Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

"I Will Overturn,overturn,overturn" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Will Overturn,overturn,overturn" (1072 Views)

Atheist Give Me Any Evidence That God Doesn't Exist And I Will Prove You Wrong / Pastor Christ Okotie- I Will Get Married Again In December - / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Will Overturn,overturn,overturn" by ichuka(m): 7:06pm On Jun 17, 2012
"I will overturn,overturn,overturn,it:and it shall be no more,until He come whose right it is;and i will give it Him...Ezkl21:27"
The above verse have an
immediate and a much wider context.their immediate context is the life-ministry of the prophet.his times were to see the begining of and the carrying forward,of the fulfillment of these words.but there is also an expanded context,and the expanse of that context has not yet reached its final phase.but here in the scriptures much of that expanded context is noted and mentioned.the "OVERTURNING" had begun when the prophet was caused to make that proclamation of Jehovah's intention.the immediate context,then was that of Jerusalem,and Jerusalem as the symbol and representation of the nation which was chosen of God for a purpose,God's special purpose;the nation which had been carefully,painstakingly and patiently constituted and disciplined unto the purpose,and then had so lamentably failed,so tragically missed the mark.unto that nation the words were addressed;"I will overturn,overturn,overturn..untill.." it was a progressive movement unto Christ's second coming.
The reason? The lost distinctiveness as of that nation's life.they have gone out to the world in illicit and forbidden relationship of a spiritual character and the world had been let into them in a defilling and corrupting way,resulting in that which is always and ever an abomination to God-'Mixture'.in and amongst His people there was the lost distinctiveness of their life,the lost vitality in the means which God had provided for the realization of His purpose.He had provided tabernacle and temple,priesthood and feasts,and much more.He had made a great provision in this way,but all was intended to be a vital and effective means to an end,NOT as an end in itself.that vitality had been lost in the temple,priesthood,sacrifices,ordinances,and they had all become a formality,a mere daily routine,something being kept up,something just in itself;a great formalism;without life,vitality in the means had gone and God's deposit was dead in their midst.they have lost the vision as to the purpose of their existence.they were claiming to be a special people amongst the peoples of the earth.they were using His name,but the purpose for which they were the God's people had been los to their consciousness;their vision of the great object and end of God in choosing them among all peoples of the earth had been lost.
They were carving on,but without vision,without purity,without vitality.all that led to this "I will overturn overturn overturn" the prophecies lead to the lost glory in and over the people of God.the glory was lifted up and moved right away,and the Lord says about such a state;"I will overturn,overturn,overturn"overturn,overturn,overturn" 'This cannot go on'...
Re: "I Will Overturn,overturn,overturn" by ichuka(m): 12:16am On Jun 21, 2012
The Church.
"He that hath the sharp two-edged sword..Rev2:12". He's doing an overturning in the churches.the sword is cleaving,dividing,find out,searching and judging,anything that have so largely resulted in the loss of the specific purpose,falls to the sword of the Lord.it is like that,the Lord is saying to the churches in the book of Revelation,as representing the whole church,the same things as He said to Israel here."I am not a bit interested in or concerned with your religious form,I am not a bit interested in or concerned with much religious or christain activity,'I know thy works' I am not concerned with your profession.the thing for which you were raised up,elected,and constituted is My eternal purpose concerning My Son,that in all things He might have the pre-eminence,occupying the first,the full,and final place.anything that falls short of that or contradicts that must come under the sword"."I will overturn,overturn,overturn" judgement begins at the house of God and God always begins with the elders,and the leaders,when He begins to judge His sanctuary..Ezekiel9:6,1Peter4:17.the church in general is going to meet the sword,is going to meet to be dealt with in this way and there is going to be a whole lot of activities and works and professions are all going through the sword,going to be overturned,overturned,overturned,inorder to get to that end which God has appointed.and what is true of the whole Church will be true of any local company of believers,if the Lord sees unreality,sees hypocrisy,mere formality,making His divine things just an end in themselves,sees us turn in on ourselves and not ministering to and forging toward the great end,progressing and developing fullness of Christ,the Lord will,sooner or later overturn that local company,upset it,will bring the sword in and will scatter and will break down and overturn it.it is the history of many a company of the Lords people who have become mere formal and traditional,having lost their vitality and their vision......
Re: "I Will Overturn,overturn,overturn" by ichuka(m): 10:55pm On May 19, 2017
..That in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ. (Ephesians 1:10)

There is one comprehensive and all-embodying truth which, if it really gained the complete mastery of our hearts and dominated our whole consciousness, capturing our will, our hearts, and our minds, would really revolutionize everything, just as the new covenant represents a revolution from the old covenant. The great truth which embodies everything is this: that God has determined that nothing which is not Christ shall remain, and He is working toward that end, on the one hand to rid this universe of everything that is not Christ; on the other hand to fill this universe with that which is Christ. That means that God does not accept or recognize anything whatever that is not Christ. Then again, it means that God puts His seal upon what is Christ, and it is all a matter of the measure of Christ. It is a tremendous thing when that really does come to our hearts with the force and the power which it really does represent. It explains everything of God's dealings with us. It gives us the key to our problems. It sets us at once upon the highway of God's own purpose.

(1) (Reply)

Religion / Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke / Mysteries In Dreams And Revelations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.