Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. (1264 Views)

Jonathan’s Phd Irrelevant To Governance – Prof. Esiemokhai / You’re A Disgrace To Governance, Lawyer Keyamo Tells Governor Uduaghan / ABIA : Abia’s New Approach To Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Zutchy: 9:27am On Jun 17, 2012
When in 2010 GEJ declared his interest to run for office of the president I was skeptical ,i wondered to myself what does this man have to offer,his campaign slogan was Transformation,I said to myself "na so,na today!!!!".Elections came and went and he won,people trooped out in their millions very unlike ever before to vote this new comer into power.i said ok now let's watch and see what next,that took some time coming,the man settled down and started picking his ministers and he really took his time selecting them,to me as an individual and as a political analyst I felt this was where we would know exactly what was this presidents mission.When the list of ministerial nominees was finally submitted I was impressed,as a staunch capitalist and as Donalnd Trump would always tell you that "the private sector is what drives the economy".GEJ had carefully mapped out those sectors that he knew would be the backbone of the new NIgeria,and then he picked accomplished veterans from the private sector and assigned them to those key sectors. POWER-Proff. Barth Nnaji,FINANCE-Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala,AGRICULTURE-Dr. Adesina,TRADE AND INVESTMENt-Mr. Olusegun Aganga,HEALTH-Prof Christian Chukwu,AVIATION-Mrs. Stella Oduah etc...all certified experts in their respective fields of the private sector.i mean,what better way to get these sectors moving is there that is better than what the president did,which was to deploy someone who would inject new ideas,create a sense of efficiency and competence,people who are used and oriented to getting things done and winning out against competition,this was commendable.Then the president went a step further,he bridged party lines and reached out to captains of industry,the movers and shakers of our private sector and from their midst he assembled a wonderful team of accomplished,reputable and respected heads of corporate Nigeria and put an outstanding achiever Dr Okonjo Iweala to superintend over them and he named them National Economic Management Team.I was overjoyed,this was the doings of an educated mind,someone with a vision,he accepted the fact that he could not do the job alone and so had enlisted help.When the figures on what was being spent on fuel subsidy was released and the president subsequently removed subsidy I was not surprised because that was the action that any prudent and economic enlightened govt would do,but we thank God that it has come to light that it was a bunch of corrupt civil servants that colluded with oil marketers to rip us off.From my observations of this government,the president is mostly for now giving a lot of attention to policy reforms that will strengthen the very foundation of our democracy,the power sector reforms are splendid and a one of a kind as revealed by internationally acclaimed power companies ,the electronic payment system which has cut the head of the snake called ghost workers and inflation of pay checks by govt agencies,because believe it or not it is among the top hierarchy of the civil service that we have the worst kind of corruption,at least we can now say goodbye to pensions theft,the Petroleum Industry Bill(PIB) from my investigations is being given the utmost acceleration as I understand that the president has given the committee in charge of that a deadline.All in all I believe the president is actually on track,in the case of security I know that is shaky ground,but how do you fight a bunch of misguided miscreants who are willing to die for nothing.And do not forget that ones the almajiri schools being put up by the Federal Government comes on stream fully it will help keep all those poor northern youths off the streets thereby starving the sponsors of this crimes of willing soldiers.this will go a long way in putting a stop to their activities.I am still watching to see how it all turns out anyway,I took time to write this article in order to encourage people not to be so quick in judging this administration,let's give them a little time to prove their mettle or themselves to us.
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Pupita(f): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2012
Impressive,especially his appointment of Nuhu RIbadu who was his opponent at the last presidential polls as head of PETROLEUM REVENUE SPECIAL TASK FORCE, a position RIbadu accepted because knowing him,he would be mad to associate himself with a cause he does not believe in. Smart NIgerians are nt quick to term GEJ a failure. Rather they are willing to key into his positive vision for this country because common sense will tell you that if the right people are with him,every of those words on the blue print for the sucx of this country will be achieved.
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Dollarman101: 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2012
Am so happy that they are still credible and progress loving nigerian on this site. My friend,you have spoken well and it wont end in that,we have to educate our fellow Nigerians who have been deceived and lied to ,by the media and the enemies of this present administration who are praying for the failure of this administration. Nigeria has complex issues and should be seen as so. We all need to join hands as one to solve our problems together, cause the government can't do it alone. They are not magicians. Let's act now for a better Nigeria.
God bless GEJ
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by dedeike: 1:13am On Jun 18, 2012
It is very difficult for anyone to fault Gej on the composition of his cabinet. We have as ministers and special advisers men and women of integrity who have distinguished themselves in their various fields of human endeavor.

The Finance minister who also doubles as the Co ordinating Minister leads the pack. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala has in less than one year integrated payment systems online so that govt expenditure could be easily monitored from her desk. The so called delays for the payment of salaries and allowances of corpers was as a result of this new initiative. The woman has initiated bio metric verification exercises across several ministries, departments and Agences in order to eliminate ghost workers and cut govt expenditure. Already, her efforts in this regard are yielding positive results as the police pensions scandal was exposed and the culprits charged to court. She has also saved about 2 billion that would hve been spent on ghost workers in the Minidtry of police Affairs.More agencies are in the pipeline. She headed the task force that sanitized the ports and created the enabling environment for 24 hrs operation at the ports.

Do we need to talk about Adeshina, the Agricutural minister who has demolished the cartel in the distribution of fertilizer? The minister has been able to deregulate fertizer distribution and has made the commodity accessible at open market. He's driving force is that fertilizer should be accessible at the market just like coca cola. He is spearheading the cassava bread revolution which is another landmark policy geared towards growing the local production of cassava. The minister has also imposed higher import tariffs on the importation of wheat so that it will be attractive to buy these cassava bread .

In power, Barth Nnaji has revived the abandoned NIPP initiative and has completed the Mambilla and Zungeru power stations with massive repairs on Kainji dam and Utorugu plant. Presently, transmission infrastructure is being repaired . While plans are ongoing at the long run for the privatization of PHCN. the private sector is also being called to invest in our distribution network. It is expected that new upward review of tariffs will create the environment for more private sector lparticipation. In Aviation, all the four major airports are undergoing total rehabilitation. It's just unfortunate that we suffered a very very major disaster recently. But that will not obliterate the hardwork of the aviation minister but will only strengthen their regulatory roles over the sector. In works, several road projects are either ongoing or have been completed by this administration in less than a year, these include Kolo-nembe- brass, apapa- oshodi, Auchi-Okene, Onithsha-owerri, Lagos -Benin expressway, Zaria- Funtua-Gusau, Keffiyeh-Akwanga-Lafia, Kano - Maidugri, Hadejia- Zungeru.etc,

The president has established additional 9 new universities in less than a year, he has also set up new law campuses of the Nigerian law school at both Yenagoa and yola. He has launched the Almajiri school project which is geared towards catering for itinerant Islamist pupils in the north. A new curriculum has been evolved taking into cognizance Ict technology. There's increased funding of the Education sector in the 2012 budget by over 12 percent. in the transport sector, construction of light rail lines are ongoing commencing from 4 cardinal points in the country. the energy sector is witnessing a whole new revolution with the formulation of the petroleum industry bill and the local content Act. In labour and productivity, this govt has increased the minimum wage of workers to 18, 000 naira monthly. Youth Corpers now take home as much as 30, 000 monthly.

In information, this govt appointed a foremost activist and students union leader to inform Nigetians on the activities of govt. For the first time in this country, we saw a ministerial platform briefing session where all the ministers were called upon to give an account of their stewardship in governance before the public. This govt has signed into law the FOI Act which successive govts in Nigeria avoided. GEJ is working.and surely needs our support to complete it. This is just one year.
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Sunofgod(m): 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
Zutchy's Latest Topics
Politics / Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance.
by Zutchy. 4 posts & 152 views. 1:13am On Jun 18 (dedeike)

Time registered: June 15, 2012

Time spent online: 22 hours & 52 minutes

How much is GEJ paying you?
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Sunofgod(m): 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
View Dollarman101's Profile
Nairaland Forum / Dollarman101's Profile

Time spent online: 7 hours & 48 minutes

How much is GEJ paying you?
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by OkekeChristian(m): 4:46am On Jul 03, 2012
Sun of god: Zutchy's Latest Topics
Politics / Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance.
by Zutchy. 4 posts & 152 views. 1:13am On Jun 18 (dedeike)

Time spent online: 22 hours & 52 minutes

Sun of god: View Dollarman101's Profile
Nairaland Forum / Dollarman101's Profile

Time spent online: 7 hours & 48 minutes

Now I also ask, How much is GEJ paying you?
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by koruji(m): 4:53am On Jul 03, 2012
The metamorphosis of BROTHER BEAF grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by thomason: 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/zutchy

https://www.nairaland.com/dollarman101

https://www.nairaland.com/pupita

hmmmmmm. Registered in June to defend our dear GEJ shocked God is watching you
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Gbawe: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2012
thomason: https://www.nairaland.com/zutchy

https://www.nairaland.com/dollarman101

https://www.nairaland.com/pupita

hmmmmmm. Registered in June to defend our dear GEJ shocked God is watching you

Simply nauseating . How is it possible 200 'robots' joined in June 2012 and are all only interested in defending GEJ while simultaneously attacking his perceived opponents with every single post they contribute here? Mention "40 laptops" and they are all transformed into madmen to be swearing, cursing and rolling around on the floor.
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by blacksta(m): 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
A55 licking to the core. Dont these ediots know that they stand out like a sore thumb. Has poverty ravaged us to the extent where all sense of reasoning has been lost
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Zikkyy(m): 2:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
Interesting. Am seeing a lot of 'image polishing' here (or is it branding?). Is it really necessary? i don't think so. will it improve the perception? No. The 'si-down look' approach to crisis management is not helping matters. GEJ should work to win converts, let his work speak for him. He's not going to get the needed support if the outcome of his activities impact just the media (newspaper, t.v, NL e.t.c), peeps need to feel the positive impact of GEJ so called transformation agenda.
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Demdem(m): 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
grin grin grin

Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by LFJ: 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2012
If Abacha, even in death can proud of millions of followers who so much believe that he was one of the best that ever happen to Nigeria, then this will not be a suprise to intelligent people on NL
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by SisiKill1: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2012
You lost me at INTELLECTUAL undecided
Re: Jonathans Intellectual Approach To Governance. by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Chairman House Committee On Sports Causes Stir In London Hotel Over Indecency / News: Armed Robbers Killed 2 Policemen And 7 Other Civilians In Lagos Yesterday! / Exclusive: Nigeria Loses Billions In Cut Price Oil Deals - Ribadu Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.