Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Lawangate: There Was No "Marked Dollars" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawangate: There Was No "Marked Dollars" (699 Views)

Amaechi, Wike, Fresh Showdown: A Contest Marked With Blood / PDP Releases List Of Key Members Allegedly Marked For Death By APC / New PDP HQ Marked For Demolition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawangate: There Was No "Marked Dollars" by maasoap(m): 8:42am On Jun 19, 2012
I strongly believe that there was no "marked dollars" given to Farouk as it is being claimed by Otedola and SSS. I'm saying this because when the money was being given to him, he wouldn't have known at that time that the money was "marked" and based on that assumption, they wouldn't expect him to go and keep the money under his bed. The SSS should have known that the man would start spending, sharing and/or depositing the money into his bank accounts immediately. They should have known that the money would disappear immediately after collecting it. It doesn't make sense for you to be saying that you gave a "marked" money as a bribe to unsuspecting bribe taker and you allowed him to walk away and keep the money for many weeks without touching it. Why should you allowed your evidence to disappear before your face? Did they expect Farouk to keep the money as evidence of collecting bribe against himself? He was supposed to be arrested immediately after collecting the said bribe so that the evidence would not disappear.
I believe that if truely there was 620,000 dollars bribe, the money was not marked. I believe that if the 620,000 dollars is still intact in Farouk custody, I would rather believe Farouk than Otedola and the SSS. This is because if the money was marked, Farouk would have destroyed the marked dollars by now and replaced it with unmarked ones. And whatever he presents before the judge is what the judge will work on.
Did the SSS expect Farouk to start spending the money so that they could retrieve it but the man simply destroyed the money and replace it with unmarked ones? I believe that SSS have lost here because they will never have marked dollars back but unmarked dollars. What do you think guys?
Re: Lawangate: There Was No "Marked Dollars" by inspirenet: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2012
shocked Interesting!
Re: Lawangate: There Was No "Marked Dollars" by maasoap(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2012
inspirenet: shocked Interesting!
Was it not funny? They wanted to use the "marked money" to nail him and they still allowed him to walk away with the same money and at the same time allowed the money to be in his custody since April. It was like they wanted him to be a witness against himself and present evidence ("marked dollars"wink against himself. What a bunch slowpokes, retards and stup!d fellars calling themselves SSS! That's was I concluded that there was no "marked dollars". But president Jonascam has achieved his aim, settling his electioneering campaign debt through subsidy scam and getting away with it by using all necessary means to rubbish the subsidy probe report thereby preventing Nigerians from getting to the root of the scam. Because, how on earth would somebody who was a vice-president when #245billion was being used to finance fuel subsidy open his eyes and allow #3trillion naira to fund fuel subsidy as a president?
Re: Lawangate: There Was No "Marked Dollars" by BlackBaron: 7:56am On Jun 20, 2012
I'm hoping you understand that marked currency doesn't necessarily entail bills stained subtly with paint rather the serial numbers are recorded.
What remains to be seen is the traceability of the said money in the Nigerian system.
Quite odd they haven't being able to find it yet.
Re: Lawangate: There Was No "Marked Dollars" by maasoap(m): 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2012
BlackBaron: I'm hoping you understand that marked currency doesn't necessarily entail bills stained subtly with paint rather the serial numbers are recorded.
What remains to be seen is the traceability of the said money in the Nigerian system.
Quite odd they haven't being able to find it yet.
And the reality is that they will never find it. Whether it will be identified by serial numbers or paint or ink or microchip, they will never get the same notes back unless it wasn't marked.

(1) (Reply)

Condemn Boko Haram, Clark Dares IBB, Buhari / Is Dino Melaye A Human Rights Activist? / Dear Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, Lambs Can Cry...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.