Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better (32884 Views)

Avensis 2005 Vs Camry 2005 Which One Is Better / The Rise Of “Big For Nothing” (2002 – 2006 Toyota Camry) / Honda Baby Boy Vs Camry Tiny Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by dapo338(m): 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2012
Both are really nice cars so depending on ur choice.... Toyota is spacecious but the interior is not that beautiful compared with Honda, Toyota is cheaper to maintain

My bad comment on Honda cars is thier front wheel going seperate ways most of the tyme showing no earlier signs.

But if u can deal with that, Honda is a beautiful car and u gonna enjoy it.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by FindOut(m): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2012
capsogiga: THERE HAS NEVER BEEN/CAN NEVER BE A CLEAR WINNER IN ANY WAR BETWEEN HONDA ACCORD AND TOYOTA CAMRY.
IT IS JUST A BLOODY WASTE OF TIME TO ARGUE WHICH IS BETTER !!! THIS WAR HAS BEEN FOUGHT FOR DECADES AND THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A CLEAR WINNER. CHECK OUT INTERNET FORUMS,EXPERT REVIEWS,CUSTOMER REVIEWS,RUMOURS,HEARSAYS, OUTRIGHT LIES,MECHANICS, ENGINEERS,"REWIRING EXPERTS",AUTO MAGS,RPM,TOP GEAR,INDEPENDENT ANALYSTS,BIASED ANALYSTS ETC- AND U WILL NEVER, EVER BE ABLE TO DECIDE WHICH IS BETTER OVERALL !! YOU COULD VERY WELL ARGUE WHICH IS BETTER BETWEEN HONDA CIVIC AND TOYOTA COROLLA OR TOYOTA HIGHLANDER AND HONDA PILOT- BUT CAMRY VS ACCORD ? JUST FORGET IT-SENTIMENT OR NO SENTIMENT

I am very strongly inclined to agree with you. Its like Honda & Toyota compare designs & intentionally remove one thing & add to the other & vice versa, just soo we can have some thing to talk about.

But really, Honda gearbox issues gives toyota an edge. Yet u find some people who will gladly buy a Honda accord, knowing fully well that they may have to replace the gearbox at some point.

@topic, personally, I'm 45% in favour of a Camry 2004 SE model (with d back spoilers, fog lights, slightly darkened headlamps, alloy rims - 4 cylinder) & 55%in favour of a 2005 Honda accord EX (4 cylinder).

Oh well, i'm confused too rite? I KNOW cheesy When d tym comes, money will determine.

If u end up choosing the EOD, avoid the 2003(heard d gearbox issues are more common in this model year) & treat your gearbox like an egg. Use only specified ATF & watch your driving habits.

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by 19naia(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2012
I drove a SUBARU legacy AWD 1999 model from 2002 until 2007...I had only front end problems and 0xegen sensor problems..any way my point is to say that i went to the dealer mechanic and i said i think maybe transmission has problem,he said "guarantee its not gear box,because i have never seen a SUBARU gear box damaged in my life....Camry in USA has recently undergone recall for manufacture errors and also other toyota products..honda had maybe 1 recal for manufacture error and that started when they moved the factory for toyota and honda to USA...USA does not make cars as good as europe and japan....Honda is #1 in risk to be stolen...Camry sells less cars than honda accord now....The world record car for mile/kilometres on the road is a toyota land cruiser from around 1979 year and it is still on the road today after many rebuilds and maintainance..It has driven throughout africa in the bush/rough roads by a white family researching africas wildlife...Toyota is best fro off road 4W drive and honda is a close race with toyota for road sedan cars....I cannot make the choice myslf either...if buying used,you may find that you must choose which is in the best conditoin and not really the best car...if you know how to maintain your cars basic requirements,no problem on either make of car...most bad reputation to cars come from people who want thier car to drive 2 years without ever service the car and then say its a bad car when it breaks down after no service for 2 or 3 years.....Any car that last 2 years without any oil change or other service is a good car and a bad owner....

2 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by basisop(m): 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2012
EOD nearly sent my colleague to the village. Gear box, sensor issues,etc. The guy got my type of big daddy and he has added weight, I don't see his mechanic in the office again like before. I enjoy my V6 machine big daddy without wahala. Just say the car big like coaster bus cheesy

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2012
basisop: EOD nearly sent my colleague to the village. Gear box, sensor issues,etc. The guy got my type of big daddy and he has added weight, I don't see his mechanic in the office again like before. [/b]I enjoy my V6 machine big daddy without wahala. Just say the car big like coaster bus cheesy

[b]Lol . . . That is a good one.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by segcymoor(m): 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2012
As for me 90% of the car that ve shaft problem, u are just driving and what u see is one leg don bend...is Honda and for this simple reason d last car I will use is Honda product....End of discussion!

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
segcy.moor:
As for me 90% of the car that ve shaft problem, u are just driving and what u see is one leg don bend...is Honda and for this simple reason d last car I will use is Honda product....End of discussion!

Kai . . . Honda don suffer for una hand oh
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Emperoh(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
Looking at all the comments, i trust the guy who set up this thread woulda been more confused after reading this!!

OP follow ur heart and maintain ur call VERY WELL

@Fhemmy,
lately, i have been looking at "unpopular" car models and i am being tempted to give one of them a shot.
Here's my picks lately, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Mazda 6, CX7 and CX9, Volvo S80 and S60, XC90, Mitsubishi Lancer EX, Subaru Outback.
I have also been making mental pictures of those i will see more on the roads to be able to arrive at a decision/

This weekend, or any other time i am more chanced, i do go to ladipo spare parts market to enquire on the parts/
Any other car u wanna add to that list? wink
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2012
^^^ Those are nice rides you have up there.
We just got a 2013 Elantra and loving it so much . . . Hyundai have done so well.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by rockiedink(m): 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
Emperoh: Looking at all the comments, i trust the guy who set up this thread woulda been more confused after reading this!!

OP follow ur heart and maintain ur call VERY WELL

@Fhemmy,
lately, i have been looking at "unpopular" car models and i am being tempted to give one of them a shot.
Here's my picks lately, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Mazda 6, CX7 and CX9, Volvo S80 and S60, XC90, Mitsubishi Lancer EX, Subaru Outback.
I have also been making mental pictures of those i will see more on the roads to be able to arrive at a decision/

This weekend, or any other time i am more chanced, i do go to ladipo spare parts market to enquire on the parts/
Any other car u wanna add to that list? wink

Nice list of cars...the Volvos are legendary for safety and reliability. Just that our mechanics here don't seem to know jack about the brand...who represents Volvo in Naija by the way?

Include in your list the Saab 93, Ford Mondeo...of course we all know the Germans come even before the original list (Audi rocks!!! cool)... When I dig up some more names, I'll come add them here...
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Emperoh(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2012
rockiedink:

Nice list of cars...the Volvos are legendary for safety and reliability. Just that our mechanics here don't seem to know jack about the brand...who represents Volvo in Naija by the way?

Include in your list the Saab 93, Ford Mondeo...of course we all know the Germans come even before the original list (Audi rocks!!! cool)... When I dig up some more names, I'll come add them here...

I am keeping out the German guys for obvious reasons. Upper class.
I am looking at something one can compare with the mainstream Toyota and Honda.
For Ford, a couple of reliability issues made me tarry a bit until i am sure they have got it right.
A foremost multinational drug manufacturer with office in Nigeria is changing their fleet to Mitsubishi from Ford cos of reliability and cost of maintenance.
Not to say they are not good enough but i guess they might have their reasons.

Ford Mondeo? Are they still being produced? I used one and sold it almost immediately. It was a decent car.
Saab? I will read them up in terms of spares. Suzuki should also go up there. The Grand Vitara is every where in Nigeria. I even sold one to a sister last year.

Fhemmmy: ^^^ Those are nice rides you have up there.
We just got a 2013 Elantra and loving it so much . . . Hyundai have done so well.

I am trying to make some clients and Nigerians see beyond the Honda/Toyota hullabaloo. I am glad people are gradually keying into the Kia and Hyundai brands
I read amazing facts about the Mazda Miller Cycle engine and couldn't stop asking why the apathy in Naija and these are pretty cheap compared to their mates in Honda and Toyota. But let's see.

Hyundai designs are something else this year.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by meerkat(m): 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
is orai
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by chucky234(m): 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
rhemal: Talking from experie nce.Toyota is far better n. durable.I've used a tokunboh babyboy before,in less than a year,had to change gearbox,sensor this,sensor that.Hell of a headache,but my 3 years big for nothing is in top shape.Anyday,anytime TOYOTA,better by MILES
You probably bought a savaged Babyboy or lack healthy maintenance culture,my brother has used his 2002 Honda babyboy for a year plus and the ride is still as neat and trouble free as ever.
Accord has been a nice car since the first edition many years ago with a better design over the Camry,EOD is an exceptional ride is a better choice than 2002 - 2004 Toyota Camry.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 21, 2012
i bought my accord 2007 in 2008, i have never had any issue with it over the years, i am so sure of the service record that i am aware if there is any strange sound on the car , my babe use to complain that i luv the car more than her,

i use to own a toyota corolla b4 the accord, the truth is when ever the accord drives by i was always regretting why i bought the coroolla, imagine selling the corolla at a give away price one year later just to buy the accord.

both cars are good but it is a personality thing, are u a fast sharp up moving guy then u go for honda, or are u a relax laid back guy then u go for the toyota. it is like a bmw or a benz.

i heard in japan(not sure) there is a central area where all the car manufacturers come with their design to manufacture parts and engine. so we could say a toyota and honda or even a mazda have the same shelf live as long as they are japanese, but if u are buying a fairly used car u have to be sure of the previous owner before you make such claims, u dont know what he had used it for.

the question you ask yourself is simple, how long do u plan to use the car?? 10 years? 5 years? because i promise you if you are buying a baby boy be expecting it to have upper arm issues by now because it is an old car

if you are buying an EOD be sure of the milleage and the previous owner service record if not u don buy wahala. the Big for nothing did not sell during its prime thats why u can still see fairly new ones on the streets. and they may have clean health bill.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by queenpin: 9:51am On Jun 21, 2012
Both cars are very reliable,but in my opinion Hondas have more beautiful exteriors and interiors while Toyotas last longer and have better second hand value.If am made to choose between the two cars in question I will go for the EOD.But trust me my guy if I can wait a while I will get the new Camry,it beats the asthetics of the Honda and is as durable as any Toyato.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by ronnietilo: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2012
I use the Big for Nothing.. Its a very reliable car and maintenance is affordable. Drove in TERRIBLE flood yesterday and the water got as high as my side mirror(second time in a year).
CAR sailed through while i watched 2 broken down end of discussion.

End of Discussion is actually built with more finesse and luxury with good user feel and experience but camry 2003/04 is more rugged.

Hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by bloodred(f): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2012
Toyota is more durable. Hondas always give trouble. 3 of my colleagues use Honda. The machanic almost works with us. I tease them that they should just have a standing order on their account. There's no month their cars dont go to the mechanic. As for me, my Toyota yaris only visit Elizade for service every 5000km for the last 5yrs. I do not have a mechanic, have never stopped anywhere except to pump tire or buy fuel which by the way lasts almost 2weeks (to & from work. Why do u think banks abandoned Honda for Toyotas. Low maintenance cost & very fuel efficient. For a first car, u need something that wont weigh u down. Just my opinion (I am no car guru).

2 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by kellystech(m): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] ;DCamry is always beta dan honda frm all d sugesstions given above dia is no major problem with camry so I advice Ɣ☺ΰ †✆ go for camry
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Emperoh:
I am trying to make some clients and Nigerians see beyond the Honda/Toyota hullabaloo. I am glad people are gradually keying into the Kia and Hyundai brands
I read amazing facts about the Mazda Miller Cycle engine and couldn't stop asking why the apathy in Naija and these are pretty cheap compared to their mates in Honda and Toyota. But let's see.

That will be nice if you could win the battle, that will give people like us a chance to make something happen too . . .
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Sunbellar: 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
I have been using camry i bought last two yrs without complain. My friend who uses Honda babyboy bought @ thesame time is full of compliants. I encourge u to go 4 camry/toyata products any day any time. For more advise contact me on sunbellar@yahoo.com
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Tinyemeka(m): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
playboy19: I will advice you to go for the Toyota camry any day. You already know my reasons and again, if you're selling them back, you'll have a buyer for the toyota quicker than the Honda. To buy a second hand Honda car, people are always scared. They'll ask you over and over again why you are selling it. Trying to be sure that you're not offloading it cos of gear problem.

And if you are looking for luxury in the toyota camry, give it one. The A/C that comes with the toyota has no match. The speakers are top notch... the only boring part is the dash board of you which you can always buy a car dvd to p[i]i[/i]mp it up...Shikena

A Nissan MAXIMA for a first timer? Is that a joke? You sir knows nothing about cars or driving and maintaining a car in Nigeria.

Op, please stay away from all the cars he listed. As a first timer, they'll make you hate the idea of buying a car for the rest of your life.

True talk. Maxima and Altima cars will put you on nickname and first name basis with all the mechanics in town. You'll regret ever buying a car.

@ OP, as regards your dilemma, Honda has got great body designs and interiors. The car engine performs better than the Camry in my opinion. Downside: a lot of owners have complained about the gearbox. Treat your car well and it'll serve you well. That's all. The Camry is roomy all-round but is spartan in the interior. I will choose the Honda to the Camry anyday.

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by ask4double(m): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
I used a toyota camry for over two years and i must confess the car is so user friendly u can even carry out routine maintenace urself. one exceptional feature about the camry is its gearbox, The tramission is so smooth during accelaration and deaccelaration u can hardly notice the gearbox @ work. ITS THE CAMRY ALL THE WAY.......

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
I am sure the OP by now gets the message . . . Lol
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
Pls do not buy that matchbox called big 4 nothing that motor is the definition of boring. Its ugly, bland and not fun. Its an old mans car.
Buy the eod get a good mechanic n do your maintainance religiously with right fluid. The ride is sleek, its rugged, its the ac na thermocool, the interior is luxurious. You will not be mistaken for a driver cos its a young mans ride.
END OF DISCUSSION

3 Likes

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
gist4real: Pls do not buy that matchbox called big 4 nothing that motor is the definition of boring. Its ugly, bland and not fun. Its an old mans car.
Buy the eod get a good mechanic n do your maintainance religiously with right fluid. The ride is sleek, its rugged, its the ac na thermocool, the interior is luxurious. You will not be mistaken for a driver cos its a young mans ride.
END OF DISCUSSION

Mostly Toyotas are boring, when you look at the dash, but how about the mechanical reliability of the ride?
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Osio: 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
I had earlier mentioned that I use a Hyundai XG 30. I ll be frank with u, get a Geely car and a Toyota car and use them roughly and tell me either of them would last more than 1yr. The point I m making is that provided no factory defect exist, the longitivity of your car depends on your useage. I don't use cars more than 1yr so I wont be able to tell you about my XG 30 in 5yrs. Reason I do this is: I won't get bored with the car, and my resale value would be almost the cost/purchase value.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Mostly Toyotas are boring, when you look at the dash, but how about the mechanical reliability of the ride?

My bro Same ni.
i believe if u treat a ride well it will treat u well in return. A car is only as reliable as the way its maintained. Besides if auto gear box is scary buy a manual EOD. i personally hate that big for nothing that ride has no soul.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2012
gist4real:

My bro Same ni.
i believe if u treat a ride well it will treat u well in return. A car is only as reliable as the way its maintained. Besides if auto gear box is scary buy a manual EOD. i personally hate that big for nothing that ride has no soul.

I am talking of no enough toys to play with on the dash of the Toyota unlike the Honda products
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by t2luv: 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
Osio: Big for Nothing, [b]its really big for nothing. Stay off it.
A Honda, i am weary of them, cant tell if they have been able to perfect the creation of a functional and long lasting gearbox.
I currently use a Hyundai XG30, and its serving me wella.
Why not try a Nissan Maxima 2003 - 2007 Model, a Hyundai Sonata 2005-09 Model, A Mazda 6 or a Volvo S60. these are very reliable cars but have it in mind that its all about the way you use them that you would enjoy them.
Cheers

If I am in your position I will go for a Nissan car. Timming Chain over a timming belt any day. Trust me you won't regret it. If you settle for an EOD make sure it has a V6 engine, because Honda V6 comes with a timming chain. Timming chain is warranty for 1 million miles, in essence no need to replace it. Can not say the same thing when it comes to Timming belt.
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Osio: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
At the end of the day, one thing is certain, Big for Nothing and EOD have factory defects. Few pple have been lucky dsnt mean u may get lucky. My advise is stay away from them(B4N & EOD). Get a car without a Factory problem history. Hyundai(Luxury), Mazda(Highly Automotive), Volvo(Rugged & Secured), Mitsubushi(Speed & Economy),
Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
buchio7:
Forget dat joker dat talked abt volvo s60,nissan n hyundai...stick wit toyota..its ideal for both first timers n old timers

You my dear sir are the clown , the two most reliable cars I have driven in my life are Volvos , why do think it has consistently being voted as the safest car in the world. All these una Japanese brittle cars can't stand Germany ( Benz , BMW , Audi and Volkswagen ) and Swedish ( Volvos ) engineering , when it comes to durability , performance and luxury , pricing might be on the high side but they are heads and shoulders above their Japanese counterparts.

1 Like

Re: Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better by rockiedink(m): 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
apocalypse:

You my dear sir are the clown , the two most reliable cars I have driven in my life are Volvos , why do think it has consistently being voted as the safest car in the world. All these una Japanese brittle cars can't stand Germany ( Benz , BMW , Audi and Volkswagen ) and Swedish ( Volvos ) engineering , when it comes to durability , performance and luxury , pricing might be on the high side but they are heads and shoulders above their Japanese counterparts.

Ant trust me, the Volvos aint anywhere near the cost of their German counterparts...

Emperoh:

I am keeping out the German guys for obvious reasons. Upper class.
I am looking at something one can compare with the mainstream Toyota and Honda.
For Ford, a couple of reliability issues made me tarry a bit until i am sure they have got it right.
A foremost multinational drug manufacturer with office in Nigeria is changing their fleet to Mitsubishi from Ford cos of reliability and cost of maintenance.
Not to say they are not good enough but i guess they might have their reasons.

Ford Mondeo? Are they still being produced? I used one and sold it almost immediately. It was a decent car.
Saab? I will read them up in terms of spares. Suzuki should also go up there. The Grand Vitara is every where in Nigeria. I even sold one to a sister last year.

Yes o!!! Forget that they just renamed it Ford Fusion...and their performance after MY 2000 is quite impressive. The 2007-2012 model is quite a good...but I think I love the styling of the soon-to-be-out 2013 model...reminds me of an Asto Martin...Rapide...in fact Ford is also going crazy with their designs now jooo

If Honda thought they had monopoly of designs, make dem wake up ooo! those Koreans and now the pseudo-crazy Americans too don dey sculpt some crazy vehicles.

As for Mazda, the only reason they are unsuccessful is the folo-folo nature of Nigerians...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Car Electrician That Stole Comedian Ogusbaba Wife's Car Revealed / 8 Crazily Unique Beetle Cars You Have Never Seen Before (photos) / Female AAU Student Crushed To Death In Edo State (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.