Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram (13341 Views)

Call For Caution, Before You Vote Saraki As The Senate President / Demonising Tinubu, And The Limit Of Lies....lateef Raji / Ambode throwing T-shirts Along Lateef Jankande Road from his car(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
Islamic Leader Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram - But It May Be Too Late
Posted: June 21, 2012 - 19:24

Lateef Adegbite
By SaharaReporters, New York
[size=15pt]The Secretary General of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs[/size], Alhaji Lateef Adegbite, on Thursday pleaded with the United States not to label the Islamic militant sect, Boko Haram, a terrorist group. But the deed may already have been done.

Adegbite, who spoke with reporters at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, said since Nigerians are doing everything possible to address the matter through dialogue. America should move with caution.

Further, it would be difficult for the American government to know the members of the sect, adding that any action precipitously carried out, could have serious repercussions.

“How do (the Americans) know who is Boko Haram and who is not? … [size=15pt]They may see someone like me with my long beard and think I am Boko Haram[/size],” he said, half in jest.

“So, the implication will be very serious. We are appealing to (the U.S.) to give Nigeria more time to [size=15pt]dialogue with our people[/size] and we hope we will reintegrate them into our fold. So they should move ahead slowly.

But Adegbite’s pleas may have come too late. Three leaders of Nigeria's Boko Haram Islamist group were just designated as terrorists by the US State Department. The move means any assets belonging to the men in the US will be frozen, and contact with US citizens banned. It also means they may be targeted for murder by a U.S. drone.

The three are Abubakar Shekau who leads the militant group, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid el Barnawi, the latter two believed to ​ have close links to al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb, which the U.S. previously designated a terrorist organization.

Adegite warned: “The people of this country must ensure that this does degenerate into the situation like that of Afghanistan, Somalia and Mali now. We are too sophisticated for that and therefore, we must stop the drift and arrest it.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/islamic-leader-begs-us-caution-boko-haram-it-may-be-too-late
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
[size=15pt]DIALOGUE WITH OUR PEOPLE[/size] . hahaha God don dey catch all of them one by one , small small dem go use their mouth talk through .

Now we know that :
1. The Islamic council in Nigeria are fully in support of Boko haram
2. Boko haram has built strong networks within Nigeria particular the North and South west considering the fact that Mr Adegbite is a yoruba man (remember Suleiman Mohammed , The Yoruba Boko haram mastermind that was arrested about 2 months ago ?) .
3. Mr Adegbite knows the people behind Boko haram and if our SSS are serious about the security of this nation then they MUST apprehend Mr Adegbite.

11 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by ibide(m): 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
You know ur people talk to them not our people

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by icez: 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
ibide: You know ur people talk to them not our people

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 11:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
Why am I not surprised that a member of a certain tribe is defending these animals.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
^^^
That same tribe was begging the north not to leave Nigeria some time ago and now this, I really do think this tribe is our problem.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
You guys are real ediooots.

The man is not pleading on behalf of boko haram. Can you precisely quote him on that?

“[size=18pt]How do (the Americans) know who is Boko Haram and who is not?[/size] … They may see someone like me with my long beard and think I am Boko Haram,” he said, half in jest.

This is what you assume was a plead?

If you look at him with a neutral mind, you'd understand that he's pleading for you imbecilic Nigerians.

aWhen the USA went to fight "terrorism" in Iraq, how long did it take them? How many lives were lost? Did the USA know who was who? What did Iraq benefit from it?

fools.

11 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
I've said it before, I don't trust these Americans .

Anywaz, Anambra just discovered oil well no? Let them kuku come and helep us grin

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by fstranger6: 12:42am On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Anywaz, Anambra just discovered oil well no? Let them kuku come and helep us grin

I just discovered oil in my basement. kuku come and help me . . .
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 12:58am On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Very hypocritical of someone who lives in the U.S.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by EzeUche(m): 12:59am On Jun 22, 2012
Yeske!:
^^^
That same tribe was begging the north not to leave Nigeria some time ago and now this, I really do think this tribe is our problem.

That is why we can never turn our back to them. We might find a couple of knives in our back.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 1:02am On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
You guys are real ediooots.

The man is not pleading on behalf of boko haram. Can you precisely quote him on that?

This is what you assume was a plead?

If you look at him with a neutral mind, you'd understand that he's pleading for you imbecilic Nigerians.

aWhen the USA went to fight "terrorism" in Iraq, how long did it take them? How many lives were lost? Did the USA know who was who? What did Iraq benefit from it?

fools.
Olodo, can't you take note of the bolded the OP highlighted before commenting?

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 1:04am On Jun 22, 2012
EzeUche:

That is why we can never turn our back to them. We might find a couple of knives in our back.
Ike gwulu nwanne
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 22, 2012
Yeske!:
Olodo, can't you take note of the bolded the OP highlighted before commenting?

1. The bolded part does not correlate with the topic title.
2. I clearly addressed the bolded part
3. Once again, can you insignificant fools quote Lateef where he pleads on behalf of Boko haram?

Yeske!:
^^^
[b]That same tribe [/b]was begging the north not to leave Nigeria some time ago and now this, I really do think this tribe is our problem.

LMAO. Mr. I-am-not-a-tribalist.

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by koruji(m): 1:16am On Jun 22, 2012
Admitedly, the man is blinded by religion - and you must know that Lateef Adegbite has always pitched his tent with the more radical form of Islam practiced up north than the more moderate down south. That is the angle from which Alh. Adegbite is approaching this. He is afterall the Sec. Gen. of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs by the grace of his northern partners.

I do believe they need to change their viewpoint quickly before BH consumes everyone with their madness.

Still, you went too far - and I would have said that you need your head examined with the kind of statements you made below grin grin grin You put yourself in the same category as El Rufai who keeps suggesting GEJ is behind Boko Haram. They are too blinded by religion and ethnicity to see that BH has dangerous designs, and that they themselves are fodder for those evil plans.

It is the absence of cool heads that is doing Nigeria in - everyone is always trying to prove they are right!!!

Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]DIALOGUE WITH OUR PEOPLE[/size] . hahaha God don dey catch all of them one by one , small small dem go use their mouth talk through .

Now we know that :
1. The Islamic council in Nigeria are fully in support of Boko haram
2. Boko haram has built strong networks within Nigeria particular the North and South west considering the fact that Mr Adegbite is a yoruba man (remember Suleiman Mohammed , The Yoruba Boko haram mastermind that was arrested about 2 months ago ?) .
3. Mr Adegbite knows the people behind Boko haram and if our SSS are serious about the security of this nation then they MUST apprehend Mr Adegbite.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 1:28am On Jun 22, 2012
koruji: Admitedly, the man is blinded by religion - and you must know that Lateef Adegbite has always pitched his tent with the more radical form of Islam practiced up north than the more moderate down south. That is the angle from which Alh. Adegbite is approaching this. He is afterall the Sec. Gen. of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs by the grace of his northern partners.

I do believe they need to change their viewpoint quickly before BH consumes everyone with their madness.

Still, you went too far - and I would have said that you need your head examined with the kind of statements you made below grin grin grin You put yourself in the same category as El Rufai who keeps suggesting GEJ is behind Boko Haram. They are too blinded by religion and ethnicity to see that BH has dangerous designs, and that they themselves are fodder for those evil plans.

It is the absence of cool heads that is doing Nigeria in - everyone is always trying to prove they are right!!!

Na God go bless you and i hope Ileke-Idi would read this post as she was blind enough not to read the OP's. Nuff said.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 22, 2012
Yeske!:
Na God go bless you and i hope Ileke-Idi would read this post as she was blind enough not to read the OP's. Nuff said.

Seems like God has not blessed you with a good eyesight.

So this is what you understood from the bolded? Olodo

Yeske!:
^^^

4 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 1:32am On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LMAO. Mr. I-am-not-a-tribalist.
Congratulations, you just won yourself one million dollars.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 22, 2012
Yeske!:
Congratulations, you just won yourself one million dollars.

How did your tribalism win you a million dollars?
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Beaf: 1:36am On Jun 22, 2012
Adegite warned: “The people of this country must ensure that this does degenerate into the situation like that of Afghanistan, Somalia and Mali now. [b]We are too sophisticated [/b]for that and therefore, we must stop the drift and arrest it.”

Words of a fool. Sophisticated people do not blow kids up.
What is really wrong with those who use the phrase, "we are too sophisticated" in Nigeria? Are they sick in the mind? angry
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by FSU: 2:22am On Jun 22, 2012
We are too sophisticated for that and therefore, we must stop the drift and arrest it.”

Sophistication = hackneyed word of the YORUBA. Even as they shyyte and pour poo all over the damn place, they will claim sophistication

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Murphy7h4: 3:58am On Jun 22, 2012
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 22, 2012
some people are commenting here based on their mindset! Assuming the topic had been 'Islamic cleric pleads on behalf of BokoHaram' and the name Adegbite was never mentioned in the article?
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by naijaking1: 4:26am On Jun 22, 2012
This big for nothing loud mouth should be ashamed of himself and his religion!.
Did I miss when the secretary general of this religion of piss in Nigeria condemned the bombing of innocent and helpless fellow Nigerians in church 1, church 2, church 3, church 4, church 5, and so on?
Did he condemn his fellow islamic fanatics by the name Boko Haram? What moral authorithy does he have to advice, counsel, or even appeal to the US, and plead on behalf of a terrorist group?
In a real country Adegbite and his like would certainly be in jail, not running around trying to change the topic and creat confusion.

4 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by omosexy1: 4:38am On Jun 22, 2012
These guy is unbelievable. Is he scared? Is he one of Boko Haram sponsors. Jonathan please declare state of emergency in the North, the sponsors will speak up quickly. Gather the homeless into a concentration camp, close up the Northern borders, then start searching houses, you will find your man.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by alex14(m): 6:13am On Jun 22, 2012
Yoruba! Yoruba!! Yoruba!!! When are you oily-soup-eating clowns going to stop licking the smelly ar.ses of ewusa/fulani people. Has is really come to this? I can understand Yoruba's bowing down to the north, but I'm really appalled at Yoruba's becoming spokes-men/spokes-women for a northern terrorist sect like boko haram.
I tire for these folks! How the hell did I end up in thesame country with these people?

When the dungeon called nigeria finally crumble, I will personally advise my new nation's administration to position a naval fleet/military base in the territorial waters of Odua republic, for we cannot afford to trust these people to think/act right cool.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 22, 2012
Adegbite is too old to remember that Boko Haram has murdered up to 1000 innocent people and there is no going back. They are terrorists now and there is no negotiations with terrorist. I propose GEJ declare State of emergency on the affected states and remove the governors, military administrators should take over the running of those states, other governors will sit up.
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by NaMe4: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2012
alex_101: Yoruba! Yoruba!! Yoruba!!! When are you oily-soup-eating clowns going to stop licking the smelly ar.ses of ewusa/fulani people. Has is really come to this? I can understand Yoruba's bowing down to the north, but I'm really appalled at Yoruba's becoming spokes-men/spokes-women for a northern terrorist sect like boko haram.
I tire for these folks! How the hell did I end up in thesame country with these people?

When the dungeon called nigeria finally crumble, I will personally advise my new nation's administration to position a naval fleet/military base in the territorial waters of Odua republic, for we cannot afford to trust these people to think/act right cool.

grin grin
Oh boy!
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by icez: 9:23am On Jun 22, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Malawian(m): 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
Thought they said boko haram wasn't islam and wasn't fighting for islam? How come top islamists are now pleading for them? Doesn't take much to look stupid for some people!

4 Likes

Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by icez: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2012
Malawian: Thought they said boko haram wasn't islam and wasn't fighting for islam? How come top islamists are now pleading for them? Doesn't take much to look stupid for some people!

They are all hypocrites
Re: Lateef Adegbite Begs U.S. For Caution On Boko Haram by Dede1(m): 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
EzeUche:

Bros, it could be doubled couple of knives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Blames Powerful Individuals For Herders And Farmers Clashes / 2019: PDP South East Caucus, MASSOB Okay Atiku/obi Ticket / Adams Oshiomhole Pays Thank You Visit To The Onojie Of Irrua (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.