Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO (20024 Views)

CANCER: NAFDAC Raises Alarm Over Bleaching Creams / Nigerians Top Cannabis Smokers? / Dangers Of Using Clobetasol Skin Bleaching Creams ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
otumfour: oh no! W.H.O, they ain't bleaching......its their ibo color.....lmao!!!!!!! grin grin

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by noiseless: 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
NWOBODO DA BLOODY USELESS GOVERNOR. I GIVE HIM 98%.
gbomo jomo: I know for sure Alao-Akala is responsible for 97% of its usage in Nigeria.

Jim Nwaobodo 90%
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Fred53: 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
Pls describe the best maintainance for the skin
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Fred53: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
Pls what is the right maintainance for the skin
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by phreakabit(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/735407_AkalaTura_jpgd73a06b8052512f2ef5d14c9b1b51366

@Ganys, for the image above. . . . I don't care what level of intellectual proficiency anyone else exhibits, I'd still vote your post, as the post of the year. . . Thanks for that pic. Totally made my day!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Ezeufi: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
The self calling jews of enugu are the ones who do this grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by phreakabit(m): 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ezeufi: The self calling jews of enugu are the ones who do this grin grin grin
Get a life. . . . You drown in the ocean of stup!d!ty.
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by otumfour(m): 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ezeufi: The self calling jews of enugu are the ones who do this grin grin grin

Lmao grin

Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin

Hope u good sweet
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
Good as ever lol
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Ganys: 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
phreakabit: www.nairaland.com/attachments/735407_AkalaTura_jpgd73a06b8052512f2ef5d14c9b1b51366

@Ganys, for the image above. . . . I don't care what level of intellectual proficiency anyone else exhibits, I'd still vote your post, as the post of the year. . . Thanks for that pic. Totally made my day!
Bros, You are welcome...Im Happy to make you smile
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Sisterfatie(f): 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Toning cream are is bleaching cream.

You can't say just because cake has flour it's bread. A lot of the products we use have similar ingredients.

A toning cream does not change your skin tone from what it naturally is, a toning cream tones your body so that your skin tone is unified.
be decieving urself. Toning=Bleaching slowly if u are doing it just stop before u turn ur skin to rainbow colour.
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Litmus: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
This should please some unfortunately ignorant and frankly brainwashed Blacks of the diaspora who love to believe that fair complexion is a sign of admixture with Europeans. This type of people dearly love to believe that Africans are very dark skinned while they, Caribbean and Afri-americans come in many complexion because they are mixed.

Now, I have no issue with anyone getting some sort of warped sense of worth from being mixed or saying that they are mixed but i do have issues with the concept that fairness is proof of mixed heritage.

Whatever the WHO means or however people want to interpret what WHO meant, the fact remains that Nigerians come in many complexions and Nigerians generally arn't as dark complexioned as people from many other parts of Africa. Moreover, Nigerians can be often very fair and do have eye colors from dark brown to light blue. I have relations who are very fair and have slate grey eyes and light brown (cat eyes)and we are all pure Nigerians. Some of my relations with light colored eyes and fair skin are sometimes ignorantly mistaken for mixed race and others, who are simply only fair-skinned are often accused of bleaching, which can be irritating and frankly offensive.
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
as my igbo pple would say "iru fanta okpa coke"(facial colour is fanta, knee colour is coke).what of eucharia anunobi? abi she sef no dey bleach?
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by icez: 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
cool
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by TheGeneral1(m): 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Nonsense. I've yet to meet a bleached Nigerian. And the number of bleached Nigerians aren't even that many on Nollywood.

Which Nigerians are able to afford bleaching creams? undecided
you are a fuul! So u think Nollywood is fair representative of Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
The General: you are a fuul! So u think Nollywood is fair representative of Nigeria?

No I don't.
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
Sister fatie:
be decieving urself. Toning=Bleaching slowly if u are doing it just stop before u turn ur skin to rainbow colour.

Nigerians are so uneducated it's not even funny. cry
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
Jim Nwobodo skin is now in a mess.

Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by TheGeneral1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Source
And Nigerians have been blamiming Ghanaians for bleaching their skins! Meanwhile ghana was never mentioned in the report? Nigeria is always first in negative things in Africa!
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
IBB don turn half caste! Analyze both pictures

Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
Danka7777: Jim Nwobodo skin is now in a mess.

You're worried about his skin? Look at that face! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Yeah, he is very handsome!
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by EPOMA(m): 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Nonsense. I've yet to meet a bleached Nigerian. And the number of bleached Nigerians aren't even that many on Nollywood.

Which Nigerians are able to afford bleaching creams? undecided
Wey you dey na
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by sweetgala(m): 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
This report is seriously flawed, both mathematically and in every other way conceivable. undecided undecided angry
Like one previous poster wrote the notion that 70% (105-110 million) of Nigerians if we take the population to be about 150 million use and abuse bleaching creams is absurd. Tura and similar products would lead the polls as the most widely available and used type of toning soap and I don't think 105 million of the world's Finest Citizens use them(it's a sales figure Tura manufacturers can only dream of).

Now we have been told the Northern parts accounts for 50% of our population of 150 million so they must have a lion's share of this figure, so can any sane Nigerian picture a northerner spending his/her precious funds on tura or expensive bleaching creams.
I can't picture some foreigners patrolling the streets of kano/kaduna to compile a report and if they left Nigerians to do such task they(W.H.O) should go get their money back. grin grin
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by EPOMA(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
badesco: At last Nigeria top the list.Clap for Naija.
Well we could with relation to our population
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by EPOMA(m): 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
sweet_gala: This report is seriously flawed, both mathematically and in every other way conceivable. undecided undecided angry
Like one previous poster wrote the notion that 70% (105-110 million) of Nigerians if we take the population to be about 150 million use and abuse bleaching creams is absurd. Tura and similar products would lead the polls as the most widely available and used type of toning soap and I don't think 105 million of the world's Finest Citizens use them(it's a sales figure Tura manufacturers can only dream of).

Now we have been told the Northern parts accounts for 50% of our population of 150 million so they must have a lion's share of this figure, so can any sane Nigerian picture a northerner spending his/her precious funds on tura or expensive bleaching creams.
I can't picture some foreigners patrolling the streets of kano/kaduna to compile a report and if they left Nigerians to do such task they(W.H.O) should go get their money back. grin grin
I never believe in any statistics given by WHO or any other organizations about countries in Africa sha. Country reps always inflate figures to get more fundings
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by mrperfect(m): 11:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
We want good news.
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by sweetgala(m): 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
EPOMA:
Well we could with relation to our population

But the report never gave a numerical figure but rather a percentage.
What I can conclude is that a percentile rank has been replaced by a percentage.
If we take example:
If 6 million DRC use bleaching cream and 15 million Nigerians do, the percentile rank of Nigerian compared to DRC is higher by about 80% but 15 million is still a tenth of the Nigerian population, where the 6 million might represent 50% of DRC population
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 22, 2012
Yellow fever!
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by HighChief4(m): 12:34am On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ileke why dont you stop uploading your pics here on NL, not really a good sight to behold(I mean this in a good way)
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 22, 2012
High_Chief:

Ileke why dont you stop uploading your pics here on NL, not really a good sight to behold(I mean this in a good way)

rotflmao!!!
Re: Nigerians, Top Users Of Bleaching Creams — WHO by MacLovington(m): 1:29am On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Why am I not surprised grin grin

Ileke my sister, it is true oo.

I saw a couple recently after several months. I was shocked to the marrow. The husband's own was more shocking. Both were looking like pawpaw that was ripened by force. A diaspora man of over 50 still bleaching? His knuckles looked like those of Zaire women(probably the bleaching champions of the world). Even their men in Belgium/France. See Koffi Olomide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Can Make 100-year-old Woman Pregnant — Nigerian Fertility Expert / Period Twice In A Month / 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.