Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,598 members, 7,958,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better (33108 Views)

Avensis 2005 Vs Camry 2005 Which One Is Better / The Rise Of “Big For Nothing” (2002 – 2006 Toyota Camry) / Honda Baby Boy Vs Camry Tiny Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by IcecoldDon: 9:32am On Jun 17, 2012
For car gurus, I am about to pick to my first ride and as thrilled as I am,I have been doing research n I have fallen in luv wit Honda's EOD,but friends have been advising against it saying they always give particular problems eg Compressor,Gearbox etc n that Camry Big for Nothing is not only better n stronger wit none of the aforementioned factory defects but that it is also way cheaper to maintain in 9ja.
Please help cos I am really confused n I don't want to make a mistake but I reeellllyyy luv that Honda.!!!!

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by BusHouse(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2012
Icecold Don: For car gurus, I am about to pick to my first ride and as thrilled as I am,I have been doing research n I have fallen in luv wit Honda's EOD,but friends have been advising against it saying they always give particular problems eg Compressor,Gearbox etc n that Camry Big for Nothing is not only better n stronger wit none of the aforementioned factory defects but that it is also way cheaper to maintain in 9ja.
Please help cos I am really confused n I don't want to make a mistake but I reeellllyyy luv that Honda.!!!!
You have answered the question yourself. If something is big for nothing then dont go near it. I will advise you go for Honda, av used it & i have no issue with it. The bottom line is regular maintainance & it will serve you well.

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by JesChill(m): 8:38am On Jun 18, 2012
men ive used an EOD for some time and i dont have issues js do regular servicing and check ur gear oil steadily u wont have issues...and as per luxury and comfort the EOD still beats the camry 2003 hands down.....so uif u aint the cool and luxurious interior tryp take the big for noting and ul understand y they acll it big for noting.....

2 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
Toyota products are way better than Honda.In the long run,@op will get to appreciate camry than EOD since hondas are more problematic than toyota.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Bawss1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2012
Get new friends grin

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Osio: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
Big for Nothing, [b]its really big for nothing. Stay off it.
A Honda, i am weary of them, cant tell if they have been able to perfect the creation of a functional and long lasting gearbox.
I currently use a Hyundai XG30, and its serving me wella.
Why not try a Nissan Maxima 2003 - 2007 Model, a Hyundai Sonata 2005-09 Model, A Mazda 6 or a Volvo S60. these are very reliable cars but have it in mind that its all about the way you use them that you would enjoy them.
Cheers
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by playboy19(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
I will advice you to go for the Toyota camry any day. You already know my reasons and again, if you're selling them back, you'll have a buyer for the toyota quicker than the Honda. To buy a second hand Honda car, people are always scared. They'll ask you over and over again why you are selling it. Trying to be sure that you're not offloading it cos of gear problem.

And if you are looking for luxury in the toyota camry, give it one. The A/C that comes with the toyota has no match. The speakers are top notch... the only boring part is the dash board of you which you can always buy a car dvd to p[i]i[/i]mp it up...Shikena

Osio:
I currently use a Hyundai XG30, and its serving me wella.

Please come back and tell us about it in 5 years from now

Why not try a Nissan Maxima 2003 - 2007 Model, a Hyundai Sonata 2005-09 Model, A Mazda 6 or a Volvo S60. these are very reliable cars but have it in mind that its all about the way you use them that you would enjoy them.
Cheers

A Nissan MAXIMA for a first timer? Is that a joke? You sir knows nothing about cars or driving and maintaining a car in Nigeria.

Op, please stay away from all the cars he listed. As a first timer, they'll make you hate the idea of buying a car for the rest of your life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by ismhab(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2012
Did you not hear the name End Of Discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2012
Both ride are really nice and reliable. . . gas efficient, cheap to take care of, easily availability of Parts and labour in Nigeria . . . . . The most important thing is how you maintain them.

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Rhino5dm: 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2012
Go for Toyota. ANY MODEL

I don't trust honda. I have cause to change 3 gearbox for three different hondas I used.

2 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by occam(m): 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2012
Fhemmmy: Both ride are really nice and reliable. . . gas efficient, cheap to take care of, easily availability of Parts and labour in Nigeria . . . . . The most important thing is how you maintain them.

Your comments says it all. Maintenance is key. end of discussion!

why is the Honnda called end of discussion?
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Go for Toyota. ANY MODEL

I don't trust honda. I have cause to change 3 gearbox for three different hondas I used.

Just cos you had to change yours 3 times does not conclude that all the other millions of Honda would suffer same faith . . . Honda are reliable rides

2 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Rhino5dm: 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2012
The guy was asking for advice, NO?

Funny two of my friends are lamenting seriously, one changed his gear for a total cost of 195k.(Honda Accord)

The other one that bought EOD last 3 month is having gear selecting problem. What do you expect me to say? Me I don give up for honda ooooooooo.

Fhemmmy:

Just cos you had to change yours 3 times does not conclude that all the other millions of Honda would suffer same faith . . . Honda are reliable rides
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
The guy was asking for advice, NO?

Funny two of my friends are lamenting seriously, one changed his gear for a total cost of 195k.(Honda Accord)

The other one that bought EOD last 3 month is having gear selecting problem. What do you expect me to say? Me I don give up for honda ooooooooo.

Lol . . . I think this thread ought to make people to be careful where and how they buy rides, cos many people that sell cars are just selling shell of death and not a ride . . . .But i feel you
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Ofuks(m): 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
Both of them are good cars and very cheap to maintain but I prefer the HONDA EOD. I have used three different HONDA models and the only time I had cause to change a gearbox was because an Abuja quack mechanic messed up my ATF when I went for a very routine maintenance check that had nothing to do with a gear box.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by capsogiga(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN/CAN NEVER BE A CLEAR WINNER IN ANY WAR BETWEEN HONDA ACCORD AND TOYOTA CAMRY.
IT IS JUST A BLOODY WASTE OF TIME TO ARGUE WHICH IS BETTER !!! THIS WAR HAS BEEN FOUGHT FOR DECADES AND THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A CLEAR WINNER. CHECK OUT INTERNET FORUMS,EXPERT REVIEWS,CUSTOMER REVIEWS,RUMOURS,HEARSAYS, OUTRIGHT LIES,MECHANICS, ENGINEERS,"REWIRING EXPERTS",AUTO MAGS,RPM,TOP GEAR,INDEPENDENT ANALYSTS,BIASED ANALYSTS ETC- AND U WILL NEVER, EVER BE ABLE TO DECIDE WHICH IS BETTER OVERALL !! YOU COULD VERY WELL ARGUE WHICH IS BETTER BETWEEN HONDA CIVIC AND TOYOTA COROLLA OR TOYOTA HIGHLANDER AND HONDA PILOT- BUT CAMRY VS ACCORD ? JUST FORGET IT-SENTIMENT OR NO SENTIMENT

7 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Asekere(m): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
Toyota products are associated with shock-absorber problems..EOD is simply my thing..betastill u can go for Avalon of over BIG for Notin
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
Asekere: Toyota products are associated with shock-absorber problems..EOD is simply my thing..betastill u can go for Avalon of over BIG for Notin

Nice machine you have mentioned there . . .

2 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Tyche(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
Both are good, but you wil enjoy the toyota in the long run. #fact
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by rhemal: 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2012
Talking from experie nce.Toyota is far better n. durable.I've used a tokunboh babyboy before,in less than a year,had to change gearbox,sensor this,sensor that.Hell of a headache,but my 3 years big for nothing is in top shape.Anyday,anytime TOYOTA,better by MILES

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by LordReed(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2012
If you are looking to replace your car within the next 2 years then I think the EOD will be a good choice as you'll enjoy the ride and comfort of the interior. However for long terms of use your better bet is the Camry. Toyota engineering is better over a long period of time than that of Honda.

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2012
rhemal: Talking from experie nce.Toyota is far better n. durable.I've used a tokunboh babyboy before,in less than a year,had to change gearbox,sensor this,sensor that.Hell of a headache,but my 3 years big for nothing is in top shape.Anyday,anytime TOYOTA,better by MILES

Na wa oh, we dealers needs to try to bring in nice stuff for the people.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by baaliyah(m): 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
If am to choose btw the 2, i will go for Camry. I am not a fan of either, but camrys 98-2006 over Accord same year model..Honda interior is better but overall reliability is in Toyota. If u choose EOD buy another smaller car in case issues come up. If your car has problems you will not be able to sleep well.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2012
^^^ See how my people are tearing Honda apart, na wa oh
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by buchio7(m): 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
my broda...plssssssssss buy d camry..by every standard toyota beats a honda hands down.....a.c,maintenance,availability of parts,fuel efficiency e.t.c toyota is better...

Forget dat joker dat talked abt volvo s60,nissan n hyundai...stick wit toyota..its ideal for both first timers n old timers
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by LordReed(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
Fhemmmy: ^^^ See how my people are tearing Honda apart, na wa oh

Honda by experience has proved less reliable than Toyota.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
buchio7: my broda...plssssssssss buy d camry..by every standard toyota beats a honda hands down.....a.c,maintenance,availability of parts,fuel efficiency e.t.c toyota is better...

Forget dat joker dat talked abt volvo s60,nissan n hyundai...stick wit toyota..its ideal for both first timers n old timers

He is comparing Accord with Camry . . . Lol
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by ekyal(f): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2012
Hi everyone. Sorry for derailing the thread. I need a family car that is quite spacious and friends suggested 2007 Toyota sienna. Pls does anyone know how durable it is? i intend to use whichever car i buy now for atleast 2yrs before selling off. Pls advice needed urgently and abeg dont insult me o wink
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by KA24DETT(m): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
Asekere: Toyota products are associated with shock-absorber problems..EOD is simply my thing..betastill u can go for Avalon of over BIG for Notin

omg nothing screams BORING more than Avalon. No fun ,nothing. Point A To B car . Very very smooth engine. Nothing extraordinary , nothing major either
FHEMMY, u know this things nah. Well Toyota is a safe bet more than the Honda . I still can't wrap my head around the fact that HONDA can't build reliable automatic transmission . This problem has been going on since the 90s. Either it is automatic transmission or head gasket problem in their Acura premium division.

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
ekyal: Hi everyone. Sorry for derailing the thread. I need a family car that is quite spacious and friends suggested 2007 Toyota sienna. Pls does anyone know how durable it is? i intend to use whichever car i buy now for atleast 2yrs before selling off. Pls advice needed urgently and abeg dont insult me o wink

Sienna is very durable
Reliable
Parts are easy to find and not expensive.
The resale value is not bad either and you would love the luxury it will provide you.
Happy searching and good luck

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by kenkruse: 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
with my experience on Honda cars which ranges from unreliable a.c, leg problems,more fuel consumption and rustiness of some parts over time...i will gladly chose Toyota products. I make this decision because my office Toyota corolla which we have been using since 2006 is still sound and devoid of any problem listed above, despite the rough handling of the vehicle from all staff. Be wise!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) / Toyota Malfunction Indicator Lamp / Phoenix Renewables Celebrates 30 Days Of Operations In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.