Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,089 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

The President Cannot Be Summoned Like A School Boy! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President Cannot Be Summoned Like A School Boy! (649 Views)

"I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'mere' Commissioner" - Saraki To Osinbajo / Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The President Cannot Be Summoned Like A School Boy! by gonzaga: 11:31am On Jun 24, 2012
The recent security challenges in the country had prevented me from commentng on other topical issues in the polity. Chief among these issues is the laughable and irresponsible summons issued by the house of reps to the president.

To start with, I hav observed the bellicose posture the house of reps had adopted in its relations with the executive since the emergence of it current leadership. The house had often been antagonistic on any matter that has a direct bearing to the executive and seems to be more interested at playing to the gallery.

One would have expected the house to deligate a high powered committee to visit the president and find out whatever they intend to ask him on the security situation in the country and not to issue a public statement summoning the president like a school boy.

This house which at best, can be described as a den of theives and morally bankrupt individuals lacks the locus standi to summon the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in such a disgraceful manner. A house that could not muster the courage to summon an ex-president who called them robbers and theives, who could not call to order an ex-dictator who is best known for issuing inciteful statements cannot summon a sitting president on the pages of newspaper.

The house of reps should be reminded that there is a limit to madness and irresponsibility. They can also go ahead and summon me for expressing myself! Nonsense!
Re: The President Cannot Be Summoned Like A School Boy! by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
Like I said . . . Nigerians are the authors of their own problems and insanities.

The law has spoken, yet here is a Nigerian suggesting that the President subvert the law. Tomorrow, if someone else decides to subvert the law following the example the president lays for the people,I hope you will be here to cheer that person on.

You will never achieve a dream of a better society if all you do is continue to kick against the laws that are meant to bring sanity to chaos. Either you uphold the law ALL THE TIME, or you create situations for you politicians to operate above the law, and watch the chaos continue to blossom.
Re: The President Cannot Be Summoned Like A School Boy! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
gonzaga: The recent security challenges in the country had prevented me from commentng on other topical issues in the polity. Chief among these issues is the laughable and irresponsible summons issued by the house of reps to the president.

To start with, I hav observed the bellicose posture the house of reps had adopted in its relations with the executive since the emergence of it current leadership. The house had often been antagonistic on any matter that has a direct bearing to the executive and seems to be more interested at playing to the gallery.

One would have expected the house to deligate a high powered committee to visit the president and find out whatever they intend to ask him on the security situation in the country and not to issue a public statement summoning the president like a school boy.

This house which at best, can be described as a den of theives and morally bankrupt individuals lacks the locus standi to summon the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in such a disgraceful manner. A house that could not muster the courage to summon an ex-president who called them robbers and theives, who could not call to order an ex-dictator who is best known for issuing inciteful statements cannot summon a sitting president on the pages of newspaper.

The house of reps should be reminded that there is a limit to madness and irresponsibility. They can also go ahead and summon me for expressing myself! Nonsense!

The House of Reps and indeed the entire NASS have constitutional responsibility to checkmate the excesses of the Executive and in the process preserve the interests of all Nigerians. To that extent, I don't support your observation that the House has been bellicose or antagonistic to the present administration so far that their actions were and are still within the armpit of law.

I also disagree with this your statement in its entirety because it tends to subjugate the NASS under the executive. They are both equal in the eyes of the constitution. Neither is greater than the other.

The house of reps should be reminded that there is a limit to madness and irresponsibility.
I agree with you 100% on this. This present call by the House is as irresponsible as unconstitutional. They do not have such powers to summon president Jonathan or any incumbent president as "anyone" in Nigeria does not equal to everyone. The call is irresponsible, disrespectful, self serving and it should be condemned by all.

(1) (Reply)

Describe PDP In One Word!!!! / Islam Is A Religion Of War / So Igbos Want To Steal Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.