Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434590 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by amalektch: 6:52am On Apr 01, 2016
Godiloveu:
Hi house,
My int'l passport has four country stamp i.e benin, cameroun, togo and ghana,.
I ve 800k in my acct
Can i apply for US tourist Visa or schengen tourist visa
I just want to start Building travelling experience, so dat i can be giving a longer visa stay later.
Tnx

Assuming an exchange rate of N300 - $1, your account holds just $2700. Considering a return ticket would cost a minimum of $1500, that leaves you only $1200 for your tourist trip and spending money when you get back home to Nigeria. Your chances of getting a B2 visa to the US is quite slim. You can try the schengen visa.

Also note that for the US, the number of years your visa is valid is not what matters, it is how long you are allowed to stay in the US per visit at the point of entry that counts. It usually won't be longer than 90 days.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by amalektch: 6:54am On Apr 01, 2016
Flobzy4real:
A friend of mine was denied visa when applying immigrant visa to US due to her spouse misrepresentation which she was given alien smuggling. Will it affect her now that she wants to apply for canadian or australian visa with her current spouse as she divorced her former spouse some years.

Thanks.

Australian i can't say but Canadian... definitely. Might as well forget about it.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by teekay213(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2016
worry359:

You can not go to the US just to seek a job.
You can go as a tourist (no work)
You can go as a student (limited work + schooling.)
You can gain a job as a highly skilled worker and your employer will seek a visa for you
Highly skilled is medical doctor or skilled engineer type and very difficult to get.
thanks for the reply.so how do i go about it if i want to sch there,what are the requirement?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
teekay213:
thanks for the reply.so how do i go about it if i want to sch there,what are the requirement?

Read back through the USA school section, there is a lot of information there.
Visit the USA visa online pages and read up information there.

https://www.nairaland.com/2557843/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/310

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
amalektch:

I beg to differ. This is not going to help. Unless he never plans to have his father file for permanent residence for him, this lie will be quickly found out. Why doesn't he just admit the lie now? Although that is a pretty huge omission.
I see your point, but I think he has no intention of having his dad file for permanent residency for him
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dickoflife(m): 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hello, I am in the process of applying for a US student visa and I intend to claim civil union here and that I have kids. Apart from that my sponsor is a marital uncle who is a federal legislature. Will his bank statement and introductory letter be enough proof on his part that we are related?
worry359:

The IMPORTANT things are in red

You were rejected because you did not show strong ties to return after your visit.
Being single is just one lack of the strong ties.
Position in company manager everyone calls themselves manager or CEO even if there are only two people in the
business! Did you supply any proof?
Business importation did you suppl documents, tax certificates, or anything.
You could be selling from stall in the market for all they know.
Earnings, were they backed up on statement and tax returns?

Work on your strong proof that you will return home.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by zoomzu(f): 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Good Afternoon to the very good people on this platform, your well of wisdom shall not run dry.

I needed your candid advise on my application. I am planning to renew my visa for 2 years. I travelled twice on the 6 months that expired last year. I have a good and promsing job, my take home monthly is 150k, which i spend mosty on my buiding project and some other goes into my coy's cooperative. I presently have 300k in my salary account and 1.5m with my cooperative. I just took 800k from my cooperative which was issued to me with a cheque which i deposited into my salary account. Also, huge amount of money comes and goes out of my account (there are couple of my friends i help secure land and they vested all the construction work in my care, they transferred huge cash to my account which i also transferred to those working on thier sites. Hope I stand a chance with this my account. I will be presenting like 1.4m i plan to spent around 500 to 600k on the trip. All other conditions are 100% ok.

Thank you and God bless for the wonderful work you are doing here.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 10, 2016
@vicjustice and justwise. I want to apply for a canadian visit visa. But I'm having issues with the best way to go about the application process to avoid a refusal. I work in a company which is owned by my uncle, so I intend to state that my company is sponsoring my visit. Please what documents and procedures should i follow? I have four different bank accounts, but I intend building up one from now till October.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2016
7Alexander:
@vicjustice and justwise. I want to apply for a canadian visit visa. But I'm having issues with the best way to go about the application process to avoid a refusal. I work in a company which is owned by my uncle so I intend to state that my company is sponsoring my visit Please what documents and procedures should i follow? I have four different bank accounts, but I intend building up one from now till October.

Rejection straight away!
A company can ONLY pay for your visit if the intended reason is trade.
You would need letters from customers or suppliers inviting you and giving details of why.

You need a bank account with a good balance and record of transactions that can be traced. No sudden large unexplained deposits.
Four bank accounts is too many and confusing for the V.O. keep it simple.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by usewisdom: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2016
worry359:

Rejection straight away!
A company can ONLY pay for your visit if the intended reason is trade.
You would need letters from customers or suppliers inviting you and giving details of why.

You need a bank account with a good balance and record of transactions that can be traced. No sudden large unexplained deposits.
Four bank accounts is too many and confusing for the V.O. keep it simple.

But i used my uncle's company as sponsor for my UK tourist visa, i did not even claim i work there. I was studying then and i got letter of identification from school, my uncle's company statement of account, cert of incorporation, my hotel reservation, and sponsorship letter from him carrying his company's letterhead, he stated in the letter that he's sponsoring me in appreciation for something special i did for him, he's not living in 9ja, his company is a real estate company in US and i got the visa. When i wanted to renew my visa from 6 months to 2 years i used his company again and my visa was renewed.When i wanted to apply for another visa for Schengen, i used the same again and i got it after schengen refusal and appeal and meanwhile i had valid UK visa then, i still got it at last. Although all this was 11 to 12 years ago. So i am not sure if embassy still accept this method again.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
usewisdom:

But .

Up to you, try if you want, there are always exceptions to any rule.
But the above advise still stands.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by TheArchangel(f): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
Can somebody please share a download links or lists of highly skilled professionals that can migrate to either USA or Canada easily. Thanks.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
7Alexander:
@vicjustice and justwise. I want to apply for a canadian visit visa. But I'm having issues with the best way to go about the application process to avoid a refusal. I work in a company which is owned by my uncle, so I intend to state that my company is sponsoring my visit. Please what documents and procedures should i follow? I have four different bank accounts, but I intend building up one from now till October.
Did you read the opening post of this thread?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
7Alexander:
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by orekelewa07: 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hi, please I wil like to apply for a tourist uk visa I just finished school, and I want to spend two weeks. I have like 1m from my savings and tip. I want to sponsor myself how do I go about it
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
orekelewa07:
Hi, please I wil like to apply for a tourist uk visa I just finished school, and I want to spend two weeks. I have like 1m from my savings and tip. I want to sponsor myself how do I go about it

If you are single and un-employed you will need to try VERY hard to convince them that you have strong ties to return home.
They will not like that you will empty your bank account for a holiday trip, no ties to return again.
Read back to learn a lot more.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Vicjustice:

I did, I just had to read between the lines again.
You noted that i have to adequately convince the VO that I have ties and obligations that will make me return to Nigeria, My question is, how exactly do I do that?
I have no landed property. Single, though engaged. Employed. Have immediate family. Please advise me on how to go about the conviction. Thanks for your consideration. Cc worry359
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
7Alexander:

You noted that i have to adequately convince the VO that I have ties and obligations that will make me return to Nigeria, My question is, how exactly do I do that?
I have no landed property. Single, though engaged. Employed. Have immediate family. Please advise me on how to go about the conviction. Thanks for your consideration. Cc worry359

This is where it is hard for young people.
A letter from your employer stating that you are taking leave and will return to your job will help.
But you need to have been employed for some time, a year or more is better.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by njajuru: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
Greetings to you Vicjustice, Justwise, worry 359 and others in this forum.

Please, for an already employed worker with both Salary and Retirement Savings Acount (RSA) but wish to quit job for further studies in Canada. Where will his RSA be helpful in presenting his financial strength and where/how would he make best use of his RSA during visa application.

Thank you as I await your professional advice.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Bass450: 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
Greetings y'all, please i would like to know how long it takes for the processing of a tourist visa at the Spanish Embassy? Kind response please...?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by rickiross(m): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello, this question is in regards to Canadian visitor visa application.

Currently self-employed and business hasn't been doing well financially, I would like my mother to sponsor my trip to Canada. Is it okay if I just include only her bank statement in my application and my personal tax-filing for the last 2 years + business registration documents from CAC?.

OR

include just my bank account with little cash + business registration + my tax filing + her own account?

Thank You.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
rickiross:
Hello, this question is in regards to Canadian visitor visa application.
Currently self-employed and business hasn't been doing well financially, I would like my mother to sponsor my trip to Canada. Is it okay if I just include only her bank statement in my application and my personal tax-filing for the last 2 years + business registration documents from CAC?.
Thank You.

How old are you?
As an adult you are expected to fund your own holiday not have mumsy pay!
Presenting bank account for a failing business will not give you strong ties to return home.
You do not have a good case at all for the visa officer.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by rickiross(m): 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
worry359:

How old are you?
As an adult you are expected to fund your own holiday not have mumsy pay!
Presenting bank account for a failing business will not give you strong ties to return home.
You do not have a good case at all for the visa officer.

I can pay my own fare however due to my current acct balance I feel THATS where the issue would be. And as u said presenting a bank account for a failing business wouldn't prove strong ties to return home.

I currently have tenants in my property could I include the lease agreement as ties back home?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by amakachigerry: 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
URGENT!!! PLEASE I NEED AN URGENT ANSWER. I WAS REFUSED A STUDENT VISA AT THE US EMBASSY IN ABUJA, CAN I REAPPLY IN ANOTHER EMBASSY IN LAGOS OR MUST I GO BACK TO THE EMBASSY THAT DENIED ME VISA. I AM CONFUSED AND I NEED URGENT ANSWERS PLEASE.

#amakachigerry
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
amakachigerry:
URGENT!!! PLEASE I NEED AN URGENT ANSWER. I WAS REFUSED A STUDENT VISA AT THE US EMBASSY IN ABUJA, CAN I REAPPLY IN ANOTHER EMBASSY IN LAGOS OR MUST I GO BACK TO THE EMBASSY THAT DENIED ME VISA. I AM CONFUSED AND I NEED URGENT ANSWERS PLEASE.
#amakachigerry

You can re-apply at any embassy, but remember they will all have access to your records on computer.
You need to address and correct the reason for your refusal before applying again.

And do not post all in capitals, it is like shouting.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by amakachigerry: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
URGENT!!! Please can the school in US that gave me admission be of any help in facilitating my acquiring a student visa when i have all the supporting genuine documents and the embassy still refuse to grant me a visa.
Also in your own thought, which embassy is better in granting visas? Abuja or Lagos?
Can reapply immediately or do i have to wait for some weeks or months. My session will be starting by August.
Finally, my supporting documents are bearing April dates, do i need a to get another documents with fresh dates when reapplying (Bank statements and letter of sponsorship).
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
njajuru:
Greetings to you Vicjustice, Justwise, worry 359 and others in this forum.

Please, for an already employed worker with both Salary and Retirement Savings Acount (RSA) but wish to quit job for further studies in Canada. Where will his RSA be helpful in presenting his financial strength and where/how would he make best use of his RSA during visa application.

Thank you as I await your professional advice.
If for instance someone is depositing a thousand Naira monthly toward his "Retirement Savings Acount", where will his RSA be helpful in presenting his financial strength and where/how would he make best use of his RSA during visa application?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by amakachigerry: 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
PLEASE URGENT!!! Please can the school in US that gave me admission be of any help in facilitating my acquiring a student visa when i have all the supporting genuine documents and the embassy still refuse to grant me a visa.
Also in your own thought, which embassy is better in granting visas? Abuja or Lagos?
Can reapply immediately or do i have to wait for some weeks or months. My session will be starting by August.
Finally, my supporting documents are bearing April dates, do i need a to get another documents with fresh dates when reapplying (Bank statements and letter of sponsorship).
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
7Alexander:

You did read the opening post and yet you asked the very questions that were analysed?
Well, you might also want to read from this link, it will help you:
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
amakachigerry:
PLEASE URGENT!!! Please can the school in US that gave me admission be of any help in facilitating my acquiring a student visa when i have all the supporting genuine documents and the embassy still refuse to grant me a visa.
Absolutely no, the school can not influence your visa application nor do they interfere with diplomatic issues.

amakachigerry:

Just like asking which is heavier between 1kg of water and 1kg of sand, or which is faster between the front and rear wheel of a car.

amakachigerry:

You can reapply any time, but it's not recommended if the reason for previous refusal is related to finance.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by andry21: 5:20am On Apr 14, 2016
Thanks for these kind information. Really it's need for all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.