Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People (51524 Views)

Did West Africans Develop Cast Iron In Pre-colonial Times? / Interesting Images From Precolonial And Early Colonial Africa / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by googi: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
International usurper,

Again I ask, why was the topic changed from: Nsibidi Igbo Writing To Writing of the Southeast?

4 Likes

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2017
obong:
lies. Nsibidi doesn't translate to any Igbo word. That's not how the script is built. Trying to make it like the Roman alphabet shows your don't understand it and actually undercuts it being a reflection of Igbo culture
Please, can you explain to us the origin of this your Igbo phobia grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 10, 2017
googi:
International usurper,

Again I ask, why was the topic changed from: Nsibidi Igbo Writing To Writing of the Southeast?

Last I checked, Southeast consisted of the 5 Igbo states cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by dutch84(f): 4:09am On Mar 08, 2019
Check out the fan art I made using Akagu version of Nsibidi (found here http://blog.nsibiri.org/2017/09/akagu-igbo-alphabet.html )
I also ended up making it using Roman Characters and a font that resembles the font in the Black Panther movies.
What do you all think?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by sherlock229(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2019
it would be cool if all Nigerians adopts this as our official writing system. at least the southern Nigerians
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Daverytimes(m): 11:18pm On May 16, 2020
dutch84:
Check out the fan art I made using Akagu version of Nsibidi (found here http://blog.nsibiri.org/2017/09/akagu-igbo-alphabet.html )
I also ended up making it using Roman Characters and a font that resembles the font in the Black Panther movies.
What do you all think?

That's nice.
First heard about Nsibidi on Sribd back in 2013, there was a guy who was putting together a dictionary and in general worrking towards reviving it. Didn't pay attention to it till late last year, trying to learn it now and akagu is really a breeze to learn, nsibidi is a lot harder but when the two are used it flows nicely.

We need to start using this in Igbo communication, am hoping it becomes widespread over the next decade.

2 Likes

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by darfay: 1:51pm On May 17, 2020
googi:
International usurper,

Because nsibidi was created by ejagham and not Igbo and geographical southeast Nigeria comprises Akwa cross .Thief thief people
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by darwin66109: 8:33am On May 18, 2020
I wonder how my name Jonathan okechukwu will look
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Daverytimes(m): 12:11pm On May 18, 2020
darwin66109:
I wonder how my name Jonathan okechukwu will look

There is an Nsibidi translator where you type in things and it shows you how it would look, download that and you'll see.
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by SonOfEl(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2020
darfay:

Because nsibidi was created by ejagham and not Igbo and geographical southeast Nigeria comprises Akwa cross .Thief thief people

Sicko. Alphabet came from Greek letters which also originated from Phoenicia. Are Englishmen now thieves?

1 Like

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by SonOfEl(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2020
obong:
shut up. It wasn't popularized by Igbos. They're trying to claim it and that's why the owners are fighting them.

You are so pathetic, you ain't even ejagham. whether you believe or not, nsibidi is part of igbo history.

1 Like

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Hotice085: 5:16am On May 21, 2020
SonOfEl:

You are so pathetic, you ain't even ejagham. whether you believe or not, nsibidi is part of igbo history.

SHARAP! The only Igbo people permitted to speak about nsibidi are the Aros and Abriba people for their slave dealing with us, you people only like falsehoods.
If u don't know d origin of d people around the River Cross just be quiet, Ibos were basically sold as slaves and nsibidi was practiced by a society only know to this region and the Aros/Abribas were tolerated
Ibos no nothing about it
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Hotice085: 5:20am On May 21, 2020
googi:
International usurper,

That is how they will tell u Lagos is no mans land, claiming what is never theirs you can see it in KANU
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by SonOfEl(m): 11:19am On May 21, 2020
Hotice085:

SHARAP! The only Igbo people permitted to speak about nsibidi are the Aros and Abriba people for their slave dealing with us, you people only like falsehoods.
If u don't know d origin of d people around the River Cross just be quiet, Ibos were basically sold as slaves and nsibidi was practiced by a society only know to this region and the Aros/Abribas were tolerated
Ibos no nothing about it

Chai....is this how demented you have become? Who are the Aros and Abiribas to start with? Are they "southsouth" too? Lol

FYI, The entire southern and parts of northern igboland used nsibidi. The entire Abia, Imo, large parts of Ebonyi and rivers as well as handful parts of Anambra, Enugu used Nsibidi. Study you won't study.

You can't rewrite history. I'm from Umuahia in Abia and our ancestors were part and parcel of the ancient okonko (ekpe) society.

You are just an illiterate privileged to use the internet.
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Hotice085: 11:46am On May 21, 2020
SonOfEl:

Chai....is this how demented you have become? Who are the Aros and Abiribas to start with? Are they "southsouth" too? Lol

FYI, The entire southern and parts of northern igboland used nsibidi. The entire Abia, Imo, large parts of Ebonyi and rivers as well as handful parts of Anambra, Enugu used Nsibidi. Study you won't study.

You can't rewrite history. I'm from Umuahia in Abia and our ancestors were part and parcel of the ancient okonko (ekpe) society.

If u go down to the Americas Carribeans and Europe, run their DNA you will see that majority of the slaves sold were IBO's
How can people hiding from their slave masters have time to even have come sense?
Umauahia was really a domain use to fish for slaves, don't u dare mention it....no wonder the coward KANU a Jew wants to feel among
Come do you people have identity or inferiority complex has eaten of your entire useless brain?
See who is mentioning Ekpe?
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by SonOfEl(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2020
Hotice085:

If u go down to the Americas Carribeans and Europe, run their DNA you will see that majority of the slaves sold were IBO's
How can people hiding from their slave masters have time to even have come sense?
Umauahia was really a domain use to fish for slaves, don't u dare mention it....no wonder the coward KANU a Jew wants to feel among
Come do you people have identity or inferiority complex has eaten of your entire useless brain?
See who is mentioning Ekpe?

Again, useless rants leaking from your e-mouth.

ihe n'imaghi, imaghi.
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Hotice085: 6:08pm On May 21, 2020
SonOfEl:

Again, useless rants leaking from your e-mouth.

ihe n'imaghi, imaghi.

Unam ikot

1 Like

Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by darwin66109: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
Daverytimes:

There is an Nsibidi translator where you type in things and it shows you how it would look, download that and you'll see.

I just download it thanks for d tips
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by obong(m): 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
SonOfEl:

Sicko. Alphabet came from Greek letters which also originated from Phoenicia. Are Englishmen now thieves?
when have the English ever claimed to have invented the alphabet. they even refer to them as Latin alphabeth
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by obong(m): 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
SonOfEl:

lol who told you I'm not ejagham? I am. but it doesnt change the facts. that is always the response from from you guys.
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by obong(m): 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
SonOfEl:

that's a big lie. only small parts used nsibidi. and very tiny parts were invited to join ekpe. ever notice that no one else tries to claim aspects of your culture.
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by SonOfEl(m): 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
obong:
that's a big lie. only small parts used nsibidi. and very tiny parts were invited to join ekpe. ever notice that no one else tries to claim aspects of your culture.

Keep jamposting.....you can't change history. southern Igbo and parts of northern Igbo became part and parcel of nsibidi
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Hotice085: 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
SonOfEl:

Keep jamposting.....you can't change history. southern Igbo and parts of northern Igbo became part and parcel of nsibidi

Criminal SHARAP ya mouth
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by SonOfEl(m): 8:03am On Jun 30, 2020
Hotice085:

Criminal SHARAP ya mouth

hungry e-thug
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Hotice085: 8:53am On Jun 30, 2020
SonOfEl:

hungry e-thug

Ewu Nsibidi
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by SonOfEl(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2020
Hotice085:

Ewu Nsibidi

mgbada nwuruanwu
Re: Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People by Hotice085: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2020
SonOfEl:

mgbada nwuruanwu

Idiok Ino

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident / Oba Ewuare Rides In His Rolls Royce For Thanksgiving. PICS / Anambra Masquerade Burnt to Death During Cultural Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.