Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine (11284 Views)

Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful / Anathemas By Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) : Read Carefully Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by cyrexx: 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

religions yes , but this in no way negates the truth that Jesus is the way , the truth and the life, he never came to start a religion.

He came to show us the one true GOD and the way to life.

Okay o, oga frosbel. I hear you:

CHRIST has nothing to do with CHRISTianity... and

Christianity is not a religion,like Islam and Hinduism, Its a way of life. Its God revealing himself to man.

You might as well say

HUMANS has nothing to do with HUMANity and

Nigeria is not a nation, like Cameroun and France, its a special land composed of special people, the land is too special to be labelled as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by hackwi(m): 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

Baffles me how you could say that you were once a devout Christian.

God is just in all his doings , we can be sure that he is light and in him there is absolutely not one iota of darkness.

On the day of judgement, he will be just , I have no doubt about this , who are we to question him ?

Or do you want to tell me that all the heartbreak, heartache, pain, suffering, abortions, murders, terrorist wickedness, greed , corruption , sexual deviance, child sacrifice, etc etc should just be allowed to go unpunished. God forbid that it be so, these are the people who are destroying the earth and making it into an almost unliveable place.

"The nations were filled with wrath, but now the time of your wrath has come. It is time to judge the dead and reward your servants the prophets, as well as your holy people, and all who fear your name, from the least to the greatest. It is time to destroy all who have caused destruction on the earth." - Revelations 11:18

Absolutely no way , I know that God is JUST forever and the punishment of sinners is well deserved, he or she that died without the law and in wickedness will perish without the law and he or she that died with the law and in wickedness will perish in that condition.

Again there are degrees of punishment, we are mere mortals and do not quite understand spiritual issues without the revelation of God which is through his Spirit.

Sin MUST be done away with, SIN Must be destroyed with sinners and a new world order ( not the kind Alex Jones talks about ) will come in the form of a new heaven and new earth wherein dwells righteousness.

We can argue all day and blame God all day , for me, I will rather conform my life to the will of God while also trying to snatch others out of the fire , the everlasting fire of destruction.

"snatch others from the fire and save them ; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh." - Jude 1:23

thanks.
I really see a class of students who deny a reason, logical or illogical, for why God made hell fire. If we trully love Jesus we would hate sin. If we hate sin we would hate its root. Eventually we would plead with sinners that hell is real.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by truthislight: 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
cyrexx:

Not laziness, dear. You have no faintest idea of the extent and the depth of research I undertook before I came to the conclusion that all these religions and their claims were purely man-made and man-perpetrated.

. cool

With which heart did you do that ^ ?

Is it the same heart that advocated free sex and sex abandon on this forum for the unmarried that has the capacity to "research yahweh" ? No, it is impossible, tell that to novices.

Conscience they say is "an open wound".

Charity they say begins at home.
Re: Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine by oaroloye(m): 6:54am On Jan 22, 2017
SHALOM!

A book entitled A Divine Revelation of Hell by Mary K. Baxter is said to chronicle Baxter’s forty-night journey through heaven and hell. While being interviewed by Sid Roth on “It’s Supernatural,” a program broadcast by Daystar, Baxter stated that Jesus personally took her through hell for thirty nights and through heaven for ten nights. She also stated that Jesus told her to write about this so people can “know that hell is real and how people can avoid going there.” In other words, Baxter claims that Jesus wanted this book written so people can hear the gospel. Baxter discussed other things that she claimed Jesus showed her. The program encourages people to purchase the book for a “donation” of $18. (Full transcript)

I have never read this book, nor heard of Mary Baxter.

I don't believe in such Visions, because they never contain any useful information we need to know.

YAHSHUA preached for 42 months, therefore, The Gospels probably represent about 1% of what he taught.

If Yahshua ever manifested to anyone, his priority would be to restore his Lost Message.

That had never happened before.

There are grave problems with this book. First, if this is truly a “divine” revelation from God, then it should be included in Scripture.

So what is wrong with that?

As a Full Gospel Pentecostal Christian, I make it my business to examine every alleged Vision of The Lord that I can, in the hopes of learning some nugget of Key Truth that was not in The Bible. This has never happened yet.

Second, to say that Jesus wanted Baxter to write a book about how to overcome evil and be saved, then that presumes that the Bible does not already contain this message.

That does not follow.

The point is that THE BIBLE DOES NOT CONTAIN ENOUGH INFORMATION FOR EVERYBODY.

That is the basis for the proliferation of "Mushroom Churches," with their herds of Christian Cattle Slaves, forming Big-for-Nothing Organizations, that are ultimately useless.

Such useless Christians as yourself are satisfied that they got "in," and will be "Saved," you think, and don't care about those who are confused with The Bible as is. You do not spend even a minute in a whole year, imploring God to give you a Revelation that would Save the simpler-minded Lost Sheep, because you don't care about them.

Problem One: Revelation is Closed
There are two views regarding revelation: closed vs. open. Before explaining these things, I must first define revelation. Revelation is information that God makes known about himself and his plan that has never before been made known. This differs from illumination, which is to make revelation understood. When most people say they are receiving or presenting a revelation, they actually are referring to illumination; they are using the incorrect term.

This is where you now start lying for your Oyinbo Masters.

This is an old Oyinbo Lie- on the basis of which they murdered many millions of themselves,on the argument that tgetpy, and they alone, had the "Complete" Revelation of God, and that anyone who knew more than they allowed deserved to die st their hands.

The American Indians had sophisticated Knowledge of The AfterLife- most important is that anyone who dies without TOTAL RECALL of their entire life DOES NOT GO TO HEAVEN NOR TO HELL, but is DESTROYED on-the-spot. Yahshua Taught exactly the same thing- but The Roman Catholic Church had covered that information up.

Rather than confess that their Teachings on The AfterLife were false, the Roman Catholic Church exterminated everyone who had this Knowledge which was based on DIRECT OBSERVATION of the Human Soul at the point of Death.

Many Christians believe that revelation is closed; some believe it is open.

A REAL Christian talks about what YAHSHUA SAID- not the OPINIONS of men.

Closed revelation means that God has revealed all he chose to reveal about himself. Scripture and nature contain that revelation; Jesus is the living revelation, but it is through Scripture that we know about Jesus. Open revelation means that there are still things that are not known that God still intends to make known. Those who hold to a closed revelation believe that the Bible is complete and no new books will be added. Open revelation Christians believe that there are books that may be included with Scripture at a later date.

"THE BIBLE" is fraudulent OYINBO RELIGION, compiled for the purpose of controlling Christians.

For CENTURIES The Roman Catholic Church murdered the First Protestant Christians, who had better Bibles than them.

There should have been more then FOUR HUNDRED GOSPELS, instead of FOUR: PAUL is responsible for that.

He rounded up all those who tried to preach THE ACTUAL TEACHINGS OF YAHSHUA- hundreds into thousands of Disciples, and hauled them to Jerusalem to be killed. His babblings, which blatantly contradict the Teachings of Yahshua in the Synoptic Gospels and John, should never have been added to The Bible. Their purpose is to block understanding of The Gospel.

THE BIBLE IS NOT RELIABLE!

Look at Its FRUITS!

But the False Oyinbo Christian Churches built on INTERNATIONAL AND INTERCONTINENTAL THEFT, MURDER, AND DESTRUCTION are very satisfied with The Bible as-is, and have no interest in knowing any more about Yahshua, nor about God.

If Baxter is correct, then Scripture, as we have it in the Bible, is incomplete.

There are many Churches that do not believe in HOLY GHOST BAPTISM being for today.

There are even more which do not believe in the BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE.

They may SAY that they do, but in many cases, they are LYING- and they HATE those Christians who believe in those things.

Before telling us what we should believe, you should tell us what it is you believe.

Many Novice Christians just swallow nonsense such as yours, without bothering to investigate, maybe a Roman Catholic, a Mormon, a Jehovah's Witless (sic) or some other arch-heretic is coming to deliberately mess up their Faith under False pretences.

Also, because her book is claimed to be “divine” revelation, she is equating it with Scripture, which is an open revelation view. However, Scripture addressed this question already. The final book written, the book of Revelation, given to the apostle John, contains this answer. At the end of the book, Jesus tells John:

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.-Revelation 22:18-19, NASB

This Scripture is often deceitfully taken out-of-context by wicked liars, who pretend that what Yahshua said to JOHN applies to THE WHOLE BIBLE, when it only applied to THE BOOK OF REVELATION.

Never mind that Yahshua didn't curse people.

This statement was given by Christ at the end of the final revelation given to man.

How could THE BOOK OF REVELATION be a "FINAL REVELATION TO MAN" when JOHN BLATANTLY CONFESSED HIS NEGLIGIENCE in FAILING to WRITE EVERYTHING YAHSHUA DID- in DIRECT DISOBEDIENCE of Yahshua's EXPLICIT COMMANDMENT that EVERYTHING he had ever told them "CONFIDENTIALLY" should be "PREACHED FROM HOUSETOPS?"

This was done, I believe, intentionally in order to make it known that revelation is closed.

That is a LIE, and you know that you are lying, because you do not cite a single Scripture to back up your claim.

. REVELATION 1:1-3.

THE Revelation of Jesus Christ,
which God gave unto him,
to shew unto his servant
things which must shortly come to pass;
and he sent and signified it by his Angel
unto his servant John:
2. Who bare record of the Word of God,
and of the Testimony of Jesus Christ,
and of all things that he saw.
3. Blessed is he that readeth,
and they that hear the Words of this Prophecy,
and keep those things which are written therein:
for the time is at hand.

If revelation is open, then this statement is nullified. Whether one believes that these verses apply only to the book of Revelation or to the whole of Scripture, if someone receives new revelation then they are adding to or taking away from the book.

. i]uLUKE 12:1-12.[/u]

IN the mean time,
when there were gathered together
an innumerable multitude of people,
insomuch that they trode
one upon another,
he began to Say
unto his Disciples
first of all,
"Beware ye of the Leaven
of the Pharisees,
which is Hypocrisy.
2. "For there is nothing covered,
that shall not be revealed;
neither hid,
that shall not be known.
3. "Therefore whatsoever
ye have spoken in Darkness
shall be heard in the Light;
and that which ye have
spoken in the ear in closets
shall be proclaimed
upon the housetops.
4. "And I say unto you
my Friends,

'BE NOT AFRAID OF THEM
THAT KILL THE BODY,
AND AFTER THAT
HAVE NO MORE
THAT THEY CAN DO.'

5. "But I will forewarn you Whom ye shall fear:

'FEAR HIM,
WHICH AFTER HE HATH KILLED
HATH POWER
TO CAST INTO HELL;'

yea, I say unto you,

'FEAR HIM.' "

[]color=#990000]6. "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings,
and not one of them is forgotten before God?
7. "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
8. "Also I say unto you,[/color]

[b]'WHOSOEVER SHALL CONFESS ME
BEFORE MEN,
HIM SHALL THE SON OF MAN
ALSO CONFESS BEFORE
THE ANGELS OF GOD:
9. 'BUT HE THAT DENIETH ME
BEFORE MEN
SHALL BE DENIED BEFORE
THE ANGELS OF GOD.'[iu][b]

10. "And whosoever shall speak a word
against the Son of Man,
it shall be forgiven him:
but unto him that blasphemeth
against The Holy Ghost
it shall not be forgiven.
11. "And when they bring you
unto the synagogues,
and unto magistrates, and powers,
take ye no thought
how or what thing ye shall answer,
or what ye shall say:
12. "For The Holy Ghost shall Teach you
in the same hour what ye ought to say."

ACCORDING TO YOU THE VAST NUMBER OF THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN SECRET FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD HAVE TO REMAIN SECRET- BECAUSE YOU SAY THAT THERE CAN BE NO MORE REVELATIONS AFTER THE BOOK OF REVELATION!

If that is the case, YOU SAY, that THE HOLY GHOST could no longer Teach Christians what to say, after The Book of Revelation was Revealed.

Therefore you reject all such Revelations as NOT BEING OF GOD- which is [i]BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST.

THEREFORE, YOU SERVE ONE OF THOSE CHURCHES THAT BLASPHEMES THE HOLY GHOST, AND NEED NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, SINCE YOU KNOW NOTHINGNOF SIGNIFICANCE.

This is because they are promoting “revelation” that adds to or takes away from what is written in the book of Revelation and Scripture, including the gospel, theology, and prophecy. One must ask why Jesus would condemn anyone who takes away from or adds to the book if revelation is open. If revelation is open, then Jesus’ statement is nullified. However, this statement stands true and closes revelation.

. JOHN 14:15-27.

15. "If ye love me,
keep my Commandments.
16. And I will pray The Father,
and He shall give you another Comforter,
that He may abide with you for ever;
17. "Even the Spirit of Truth;
Whom the World cannot receive,
because it seeth him not,
neither knoweth Him:
but ye know Him;
for He dwelleth with you,
and shall be in you.
18. "I will not leave you Comfortless:
I will come to you.
19. "Yet a little while,
and the World seeth me no more;
but ye see me:
because I live,
ye shall live also.
20. At that day ye shall know
that I am in my Father,
and ye in me, and I in you.
21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him."
22. Judas saith unto him,
not Iscariot,
"Lord, how is it that
thou wilt manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him,
"If a man love me,
He will keep my Words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not
keepeth not my Sayings:
and the Word which ye hear
is not mine,
but The Father's Which sent me.
25. “These things
have I spoken unto you,
being (yet) present with you.
26. "But The Comforter,
(Which is) The Holy Ghost,
Whom The Father
will send in My Name,
He shall Teach you All Things
and bring all things
to your Remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 “Peace I leave with you;
My Peace I give unto you,
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

YOU BELONG TO A CHURCH THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE THESE COMMANDMENTS AND PROMISES OF THE LORD YAHSHUA.

Baxter’s book supposedly gives new revelation about all the issues addressed in Scripture generally and the book of Revelation specifically. However, since revelation is closed, one must reject her book because it is not divine revelation, but either a commentary, heresy, or fiction.

DOES THE BIBLE COONTAIN ALL TRUTH?

Of course not!

Therefore, there is plenty for God to still Reveal to us, through The Holy Ghost, Whom you do not Believe in.

Problem Two: Scripture is Complete
Baxter claims that Jesus wanted her to write this book so people will know how to overcome evil and be saved. In other words, because Jesus wanted people to have the gospel, he needed her to write this book. This presumes that Scripture as found in the Bible does not already address these issues. However, there are many passages that present the gospel message. Many passages deal with overcoming sin, evil, and Satan. Many passages teach about hell. In short, Scripture already teaches what she claims her book is supposed to reveal.

Another implication of her claim is that if the gospel was not known until her book came out, then how did all the millions of people learn the gospel from a Bible that supposedly does not contain the gospel? How did they get saved without her book?

The truth is, Paul made it clear that “all Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17, NASB). In other words, Scripture contains all we need in order to know how to be saved and grow in Christ in order to glorify God. Baxter’s book is not needed.

PAUL WAS NEVER A CHRISTIAN,

He never followed THE ONE AND ONLY GOSPEL the Lord Yahshua preached, but rather invented one of his own- exactly as you accuse Mary K. Baxter of doing! How do you judge PAUL to be a Servant of God, but Mary Baxter a Servant of Satan?

Conclusion
Christians should avoid Baxter’s book. It is not revelation, as she claims. Based on her claims that the book is not illumination, but new revelation, it violates the teaching in Scripture, demotes Scripture, and is, therefore, heresy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Myles Munroe Is In Lagos, Nigeria / The Origin Of Human Races? / Why Do People Sleep In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.