Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? (4887 Views)

Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches / World Cup 2010 And Nigerian Commentators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Coefficient(m): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
LMAO! You hear phrases like 'Yobo, the defendable defender' repeated countless times. Last weekend's qualifier was so annoying. 'The Rwandese defense'. The supporters club too didn't help matters with their annoying tune of 'panranran'. They've been playing that tune for ages. I tire for dem. Chai!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Afam4eva(m): 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
duality:

i've also seen good commentator in nigeria and i enjoy them. most times i use my radio when matches are on. some of those foreign commentators could be so dull for me.
Do you like them because they shout?
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by wandeay: 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2012
also, most of them are not good grammatically, especially d hausa ones
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by bonna4u(m): 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
pek: You will loose count of how many times u will hear the phrase "yes indeed". Every sentence by one of the commentator starts with yes indeed.
This is what you get when every sports journalist in the country thinks he is a football commentator.
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by bonna4u(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2012
They can't even hide their bias towards the opposition thereby irritating the neutrals. angry angry angry
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by bonetalk(m): 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
collinsoft: kai kaita i pass am d ball to akwacha, akwacha i dribble 1;2:3: kai wanna yaro shegiya ne. Akwacha i give d ball to finidi. Kai finidi danburouba. I throw am for ball. Kai walahi talahi me i no gree
seriously lol
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by bonna4u(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
Coefficient: LMAO! You hear phrases like 'Yobo, the defendable defender' repeated countless times. Last weekend's qualifier was so annoying. 'The Rwandese defense'. The supporters club too didn't help matters with their annoying tune of 'panranran'. They've been playing that tune for ages. I tire for dem. Chai!
If it were a stronger opposition threatening to equalize, you would've heard tunes like:
He delivered Paul and Silas, he deliver Paul and Silas oh...............................
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Onyenna(m): 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
...Radio commentary is the worst!!!!.... The last time I tried it(radio), I thought nigeria won the game by 8 goals to nil..
They really need to improve their commentary(tv inclusive)..... I also don't like their camera and camera men... Imaging watching a league game with the ball on one side of the pitch and the camera facing another side of the pitch for some minutes!!!!!!!!..... Jeeeez!!!!
They really need to train everyone involved....starting from NFA......
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Cleverley(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
This is a serious issue if our football matches must grow. U guys jst remind me of d past, during worldcup 1998, i do turn down d volume just to consetrate. Thank God 4 dstv and some cable network now. NTA is the worst!
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by PaulJohn1: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
bonna4u:
If it were a stronger opposition threatening to equalize, you would've heard tunes like:
He delivered Paul and Silas, he deliver Paul and Silas oh...............................

Laugh won kill me here. Paul and Silas for football
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:
check this out

We are here this sunny hot afternoon at the Abuja Stadium for the friendly match between the SUPER EAGLES of Nigeria and the SEUN BOYS of em, em NairaList, sorry, Nairaland. I'm Segun Arinze and i'm here with Tony Umez.

No 9 and No 8 for Nigeria will kick the game off. The referee for today's game is,is,.....he's from ghana.
SA: The game has started, we pray that the super eagles will come out winners ijn.
TU: Amen.
SA: Obafemi Martins with the ball, still with the ball, a short pass to odewinge, odewinge curls a powerful shot, oh, what a goal. Goal, Goal, .. the refs blows for a goal kick. But i thought that was a goal.
TU: (Game still goin on)I think it was an offside, the NO 2 for SEUN boys was caught offside.
SA: Okay, that was close, let just keep hoping and praying that our boys continue like this......
TU: Wait a minute, the SEUN BOYS just scored a goal. How on earth did that happened,?
SA: Let's wait for the replay. Oh here it comes, ah, that what i've been saying Keshi should have picked enyeama ahead of aiyenuga. I'm sure van dar sar will save that.
TU: I don't it's the keepers fault. Yobe should have covered for our No 5, instead of staying with their No 9. It's yobo's fault.
SA: (Game still on) what are you telling me. Even my grandmother will stop that goal. What do you know about football by the way. Yobo cant leave his marker. It's the keepers fault.
TU: In your life, don't ever say that agin. That what do i know about football. I've watching football since the days of Okocha at PSG.......

tbc (typing)

grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Ifeanyispace: 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2012
I gain new knowledge when i listen to foreign commentators. May be they have access to the best of information but our Nigerian commentators, they give you heart attack, so boring lacking any insight into the game.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by kayswag100(m): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
NIGERIA VS. bRAZIL

. . .56th minute:
Hameed Adio: . . . AND robinho dribbles Taiwo (hw could taiwo have allowed that?) AND he dribbles Yobo too (yobo should have cleared the ball!) AND he dribbles Enyeama. . .
Eeeeeeeeeeh? They have scored US o!
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Dermie: 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
they are very funny....
their commentary is very awkward
-they call players with their numbers rether than thier names
-they know no history of the players
-they discuss topics not related to football
-they speak like stammerers sometimes
-they wait for replays that wont be shown to viewers
-they are fond of saying SORRY, in cases like:
a)No 9 passes the ball to No 4, OH!, SORRY thats No 8.
b)the ball is is is is is a goooooallllll, OH!, SORRY, it is corner kick
e.t.c. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by LaughterNoon(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2012
I rememba back in the days of Ernest Okonkwo anytime NIG scores Ernest will scream is a goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll all of a sudden his voice will fade away the next thing you will hear is a union bank ad. "union bank big, strong, reliable tantarara tararararararara tararararararara
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Nightshift(m): 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
LaughterNoon: I rememba back in the days of Ernest Okonkwo anytime NIG scores Ernest will scream is a goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll all of a sudden his voice will fade away the next thing you will hear is a union bank ad. "union bank big, strong, reliable tantarara tararararararara tararararararara
Jokes apart, Ernest Okonkwo was the best sports radio commentator Nigeria ever had. He was closely followed by Richard Asiegbu of Radio Nigeria Enugu, and Tolu Fatoyimbo of Radio Nigeria Lagos.
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Ekpekus(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2012
;DLol @ posts! The security personeels instead of facing the crowd, they will be watching the game with maximum concentration!
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
kayswag100: NIGERIA VS. bRAZIL

. . .56th minute:
Hameed Adio: . . . AND robinho dribbles Taiwo (hw could taiwo have allowed that?) AND he dribbles Yobo too (yobo should have cleared the ball!) AND he dribbles Enyeama. . .

u no well grin

one time I listened to a match commentary on radio, I think it was Brazil vs a team in the u-17 world cup here. when Brazil scored, the commentator said "yeah Brazil has scored 1-0 which could have been 2 if not for that offside goal. I'll tell you the goal scorer when I read his Jersey number" I was like WTF
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by Nextworldnx(m): 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2012
Ekpekus: ;DLol @ posts! The security personeels instead of facing the crowd, they will be watching the game with maximum concentration!

before nko.... na only u get eyes? grin grin grin grin very annoying attitude by those OLOPA
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by coldiz: 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2012
Damn... U guys are so funny... This thread is hilarious... I don laff tire...
Some of them will like, how can Osazee miss such a goal?... That's thesame goal Drogba scored last week against westham... Oh well, I think his legs are getting weak, maybe Stephen Keshi needs to talk to medical unit on this.. Those legs need to be taken cared of as soon as possible because the super eagles cant afford to lose this match.... embarassed
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by tegaPofficial: 11:32pm On Jun 20, 2012
Y'all shld Join Leggout..its a social network for club fans,dont miss out! www.leggout.com
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by DinhoMVP: 6:20am On Jun 21, 2012
fagbohun4j: Why won't Nigeria be ranked 60th in the world football? I believe it is not our players performance nor our stadia alone that is being used as a criteria to give position on the FIFA ranking table, our commentators too have their own percentage. To crown it all, our level commentating is too bad.
pls hw can 1 gt a commentry job 4our tv stations durin live matches..i do great in d field & i hv a couple of guys wt whom we cn do great i'v undastudied foreign comentators 4 a long tym nw & i nid a chance 2showcasd ma talent
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by mikuz(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2012
kayswag100: NIGERIA VS. bRAZIL

. . .56th minute:
this one done comot for commentary, na comedy be this grin
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by samhay: 1:54am On Jun 22, 2012
Listen to NIGERIAINFO 99.3.Dey'll change ur thinking
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by TheMatrix3: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2012
OK, lets assume European commentators are way out of our league when it comes to commentary: they have so much trivia at thier finger tips, and can even tell you when each player made debut and scored their first goal, Reason: they research and prepare for each match cos its what they are paid to do, its their passion. Lets even take a toll from the South American commentary... I remember once when Nigeria played a friendly against Columbia and the commentary was in Spanish, though I couldn't understand a thing , but there was so much passion, so much ethusiasm, and finesse about the commentary (though a bit biased, cos when they scored Nigeria, the guy gave a looong yell of "gooooooooooaaaalll!!!" with a single breath of air for about 1 minute and then repeatedly echoed "goalu goalu goalu goal goal, excellento goal" like the f00l that used to talk in Winning Eleven ps1 angry ). like someone said, Hamid Adio and his crew neva make a sentence wotout saying "yes indeed"
Re: What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators? by dont8(m): 12:27am On Jun 24, 2012
If you want to advise someone on how best to commit suicide, just tell him to go listen to Nigerian commentators on radio.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? / London-2012: Task Ahead Is Clear - Minister Of Sports / Free Live In Play Tips For Bet365 Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.