Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! (3490 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Only Fools Say There Is No GOD. Come I Here And Prove He Doesnt Exist / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2012
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2012
Thank 'God' , he wasn't beheaded.
angry angry
Ignorant people. Always doing 'God's work' for him. Their powerless God who can't do his own work.

This can happen in Nigeria. David Mark may just wake up and criminalize atheism. 'It is against my christian faith' is the justification. All the muslims will fall in line.
Reason and logic is endangered.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
Avicenna: Thank 'God' , he wasn't beheaded.
angry angry
Ignorant people. Always doing 'God's work' for him. Their powerless God who can't do his own work.

This can happen in Nigeria. David Mark may just wake up and criminalize atheism. 'It is against my christian faith' is the justification. All the muslims will fall in line.
Reason and logic is endangered.

Yep, it is a sad thing. However, I think atheist groups are becoming more and more powerful. They will help the young man.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2012
What a troublesome man. I think he deserved getting jailed.
Some atheists think they are so far superior to theists that they can stomp on their emotions and abuse everything they hold sacred just because they don't believe that God exists.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
fellis: What a troublesome man. I think he deserved getting jailed.
Some atheists think they are so far superior to theists that they can stomp on their emotions and abuse everything they hold sacred just because they don't believe that God exists.
And them theists respond in kind only that this time GOD backs them up...
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 8:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
logicboy01:

Yep, it is a sad thing. However, I think atheist groups are becoming more and more powerful. They will help the young man.

I sincerely hope so.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2012
fellis: What a troublesome man. I think he deserved getting jailed.
So, fellis, if I say you are cruel, wicked person, you will send me to life imprisonment?
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by kokabiel(f): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2012
Hello - I think he went too far with prophet mo shagging his in-law. you never know when these Islamic maggots get an itch up their Arabian cracker
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2012
Avicenna:
So, fellis, if I say you are cruel, wicked person, you will send me to life imprisonment?

No, why will I do that?
Besides that has nothing to do with the topic. I am sure there are laws in Indonesia that forbid people from doing things like what Alexander Aan did,but he went ahead and broke those laws.
If he knew he could not live without making fun of Muslims, then he should have moved to a country where such isn't forbidden to do it.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2012
fellis:

No, why will I do that?
Besides that has nothing to do with the topic. I am sure there are laws in Indonesia that forbid people from doing things like what Alexander Aan did,but he went ahead and broke those laws.
If he knew he could not live without making fun of Muslims, then he should have moved to a country where such isn't forbidden to do that.

That is the point. Blasphemy laws are foolish.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by TruthTella(m): 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2012
Ok.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2012
logicboy01:

That is the point. Blasphemy laws are foolish.

They might be foolish to you, but other people take them seriously so you should respect their feelings/be considerate instead of making fun of them.
Atheists should not even be launching groups to support this man. Why would they want to support his showing blatant disregard for things that are dear to theists hearts? Later you atheists wonder why people dislike you.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
fellis:

They might be foolish to you, but other people take them seriously so you should respect their feelings/be considerate instead of making fun of them.
Atheists should not even be launching groups to support this man. Why would they want to support his showing blatant disregard for things that are dear to theists hearts? Later you atheists wonder why people dislike you.

If I put up a billboard saying "there is no God". I would be arrested for stating my atheism. However, you on the other hand can say "Allah is great". How is that fair?
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 24, 2012
The laws of the land prohibit it. This isn't about fair or unfair.
In France, regardless of how much they want to, Jewish boys can't wear their Yamulkas to school and Muslim girls can't wear their hijabs.
Is it fair?
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 1:19am On Jun 24, 2012
fellis: The laws of the land prohibit it. This isn't about fair or unfair.
In France, regardless of how much they want to, Jewish boys can't wear their Yamulkas to school and Muslim girls can't wear their hijabs.
Is it fair?

Very fair. All religions are treated equally with secularism. Keep religion out of the public
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Kay17: 1:42am On Jun 24, 2012
fellis:

But its inequitable to jail and punish a man for his own cherished beliefs for the convenience of the majority. Another man's religious beliefs/faith should not govern his neighbour. Islamic beliefs shouldn't be forced on others.
fellis:

No, why will I do that?
If he knew he could not live without making fun of Muslims, then he should have moved to a country where such isn't forbidden to do it.

Do you support the anti religious laws of Communist States like Soviet Union and Nork Korea??

Would you support a law that prohibts mosques??
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by mkmyers45(m): 1:42am On Jun 24, 2012
He's unorthodox in speech but clearly undeserved injustice....
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 1:44am On Jun 24, 2012
mkmyers45: He's unorthodox in speech but clearly undeserved injustice....

There is growing support for the indonesian atheist;
https://www.nairaland.com/972753/people-fight-back-against-blasphemy
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 1:45am On Jun 24, 2012
Is it fair?

Of course, Islam is never fair to non-muslims. Thank you.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by mkmyers45(m): 2:04am On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

There is growing support for the indonesian atheist;
https://www.nairaland.com/972753/people-fight-back-against-blasphemy
even if he gets away he needs to be taught things like respecting people's opinion..
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 3:06am On Jun 24, 2012
mkmyers45: even if he gets away he needs to be taught things like respecting people's opinion..

Nonsense. He was on facebook and not in public. How many racists get away with racism on the internet.

Just sharaap.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 5:24am On Jun 24, 2012
fellis:

No, why will I do that?
You will do it because I offended you. That's cruel. You think he deserved to be jailed for infidel post on facebook. I think you may even agree with fatwa

Is it just to you to be jailed for your beliefs or lack of? Cos if Japan start jailing all muslims,we know the suicide bombers that will demolish the place.

He should have moved from his homeland because he did not believe in God? This mentality of abandoning your country is a big problem in Nigeria. It is why looters stash their money overseas. It is why successful Nigerians in diaspora do not want to invest large scale in his own country.
If its that easy to leave your country for a better one, most Nigerians will be European citizens by now.

Why don't we make this place the best place? Nelson Mandela thought so. He suffered the consequences. Is the suffering justified? Mind you, South Africa had apartheid laws.(insert blasphemy laws of Indonesia)

Finally, I wonder why you don't move to Saudi Arabia with her sexist, draconian laws. Then, you will understand that freedom of speech,freedom of expression and so many freedoms you take for granted should be your inalienable rights anywhere.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 5:32am On Jun 24, 2012
mkmyers45: even if he gets away he needs to be taught things like respecting people's opinion..
Why didn't they respect his opinion? They jailed him for his opinion!
If they have a problem with it, they should ignore it. He posted links to drawings of Prophet Muhammad. So what! Did he draw and publish them? Did he go to a mosque and disrupt the prayers with his opinions?

Some laws are inherently immoral and unjust.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 5:40am On Jun 24, 2012
Is it fair?
I think being jailed for blasphemy is about fairness. It is unfair.
France had solid reasons for doing that. They are making things equal for all people. No Islamic country will tolerate that. Respecting people's opinion indeed.
You asking whether the hijab's prohibition is fair is like saying students not wearing their Uniform to school and being sent back is unfair.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by mkmyers45(m): 6:06am On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Nonsense. He was on facebook and not in public. How many racists get away with racism on the internet.

Just sharaap.
Write anything that comes to your head...but common teaches modesty and decency..
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by mkmyers45(m): 6:07am On Jun 24, 2012
Avicenna:
Why didn't they respect his opinion? They jailed him for his opinion!
If they have a problem with it, they should ignore it. He posted links to drawings of Prophet Muhammad. So what! Did he draw and publish them? Did he go to a mosque and disrupt the prayers with his opinions?

Some laws are inherently immoral and unjust.
Was he modest or didnt know the law? I think that the man shoulders some level of blame anyway..
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 9:10am On Jun 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Write anything that comes to your head...but common teaches modesty and decency..

Please, define modesty and decency? Are they not subjective?

If I said that momo was a pedophile because of his 9 year old bride;
-most non-muslims will call it a modest truth
-I would be arrested i most sharia countries.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Was he modest or didnt know the law? I think that the man shoulders some level of blame anyway..

I agree. I didn't expect an atheist to have this point of view . . . . . smiley

Avicenna:
You will do it because I offended you. That's cruel. You think he deserved to be jailed for infidel post on facebook. I think you may even agree with fatwa

Finally, I wonder why you don't move to Saudi Arabia with her sexist, draconian laws. Then, you will understand that freedom of speech,freedom of expression and so many freedoms you take for granted should be your inalienable rights anywhere.
logicboy01:

Of course, Islam is never fair to non-muslims. Thank you.
Kay 17:

But its inequitable to jail and punish a man for his own cherished beliefs for the convenience of the majority. Another man's religious beliefs/faith should not govern his neighbour. Islamic beliefs shouldn't be forced on others.

Do you support the anti religious laws of Communist States like Soviet Union and Nork Korea??

Would you support a law that prohibts mosques??

grin See how all of them just gathered to attack me like hungry hawks that want to tear a prey apart. Lmao.
I don't want to argue this thing any further. Feel free to believe anything you like about this issue.
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by logicboy01: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2012
fellis:

grin See how all of them just gathered to attack me like hungry hawks that want to tear a prey apart. Lmao.
I don't want to argue this thing any further. Feel free to believe anything you like about this issue.

Wow, call for the punishment of an innocent man and then play the victim. This religious fallacy is getting old. The Indonesian atheist is getting support because the non-muslim world is tired of this..............
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 11:54am On Jun 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Was he modest or didnt know the law? I think that the man shoulders some level of blame anyway..
If I decided to go out and insult some people and I got beaten up then I am to be blamed. I provoked them, they will be treated with leniency in a court of law. But I do not have enough blame to be sent to 2+ f.ucking years in prison!
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
Re: Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! by Avicenna: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
fellis:

I agree. I didn't expect an atheist to have this point of view . . . . . smiley

It is funny how you like saying atheists are immoral and I'm the one arguing for morality here!
One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is
unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of
imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the
community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the
highest respect for law.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

An unjust law is no law at all.

It is disturbing how religion turns a perfectly rational and intelligent person into evil and injustice apologist. It is so sad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Out-of-body-experience Aka Astral Projection. A discussion. / Pastor Sotitobire, Akure Prophet Performing Miracles During Their Water Service / Merry Christmas! Anyone Struggling To Feed Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.