Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:34 AM

Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots (14211 Views)

Heavy Explosions, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri / Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano / Explosions, Gunshots At Gwange Area In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by rabzy01: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
Damaturu, capital of Yobe State presently under gun and bomb attacks. More details soon.
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
rabzy01: Damaturu, capital of Yobe
state presently under gun and
bomb attacks. More details
soon.

yet another visitation and crying is expected from GEJ while his people are dying as a result of his lukewormness , i shake my head in disbelief
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by supoade: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
El-Rufai..... he is right after all

3 Likes

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Alxmyr(m): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
supoade: El-Rufai..... he is right after all

That what?
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by seedord247(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
So by 2020 there wont be hausa again. . . Dem go don kill theirself finish.

1 Like

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by omicron(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
rabzy01: Damaturu, capital of Yobe State presently under gun and bomb attacks. More details soon.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165323%3Abreaking-news-damaturu-under-attack&catid=1%3Anews&Itemid=2
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Omexonomy: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
aguiyi:

yet another visitation and crying is expected from GEJ while his people are dying as a result of his lukewormness , i shake my head in disbelief
dont 4get gej is a human being so he might cry when when the comon enemies of man ar misbehaving channel ur energy 2 the state gov local govt chairman legislators both state and federal and the enemy of the commón man who thaugt that that by killing innocent nigerian thay ar fighting the govt in aso rock. I pity the innocent people of the state

2 Likes

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by amosy007: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
oh no..... is it religion of piss again

God save us from islam(a)bad

2 Likes

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by achi4u(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2012
pls who is bombing who now?

And what type of gun and bomb sound are u hearing now?
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by JojoArmani(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2012
Haaaaaaaaaa anoda 1 again after yesterday's bombs in Kaduna. Wat is dis country turning to. God unto ur hands I commit dis country. Baba God pls come and interven.
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by chosen04(f): 7:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
SaharaReporters has just been alerted to reports of massive bombings and gunshots in Damaturu, Yobe State.

The attacks began around 5:00pm, according to witnesses who say that no less the 25 gunshots have been heard. The Joint Military Task Force (JTF) and Boko Haram militants are engaged in ongoing gun battles in the Sabon Pegi area, near the residence of Gov. Ibrahim Geidam.

A local priest has just informed SaharaReporters that the sporadic shootings are still taking place in the New Jerusalem area. He, along with church members, are in hiding as the fighting between JTF forces and Boko Haram members is increasing in intensity.

Sources confirmed that residents are taking refugee in various areas throughtout the city.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/massive-bombings-damaturu-yobe-state-0
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by ismhab(m): 7:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
I am SAD with what happened.
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by carlos86: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2012

...and this is a man that wants to rule us.God punish him
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by ifyalways(f): 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
Odikwa risky.
Bad news everywhere,daily.
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by sadyeek(m): 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2012
[size=16pt]heared there was some trouble in barnawa today as well, that's kaduna.

Imagine some1 saying that's the safest place to be. Smh
[/size]
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by mansmith(m): 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2012
RUN FI COVER
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Ovaiegbe(m): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
Forget the diversionary tactics of Mallam El Rufai. Boko Haram as we have it today is the creation of the northern political elite like himself who think themselves sacred cows. Do we need anyone to tell us that this killings take the partern of killings we read about in other islamic countries? It was El Rufai who said boko haram could not be responsible for the previous killings in Damaturu because the killer were not dressed like mallams. I find his talk this days as the ranting of a sick mind insisting on exercising his freedom of speech.

8 Likes

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by remmyton(f): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
who is blaming GEJ now? What is the governor and the police commissioner doing about all this to ensure safety in their states? God into your hand I commend the Eastern part of Nigeria, please see us through from this impending doom, through Christ our Lord, amen

1 Like

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Tyche(m): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ovaiegbe:
Forget the diversionary tactics of Mallam El Rufai. Boko Haram as we have it today is the creation of the northern political elite like himself who think themselves sacred cows. Do we need anyone to tell us that this killings take the partern of killings we read about in other islamic countries? It was El Rufai who said boko haram could not be responsible for the previous killings in Damaturu because the killer were not dressed like mallams. I find his talk this days as the ranting of a sick mind insisting on exercising his freedom of speech.
El-rufai has gone mad.
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by lacasa: 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
if nigerians were not high on tibalism n sentiments, they wld be axin the same qtns El-rufai ia axing?

Wat apend τ̅o Abu-qaqa? Kabiru sokoto? Abu-darda??

Abi they think we αv 4gotten.

if GEJj is not harbouring bokharam like He is with the Subsidy thieves let him tell Nigerians wat is happening!

2 Likes

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Johndoe100(m): 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
A very intelligent post.

Ovaiegbe:
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by rrhostomy(m): 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
By giving this blood s*ckers audience and placing their exploits on d frontpager of newspapers...we strenghten and encourage. We can't just look over this issue but if we maybe reduce the attention this crazies get, they might b discouraged when there is no more movie at the cinema. Gbmss. God bless ur soul.

1 Like

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by WebsiteDesigner: 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
The child that says his mother shall not rest, shall not rest himself... Food for thought -for Boko Haram, and their sponsors.
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Akpan107(m): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
remmyton: who is blaming GEJ now? What is the governor and the police commissioner doing about all this to ensure safety in their states? God into your hand I commend the Eastern part of Nigeria, please see us through from this impending doom, through Christ our Lord, amen
Amen! But they cant be that ''MAD'' to try South...
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by amosy007: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
seedord247: So by 2020 there wont be hausa again. . . Dem go don kill theirself finish.

Hmmm TB joshua
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by 2scorehigh(m): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Once upon a time, Damaturu used to be a very quiet small town locked between the hot flashpoint towns of Maiduguri and Potiskum. Peace was what the little capital can boast of as both Muslims and Christians lived side by side in total peace.

When I left the city, I was always looking forward to the day I will return to relive my reminiscences of my short but enjoyable 11-month stay in Yobe State!

If someone ever told me that I would never have a reason to return to the city of Damaturu where I once had the fun of my life during my NYSC, I would have laughed in his/her face...

It is a shameful pity that things have deteriorated to this extent and I can weep for all those my loved ones whom I left behind in that city whose lives are now in total shambles and completely torn apart for reasons they (will never) know nothing about except that they thought they could get their daily bread in any part of Nigeria...

What an unforgettable and yet regrettable nightmare everything is turning out to be!

I think it is too late to cry for this country!

1 Like

Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Tare55(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]heared there was some trouble in barnawa today as well, that's kaduna.

Imagine some1 saying that's the safest place to be. Smh
[/size]
I would rather be in Barnawa instead of say Rigasa or Tudun wada or even Malawi! Those places are hot beds and haven for terrorists shocked
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by midpoint: 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
i used to think el-rufai was sensible but his comments and stance of late has betrayed him as a man who is very sectional. I have lost all the respect i had for him.
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2012

Quit making yourself sound like a f00l. So the federal government bomb churches? Worthless conspiracy theorists.
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by sadyeek(m): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
Tare55:
I would rather be in Barnawa instead of say Rigasa or Tudun wada or even Malawi! Those places are hot beds and haven for terrorists shocked

[size=16pt]dude, I will never tell somebody to go to barnawa, sabo ect because your a christain. I will not tell somebody to go to rigasa, tudun wa because he's a muslim. I don't advice based on ethnicity, or religion. That's bigotry.

I wil tell a person go to airforce base, army barak etc malali, GRA where the rich folks live and nothing ever, ever, EVER!!! happens there.

Get the idea into your head, we are humans!
[/size]
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by tpapi: 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
seedord247: So by 2020 there wont be hausa again. . . Dem go don kill theirself finish.
u beta wake up fm dat slumber
Re: Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots by Walexz02(m): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
angry shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Election: A Condemnation Of Peter Obi's Stance On Female Governor / Southeast Thanks Buhari Over Niger Bridge, Seeks Shorter Completion Period / Kano IPMAN Directs Members To Sell Fuel At ₦150 Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.