Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,670 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church (1158 Views)

Christianity; The Reason For Science / Could Sin Be The Reason For Joblessness? / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
When a church sets a list of doctrines which cannot be challenged , because they are allegedly based on the bible , this is akin to telling people that only the church can lead you into all truth and not the Holy Spirit.

Yet the bible says that as many as are led by the Spirit , they are the sons of God.

God even says if we need wisdom we should ask and we will receive it liberally. He also promised us his Spirit for a purpose, to bring all the teachings of Christ to our remembrance and to impress them on our souls so that we will take heed , obey them and teach others to do the same.

Yet, churches and many pastors are acting 'god' in the lives of many believers, preventing them from experiencing spiritual growth and progress, treating them like babes and not allowing them to exercise spiritual discernment.

Peter, an apostle told the believers to desire the sincere milk of the word so that they will grow, but our churches today tell us to desire the 'sincere' doctrine of their church that we may remain in their cult.

Another reason for the deception and why we are tossed around with every wind of doctrine is because we do not read our bibles, we do not meditate on the word of God, we do not seek his wisdom like we do for gold and silver or hidden treasures, instead we rely on the interpretations of men who may quote and twist a number of verses, usually , out of context to support their positions. Unlike the Bereans , we swallow it all, hook line and sinker.

We spend hours watching Television and expect to grow, we spend hours on the laptop watching videos that have nothing to do with God or salvation, we spend hours attending to earthly matters and we rely on others to do the donkey spiritual work for us , by attending church once a week to hear ear tickling sermons about wealth and prosperity.

No wonder many are deceived , and guess what , God said they deserve to be deceived, because they refused the love for truth, a strong delusion will be sent to them to believe a lie.

Brothers and Sisters, my advice to you is READ YOUR BIBLES , SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES , Ask God for Wisdom , ask for the Holy Spirit to open the eyes of your spiritual understanding so that you will properly divide the word of God like a good workman who will not be ashamed.

God bless.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
Some scripture related to the topic :

"Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming." - Ephesians 4:14

"Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth" - 2 Timothy 2:15

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him" - James 1:5

1 Kings 3:9 [/b]So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?"

[b]Psalm 51:6
Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

[b]James 3:17 [/b]But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Goshen360(m): 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
frosbel: When a church sets a list of doctrines which cannot be challenged , because they are allegedly based on the bible , this is akin to telling people that only the church can lead you into all truth and not the Holy Spirit.

Yet the bible says that as many as are led by the Spirit , they are the sons of God.

God even says if we need wisdom we should ask and we will receive it liberally. He also promised us his Spirit for a purpose, to bring all the teachings of Christ to our remembrance and to impress them on our souls so that we will take heed , obey them and teach others to do the same.

Yet, churches and many pastors are acting 'god' in the lives of many believers, preventing them from experiencing spiritual growth and progress, treating them like babes and not allowing them to exercise spiritual discernment.

Peter, an apostle told the believers to desire the sincere milk of the word so that they will grow, but our churches today tell us to desire the 'sincere' doctrine of their church that we may remain in their cult.

Another reason for the deception and why we are tossed around with every wind of doctrine is because we do not read our bibles, we do not meditate on the word of God, we do not seek his wisdom like we do for gold and silver or hidden treasures, instead we rely on the interpretations of men who may quote and twist a number of verses, usually , out of context to support their positions. Unlike the Bereans , we swallow it all, hook line and sinker.

We spend hours watching Television and expect to grow, we spend hours on the laptop watching videos that have nothing to do with God or salvation, we spend hours attending to earthly matters and we rely on others to do the donkey spiritual work for us , by attending church once a week to hear ear tickling sermons about wealth and prosperity.

No wonder many are deceived , and guess what , God said they deserve to be deceived, because they refused the love for truth, a strong delusion will be sent to them to believe a lie.

Brothers and Sisters, my advice to you is READ YOUR BIBLES , SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES , Ask God for Wisdom , ask for the Holy Spirit to open the eyes of your spiritual understanding so that you will properly divide the word of God like a good workman who will not be ashamed.

God bless.

In addition to the above, Christians NEED to prove ALL things and hold fast to that which is good.

I realized many Christians do not want to drop or change any unsound doctrines and teachings simple because it is/was preached/taught by their denomination and when they come to forum like this, they want to teach us (here) what they had been taught in their church instead of teaching what the sound biblical teachings says.

I gave my life to Christ in a church where they teach some unsound doctrines. I accepted then because I was a babe in the Lord then but as I began to dig deeper into the word of God by myself, I realized many things they taught that was wrong. I encourage every Christian to search the word irrespective of what your denomination teaches. It may take time but slowly and sure, you will know if your denomination is teaching the right or wrong teachings.

Church "A" will teach and say it is right, from the bible. Church "X" will teach same topic as taught by "A" and come up with different stuffs and yet na same bible we all dey quote from. What is the problem? Understanding and context. Often times, unsound teachings are taken out of context to fit the man-made traditional teachings. And no scriptures is of private interpretation. The bible explains itself by using one scripture to explain another. That is, what it means by "no scripture is of private interpretation"

Another thing is, since many of us had being taught some things in the past, we should try to READ INTO the word of God when doing our own study based on the things we had been taught in our denomination. We should empty the "old wine" from our denominational teachings in order to fill with the "new wine skin" of the teachings of the Holy Spirit. Empty yourself of what you had been taught and let the Holy Spirit teach you afresh. There are many study aid available online to also help look up difficult word in our study.

God help us all in Jesus name.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by God2man(m): 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
Here we go again, I have created a topic on this before, must we accept all our Pastors teachings?

How do we know the truth? Or how do we know the person saying the right thing?

For example, this brother has the holyspirit, he is well read in terms of scripture exposition, he said; tithe is forbidden or it has been stopped. Another brother, holyghost filled, very sound in Biblical teachings, he said; tithe is scriptural, it must be paid or given whatever. We now arrive at a crossroads, we do not know who to believe again. I asked the question must we accept all our pastor's teachings. The answer i got was that we should study the scripture and not interpret the scripture out of context.

Christians, where do we go from here?

Frosbel,Goshen360, what do we do?

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Goshen360(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
God2man: Here we go again, I have created a topic on this before, must we accept all our Pastors teachings?

For example, this brother has the holyspirit, he is well read in terms of scripture exposition, he said; tithe is forbidden or it has been stopped. Another brother, holyghost filled, very sound in Biblical teachings, he said; tithe is scriptural, it must be paid or given whatever. We now arrive at a crossroads, we do not know who to believe again. I asked the question must we accept all our pastor's teachings. The answer i got was that we should study the scripture and not interpret the scripture out of context.

God bless you.
God2man.

We allow Holy Ghost to solve the puzzle for us grin grin grin. Anyway, you (God2man) are my/our good brother in the Lord. There is what is called "sound" doctrine. It is a doctrine is proven and tested to be true. Apostle Paul said, "we know in part". I strongly believe in the Grace of Jesus Christ.

In order to answer your question, I will like to ask you some questions maybe 2 or 3 questions if you don't mind.

1. Do you believe in the New Testament or the Old Testament or Both?
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
As a former Christian, I hope I'd give some clues...

As long as
1. Everyone claims to hear from the Holy Ghost
2. Everyone finds a verse to back up his doctrine
3. The Bible remains contradictory in some cases and much open to different interpretations
This confusion will continue to go on... you all have to live with it...

Oh... and Romans 14

Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don’t argue with them about what they think is right or wrong. 2 For instance, one person believes it’s all right to eat anything. But another believer with a sensitive conscience will eat only vegetables. 3 Those who feel free to eat anything must not look down on those who don’t. And those who don’t eat certain foods must not condemn those who do, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord’s help, they will stand and receive his approval.

5 In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable. 6 Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God. 7 For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves. 8 If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 Christ died and rose again for this very purpose—to be Lord both of the living and of the dead.

10 So why do you condemn another believer [a] ? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. 11 For the Scriptures say,

12 Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. 13 So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.

14 I know and am convinced on the authority of the Lord Jesus that no food, in and of itself, is wrong to eat. But if someone believes it is wrong, then for that person it is wrong. 15 And if another believer is distressed by what you eat, you are not acting in love if you eat it. Don’t let your eating ruin someone for whom Christ died. 16 Then you will not be criticized for doing something you believe is good. 17 For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too. 19 So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up.

20 Don’t tear apart the work of God over what you eat. Remember, all foods are acceptable, but it is wrong to eat something if it makes another person stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble. 22 You may believe there’s nothing wrong with what you are doing, but keep it between yourself and God. Blessed are those who don’t feel guilty for doing something they have decided is right. 23 But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Goshen360(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
musKeeto: As a former Christian, I hope I'd give some clues...

As long as
1. Everyone claims to hear from the Holy Ghost
2. Everyone finds a verse to back up his doctrine
3. The Bible remains contradictory in some cases and much open to different interpretations
This confusion will continue to go on... you all have to live with it...

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
lol.. i thought you were aware.... still on ym?
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by God2man(m): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
Why are you asking me this question? You know the answer already, except you want us to start an argument? Although i am ready to learn new things but I detest argument.

For your information read this; 2 timothy 3 :16-17 " All scripture(old and new testamnet) is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect thoughly furnished unto all good works."

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Goshen360(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
musKeeto:
lol.. i thought you were aware.... still on ym?

Yes am on now.....goshen360@yahoo.co.uk, hit me now,lolz
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Goshen360(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
God2man: Why are you asking me this question? You know the answer already, except you want us to start an argument? Although i am ready to learn new things but I detest argument.

For your information read this; 2 timothy 3 :16-17 " All scripture(old and new testamnet) is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect thoughly furnished unto all good works."

God bless you.
God2man.

Okay. if you are ready to learn as I often learn from you also. I think you still haven't answered that simple question. And in addition to that first question, How do you understand this 2 timothy 3:16-17? Again, do you believe in NT or in OT or BOTH?

What do you understand by 2 tim. 3:16-17 ? We can learn from there. You are a brother with the Holy Ghost, you will know if am teaching heresy or not and we can learn from ourselves. No argument sir, Just learning and proving beyond "ALL" contradiction.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by JeSoul(f): 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
I think the scripture Romans 14 that Muskeeto quoted is absolutely central to this issue.

It is fine if a group of believers choose to live a certain way and decide certain things 'not good' for themselves. Problem arises when they demand that their own personal choices should be applied across the board to all christians - this is the real problem, and unfortunately as long as you have human beings in the equation this problem will always exist because of our nature.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
JeSoul: It is fine if a group of believers choose to live a certain way and decide certain things 'not good' for themselves. Problem arises when they demand that their own personal choices should be applied across the board to all***(People)*** christians - this is the real problem,[/b]and unfortunately as long as you have human beings in the equation this problem will [b]always exist because of our nature.

Don't you think Christianity and all proselytising religions claiming infallibility are guilty of this? If you think it's a bad thing amongst Christians, why is it alright when christians "demand that their peronal choices should be applied across the board"?

Isn't the tenet of the faith, "jesus is the only way to god"?
Opposing gay marriage because, "god ordained it between man and woman".

Hector Avalos argues that, because religions claim divine favor for themselves, over and against other groups, this sense of righteousness leads to violence because conflicting claims to superiority, based on unverifiable appeals to God, cannot be adjudicated objectively. Hector Avalos (born in Nogales, Sonora, México, October 8, 1958 is a professor of Religious Studies at Iowa State University http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Avalos

Do you agree with this quote?
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
Martian:

Don't you think Christianity and all proselytising religions claiming infallibility are guilty of this? If you think it's a bad thing amongst Christians, why is it alright when christians "demand that their peronal choices should be applied across the board"?

Hector Avalos argues that, because religions claim divine favor for themselves, over and against other groups, this sense of righteousness leads to violence because conflicting claims to superiority, based on unverifiable appeals to God, cannot be adjudicated objectively. Hector Avalos (born in Nogales, Sonora, México, October 8, 1958 is a professor of Religious Studies at Iowa State University http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Avalos

I am not sure why this issue of Gay marriage particularly concerns you sha grin
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by JeSoul(f): 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
^Hello Alien Martian,

Martian:

Nope, don't agree with the quote and I think we should seperate issues...

If I claim that I believe Jesus is the only way - this belief is of no consequence to anyone but me - proselytizing regardless, and as long as I'm not infringing on your rights (this is where many 'christians' & 'churches' err (disturbing the peace etc), and I'll concede you that). This fits in perfectly with my take on Rom 14 - my personal belief should not be "forced" on you. And keep in mind Rom 14 is referring to cupcake issues christians (typical of every other human) tend to latch on and bicker about while ignoring the bigger picture.

The quote (at the bare bones) insinuates that holding a personal belief leads to violence - that is a quick & lazy position to take I think. While it is true that many under the cloak of religion have taken up arms against their neighbor - I would argue that many also under the cloak of religion have done incredibly great, compassionate works. I have never been violent towards anyone, and no christian or muslim for that matter that I know has ever been violent.

I am of the school of thought that religion merely amplifies what a person already is. Which is why we see religion motivate people towards great good or great evil. If religion wasn't the convenient cloak of choice, they would use something else as justification to be violent towards others.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
JeSoul: ^Hello Alien Martian,
Nope, don't agree with the quote and I think we should seperate issues...
If I claim that I believe Jesus is the only way - this belief is of no consequence to anyone but me - proselytizing regardless, and as long as I'm not infringing on your rights (this is where many 'christians' & 'churches' err (disturbing the peace etc), and I'll concede you that). This fits in perfectly with my take on Rom 14 - my personal belief should not be "forced" on you. And keep in mind Rom 14 is referring to cupcake issues christians (typical of every other human) tend to latch on and bicker about while ignoring the bigger picture.

Bad thing that you're in the minority.

JeSoul: The quote (at the bare bones) insinuates that holding a personal belief leads to violence - that is a quick & lazy position to take I think. While it is true that many under the cloak of religion have taken up arms against their neighbor - I would argue that many also under the cloak of religion have done incredibly great, compassionate works. I have never been violent towards anyone, and no christian or muslim for that matter that I know has ever been violent.
I am of the school of thought that religion merely amplifies what a person already is. Which is why we see religion motivate people towards great good or great evil. If religion wasn't the convenient cloak of choice, they would use something else as justification to be violent towards others.

the quote is from a section about religion/violence and I just thought it applied if the violence is replaced with "conflict". I agree with the rest though.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by JeSoul(f): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
Martian:
Bad thing that you're in the minority.
Oga I am embarrased by such topics opened by christians such as
"should females wear trousers" "should women speak in church" "you must pay tithes to the mog" "my church is better than your church" etc etc
While I'll be the first to agree that the bible can be read & interpreted in many ways that lead people to declare certain beliefs as law, those same people deliberately forget scriptures like Romans 14 that would easily dispel much misinterpretation, strife and self-righteousness.

and perhaps, be more appealing to atheists such as yourself. Perhaps smiley.

the quote is from a section about religion/violence and I just thought it applied if the violence is replaced with "conflict". I agree with the rest though.
Conflict is certainly different from violence. And I would say that conflict is the nature of human beings, appearing in every facet of our existence, with or without religion, race, culture, education etc etc. Conflict I think is also not always bad, it can refine us and teach us about peaceful co-existence.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by buzugee(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
Frosbel, Its like going to the market and expecting not to see traders and merchandise. its like going to the strip club and not expecting to see butt nekkid hunnies. of course there has to be confusion in church. who can pull out a clean thing from an unclean thing ( job 14 vs 4 ) ? the church is an illegal den of iniquity. the place is a social gathering place for old women who are bored at home, single middle aged women who want husband, randy pastors, greedy pastors, people who want to showcase their latest outfits, people who want to display their latest dance moves when they catch the holy ghost, men preying on vulnerable women and whatnot. ACTS 17 VS 24 The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in CHURCHES built by human hands.
THE PLACE IS A NATURAL DEN OF CONFUSION. TO EXPECT OTHERWISE IS AKIN TO HOPING PIGS WILL FLY
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
Thread didn't even get to two pages..
[size=4pt]Does it have anything to do with Romans 14[/size]
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by italo: 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
God2man: Here we go again, I have created a topic on this before, must we accept all our Pastors teachings?

God bless you.
God2man.

@ Frosbel and Goshen360,

I pray you guys answer this question candidly and honestly.

Everybody 'hears' from the Holy Spirit and everybody proclaims different doctrines, so how can we know who is proclaiming the true doctrine of Christ?
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
italo:

@ Frosbel and Goshen360,

Everybody 'hears' from the Holy Spirit and everybody proclaims different doctrines, so how can we know who is proclaiming the true doctrine of Christ?

Thank you Italo, I appreciate your humility.

Not everyone hears from the Holy Spirit. God is not an author of confusion.

"You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ." - Roman 8:9

"for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints." - 1 Corinthians 14:33

If we follow the Holy Spirit we can never be mislead, we must test all things including spirits, otherwise we will run with visions and dreams that have not come from GOD.

1. Test all things you have ever believed.

"but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good." - 1 Thessalonians 5:21

2. Test the spirits

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Some people , so called prophets have claimed to see visions and had spiritual encounters without proper validation from GOD and alignment with scripture. One way to avoid this is to test the spirits.

I have been told by many that I am a man of God and all that , but I have ignored all the flattery and stuck to my small place in the kingdom of GOD.

A rule of the thumb is, if we are led into any doctrine that does not line up with scripture, that professes that Christ is not the ONLY way, that God will save the whole world at the end irrespective of man's sin and wickedness, that sin is tolerable, our alarm bells should start ringing.

In summary , SCRIPTURE is our standard not MEN.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Goshen360(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2012
italo:

@ Frosbel and Goshen360,

Thank you for this question again. I had wanted to use this thread to teach something to my other brethren but guess the thread didn't go too far. Am not saying I know ALL but at least, we can use a thread like this to "probably" put an end to some/certain issues when we compare spiritual things with spiritual.

Back to your question and adding to the contribution of Frosbel,

Many of us claim to have the Holy Spirit but when it comes to interpreting the bible, we simple dump this Holy Spirit and start using our own understanding hence, we have so much confusion. Like Frosble said, God is NOT the author of confusion should ALL of us follow same Holy Spirit in us.

Again. Understanding biblical text is key to right biblical interpretation. The Bible says what it means and mean what it say.

Another thing is tradition. Many of us come here to argue traditions we have grown up with rather than search/find out if those traditions of men in our churches are really right and sound teachings. There are many traditions I grew up with from my early church but no longer believe them to be true and sound biblical teaching today because I have searched the scriptures by myself. I can go on and on but I will rather stop at these two main point. However, I still like to ASK God2man some basic questions as I intended at the beginning of this thread.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by danwo: 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
Goshen360:

Thank you for this question again. I had wanted to use this thread to teach something to my other brethren but guess the thread didn't go too far. Am not saying I know ALL but at least, we can use a thread like this to "probably" put an end to some/certain issues when we compare spiritual things with spiritual.

Back to your question and adding to the contribution of Frosbel,

Many of us claim to have the Holy Spirit but when it comes to interpreting the bible, we simple dump this Holy Spirit and start using our own understanding hence, we have so much confusion. Like Frosble said, God is NOT the author of confusion should ALL of us follow same Holy Spirit in us.

Again. Understanding biblical text is key to right biblical interpretation. The Bible says what it means and mean what it say.

Another thing is tradition. Many of us come here to argue traditions we have grown up with rather than search/find out if those traditions of men in our churches are really right and sound teachings. There are many traditions I grew up with from my early church but no longer believe them to be true and sound biblical teaching today because I have searched the scriptures by myself. I can go on and on but I will rather stop at these two main point. However, I still like to ASK God2man some basic questions as I intended at the beginning of this thread.

The reason is because you jettisoned the church's "law of gravity" that was keeping you grounded after finding a better one; the "law of aerodynamics" that keeps you in flight whilst in the air. grin grin

There are many "laws of gravity" in the church. They turn people turkey, a hindering factor. Blocking an enabling environment to rise high in the air or fly like an eagle. Just as you work out your salvation you need to work out which ones of the "laws of gravity" to drop/discard and the "law of aerodynamics" to embrace as when/if arrested on a matter/issue and convicted on it by the spirit of Truth
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by danwo: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
God2man:

Here we go again, I have created a topic on this before, must we accept all our Pastors teachings?

God bless you.
God2man.

When you were young, you accept everything told. When you are grown, come of age or transition to maturity, you dont necessarily have to accept all your Pastors teachings. And if you do, then you will be in same shoes as the Israelites. They; the Israelites, stayed at a distance and said to Moses, "You speak to us, and we will listen. But don't let God speak directly to us, or we will die!"

Now not all pastors are very humble man or more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth as Moses was and since you cant 100% vouch pastors motives or credibilities, then the buck stops with God, in regards to knowing the truth or how to know the person saying the right thing.

God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

Let God speak directly to you. Listen to God. There really is not much more to do than doing that.
Re: The Reason For So Much Confusion In The Church by Goshen360(m): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
I can't see brother God2man on board again so we can use a thread like this to rescue Christians,lolz.

Bro. God2man, Where art thou?

(1) (Reply)

Allegations Againist Islam's Prophet / Another Pastor And Private Jet / Born Again Christians.pls Contribute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.