta/Anambra states; rehabilitation of the Shagamu-Ore-Benin dual carriageway; and the rehabilitation of the Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriageway.

Government has also unveiled plan to finance six critical road projects in the six geo-political zones in addition to the introduction of a new mass transit bus scheme with the proceeds accruable from the partial deregulation of the oil sector through the SURE programme,the FG recently announced that it has entered into agreement with foreign and local investors to rehabilitate and construct major roads across the country,through PPP model.
Also learnt three important projects, the Apakun (Oshodi)-Murtala Muhammed Airport Road, Lagos, the Second Niger Bridge in Delta and Anambra states and the Nupeko Bridge in Niger State, have also been billed to executed through the PPP funding model.
The railways have not been left out in this aggressive transformation of the transport sector, with the commencement of Mass Train Transit Service (MTTS) on several routes, among which is the Lagos-Ilorin train service which began operations recently. The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has taken practical steps in its efforts to resume goods haulage across Nigeria following the launch of Ewekoro-Ilorin weekly cement haulage,it will also be effective in enhancing the economic growth of the country.
The corporation is expected to take delivery of 20 pressurised tank wagons it ordered last year for the haulage of petroleum products across the country,it also comes with special wagons for the haulage of agric produce across the country.. Efforts are also stepped up to ensure that contractors handling the rehabilitation of the three Eastern lines comprising rail lines from Port Harcourt to Makurdi,Makurdi to Kuru and Kuru to Maidugri which were awarded at a cost of 67.bn,the FG has also acquired 25 new general electric locomotive engines and workshop equipment; installed three generators and refurbished 500 wagons and coaching facilities.
The federal government has also made tremendous progress in repositioning the country’s aviation sector with the completion of the first phase of airport rehabilitation project. The N38 billion-worth project which involves remodeling of 11 national airports which includes MMIA,Sam Mbakwe,Yola and Benin airports have reached completion stage, with the second phase starting up this month.
I'll bring up other sectors subsequently so we can criticize constructively and truthfully.
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Mandelaguy(m): 9:50pm On Jun 17, 2012
@dollarman101 this is what I call research and constructive criticism, I will personally bring up my own findings. I urge sharp NIgerians to take time and find out the truth about facts and rumours before criticising any or everything they read. Let us stop airing or ignorance and thereby mock the gradual progress we are making.
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by Ojigho: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
I and a large majority of Nigerians will actually want to see these things working with our two eyes before we believe them. I wasn't born yesterday,it was with the same gusto and fanfare that President Olusegun Obasanjo talked about his reforms in the power sector,where are those reforms now? It is not uncommon to find out in Nigeria for successive governments to bamboozle unsuspecting citizens with unnecessary noise and stories about projects they've already started or hope to complete within a specified period,only for their tenures to expire without the completion of these same projects. The next thing you hear is "vote us back in for us to complete the projects that we've started".
Re: How Not To Criticize The Transformation Agenda. by karlmax2: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
Ojigho: I and a large majority of Nigerians will actually want to see these things working with our two eyes before we believe them. I wasn't born yesterday,it was with the same gusto and fanfare that President Olusegun Obasanjo talked about his reforms in the power sector,where are those reforms now? It is not uncommon to find out in Nigeria for successive governments to bamboozle unsuspecting citizens with unnecessary noise and stories about projects they've already started or hope to complete within a specified period,only for their tenures to expire without the completion of these same projects. The next thing you hear is "vote us back in for us to complete the projects that we've started".

counter the achievements and stop blabbing a man that has been in office just one year Ʊ want him to perform miracle of solving nigerias 52 years neglect and misrule by past northern presidents am sure if buhari and his band of confirmed robbers ibb and abacha who together institutionalized corruption in nigeria took the steps GEJ is taking now we won't be in the mess were in!
Pls can Ʊ tell us how many kilowatt of electricity did the government of buhari down to abdulsalami add to the national grid? Let me tell Ʊ! Ʊ can only fool idiots and not people that follow the progress of this administration like I told Ʊ from the begining prove the various achievement that the op and other contributors have posted wrong RUMOUR are started by HATERS spread by FOOLS and. Believed by IDIOTS and is not everybody that is an idiot some of us deal with facts and not fallacy.even as the born to rule northerner are bombing their zone were still making progress! r

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bomb Goes Off In Abuja Shopping Centre / Fuel Tanker Fell Down At Obehira-okene Now / Finally Northern Govs Intervene In Bombing Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.