Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano (17999 Views)

How Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano Today / Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano / Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by sadi78: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
The prompt intervention of the anti-bomb squad drafted from Bompai Police headquarters averted what could have been the most deadly attack in the ancient city of Kano as police arrested three suspected terrorists for planting explosives inside a mosque on Friday.
The suspected terrorists had concealed the high volume Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in a plastic bag and neatly planted it inside the Fagge Mosque which has a capacity of about 15, 000 worshipers.

Speaking on the incident on phone, Kano State Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim K. Idris, confirmed that three people suspected to be terrorists were arrested within the mosque premises.

“The person that planted the explosive came inside the mosque before the prayer time. He concealed the explosive in a plastic can, dropped it, sat down, picked a Qu’ran and pretended to be reciting the Qu’ran.
“After some minutes, he went outside, came in again, sat in the same position and pretended to be reading the Holy Book. After a while, he went outside, abandoned the plastic can and never returned. At this point, the mosque committee suspected the plastic can and alerted the police.
“When the anti-bomb squad arrived the mosque, they brought the plastic can outside, checked the content and discovered it was an explosive; and they immediately detonated it,” he stated.

The police boss, however, advised residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious movement or strange item dumped anywhere to the police, pointing out that, “people should be very careful even in the mosques and churches.”

“Worshipers should not be allowed to come inside places of worship with strange materials,” Idris advised.
Alhaji Kabiru Isah, who worshiped at the mosque, gave a graphic account of the incident.
“It was by Allah’s grace that we were saved. People were already rushing into the mosque as prayer time was fast approaching when one of the mosque committee members observed a polythene bag abandoned inside the mosque.

“He was so suspicious of the content of the polythene bag; and he immediately raised alarm. The police was informed. At this point, three men outside the mosque who thought the bomb had exploded shouted Allahu Akbar (God is great). They were immediately identified as the masterminds of the evil act and the police arrested them with the help of the worshipers.

“I thank Allah for saving the lives of his servants. It would have been another tragic story; and only God knows what their motive and mission were. I believe they are detractors who simply want to cause confusion and commotion in the state, but Allah exposed them,” Isah told our correspondent.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/51270-police-avert-explosion-in-kano-mosque.html

2 Likes

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
Are you there or what is your source?
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by jmaine: 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
Lol at Igbo and Yoruba man apprehended . . . .I smell desperate propaganda . . . .

OP, Source Pls . . . .

4 Likes

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by namfav(m): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2012
i also heard that, but it is not confirmed yet
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by freegaza(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
Civil war!!!
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2012
@Poster, be ashamed of yourself. So now instead of dealing with the core issue, what some of you monkeys have resorted to doing is trying to blame it on people of other tribes and religions? undecided undecided
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Effwazobia: 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, be ashamed of yourself. So now instead of dealing with the core issue, what some of you monkeys have resorted to doing is trying to blame it on people of other tribes and religions? undecided undecided

Why they gotto be monkey mehn?

1 Like

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
sadi78: Breaking News!!!
There is bomb explosion at Fagge Juma'at Mosque Kano! A suspected bombers an Igboman and Yoruba where apprehended. The level of casualties is not yet known.
lol at:
"a suspected bombers an igboman and yoruba where apprehended"
mallam no wonder una no want education! from suicide bombs to grammatical bombs!

2 Likes

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
namfav: i also heard that, but it is not confirmed yet
you must be the first to hear i know!
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by sadi78: 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2012
namfav: i also heard that, but it is not confirmed yet
is confirmed! I was there
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by jamace(m): 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2012
torkaka:
you must be the first to hear i know!

Thanks for the timely tackle. grin
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by sadi78: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, be ashamed of yourself. So now instead of dealing with the core issue, what some of you monkeys have resorted to doing is trying to blame it on people of other tribes and religions? undecided undecided

you animal, just now police PRO said in in media!
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
sadi78: you animal, just now police PRO said in in media!
you forgot to tell us which media! you shameless pig!

2 Likes

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by sadi78: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
torkaka:
lol at:
"a suspected bombers an igboman and yoruba where apprehended"
mallam no wonder una no want education! from suicide bombs to grammatical bombs!
na ur papa carry Mango park come nigeria!
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
sadi78: na ur papa carry Mango park come nigeria!

bros its "mungo park" and what the hell does he got to do with your grammatical/suicide bombings?

4 Likes

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by kettykin: 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2012
The big issue with northerners is that they are bold enough to strike but cowards to own up after they have struck
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
sadi thanks my brother. Jos kip us updated dont mind anybody. NL is all about Ireport
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Beaf: 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
I hope no lives were lost.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
If this true, tribal/religious war isn't a good look for Nigeria...

If this should become a church vs mosque thing, I think the military needs to take over..

War isn't a good thing, but I can live with a tribal war - religious war is something that would be disastrous to Nigeria..
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Ufeolorun(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
I hope the Yoruba and igbo guys won't be dead by tmrw.
Hopefully people who truly love Nigeria will stand up and forcefully so, to stop this total joke that our sovereignty has become.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by DuduNegro: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
Beaf: I hope no lives were lost.

. . .rotflmao!!!

Jumaat mosque is where Muslims hold service on Friday, similar to Christians holding service in church on Sunday.

1. It is Friday and people are in service
2. The mosque holds a congregation
3. A bomb went off during service.

What do you think will happen to lives?
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Beaf: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
This event marks a turning point in Nigeria. Personally, I'm beginning to lose faith in the whole project; the SE/SS have little to lose from a breakup anyway. In many ways, preserving the entity is merely preserving our slavery and promoting the cruel exploitation of our resources to be wasted in the thieving pockets of the leaders of ungrateful peoples.

5 Likes

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Beaf: 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

. . .rotflmao!!!

Jumaat mosque is where Muslims hold service on Friday, similar to Christians holding service in church on Sunday.

There is good reason why I ignore mental midgets like you.

[size=14pt]Police avert explosion in Kano mosque[/size]
By Kolade Adeyemi 11 minutes ago

…Arrest three

The prompt intervention of the anti-bomb squad drafted from Bompai Police headquarters averted what could have been the most deadly attack in the ancient city of Kano as police arrested three suspected terrorists for planting explosives inside a mosque on Friday.
The suspected terrorists had concealed the high volume Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in a plastic bag and neatly planted it inside the Fagge Mosque which has a capacity of about 15, 000 worshipers.
Speaking on the incident on phone, Kano State Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim K. Idris, confirmed that three people suspected to be terrorists were arrested within the mosque premises.
“The person that planted the explosive came inside the mosque before the prayer time. He concealed the explosive in a plastic can, dropped it, sat down, picked a Qu’ran and pretended to be reciting the Qu’ran.
“After some minutes, he went outside, came in again, sat in the same position and pretended to be reading the Holy Book. After a while, he went outside, abandoned the plastic can and never returned. At this point, the mosque committee suspected the plastic can and alerted the police.
“When the anti-bomb squad arrived the mosque, they brought the plastic can outside, checked the content and discovered it was an explosive; and they immediately detonated it,” he stated.
The olice boss, however, advised residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious movement or strange item dumped anywhere to the police, pointing out that, “people should be very careful even in the mosques and churches.”
“Worshipers should not be allowed to come inside places of worship with strange materials,” Idris advised.
Alhaji Kabiru Isah, who worshiped at the mosque, gave a graphic account of the incident.
“It was by Allah’s grace that we were saved. People were already rushing into the mosque as prayer time was fast approaching when one of the mosque committee members observed a polythene bag abandoned inside the mosque.
“He was so suspicious of the content of the polythene bag; and he immediately raised alarm. The police was informed. At this point, three men outside the mosque who thought the bomb had exploded shouted Allahu Akbar (God is great). They were immediately identified as the masterminds of the evil act and the police arrested them with the help of the worshipers.
“I thank Allah for saving the lives of his servants. It would have been another tragic story; and only God knows what their motive and mission were. I believe they are detractors who simply want to cause confusion and commotion in the state, but Allah exposed them,” Isah told our correspondent.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/51270-police-avert-explosion-in-kano-mosque.html

1 Like

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by DuduNegro: 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2012
Beaf: This event marks a turning point in Nigeria. Personally, I'm beginning to lose faith in the whole project; the SE/SS have little to lose from a breakup anyway. In many ways, preserving the entity is merely preserving our slavery and promoting the cruel exploitation of our resources to be wasted in the thieving pockets of the leaders of ungrateful peoples.

. . . the focus point of your drivel is oil resources. If control of that resource is synonymous with exploitation and enslavement, then who will control it when you, the SS and your bride the SE go together? The controller is the slave master, remember that.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
Beaf: This event marks a turning point in Nigeria. Personally, I'm beginning to lose faith in the whole project; the SE/SS have little to lose from a breakup anyway. In many ways, preserving the entity is merely preserving our slavery and promoting the cruel exploitation of our resources to be wasted in the thieving pockets of the leaders of ungrateful peoples.

I'm not the one to beat the drum of disintegration - but if it should happen, the map of both North Central and South South will have to be redrawn, from Niger State to Delta State. cool
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Beaf: 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

. . . the focus point of your drivel is oil resources. If control of that resource is synonymous with exploitation and enslavement, then who will control it when you, the SS and your bride the SE go together? The controller is the slave master, remember that.

That is our problem, phucking parasite.
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by DuduNegro: 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
Police avert explosion in Kano mosque
By Kolade Adeyemi 11 minutes ago

…Arrest three

The olice boss, however, advised residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious movement or strange item dumped anywhere to the police, pointing out that, “people should be very careful even in the mosques and churches.”

It is time you adopt a correct way of critical analysis.

The man left and never returned. . .
Three men standing outside shouted Allahu Akbar, thinkingthe bomb had gone off. . .

If the man never returned, how was he captured?
If the three were standing outside, then they should see and hear everything that those standing with them witnessed and why were they the only ones who thought bombs went off, amongst multitude bystaqnders?
Allahu Akbar in thiscontext can be interpreteed to mean Grace be to God for bringing it to revelation and averting destruction.

You are just as clueless about Boko modus operandi as your fisherman boss in cowboy hats. Creek creep!

1 Like

Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by naijaking1: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
I didn't see any mention of Igbo and Yoruba men in the official report, or did I just miss it, or the poster is just cooking up cock and bull
Re: Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano by Beaf: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

It is time you adopt a correct way of critical analysis.

The man left and never returned. . .
Three men standing outside shouted Allahu Akbar, thinkingthe bomb had gone off. . .

If the man never returned, how was he captured?
If the three were standing outside, then they should see and hear everything that those standing with them witnessed and why were they the only ones who thought bombs went off, amongst multitude bystaqnders?
Allahu Akbar in thiscontext can be interpreteed to mean Grace be to God for bringing it to revelation and averting destruction.

You are just as clueless about Boko modus operandi as your fisherman boss in cowboy hats. Creek creep!

It is interesting how stup!d people come back with more alarming levels of stup!dity each time their mental faultiness is pointed out. This is your original stup!d attention seeking post, which the one above is meant to be in defense of. Aint you a blood loving id!ot? Lol!

Dudu_Negro:

. . .rotflmao!!!

Next time, stick to the topic, stop seeking attention. Phucking parasite. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Murder Soldier, Policeman In Rivers / Obasanjo Reads Fable Of The Tortoise To School Children In Ogun State (PHOTO) / Akwa Ibom Apc Suspends Membership Registration Due To Low Turnout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.