Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? (1021 Views)

We Will End Boko Haram By December – Army / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Francuiz: 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
We have all critized GEJ but none of us have made suggestions as to how to solve this challenge. Keep ur posts rolling
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
^^^ remember "he has no shoes" grin
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by optimusprime2(m): 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
There were many countries that were plagued with the menace of terrorism, terrorist groups, suicide bombings et al loooong before Nigeria's Boko Haram scourge, but those countries discovered measures in combating terrorism and adopted effective strategies in which terrorist activities were either curbed, arrested or eliminated. Special covert units/forces were dedicated for that purpose. Major examples; USA & Israel -of which we are all witnesses on how these countries battled terrorism on a much bigger scene.
Obviously they are experienced in handling such, why cant GEJ seek and Invite the assistance of countries like the U.S, Israel, and Russia who CLEARLY have the experts on investigating and cracking terrorism
Instead, of all the dumb things to have done, He chose to Negotiate with Terrorists! can you Imagine shocked
Francuiz: We have all critized GEJ but none of us have made suggestions as to how to solve this challenge. Keep ur posts rolling

There were many countries that were plagued with the menace of terrorism, terrorist groups, suicide bombings et al, looooong before Nigeria's Boko Haram scourge, but those countries discovered measures in combating terrorism and adopted effective strategies that basically countered/eliminated acts of terrorism. major examples; USA & Israel -of which we are all witnesses on how these countries battled terrorism on a much bigger scene.
Obviously they are experienced in handling such, why cant GEJ seek and Invite the assistance of countries like the U.S, Israel, and Russia who CLEARLY have the experience and experts on investigating and cracking terrorism
Why is he wasting time?? Instead, of all the dumb things to have done, He chose to Negotiate with Terrorists! can you Imagineshocked
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by slimming: 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
The issue of BH comes with many face both in politics and religion, so cracking it will not be easy done. The need to engage expert across the world will be necessary.
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by bb6xt(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
I haven't contemplated what I will do had I been in GEJ's shoes but reading your post got me thinking and honestly I have no idea of the best way to tackle the current security challenge, and believe me, I didn't even vote the guy!
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by bb6xt(m): 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
optimus-prime1:

There were many countries that were plagued with the menace of terrorism, terrorist groups, suicide bombings et al loooong before Nigeria's Boko Haram scourge, but those countries discovered measures in combating terrorism and adopted effective strategies in which terrorist activities were either curbed, arrested or eliminated. Special covert units/forces were dedicated for that purpose. Major examples; USA & Israel -of which we are all witnesses on how these countries battled terrorism on a much bigger scene.
Obviously they are experienced in handling such, why cant GEJ seek and Invite the assistance of countries like the U.S, Israel, and Russia who CLEARLY have the experts on investigating and cracking terrorism
Instead, of all the dumb things to have done, He chose to Negotiate with Terrorists! can you Imagine shocked

There were many countries that were plagued with the menace of terrorism, terrorist groups, suicide bombings et al, looooong before Nigeria's Boko Haram scourge, but those countries discovered measures in combating terrorism and adopted effective strategies that basically countered/eliminated acts of terrorism. major examples; USA & Israel -of which we are all witnesses on how these countries battled terrorism on a much bigger scene.
Obviously they are experienced in handling such, why cant GEJ seek and Invite the assistance of countries like the U.S, Israel, and Russia who CLEARLY have the experience and experts on investigating and cracking terrorism
Why is he wasting time?? Instead, of all the dumb things to have done, He chose to Negotiate with Terrorists! can you Imagineshocked

I think the poster's question is very clear; "What will you do if you were in GEJ's shoes". This is not a medium for further criticism (am sure we've all given a fair share of that already!), nor for documenting other countries approach which may or may not work in our own situation.
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by captainbraide: 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
FOR ME,THE BEST APPROACH IS TO CREATE A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN BORNO STATE.I AM VERY SURE IT IS GOING TO YIELD VERY GOOD RESULT.IT IS JUST LIKE CUTTING OF SUPPLY LINES OR BREAKING THE CAMELS BACK.THEN FROM THERE,ANY FURTHER PROBLEM FROM ANY OTHER STATE RECEIVES THESAME TREATMENT.
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by madejibo: 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
GEJ has no shoes, so the question/topic shouldn't arise
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by madejibo: 12:00am On Jun 22, 2012
captainbraide: FOR ME,THE BEST APPROACH IS TO CREATE A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN BORNO STATE.I AM VERY SURE IT IS GOING TO YIELD VERY GOOD RESULT.IT IS JUST LIKE CUTTING OF SUPPLY LINES OR BREAKING THE CAMELS BACK.THEN FROM THERE,ANY FURTHER PROBLEM FROM ANY OTHER STATE RECEIVES THESAME TREATMENT.
GEJ has no liver to declare state of emergency not even in Otukpo
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 22, 2012
Dis post is so lame...have u suddenly forgotten dat Gej n PdP r d sponsors of BH If i were in Gej's position...do u think der wud b anything like BH Mind u..GeJ is a tribalist...check out his comments...after d oct1 blast..who did he accuse?? D north..despite d claim by mend...check out his retinue of staff in aso rock...majorly bayelsans...what is diepreye alamieseigha doin in aso villa?? What has he don to kabiru sokoto and d rest of dem?? Wen last did he visit borno state or yobe or kaduna to discuss locally with d residents of d community d way obj used to visit all communities evry month Mr poster...sorry to say...but ur post is very lame n blind to reality..gej n pdp r bh...goodday
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by faithin9ja: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2012
I would appoint Buhari and El-Rufai to head the task force of eradication of Boko Haram
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Almaiga: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2012
I will arrest and procecute all the sponsors . This would cripple there operations.
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2012
madejibo: GEJ has no shoes, so the question/topic shouldn't arise

Mr.chippychappy:
^^^ remember "he has no shoes" grin

Question rephrased: "If you are in GEJ's ankles..." Ankles rather than feet. I'm sure his feet get crust like old garri.

Like Almaiga, I would tackle the BH problem from those in government and any remaining sponsors first. Without money, BH can't go far.
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by 1025: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2012
We have all critized GEJ but none of us have made suggestions as to how to solve this challenge. Keep ur posts rolling

@o.poster,
what is the essence of making suggestion to a cabal that has different agenda? if i am jonathan(God Forbid), i will just kill corruption and every other ungodly issues in the country will die a natural death.
let there be justice.
if jonathan send just one minister or one senator to 10 solid years imprisonment, nigerians will sit up. i am not talking about the obasanjo type of justice. i am talking about an independent judge or justice system finding one guilty and punishing him.
in which country of this world have u seen a rich man like otedola coming out to tell the country that he bribed a man selected to persecute him? at the end of the day, lawan will go free and otedola will go free and why won't boko haram strike?
the truth of the matter is that boko haram is a pdp arm of violence through which bloods are donated to their occultic kingdom.
if boko haram is out to fight pdp and the federal govt, i will be a fully registered boko haram member without fear or favour.
after all the revolution in libya was called rebel at the start of it but ended up as the govt.
let me see any violent group that is against this govt and i will join to kill them and their family members but u can't point to any pdp member that has been killed so far.

1 Like

Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2012
Buy as much drones as possible and raze down all IDENTIFIED terrorist hideouts and also deal with the sponsors of terrorism in PDP.It's always hard to dialogue with terrorists !
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:57am On Jun 22, 2012
GEJ's apologists should stop all these what-would-you-do-if-you-were-in-his-shoes tactics abeg! Not everybody can know what to do cos not everybody can be president. not everybody is equipped with the necessary attributes of a leader and THAT is why leadership is NOT for everybody but for just a few people who have what it takes. Our own job as the electorate is to search for make sure that we only install only the people who have what it takes and make sure we make them accountable to us. Shikena!
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2012
~Bluetooth:
Buy as much drones as possible and raze down all IDENTIFIED terrorist hideouts and also deal with the sponsors of terrorism in PDP.It's always hard to dialogue with terrorists !

Make one drone miss road air strike Aso Rock. Those corrupt officials are no better than BH.
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 22, 2012
Sweetlemon: GEJ's apologists should stop all these what-would-you-do-if-you-were-in-his-shoes tactics abeg! Not everybody can know what to do cos not everybody can be president. not everybody is equipped with the necessary attributes of a leader and THAT is why leadership is NOT for everybody but for just a few people who have waht it takes. Our own job as the electorate is to search for make sure that we only install only the people who have what it takes and make sure we make them accountable to us. Shikena!

I'm sure you casted your vote for buhari last year cuz it sounds too late asking for accountability now?
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 22, 2012
ogugua88:

Make one drone miss road air strike Aso Rock. Those corrupt officials are no better than BH.

Corruption and Terrorism are a product of the collapse of the value system,so bomb will just be fine to deal with their menace once and for all.Where is that dude planning to build a nuclear bomb ?
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Sweetlemon(f): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I'm sure you casted your vote for buhari last year cuz it sounds too late asking for accountability now?

Sadly, I was a big fan of Uncle Jonah. I was so impressed with his seeming 'meekness' and mistook it for humilty. I was so sure he was our messiah! Not every GEJ critic is a Buhari supporter (I am not) In fact most of us are his ex-fans
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2012
Sweetlemon:

Sadly, I was a big fan of Uncle Jonah. I was so impressed with his seeming 'meekness' and mistook it for humilty. I was so sure he was our messiah! Not every GEJ critic is a Buhari supporter. I am not. In fact most of us are his ex-fans

You are a disappointed fan I guess but I do hope you wont be deceived in 2015 again.I have always known jonathan to be a fraud even beaf knows that.
Re: If U R In GEJ'S Shoes What Will U Do To End Boko Haram Attacks? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 22, 2012
some of us will keep insisting that Boko Haram is more religious than politics and because they receive sympathy/support from the average Northern Moslem and politician, it will be hard to stop.

Sometimes when I read some posts here on Nairaland, I begin to wonder what happened to the analytical minds of adults or is Nairaland a haven for kids?

How can someone compare Israel and America with Nigeria?

The terrorists that America and Israel fear are external aggressors, while in Nigeria, the enemy is within. Tell me how Israel will survive her trained soldiers/police are aiding and abating the Palestinian militants?

When i look back from when I was a kid, the killings in the Northern Nigeria in the name of religion and or politics has been a tradition.

You guys can blame Jonathan for all you can yet be informed if you have ears that the only solution for this madness is to restructure Nigeria.

Food for thought:
What do I have in common with a guy who believes that killing me will grant him a place among spirit virgins?
What is the National Ideology of Nigeria as a country and can a man from Rivers State have that same ideology with a man from Sokoto?

Until we sit down and tell our selves the truth, blood will continue in Northern Nigeria, It did not start with Jonathan, neither will it stop with him.

As for what I can do if I were him,

1. set in motion policies that will grant true federalism to all regions: This true federalism will be the regions should manage their resources, have their own police and fashion out the kind of economy they want.

2. make haste to call for a national conference.

3. if any of those 2 fails,

Work hard to disintegrate Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SaharaReporters: Azazi Axed As National Security Adviser / 'In Oyo, People Now Sleep With Their Two Eyes Closed' / Achebe Will Be Not Be Getting Any Money From That Book.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.