Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA (18428 Views)

Editorial: The Aokoya Gaffe / Boko Haram Likely Killed Chibok Girls In Bama / Boko Haram ‘likely’ To Attack Lagos And Ibadan In Next Few Weeks - AOKOYA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by BlackPikiN(m): 1:06am On Jun 19, 2012
The Islamic extremist group, BOKO HAARAM is likely to attack Lagos and Ibadan before or in the month of July this year, Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA) a pan Yoruba group warned on Monday. “Our observation is informed by the trusted

information at our disposal. Boko Haram thinks the best way to get attention is through sustained attacks, but the surest way to dominate national discuss and stir critical opinions is to take the battle to the country’s economic hub, which is Lagos and Ibadan. That is the new thinking of the Boko Haram leadership” the group said in issued on Monday.
AOKOYA regrets that the political leadership of the South West unfortunately has no concrete plans to curtail the almost inevitable suicide bomb attacks that the Islamic group, Boko Haram may unleash on the largely urbanized Yoruba region, A Yoruba group said on Monday.
According to Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA), the Yoruba self-determination group, the frequent activities of Boko Haram in Kogi State, plus the last weekend bomb attacks on Kaduna city are clear indications that cities in South West Nigeria must be prepared for their own dose of suicide attacks from Islamic fundamentalists pushing for sectarian leadership of the country. The group described the bombing of ECWA church in Kaduna as a calculated attack on the Yoruba people, being the most notable worshipers in ECWA churches across the country.
“We have intelligence information that Boko Haram will attack the largely vulnerable Yoruba cities on or before the month of July this year. We fear the carnage that will result from violent attacks on Yoruba cities. It is naïve to assume that Boko Haram will spare Lagos, Ibadan, Warri or any of the Yoruba cities. At present, the Yoruba political leadership relies on the Nigerian Police and the State Security Service, (SSS). These groups are too polarized, corrupt, inept, politicized, ill-motivated and hunted by low morale to be able to offer any hope for the Yoruba people”, Adedoyin said
The group said that as Nigeria inches towards the 100 years of the forceful amalgamation of the country by imperial lords, the dissolution of the country should be a natural expectation given the tear, sorrow and blood that have characterized the history of the country since 1914. There cannot be any redeemer for a nation that is destined and designed to collapse. We urge the Yoruba people to rise up and work hard to ensure minimum casualty in our search for the inevitable Oduduwa Republic. We seek alliance with the Middle-Belt, Igbos and the South-South, for the greater future of a traumatized population that have been pushed into the cesspool of underdevelopment, hunger and starvation in the hands of a hateful social and political system that offers nothing but destruction and the spilling of human blood.
Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA) said that Nigeria urgently needs the assistance of the international community to prevent the carnage that may arise from the inevitable break-up of the country.
In the statement issued at Ibadan and signed by the group’s Secretary for Internal Affairs, Alhaji Mufatau Adedoyin, AOKOYA said the spate of bombings will not abate simply because the social and political contradictions of a diverse, plural society being forced to live under one law and value has reached its breaking point. “The issue is no longer whether the country will break-up, the real issue now is when and how. The people face the grim reality of either a violent break-up or ceaseless confrontation with blood and anguish in the hands of extremist forces.”

Press Statement June 18, 2012 Ibadan.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/latest-news/47-news/politics/11524-group-alerts-on-boko-haram-plans-to-attack-lagos-ibadan

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by lagcity(m): 1:13am On Jun 19, 2012
black pikin. see ur life? grin bad belle go kill u one day. waiting for destruction of the Great Yoruba people of Africa is like waiting for a crab to blink cool. i don warn u be dat.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by htajz: 1:15am On Jun 19, 2012
confusion everywhere
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Kobojunkie: 1:46am On Jun 19, 2012
Another gang of hoodlums intending to cause havoc with plans to leave the blame at the door steps of Boko Haram. Na yearly event now abi wetin?
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by BlackPikiN(m): 2:16am On Jun 19, 2012
lagcity: black pikin. see ur life? grin bad belle go kill u one day. waiting for destruction of the Great Yoruba people of Africa is like waiting for a crab to blink cool. i don warn u be dat.

I see news post am here, u con dey attack BlacpikiN.

Abi BlackPikiN resemble Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA).

You get sense at all?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by shymex(m): 2:17am On Jun 19, 2012
^^^^^I'm happy they called Warri a Yoruba city..

They have spoken!! grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by BlackPikiN(m): 2:38am On Jun 19, 2012
shymex: ^^^^^I'm happy they called Warri a Yoruba city..

They have spoken!! grin

Wetin cncern me with Warri? Is that your expansionist agenda?

I still dont know if you all smoke Cameroon pepper before hitting hard kpa kpa kpa on your keyboards. lol

mumu like you.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 19, 2012
I know the attacks would occur sooner than u think.boko haram attemp is to distabilize d nation and that is possible if lagos is attacked and yoruba retaliated bitterly.religion war is imminent in the country.
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by funshint(m): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2012
I think nw its a sin nt 2 hv a gun or sumtin to defend 'urself!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by pdpiperpippen: 9:36am On Jun 19, 2012
You all are fools for life! The threat of BH is real! When lagos burns I will be d first to laugh. Let's rise to this challenge now before it is late.
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Toks2008(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2012
Laalamed: I know the attacks would occur sooner than u think.boko haram attemp is to distabilize d nation and that is possible if lagos is attacked and yoruba retaliated bitterly.religion war is imminent in the country.

Hmmm,this is food for thaught otherwise i would say that it will be very crazy for BH to ever think of making insurgence in Lagos. Nevertheless, the sponsors of this deadly set may not want to take their act outside the North because of the negative multiplier effect it may have on their interests in the south/west ranging from family ties to business extablishments.
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Akanbiedu(m): 9:37am On Jun 19, 2012
More like "we are bringing BH to SW"

SW leaders need to watch Oga Jonah very well.

Gbawe plese take note. I said it before, SW will most likely be in chaos before 2015 if Oga Jonah is contesting.
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Chanchit: 9:39am On Jun 19, 2012
Addinmean we have a working system in this country, the northerners should not even be allowed to contest in the coming elections, due to the havoc they've wrecked in this country, a ban should be placed on them, until stability returns to the country, then they may come back for 2019, but if they try that one, the bombing would just increase, so if the northerners are above the law, then breaking up is in-evitable...

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by teetee1: 9:41am On Jun 19, 2012
No apologies, but make the yorubas feel wetin we dey feel for north too, shebi na una smart pass wey no allow naija divide since (biafra). Munafikis (hypocrites)....mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! una neva start to fear, e remain small...
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Jabioro: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2012
Ironically! Fresh air everywhere.
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by belovedaja(m): 9:45am On Jun 19, 2012
I hope the police,sss and army will respond effectively
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by folowo(m): 9:45am On Jun 19, 2012
May God safe us o
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by funshint(m): 9:48am On Jun 19, 2012
4get d army, their brodas are bokoharam members. They hv no protection to offer southerners!
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by gbadexy(m): 9:49am On Jun 19, 2012
I think these AOKOYA are just seeking relevance, how did the gather there intelligence, this is the first time of hearing them.
The southwest has never seriously entertained the notion of seceding and it is obvious from the general utterance and discussions among the people. What the leaders have always clamored for is sovereign national conference and the sole reason for the call is for the practice of true federalism and resource control like we experienced before the civil war.
I think that would really help nigeria because the southwest would look inwards and face their agriculture, the south east too are resourceful, the south south can have their crude oil,and the restless and jobless almajiris would be engaged in their groundnut ad cotton production just like before.
I think the hausas in lagos should really implore there people in the north to help expose their boko haram neighbors because if an attack is made in lagos, judging from the sentiment of the people here, the result would be catastrophic for the hausas here.
I think the government should take note to provide security for them should such attacks happen.
Besides, suicide bombers can't just pack bomb into their honda and drive to lagos, they will be coming gradually with their weapons and have sympathizers here and a place in lagos to launch their attack from.
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:49am On Jun 19, 2012
BlackPikiN: The Islamic extremist group, BOKO HAARAM is likely to attack Lagos and Ibadan before or in the month of July this year, Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA) a pan Yoruba group warned on Monday. “Our observation is informed by the trusted

information at our disposal. Boko Haram thinks the best way to get attention is through sustained attacks, but the surest way to dominate national discuss and stir critical opinions is to take the battle to the country’s economic hub, which is Lagos and Ibadan. That is the new thinking of the Boko Haram leadership” the group said in issued on Monday.

AOKOYA regrets that the political leadership of the South West unfortunately has no concrete plans to curtail the almost inevitable suicide bomb attacks that the Islamic group, Boko Haram may unleash on the largely urbanized Yoruba region, A Yoruba group said on Monday.
According to Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA), the Yoruba self-determination group, the frequent activities of Boko Haram in Kogi State, plus the last weekend bomb attacks on Kaduna city are clear indications that cities in South West Nigeria must be prepared for their own dose of suicide attacks from Islamic fundamentalists pushing for sectarian leadership of the country. The group described the bombing of ECWA church in Kaduna as a calculated attack on the Yoruba people, being the most notable worshipers in ECWA churches across the country.
“We have intelligence information that Boko Haram will attack the largely vulnerable Yoruba cities on or before the month of July this year. We fear the carnage that will result from violent attacks on Yoruba cities. It is naïve to assume that Boko Haram will spare Lagos, Ibadan, [size=18pt]Warri[/size] or any of the Yoruba cities. At present, the Yoruba political leadership relies on the Nigerian Police and the State Security Service, (SSS). These groups are too polarized, corrupt, inept, politicized, ill-motivated and hunted by low morale to be able to offer any hope for the Yoruba people”, Adedoyin said
The group said that as Nigeria inches towards the 100 years of the forceful amalgamation of the country by imperial lords, the dissolution of the country should be a natural expectation given the tear, sorrow and blood that have characterized the history of the country since 1914. There cannot be any redeemer for a nation that is destined and designed to collapse. We urge the Yoruba people to rise up and work hard to ensure minimum casualty in our search for the inevitable Oduduwa Republic. We seek alliance with the Middle-Belt, Igbos and the South-South, for the greater future of a traumatized population that have been pushed into the cesspool of underdevelopment, hunger and starvation in the hands of a hateful social and political system that offers nothing but destruction and the spilling of human blood.
Apapo Oodua Koya, (AOKOYA) said that Nigeria urgently needs the assistance of the international community to prevent the carnage that may arise from the inevitable break-up of the country.
In the statement issued at Ibadan and signed by the group’s Secretary for Internal Affairs, Alhaji Mufatau Adedoyin, AOKOYA said the spate of bombings will not abate simply because the social and political contradictions of a diverse, plural society being forced to live under one law and value has reached its breaking point. “The issue is no longer whether the country will break-up, the real issue now is when and how. The people face the grim reality of either a violent break-up or ceaseless confrontation with blood and anguish in the hands of extremist forces.”

Press Statement June 18, 2012 Ibadan.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/latest-news/47-news/politics/11524-group-alerts-on-boko-haram-plans-to-attack-lagos-ibadan

Points to Note;

1. Since when did Ibadan become an economic hub in Nigeria?! Last time I checked, that city was a dead relic.. More like a Museum of ancient history..

2. How does an attack in Kaduna translate into an attack on the South West?! Is this Yoruba man high on stale Amala or what?!

3. ECWA bombing was a calculated attack on Yoruba people huh?! And he said its because Yorubas constitute the majority of ECWA members.. I laugh in Owambe style.. Apart from the Catholic Church, any attack on any other church can be translated into an attack on Yoruba people.. Yorubas constitute 85% of membership in the following churches;

* Redeemed Christian Church of God.. (RCCG)
* Winner Chapel
* All Celestial Churches/White Garment churches
* KICC
* All pentecostal Churches that have a Yoruba man as the founder..

Even shrines sef..

4. Since when did Warri become a Yoruba City?! undecided

5. This guy is a typical Yoruba noise maker.... Nobody is after Yorubas.. Its Igbos in the North that are being targeted.. Reason being that Ndi Igbos share nothing in common with them.. from culture, traditions to religion..

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Hoodrat(m): 9:50am On Jun 19, 2012
They better don't bring their nonsense to the west. Bunch of uneducated fools.
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by bizz(m): 9:52am On Jun 19, 2012
So what would u have them do....at least for a start
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by piragirl(f): 9:54am On Jun 19, 2012
teetee1: No apologies, but make the yorubas feel wetin we dey feel for north too, shebi na una smart pass wey no allow naija divide since (biafra). Munafikis (hypocrites)....mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! una neva start to fear, e remain small...

no problem,as long as ur family perish first, idiota lik u...

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 19, 2012
Kobojunkie: [s]Another gang of hoodlums intending to cause havoc with plans to leave the blame at the door steps of Boko Haram. Na yearly event now abi wetin?[/s]

ode oshi !
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by funshint(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2012
Infact I'm suspicious of dis group called "AOKOYA". Who do they rep. and wat do they stand 4? Any statement that is nt 4rm OPC shld be nullified. I blive dis are PDP elements wit d kind of aspersions being casted at SW leaders!
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Detongue: 9:57am On Jun 19, 2012
Hope dey will start boobing lagos from Agege (mushalashi ahlaja) were ala kubar is done every friday
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by oluMyderz(m): 9:57am On Jun 19, 2012
teetee1: No apologies, but make the yorubas feel wetin we dey feel for north too, shebi na una smart pass wey no allow naija divide since (biafra). Munafikis (hypocrites)....mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! una neva start to fear, e remain small...

sharaaap dia! fool! idiot! i go like kno wch part of naija u belong to b4 i yab u further. OPONU!
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2012
Neoviper147 , onome25 ( m ), Sweetypie , egerenesion , easy ( m ), DD01 ( f ), alextywo ( m ), Willzkid ( m ), piragirl ( f ), onye_ngbu* , rusher14 , tebill ( m ), Westadon , Alamutatalo , z.anthony ( m ), meetkris ( m ), gentotega , Mahatma Ghandi , tomietush ( m ), agoha_vivi , Mavrick2012 , Domaro , menix ( m ), aposki ( m ), oluMyderz ( m ), espn ( m ), mr_man ( m ), munky ( m ), Uzoonyibo , prettyrich ( f ), Onim's ( f ), gbolio4 ( m ), folowo ( m ), Willy7 ( m ), redfly ( m ), mimmo , easydone , Ojo34 , chimuchi ( f ), soma042 ( m ), Bojiboji , ifihearam , manchy7531 , Ren2004 , BigBenoski ( m ), emmyswagz ( m ), oluchioke ( f ), Xion , boneruns ( m ), tuhott ( f ), ayo4arthur ( m ), Detongue , Superuser , majour ( m ), ~Bluetooth , kokomuolo , babestella , caprock ( m ), speaktoinzaghi , knotty ( m ), ibrokay ( m ), gbadexy ( m ), teetee1 , kanmifad , alongeyink , worldbest ( m ), Spirit of Okija , lastround , laurelxy , emmanuelson20 , spiaggia , sholadoma ( m ), funshint , taydel , Saloze , Jodesky ( m ), twinkle. ( m ), Seedorrf and 157 guest(s)

I guess most of this people live in lagos...'nobody one die but dem one go heaven'(in tuface's voice) cry
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by ifihearam: 10:05am On Jun 19, 2012
I am in lag as well as my family,but to be very candid where is the security in lagos?
If boko haram dares sef,hw can they be fished or stopped,its just innocent hausas that has been here for years that will suffer while the perpertrators are long gone.
Have you ever gone to shoprite for instance,very porous,no security at all.
So imagine they target such places,God forbid but these are the mostly poulated place which lacks security.

Na only God just dey save us
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by oluMyderz(m): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2012
Relgion or tribal war? am confused o!
Re: Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA by ebamma(m): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2012
waiting mode activated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions / Sanwo-Olu Praises Professionalism Of RRS Official Assaulted By Driver / SDP to form alliance with Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.