Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? (48817 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Adamskuty(m): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
Chartey:
Google is your friend if you don't have original knowledge. People are reading your comments, pls don't disgrace yourself.
nigga it seems u dont know i'm partly hausa/fulani..

Umaru musa yar'adua is a hausaman,same with buhari,babangida,sanusi lamido sanusi,all with fulani blood in them. (but they are usually called hausa/fulani) as it's very common for most northern nigerians to mix with fulanis.

Buhari has a fulani mother and a hausa father,ahahha! Pls dont lemme disgrace u grin

take ur inferiority complex somewhere else grin
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Adamskuty(m): 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
I think the debate here is about darkskin vs lightskin grin

yes,majority hausa's are dark and beautiful,(well everybody is beautiful) but their features are different from other ethnic groups (not all though)
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by agbotaen: 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
1. i love ika women and men because of diversity , we have dark and beautiful people and very light skin people , in most ika families they have both dark and very fair people , and they are usually hardworking , morally concious and honest people

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by cadanre(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2013
Chartey:
You were angry when I made a honest and unbiased post devoid of insult about the Hausa and here you are insulting Igbos(I'm not even Igbo) to high heavens. Look at yourself in a mirror please!

What is an insult here? Am I not telling the truth?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
cadanre:

What is an insult here? Am I not telling the truth?
My friend tell me what is not insulting about this?
cadanre:

I love Igbos too because they are the only one who tries to makes money by whatever means. They are the first people to build baby factories (Abia, Imo and Enugu) where women are being impregnated (Recent case of Dr. Uzoma in Imo) and whe they deliver, they were paid 100k for the babies. Business is good.
Are you proud of what you typed?

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by tonychristopher: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
agbotaen: 1. i love ika women and men because of diversity , we have dark and beautiful people and very light skin people , in most ika families they have both dark and very fair people , and they are usually hardworking , morally concious and honest people

THIS GUY IS CRAZY... THEY SAID WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT OTHER TRIBES NOT YOURS. CANT YOU COMPREHEND SIMPLE ENGLISH, AND BESIDE, IKA IS JUST A SUB CLAN OF IGBO THE WAY IJEBU IS A SUB CLAN OF YORUBA,OR ILAJE A SUB CLAN OF IJAW. GET A GRIP OF YOURSELVES.

I LOVE THE EFIKS, COS OF THE CUISINE AND NEATNESS,COUPLES WITH THE SEXINESS OF THEIR WOMEN

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by agbotaen: 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
1. ok , dumb and mumu igbo man , i love yoruba people and benin people and i dont like most igbo people , because they are dumb and only useful as propagandists, and mind you charity begins at home , so i have to begin with ika and mind you ika is not a subtribe of igbo , our fathers have made that known in 1930 and 1967 when they declared they were not part of igbo tribe and that statement is quite clear and that led to ikas chasing igbos away from ika land. so get that , but u can engage in what your tribe knows best to do that is propaganda and no wonder your fathers said they had successfully wiped out nigeria troops , when in reality the nigerian army was kicking biafran ass , even in biafran enclave

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by ChristyG(f): 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
tonychristopher:

THIS GUY IS CRAZY... THEY SAID WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT OTHER TRIBES NOT YOURS. CANT YOU COMPREHEND SIMPLE ENGLISH, AND BESIDE, IKA IS JUST A SUB CLAN OF IGBO THE WAY IJEBU IS A SUB CLAN OF YORUBA,OR ILAJE A SUB CLAN OF IJAW. GET A GRIP OF YOURSELVES.

I LOVE THE EFIKS, COS OF THE CUISINE AND NEATNESS,COUPLES WITH THE SEXINESS OF THEIR WOMEN
pls say what u know.ilajes are not ijawa,they are yorubas just like ijebu,awori or egba.the ijaws in ondo state know themselves.they are Apoi ijaws and Arogbo ijaws and everybody knows that.an example of someone from ilaje is musician Sean Tizzle.his full name is oluwaseun morinhafen.does that sound like ijaw to u.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by tonychristopher: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Christy G: pls say what u know.ilajes are not ijawa,they are yorubas just like ijebu,awori or egba.the ijaws in ondo state know themselves.they are Apoi ijaws and Arogbo ijaws and everybody knows that.an example of someone from ilaje is musician Sean Tizzle.his full name is oluwaseun morinhafen.does that sound like ijaw to u.

noted....I was trying to correct agbontea misrepresentation...he isn't igbo but a child of Benin refuge and asylum seeker trying to paint ika Benin. ika is a sub clan of igbos the way ijebus are of yorubas and apoi of ijaws

JUST WANTED TO POINT OUT HIS DAFTNESS THAT'S ALL. BUT EFIK ARE CLEAN AND SEXY. GOT GREAT FOOD. HAUSAS ARE ONES YOU CAN TRUST....AND I LOVE URHOBOS COS OF THEIR KAIKAI TAKING ATTITUDE...IT'S FUN
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by tonychristopher: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
agbotaen: 1. ok , dumb and mumu igbo man , i love yoruba people and benin people and i dont like most igbo people , because they are dumb and only useful as propagandists, and mind you charity begins at home , so i have to begin with ika and mind you ika is not a subtribe of igbo , our fathers have made that known in 1930 and 1967 when they declared they were not part of igbo tribe and that statement is quite clear and that led to ikas chasing igbos away from ika land. so get that , but u can engage in what your tribe knows best to do that is propaganda and no wonder your fathers said they had successfully wiped out nigeria troops , when in reality the nigerian army was kicking biafran ass , even in biafran enclave

HISTORY TEACHING...LOL,WHO DECLARED AND WHERE DID THEY DECLARE AND CAN YOU SHOW US THE SO CALLED DECLARATION DOCUMENTS AND WHO ARE THE SIGNATORIES TO SUCH A BOGUS DECLARATION...WAS THEIR KINGS THERE TO MAKE SUCH DECLARATION...MY DEAR IF YOU CAN'T PROVE ALL THESE THAT MAKE YOU A DAMNED LIGER AND SON OF BENIN ASYLUM SEEKER IN IGBO FRONTIERS. DON'T YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE DISILLUSIONMENT

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by agbotaen: 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
it is your kingless igbo fathers who were living in little unorganised villages eating human beings that are stupid, you igbon , slaves , who told you ika was benin or have you ever seen an ika man saying he is benin? why dont igbos mind their business , you tried biafra , it failed in ika and we chased you people out , and today we have also distanced our selfs from igbos , we are ika ethnic group we are not benin and we are not igbo .if you like engage in your usual propaganda , that was how nigeria army was killing your people enmass and you were saying you have destroyed the army

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Oh my God, are we going to do this "Ika is Igbo, Ika is not Igbo" thing on this thread, too?!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
agbotaen: it is your kingless igbo fathers who were living in little unorganised villages eating human beings that are stupid, you igbon , slaves , who told you ika was benin or have you ever seen an ika man saying he is benin? why dont igbos mind their business , you tried biafra , it failed in ika and we chased you people out , and today we have also distanced our selfs from igbos , we are ika ethnic group we are not benin and we are not igbo .if you like engage in your usual propaganda , that was how nigeria army was killing your people enmass and you were saying you have destroyed the army

But yet according to Wikipedia, Ika people speak an Igboid language, which makes me think they are Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somegirl1: 2:23am On Dec 20, 2013
agbotaen: it is your kingless igbo fathers who were living in little unorganised villages eating human beings that are stupid, you igbon , slaves , who told you ika was benin or have you ever seen an ika man saying he is benin? why dont igbos mind their business , you tried biafra , it failed in ika and we chased you people out , and today we have also distanced our selfs from igbos , we are ika ethnic group we are not benin and we are not igbo .if you like engage in your usual propaganda , that was how nigeria army was killing your people enmass and you were saying you have destroyed the army

some-girl:
Igbos in the south east didn't have kings/ monarchs at the time the Europeans came. There is a reason for the old saying "Igbo enweghi Eze".
If everyone around us including Benin, Kalabari, Efik/ Ibibio with whom we had dealings from time immemorial had kings, do you not think there is a reason we opted for a democratic government where the people governed the people rather than monarchy? Kingship wasn't alien to us, probably something we'd practised initially and decided it wasn't for us.
I personally don't see anything wonderful about having/ having had a king. I prefer the south eastern system of government, which was more effective. We didn't have many Igbos fleeing their lands for fear of a ruler like Binis did as I've gathered from the numerous accounts of Bini migration.

Ours was/ is a unique system. We've practised "democracy" for centuries, something Nigeria is struggling to get the hang of. It takes a great deal of organization and civilization to maintain such a system. It is a lot easier to comply with laws/ orders created by a ruler imposed on you than with laws/ orders created by an ordinary man such as yourself.
The Brits who supposedly introduced kingship to us now use our style of governance where they have several MPs, ordinary people elected by the people.The queen of England's role is now just ceremonial.
What does one need Obis, Obas etc who were stripped of their powers by a foreign queen for?
Quit going on and on about kingship like it's something to be especially proud of.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by tonychristopher: 5:28am On Dec 20, 2013
Fulaman198:

But yet according to Wikipedia, Ika people speak an Igboid language, which makes me think they are Igbo.

IN IKA THERE ARE MINUTE BENIN ELEMENTS,THESE ELEMENTS ARE ASSYLUM SEEKERS FROM BENIN AND MOST OF THEM ARE PRISONERS OF WAR. THEY WERE EITHER CAPTIVE OF WAR OR ASSYLUM SEEKERS THE WAY THE AFONJA STORY IS. SO WHAT IGBOS DID WAS GRANT THEM AMNESTY AND IMMERSE THEM IN IGBO MAIN CULTURE THAT HOW THEY WERE ASSIMILATED. BUT THERE WAS MAjORITY of igbo that did the assimilation for them

THE ISSUE OF IKA IS LIKE WHEN AN AKOKO OR IJEBU MAN COMES OUT AND SAY HE ISNT OF YORUBOID ETHNICITY. IT SMACKS OF STUPIDITY and FOOLISHNESS ETC

pls ask the agbontea a sample of the declaration document at least America had theirs. we know him as a dissulional person that hates himself and his character. for you to understand his stupidity

what do you love about other tribes..he is so tribalistic that he doesnt love anythina about other tribes apart from himself. he is just too sick

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by tonychristopher: 5:37am On Dec 20, 2013

WITH YOUR KINGS THAT WERE OBEYING BENIN MONARCH,WHAT IS THE LEVEL OF DEVELOPMENT...PLEASE STOP BEEN HYSTERICAL

LET'S NOT WASH OUR DIRTY LINEN IN PUBLIC...ALL I ASK IS THE DECLARATION DOCUMENT THAT'S ALL. LEAST IT IS RECENT AND LET ME KNOW THE SIGNATORIES .

ANYTHING APART FROM THIS YOU ARE A DAMNED FOOL AND LIE ALL THE WAY. DOCUMENT PLEASE. IF YOU WANT USA DEFLATION DOCUMENT I SEND A COPY TO YOU...SO I WANT YOUR SO CALLED DECLARATION DOCUMENT AT LEAST IT'S RECENT ANYTHING APART FROM THIS YOU WILL BE SEEN AS A LIER.

PEOPLE WILL SEE WHO SAYS THE TRUTH

AGBONTEA GIVE US IKA NON IGBO DECLARATION SO THAT WE CAN STUDY AND STOP BEEN HYSTERICAL ....WE NEED FACTS AND PROOF NOT HEARSAY
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by tonychristopher: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
I'm very proud of Anambra people, their
spirit to strive for success even amidst the
poorest governance in the country, the
power to control the economy even without
a white collar job and so many things. Their
foods are the best I've tasted so far. Let's
not even start talking about beautiful
cheeks because we might not leave here
this morning. Their dialect of Igbo is so
sexy and oh oh many other things. No
wonder my father couldn't look past there
for a very beautiful and humble woman.
Imo state is indeed the heart of Igboland,
with its possession of the majority of the
most beautiful ladies in the country. And
they are very liberal and accomodating. The
people from the other side of the country
who tonguelash them like my brother
above, always stand their in queue to look
for wives, leaving behind what they have in
their place. They sell their lands just to pay
a brideprice and then come to tell us how
accomodating they are
Imo babes are the best
Ofe Owerri tinz
Abia state is just like a carbon copy of
Anambra state, very hardworking and
resilient, and this is the home to several
locally made inventions. With proper
funding and good governance, invention
that will shock the world is likely to occur
here.
Enugu state, the capital of the East, with
many white collar destination. This is the
base of the most intellectual and also quite
beautiful faces. The only place that can
make you feel at home, away from home, if
you are an Easterner
Ebonyi state, the food basket of Igboland,
the base of agriculture. Their rice is the
most sought for in the nation. I love their
diversity, their dialect even if its difficult,
they also have many pretty chics, if you
doubt me ask OBJ's son
Delta North (Anioma) : A very beautiful
place with nice culture no wonder it is one
of Nollywood's location sites. Very good
people.
Rivers: What would I say here that wouldn't
be taken as a promotional exaggeration? I
mean, the state that has been keeping
Nigeria alive. What would have been of
Abuja without the spoils they are harvesting
from this state
Let me not go emotional now. This is the
entertainment hub of the East. The state
with the richest set of people in the nation.
Let me remind you that Agbani Derego (not
an Igbo) is from this state. And the greatest
of this all is that
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
tonychristopher: I'm very proud of Anambra people, their
spirit to strive for success even amidst the
poorest governance in the country, the
power to control the economy even without
a white collar job and so many things. Their
foods are the best I've tasted so far. Let's
not even start talking about beautiful
cheeks because we might not leave here
this morning. Their dialect of Igbo is so
sexy and oh oh many other things. No
wonder my father couldn't look past there
for a very beautiful and humble woman.
Imo state is indeed the heart of Igboland,
with its possession of the majority of the
most beautiful ladies in the country. And
they are very liberal and accomodating. The
people from the other side of the country
who tonguelash them like my brother
above, always stand their in queue to look
for wives, leaving behind what they have in
their place. They sell their lands just to pay
a brideprice and then come to tell us how
accomodating they are
Imo babes are the best
Ofe Owerri tinz
Abia state is just like a carbon copy of
Anambra state, very hardworking and
resilient, and this is the home to several
locally made inventions. With proper
funding and good governance, invention
that will shock the world is likely to occur
here.
Enugu state, the capital of the East, with
many white collar destination. This is the
base of the most intellectual and also quite
beautiful faces. The only place that can
make you feel at home, away from home, if
you are an Easterner
Ebonyi state, the food basket of Igboland,
the base of agriculture. Their rice is the
most sought for in the nation. I love their
diversity, their dialect even if its difficult,
they also have many pretty chics, if you
doubt me ask OBJ's son
Delta North (Anioma) : A very beautiful
place with nice culture no wonder it is one
of Nollywood's location sites. Very good
people.
Rivers: What would I say here that wouldn't
be taken as a promotional exaggeration? I
mean, the state that has been keeping
Nigeria alive. What would have been of
Abuja without the spoils they are harvesting
from this state
Let me not go emotional now. This is the
entertainment hub of the East. The state
with the richest set of people in the nation.
Let me remind you that Agbani Derego (not
an Igbo) is from this state. And the greatest
of this all is that

Other ethnic groups, not your own
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Adamskuty(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
agbotaen: 1. ok , dumb and mumu igbo man , i love yoruba people and benin people and i dont like most igbo people , because they are dumb and only useful as propagandists, and mind you charity begins at home , so i have to begin with ika and mind you ika is not a subtribe of igbo , our fathers have made that known in 1930 and 1967 when they declared they were not part of igbo tribe and that statement is quite clear and that led to ikas chasing igbos away from ika land. so get that , but u can engage in what your tribe knows best to do that is propaganda and no wonder your fathers said they had successfully wiped out nigeria troops , when in reality the nigerian army was kicking biafran ass , even in biafran enclave
lol! this is funny grin but calm down man
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by tonychristopher: 2:50am On Dec 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

Other ethnic groups, not your own

I know dear...I just. keep loving the efiks,annangs and calabar axis tribes...they are neat and beautiful ..good good foods also ..hausas I love there sincerity and simplicity with the vulnerability....yorubas their party loving nature and their loving to live life to fullest irrespective whose ox is been gored...they got their groove on
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by tonychristopher: 2:52am On Dec 25, 2013
Adamskuty: lol! this is funny grin but calm down man

lol ...don't mind agbontea he has been advised over and over for psycho evaluation and analysis...he is so funny. he hates himself for been a son of Benin migrant asylum seeker in igboland...and wants other to claim Benin..but no way lol

happy Xmas

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by pcgist: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
I love Ekperi people of Edo State for their festivals. One of my favourite is Otsa festival. Learn more about Otsa festival at http://www.afemaipeople.com/otsa-festival-ekperi/

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by falusi1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
There is this soup, I love the preparation and the mix, the Edikaekong soup from Calabar, is always a perfect go with solid, Eba, Poundi, et al.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by AyanleMohamed: 12:43am On Aug 05, 2014
I think we can all say Somalis are the pincle of genetic exellence in Africa.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by AyanleMohamed: 12:46am On Aug 05, 2014
Your all Bantus in my book
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by aumeehn: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
firstly am Fulani by Tribe was born in Adamawa bred in cameroon republic and attended secondry school in Kano now studying in Mautech Yola......even though fulani women are fine light skin wateva! I just dnt ve dat special feelings for them....I love Yoruba both males and females i just like dem...!! Dia language is superb thats y Africa Magic Yoruba remains my best channel!!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by ChiefX: 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
sarutobie:
Thanks for the insultive correction onye nkuzi ndigbo..I know y I purposely used ibo instead of igbo..did u have to 'correct' som1 with such negative remark? Do u think you can write,speak the igbo language more than me?..kpachara anya gi ebe ahu oo! O buru na onweghi ezigbo ihe I nwere ikwu na-ebe a,biko mechie onu ure gi!!..

Ibo= Delta ( former Bendel) dialect of Igbo
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by ChiefX: 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
and since you're Afam, I'm guessing Igbo.... Igbos are among the most industrious and innovative people in the world

Afam4eva: Let ma add mine.

Hausa/Fulani/Northerners: Oner thing I like about northerners that I don't think other ethnicities possess in record numbers is their kind nature. They are very kind and are always ready to help you out financially or otherwise. I also like the fact that they don't attach so much value on material things unlike their southern counterparts.

Edo/Urhobo/Isoko/Warri: These people have one thing in common. They are funny as hell and you won't be bored when you're in their midst. They also tend not to care about your ethnicity when relating with you especially the Warri ones.

Yoruba/Yoruboid: I like the fact that they take pride in their culture more than a group in southern Nigeria. They're also liberal in nature and welcoming. A Yoruba man can leave a stranger in his house and go out. The stranger can even go to his kitchen to take food and eat.

I love all Nigerian groups.

Afam bu Afam
Nwa Afor Nkanu Igbo
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by ChiefX: 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
since you're Yoruba, I'll say Yorubas, are some of the most cultured, mannered people in the world! Very in tune with their culture... and the language is awesome!
aljharem: I love the Igbos/Igboid because of there drive. They do with they believe in. Love their food as well, simply amazing. friendly and kind people as well. Even those on Nairaland like Igbo2011, Agbaworo, ChenyereN, freecocoa and co

The Hausas and fulanis are very friendly people as well. Very welcoming and fun loving. Never a dull moment around them grin . Likes of Fulaman, namfav and co have done well for the fulanis on nairaland.

The Kanuris are a special group, Just love their culture.

The Urhobos, Edos etc are just a funny set of people. They crack jokes wey fit make ur belle open. Friendly and open minded.

The Ijaws I must say are the most open minded people I have met real life. Fun loving and funny as well. likes of Ibime and co on Nairaland have painted a good picture of Ijaws.

If I was not Yoruba I would defiantly be either Ijaw or Fulani

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Ooni Of Ogunwusi And His Wife, Wuraola In USA. Updates!!! Lots Of Pictures / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.