Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? (48813 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 02, 2012
alj harem:

LOL you should try Abula (Gbegiri, ewedu and goat stew) with Amala, the best money can buy wink

lol

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by firestar(f): 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
^^ embarassed
You are really really meeeeeeeeeean!
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2012
Hausa...their honesty, laid back and unassuming nature blows me away, always
Yoruba...4 out of 6 of my favorite 9ja musicians are Yoruba-9ice, Wande, Lagbaja, Omawumi,I love their musical nature and talent, also their their wide spread, deep seated educational background
The 2 tribes also have deep respect and appreciation for/of their respective languages, which I find to be totally cool

( My cousin and her husband were going somewhere abroad, and during the flight and on one of the transit airports..her hubby complained about the local Yoruba speaking teenagers and their families behind him, speaking Yoruba among themselves and Pidgin to other Nigerians....they got to their destination and these local people transformed to these Queen's English speaking wonder kids....he came back to 9ja, and first thing he did was to employ an Igbo language tutor for his kids....previously he only had English, Science, Arts and Computer tutors!)

Other tribes? My Bekwara classmate who was shot dead cryshortly after his final exam was the best human being I ever met, and he was not even my friend, had everything, but was very humble, etc....I don't know if Bekwara people are all like that but until I meet one who proves to be different, let me say they are awesome people

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Tohat(m): 11:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
I lyk when they are speaking
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 1:53am On Nov 20, 2012
I like that beaded dress & hat they wear on wedding day( what tribe is that), it's very unique , beautiful, graceful and photogenic

asked my daddy if I could he said no grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by passion007: 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
Warri ppl are just hilarious. Yorubas are respectful (not the belligerent fellows on NL claiming to be Yoruba), then the Ilaje people of Ondo are another hilarious people(I've no idea whether Ilaje is a region or an ethnic ghroup).

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Flowers2127: 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Urhobo and their dishes www.cookingncleaning..co.uk
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 04, 2012
Hausa people for there uprightness........ They re fun to b with and their language is easily understood!!! wink

Igbo people for bringing joy into the face of average nigerian via small-small cheap product e.g Aba made/oyingbo parolzzz, computer village/ OKRIKAwink .......

Really wanna-wanna Egbira chicks!!!! wink

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by gbemisoladoja: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
I love the Adamawa Indigenes.They are nice to a fault.I stayed there for 3 years and I sincerely will not mind going back.
Igbo people are beautiful but a landlord will not enjoy having them as tenants.
Yoruba people are respectful.
Tiv people are equally nice but they spend without thinking of tomorrow.
Idoma people are promiscuous.
Calabar people cook well and are good in bed.
Edo and Warri people are comedians.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somegirl1: 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
gbemisoladoja:
Igbo people are beautiful but a landlord will not enjoy having them as tenants.

pray, explain.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by bittyend(m): 2:34am On Dec 10, 2012
Yoruba: great culture, advance civilization, respectful, highly educated, religious, traditional, fine/beautiful pure race of black people, biggest religion out of Africa since Anno Domini(A.D), and good food. But some of these freshies can be annoying sometimes. grin

Igbo: alright food, too brash and boastful, decent, religious, and sporty. They get things done with their aggressive and individualistic nature and that's quite commendable.

Benin: great history, traditionalists, funny, cool, and they stick together. But their women need to step up their facial looks. grin

Urhobo: Funny. Their women look just like Benin women.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 17, 2012
alj harem: C'mon people stop this fight. we should celebrate our differences not fight over it. Pidgin is now part and parcel of Nigeria numerous languages which everyone can understand so I believe she reserves the right to speak/write in pidgin.

i was wondering what happened to this guy. smiley
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 17, 2012
looplat: ^why this one dey write pidgin like mumu? mtchewww

looplat: ^comot for road make I see front. Na me send you make you dey write pidgin like saro? Na sierra leone dem born you mumu. mtchewww

grin grin

lol
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somalia9: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2012
*Kails*:

grin grin

lol

kails what do you like about somalis?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
ROSSIKE:

lol

grin grin

Nice Nigerian dish
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

You have been salivating on Fulani people and claimed you look like them....I guess you wish you were one and not Uhrobo abi na Isoko you be. Get over it because they hate you and regard you as an inferior ! I personally like the hausas because of their simple lifestyle and humble nature. I like Yorubas when they are in the mood of party. Benins are very funny and also welcoming to visitors but they are very fetish. Igbos are cool and also reserved with beautiful women but they are too ambitious to a fault!

Really? Are you sure you're not the hateful one here?

I don't have to defend my ethnic group, but I think you have an inferiority complex. Fulani don't hate anyone, we're a Sahelian folk who can be suspicious and paranoid of others, but we're definitely not hateful.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 19, 2012
kails what do you like about somalis?

the music.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somalia9: 2:29am On Dec 19, 2012
*Kails*:

the music.

typical jamo answer

Do you know what i like about jamaicans? Their easy and reliable access to drugs and their ability not to feel shame.

What i like about kails is she is cute. She is funny, she is much smarter than most people i have known.

Fyi. This is my truest post.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 19, 2012
somalia9:

What i like about kails is she is cute. She is funny, she is much smarter than most people i have known.

Fyi. This is my truest post.

ok.
thanks.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somalia9: 5:22am On Dec 19, 2012
*Kails*:

ok.
thanks.
*Kails*:

ok.
thanks.
*Kails*:

ok.
thanks.

thats it, just 2 words

gurl we have grown apart. Womon i dont like dis.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2012
Ok I am obviously Igbo but time to say something i like about other groups

Efik/ Ibibio .
..I love the way they dance,very graceful moves and beautiful costume.The women are also very good wives,the ones we married from there have been darlings,they know how to take care of their families.

Yoruba
:nobody can cook a mean jollof rice and stew like a Yoruba woman.As long as the pepper is minimized,their jollof is one in town.delicious with a capital D.Their men are very generous with their love interests too,you go chop money grin

Tiv/ Idoma we have a few inlaws from there and we love them.They are very accommodating .i will gladly give my daughter to a man from that area.Idoma men are as cute as Igbo men too

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 3:13am On Dec 21, 2012
Baby mama: Ok I am obviously Igbo but time to say something i like about other groups

Efik/ Ibibio .
..I love the way they dance,very graceful moves and beautiful costume.The women are also very good wives,the ones we married from there have been darlings,they know how to take care of their families.

Yoruba
:nobody can cook a mean jollof rice and stew like a Yoruba woman.As long as the pepper is minimized,their jollof is one in town.delicious with a capital D.Their men are very generous with their love interests too,you go chop money grin

Tiv/ Idoma we have a few inlaws from there and we love them.They are very accommodating .i will gladly give my daughter to a man from that area.Idoma men are as cute as Igbo men too

Fulani brought Jollof rice to Nigeria, therefore we cook it best lol. Jollof rice is from SeneGambia originally

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 21, 2012
Fulaman198:

Fulani brought Jollof rice to Nigeria, therefore we cook it best lol. Jollof rice is from SeneGambia originally

speaking of that.
did you know you guys were the first to bring
arabic writings and islam to jamaica and brazil? smiley

in fact i found out this year we jamos got our word "nyam" from the fulani smiley
just thought i'd share that lol.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somalia9: 3:28am On Dec 21, 2012
*Kails*:

speaking of that.

in fact i found out this year we jamos got our word "nyam" from the fulani smiley

i made a thread about u, u should join the convo my niggga
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
Fulaman198:

Well I didn't know that
I have never eaten food cooked by a Fulani that I can recall

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
*Kails*:

speaking of that.

Nope, I did not know that.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2012
Fulaman198:

Nope, I did not know that.

yep. smiley

btw have you heard this song before? smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/1078029/dtm-fulani-singer#12602757
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
*Kails*:

yep. smiley

btw have you heard this song before? smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/1078029/dtm-fulani-singer#12602757

Cool, I typically don't listen to music like this, but this is like an R&B love song.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
Fulaman198:

Cool, I typically don't listen to music like this, but this is like an R&B love song.

cool. it sounds nice though. smiley
thats what i love about the fulani, even those who are "modern"
are still very much cultured.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by fydence: 7:21am On Dec 30, 2012
ifyalways: I dikwa egwu! Nsopuru di uko.
.ahhhh yeeess..now i see how we can embrace our diversity
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Eisenhower(m): 3:31am On Jan 07, 2013
their abanike grin
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by IdeaIsNeed: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
I love bout the igbo people their proverbs!! For example - the goat that is everybody's responsibility will starve to death, the fly that has nobody to caution it will follow the corpse into the grave, hwne the agama lizard drops from the top of a house to the ground and nobody to congratulate it , it congratulates itself ( nodding). BEAUTIFUL and needs no explanation unlike some others that may require much pondering and examining (my people wink ) these beautifully crafted sayings are representative of the igno people that i have encountered and lov, NOT some of those who appear to have some almighty chip on the shoulder. Igbo kwenu! I salute you for your proverbs ,

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Ooni Of Ogunwusi And His Wife, Wuraola In USA. Updates!!! Lots Of Pictures / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.