Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is Majek Fashek A Prophet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Majek Fashek A Prophet (7727 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by snthesis(m): 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
listened to him as child, was surprised to see his greatest song Cd recently, which i bought. i played the content of the album and wow- the lyrics were so deep and insightful - reminds of a prophet crying in the wilderness , unfortunately for this Prophet like Samson - he fell into the temptation his achilles heel was drugs, now he is so lost sad

watdya think- or hav i been smoking too much w[i]ee[/i]d tongue
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by logicboy01: 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
Yep. Even though I am an atheist I believe Majek Fashek and Fela were prophets. The used their music to tell stories about the problems of the motherland.

These musicians have more truth in a rhyme that any pastor/priest has in a years worth of sermons
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by snthesis(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
Majek is not in the league with Fela

Most of Majek's songs talk about d divine- which is why i put dis topic hia
Fela on the otherhand was just a rebel

3 Likes

Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by logicboy01: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
snthesis: Majek is not in the league with Fela

Most of Majek's songs talk about d divine- which is why i put dis topic hia
Fela on the otherhand was just a rebel

Fela was not just a rebel. He was inspiring. He was not afraid to sing the truth.

Majek Fashed for me was talking about hope. Some of his songs were uplifting. eg send down the rain
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Ptolomeus(m): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
well,
I do not know Majek, but in the opinion of friends, whom I respect their opinion, is somewhat interesting.
Too bad I can not speak English in order to hear ... its subject matter I find interesting ...
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by logicboy01: 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ptolomeus: well,
I do not know Majek, but in the opinion of friends, whom I respect their opinion, is somewhat interesting.
Too bad I can not speak English in order to hear ... its subject matter I find interesting ...

Majek fashek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKODy8u1kw
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Ptolomeus(m): 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
@logicboy, dear friend!
It's really beautiful! Very good music!
You have been very friendly! (As always)
Thank you very much.
I have known thank you!

Es realmente hermoso! Muy buena música!
Tu has sido muy amable! (Como siempre)
Muchas gracias.
Yo he conocido a Majek gracias a ti!

Vamo'arriba la celeste!
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Joel3(m): 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
Yes. He is. But i think he got lost due to hard drugs. And really i do love he's music.
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by snthesis(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2012
Ptolomeus: well,

can u further elaborate on the opinions of ur friends
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2012
He is not a prophet, nigeria has been worse all year long even before they were born. They were just singing what was happening then just like barrister,fela, olando, sunny okosun and many more. Its only that we like enduring as a nigerian and some few baboons kept circulating nigerian wealth within their families. Suffering and smiling styles.

1 Like

Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by akigbemaru: 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
Maybe a prophet for the cracked heads since he's one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by SpiritofOkija(m): 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2012
How did this thread about a failed drug addict c'um musician hit the front page Biko nu

1 Like

Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by snthesis(m): 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2012
4bobo: He is not a prophet, nigeria has been worse all year long even before they were born. They were just singing what was happening then just like barrister,fela, olando, sunny okosun and many more. Its only that we like enduring as a nigerian and some few baboons kept circulating nigerian wealth within their families. Suffering and smiling styles.
have u listened to his songs?
u shud?
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by snthesis(m): 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2012
Spirit of Okija: How did this thread about a failed drug addict c'um musician hit the front page Biko nu
maybe u shud read the opening thread again. if you dnt have an opinion, just take a walk, no be by force.

@topic
He came out with a very solid album- the words were a revelation/insightful, The Light which he carried shone so brightly,as a prophet he couldn't be killed till he had fulfilled purpose, to stop him from fulfilling purpose d only other option was to make him fall into temptation and into illicit drug temptation did he succumb.
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
grin, and this made the front page
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by SpiritofOkija(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
snthesis:
maybe u shud read the opening thread again. if you dnt have an opinion, just take a walk, no be by force.

@topic
He came out with a very solid album- the words were a revelation/insightful, The Light which he carried shone so brightly,as a prophet he couldn't be killed till he had fulfilled purpose, to stop him from fulfilling purpose d only other option was to make him fall into temptation and into illicit drug temptation did he succumb.

What about the Topic changes the fact that Majek Fashek aka Rain Man is a druggie?! And what about his songs made him a Prophet.. I grew up in his era, infact, somewhere in one room in my Dads house, we should still have his Vinyl records lying around.. What makes him a Prophet?! What makes his songs any different from Ras Kimono and co..
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by SpiritofOkija(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
crusifis: grin, and this made the front page

Same thing I asked o!!
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by gator666: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
Last real prophet died 2000 years ago.
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by SpiritofOkija(m): 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
gator_666: Last real prophet died 2000 years ago.

Are you referring to the Bastard son of the Jewish Carpenter?!
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by ugahmay: 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2012
Both Majek & fela non a prophet, but has good messages. wink
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2012
The question should be "Who isnt a prophet"
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by snthesis(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
Billyonaire: The question should be "Who isnt a prophet"
Spirit of Okija:

What about the Topic changes the fact that Majek Fashek aka Rain Man is a druggie?! And what about his songs made him a Prophet.. I grew up in his era, infact, somewhere in one room in my Dads house, we should still have his Vinyl records lying around.. What makes him a Prophet?! What makes his songs any different from Ras Kimono and co..

if you were in the era of "John the Baptist" you would most likely tag him a madman tongue
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by flameforx(m): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2012
Where can I get mp3 download for his songs
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by onyengbu: 2:42pm On Jun 25, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Are you referring to the Bastard son of the Jewish Carpenter?!
You shouldnt have said that, you know.
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by SpiritofOkija(m): 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
snthesis:

if you were in the era of "John the Baptist" you would most likely tag him a madman tongue

most likely
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Dejohnbull: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2012
Great men & Prophets goes dis way fela, bob marley, tupac shakur. ;DGreat men & Prophets goes dis way fela, bob marley, tupac shakur.
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2012
snthesis:

Did I say something bad, what I mean is, everyone has psychic ability to see beyond our noses, we are just too material too listen to ethereal signals.
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by snthesis(m): 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Did I say something bad, what I mean is, everyone has psychic ability to see beyond our noses, we are just too material too listen to ethereal signals.
i concur.
but then some are called
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2012
snthesis:
i concur.
but then some are called
Hahahaha, few are chosen. I guess am chosen, very soon, I will be needing your 10% "for the Lord".
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by ikee(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2012
A prophet is not honoured in his homeland, Majek needs your help to get him out of drugs

Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2012
snthesis: listened to him as child, was surprised to see his greatest song Cd recently, which i bought. i played the content of the album and wow- the lyrics were so deep and insightful - reminds of a prophet crying in the wilderness , unfortunately for this Prophet like Samson - he fell into the temptation his achilles heel was drugs, now he is so lost sad

watdya think- or hav i been smoking too much w[i]ee[/i]d tongue

He's a junkie that I know 4 sure
Re: Is Majek Fashek A Prophet by mrrock: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2012
Where is Majek now?. Are you a relative?. How can anyone help?. I think he really need help. Yes, Majek is son of God, no doubt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Become A Fervent Christain Believer / Who Is The Most Powerful Pastor/prophet In Nigeria Be Host Pls / Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.