Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Still On Lawan Farouk’s Bribery Scandal: A Rejoinder! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Still On Lawan Farouk’s Bribery Scandal: A Rejoinder! (578 Views)

"Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder / North East Senators Reject Saraki’s Plea On Lawan / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Still On Lawan Farouk’s Bribery Scandal: A Rejoinder! by tomakint: 1:57am On Jun 18, 2012
I mean what do you call a democracy that is so sick that even the media are all suffering from general amnesia in the face of a grim situation as this “high level bribery scandal” I can bet that by the time the dust would have settled what will be exposed will definitely send shock waves across many hearts – just wait for it! The whole scenario is a ruse and very laughable especially from the press angle that are even expected to be partial and educative in their reports. Think about the case of the ‘giver’ (Otedola) being venerated while the ‘taker’ is being vilipended. If its not madness, tell me how Otedola is also not guilty in this messy case; remember the Farouk Lawan’s led ad-hoc committee revealed trillions of naira (public funds) being misappropriated by some faceless, fly-by-night oil firms in the fuel subsidy regime investigations which also include Otedola’s Zenon Oil company. We are talking about these demons (we all blindly called billionaires) messing with taxpayers money to the tune of trillions of naira and instead of the press to play the “unbiased, impartial umpire” we expected them to be, they are busy magnifying the story of one (the taker) while the other story (of the giver) is being silenced as if Otedola is innocent – what kind of press are we running in this country?

Back to our government, if the reports of the ad-hoc committee where monumental fraud was disclosed which indicted many top flight Nigerian billionaires sympathetic to this government can be fully implemented as promised by Jonathan I will for the first time believe in the seriousness of this administration to fight corruption! This is the time for Jonathan to match words with actions – we (concerned Nigerians) are waiting patiently on this!

(1) (Reply)

Typical Upbringing Of Fulani Herdsmen. / PDP Stalwarts Children Arraigned For 13billion Naira Fraud. / NOA Honours Taxi Driver For Returning Passenger’s N18m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.