Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? (4880 Views)

Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches / World Cup 2010 And Nigerian Commentators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by fagbohun4j(m): 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
Why won't Nigeria be ranked 60th in the world football? I believe it is not our players performance nor our stadia alone that is being used as a criteria to give position on the FIFA ranking table, our commentators too have their own percentage. To crown it all, our level commentating is too bad.
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Xflint(m): 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
Nigerian commentator? Hummm! We no talk abt that one
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Orikinla(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2012
Most of them are not qualified professionally or poorly trained.
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2012
Anybody can be a commentator in Nigeria. the most annoying thing is that some of these Nigerian commentators always make it obvious that they're supporting a particular team.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Dondbuzor: 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2012
Even as d pitch makes d football boring to watch,listenin to d commentators makes it worst.
De dnt even know d name or any other info about a player.
They keep addressing each player by d no on their jessey.
It sucks to watch npl games

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by ifydio(m): 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2012
so annoying indeed......there should be a course for that, so all these so called commentators will inprove there commentating skills
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by inspirenet: 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2012
afam4eva: Anybody can be a commentator in Nigeria. the most annoying thing is that some of these Nigerian commentators always make it obvious that they're supporting a particular team.
cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by dulaman: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
Durin nig. Vs rwanda match. D com. Goes ' oh no! Ds guys r playin lik d military. Wt much dicipline' wetin cm b dat? Dnt dy listen 2 d european gvn statistics,history,feats n all. Mtsw
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by lifestyle1(m): 3:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
Joke! undecided
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by WhoIGoAsk: 3:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
check this out

We are here this sunny hot afternoon at the Abuja Stadium for the friendly match between the SUPER EAGLES of Nigeria and the SEUN BOYS of em, em NairaList, sorry, Nairaland. I'm Segun Arinze and i'm here with Tony Umez.

No 9 and No 8 for Nigeria will kick the game off. The referee for today's game is,is,.....he's from ghana.
SA: The game has started, we pray that the super eagles will come out winners ijn.
TU: Amen.
SA: Obafemi Martins with the ball, still with the ball, a short pass to odewinge, odewinge curls a powerful shot, oh, what a goal. Goal, Goal, .. the refs blows for a goal kick. But i thought that was a goal.
TU: (Game still goin on)I think it was an offside, the NO 2 for SEUN boys was caught offside.
SA: Okay, that was close, let just keep hoping and praying that our boys continue like this......
TU: Wait a minute, the SEUN BOYS just scored a goal. How on earth did that happened,?
SA: Let's wait for the replay. Oh here it comes, ah, that what i've been saying Keshi should have picked enyeama ahead of aiyenuga. I'm sure van dar sar will save that.
TU: I don't it's the keepers fault. Yobe should have covered for our No 5, instead of staying with their No 9. It's yobo's fault.
SA: (Game still on) what are you telling me. Even my grandmother will stop that goal. What do you know about football by the way. Yobo cant leave his marker. It's the keepers fault.
TU: In your life, don't ever say that agin. That what do i know about football. I've watching football since the days of Okocha at PSG.......

tbc (typing)

25 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by mufc009(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2012
Naija commentators?
No go area ni Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
I remember watching a local match and the commentators were discussing election tribunal case of a governor in the studio.
They suck abeg

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by sadyeek(m): 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2012
And it is a GOA..... Oh!! Over the bar! grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by yemmy19(m): 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
Listen †̥ football commentaries on radio......lol
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2012
Some of them are even insultive. I was watching a Nigerian FA cup commentary and the commentary went thus:

"What is Suleiman going to do with the ball in front of the penalty box, ohh nooo, he missed a great opportunity to school. he should change his name from Suleiman to Sulewoman"

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Afam4eva(m): 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2012
yemmy19: Listen †̥ football commentaries on radio......lol
If you're following a commentary on radio, you would think the match ended with twenty goals.
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Lordave: 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2012
Imagine an Hausa comentator... ;DImagine an Hausa comentator...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by sheilanonny: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
afam4eva: Anybody can be a commentator in Nigeria. the most annoying thing is that some of these Nigerian commentators always make it obvious that they're supporting a particular team.

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by duality(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2012
lots of folks here just have mental slavery. what makes the white commentators better.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Afam4eva(m): 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2012
duality: lots of folks here just have mental slavery. what makes the white commentators better.
They're better because they're very analytical and unbiased and not because they're white. And btw, not all of them are white.
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by OmoKhary(f): 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
Bt we still hav 2 commend d ones on radio.expecially the nigerian info commentators

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by valencia25(m): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2012
I love the way dey use AND.....

Enyeama pass the ball to Taiwo AND Taiwo pass it to Mikel AND Mikel pass the Ball to Uche[b]AND[/b] Uche dribble 1,2,3 AND Pass it to Osaze AND Osaze! Will he pass or score AND Finally, he Pass to Goal Kick!!!!grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by sadyeek(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2012
sheilanonny: afam4eva: Anybody can be a commentator in Nigeria. the most annoying thing is that some of these Nigerian commentators always make it obvious that they're supporting a particular team.

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
cheesy

Have you guys listend to an english man commentating when england and another country playing? If you did I don't think you will stress on this point.

mufc009: Naija commentators?
No go area ni Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
I remember watching a local match and the commentators were discussing election tribunal case of a governor in the studio.
They suck abeg

Hahahaha!!! grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by valencia25(m): 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
Lordave: Imagine an Hausa comentator... ;DImagine an Hausa comentator...

Kai! Shege damboroba Kaita fooolishi boi collectii red cardi... grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by sadyeek(m): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:
check this out

We are here this sunny hot afternoon at the Abuja Stadium for the friendly match between the SUPER EAGLES of Nigeria and the SEUN BOYS of em, em NairaList, sorry, Nairaland. I'm Segun Arinze and i'm here with Tony Umez.

No 9 and No 8 for Nigeria will kick the game off. The referee for today's game is,is,.....he's from ghana.
SA: The game has started, we pray that the super eagles will come out winners ijn.
SA: Obafemi Martins with the ball, still with the ball, a short pass to odewinge, odewinge curls a powerful shot, oh, what a goal. Goal, Goal, .. the refs blows for a goal kick. But i thought that was a goal.
TU: (Game still goin on)I think it was an offside, the NO 2 for SEUN boys was caught offside.
SA: Okay, that was close, let just keep hoping and praying that our boys continue like this......
TU: Wait a minute, the SEUN BOYS just scored a goal. How on earth did that happened,?
SA: Let's wait for the replay. Oh here it comes, ah, that what i've been saying Keshi should have picked enyeama ahead of aiyenuga. I'm sure van dar sar will save that.
TU: I don't it's the keepers fault. Yobe should have covered for our No 5, instead of staying with their No 9. It's yobo's fault.
SA: (Game still on) what are you telling me. Even my grandmother will stop that goal. What do you know about football by the way. Yobo cant leave his marker. It's the keepers fault.
TU: In your life, don't ever say that agin. That what do i know about football. I've watching football since the days of Okocha at PSG.......

tbc (typing)

You are a clown!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Afam4eva(m): 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:
check this out

tbc (typing)
grin grin grin Na God go punish you grin grin grin Laugh wan kill me for here

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by slimdiggi: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
I dont watch d game but i listen to d commentators,comedy all d way
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by achi4u(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
they are heart breakers expecially on radios;
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by collinsoft(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2012
valencia25:

Kai! Shege damboroba Kaita fooolishi boi collectii red cardi... grin grin
kai kaita i pass am d ball to akwacha, akwacha i dribble 1;2:3: kai wanna yaro shegiya ne. Akwacha i give d ball to finidi. Kai finidi danburouba. I throw am for ball. Kai walahi talahi me i no gree

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Azuist(m): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
These nigerian commentators are d reason why i dont like watchin Nigerian league. Imagine this "Gbenga what do u have to say about this match?....Hmmm
i dont have much to say but its just that this match is like a battle btw the elephant and the grass...... You re right, and when 2 elephants fight it the grass that suffers"

Another 1 "that is jersey no 7 manovering thru the right"
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Chanchit: 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
OmoKhary: Bt we still hav 2 commend d ones on radio.expecially the nigerian info commentators
those guys r really trying, even while watching the matchs, i still listen to their commentary with ma ear piece..

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by duality(m): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
afam4eva:
They're better because they're very analytical and unbiased and not because they're white. And btw, not all of them are white.

i've also seen good commentator in nigeria and i enjoy them. most times i use my radio when matches are on. some of those foreign commentators could be so dull for me.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by pek(m): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
You will loose count of how many times u will hear the phrase "yes indeed". Every sentence by one of the commentator starts with yes indeed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Decamp / I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh / Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.