Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

I Need A Niche To Work On - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need A Niche To Work On (767 Views)

I Am Confused On What Niche To Associate My Domain With / 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche / 5 Most Profitable Niche To Start Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Niche To Work On by shorxynla(m): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2012
Hello people. I want to design a site but I need a niche to specialize on. Your advice are welcome
Re: I Need A Niche To Work On by Afam4eva(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2012
Only you can decide the niche you want to go into and this should b informed by certain things. First, it's imperative that you choose a niche that you're quite familiar and knowledgeable about. Don't just choose a niche because it pays more because you may not get a penny from it.
Re: I Need A Niche To Work On by yawatide(f): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
Do what I did - look around you for areas that people are running away from...then run right into it, full swing smiley

People will say you are crazy but hey, you end up keeping all to yourself, as opposed to the slim pickings that everyone else is going for.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Need A Niche To Work On by shorxynla(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
Do what I did - look around you for areas that people are running away from...then run right into it, full swing smiley

People will say you are crazy but hey, you end up keeping all to yourself, as opposed to the slim pickings that everyone else is going for.

Good luck!
Tannks can you please give me some examples.
Re: I Need A Niche To Work On by darkhand: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2012
Find an evergreen niche, mine it. When u make some money, rinse and repeat with another niche.
Re: I Need A Niche To Work On by affectionate(m): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
Success does not come by chance, go for that niche in your mind, the money may not come fast but keep working and you will see wonders in just a little time
Re: I Need A Niche To Work On by yawatide(f): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
In my case, many people (in particular, Nigerians) were staying clear of doing websites for Nigerians because among other reasons: They don't pay well, they don't pay on time, they ask for far more than they pay you for, etc. I decided to buck the trend and go to the Nigerian community for precisely the very reasons others ran away.

Sure, I have had a few bad customers and it was very slow at first but eventually it picked up. I also learned from "the other side" and found out that they too had been victims of "our people" and so didn't exactly trust me either. I thus set about to prove to them that there are Nigerians who can be honest, while at the same time educating them on why it isn't in their best interest to pay me a low rate and why they need a professional to handle their website. I even have had a few ask me, "Are you sure you are a Nigerian? I mean, the typical Nigerian I know doesn't act the way you do." I figured I would do my best to dispel the myth and by the time the competition comes along, I would have established myself as the person to go to for websites in the community.

Now, after 7 years doing freelancing and over 75 sites, I can proudly say that:
1) 80%+ of those sites belong to Nigerians
2) 99% of those sites were based on referrals from my Nigerian clients

I hope this helps.
Re: I Need A Niche To Work On by shorxynla(m): 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Thank you all for your contribution. I have to start now

(1) (Reply)

Hives Causes And Cures Or Hives 5 Hour Energy / Please, Which Software Was Used For Kasuwa / Get A Free 30-day Trial On SEO Campaigns for your blog/website...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.