Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University (21735 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At John Hopkins University-punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
Jarus: Good one.

If this happened in a Nigerian university, some lazy students and graduates will rubbish it. Statements like 'it can't happen in my school; XYZ school dashes people grades; no, the school is glorified secondary school; if he came to my school, he would have had 3rd class; mathematically, it is not possible' etc would have started flying on this thread. I pity such people with negative, pessimistic mentality.

gulfer:
But what does he consider to be the missing links in the education sector of Nigeria when compared with that on offer in US, Ohuabunwa said unpredictable academic calendar, corruption, examination malpractice and inadequate funding were some of the problems confronting his home country’s university sector. These, he said, were absent in the US.

“There were a few problems with Nigerian higher education that contributed to our emigration in 2003. The first was the number of strikes that occurred in schools. It took my uncle seven years to graduate with a degree that should have taken him only four years. A second problem was the corruption. We had heard of people going into universities, because they paid someone to look the other way. I also heard of a few cheating scandals, where people would pay someone to take their exams for them or get a copy of the exam a few days before,” he said.

Facts are what they are. We KNOW the country we live in, so don't even try to compare apples and oranges.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sagamite:

What a stewpid write up!

So our identity is not to have access to 3 square meals, good healthcare, good education, public amenities, security and all the other stuff that makes life easier?

Or what else is used for assessing poverty and development? What would you use to measure that will not lead to Africa still being extremely backward and underdevelopment.

These questions also go out to all the people that praised this dumb write up.

This is the same problem we keep saying of some nescient Nigerians who smugly think they know what they are saying but absolutely have no clue what they are talking about. This is a respectful forum, avoid use of words as "stu$pid" make your point and allow other members to be the judge. Please!

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by okwud(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
slimming: so 3.9 GPA is a celebration in that university? when lots of people are making 4.5+ in Nigeria without international recognition.

Slimming their point grade average is on a total of 4, which some universities in Nigeria run also. But some other university in Nigeria run on point grade average of 5 points, and that's why one can get 4.5.If you place his 3.98 on 5.0 point grade average he will score 4.975 out of a total of 5.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
Danka7777:

This is the same problem we keep saying of some nescient Nigerians who smugly think they know what they are saying but absolutely has no clue what they are talking about. This is a respectful forum, make your point and allow other members to be the judge. Please!

Arguing with that self-hating guy is like arguing with a table, please ignore him...

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by hustla(m): 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
And if he finished from a private Uni wif a first class,nairalanders will be shouting and screaming
Can you nw see??
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex:

Arguing with that self-hating guy is like arguing with a table, please ignore him...

Yes my brother! He is totally lost in the wilderness all alone; trying to bring him homesmiley
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by tessyade: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
Intrepid!:
Labaran Maku will soon claim this as one of the successes of Jonathan's administration.
lol
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
gulfer: Rephrase what you said and was hidden....

I had written that the Abia State Governor should declare a work free day in the state to celebrate this achievement. And besides, the Ibos are now impressing me...how about the Yorubas and Hausas..period?
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Sagamite(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Danka7777:

This is the same problem we keep saying of some nescient Nigerians who smugly think they know what they are saying but absolutely has no clue what they are talking about. This is a respectful forum, avoid use of words as "stu$pid" make your point and allow other members to be the judge. Please!

You are a foool!

What do you know? Where in your post have you been able to answer my questions? You think ranting about some lame work thousands of years ago is what would excuse where Africa is today?

And your dumb arse is talking about nescient?

shymmex:

Hoodrat (that the white man failed) why are you not answering the questions?
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by jawjaw1: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
A true igbo son.
Ga n'ihu nwanne.
We celebrate you as Nigerians.
As someone who is studying in North America, I must say this is no easy feat.
Congrats and keep the flag flying.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Danka7777:

Yes my brother! He is totally lost in the wilderness all alone; trying to bring him homesmiley

You can't educate people like him... Leave him, he will find himself later in life, when reality hits him hard... grin
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by ibb4(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
slimming: so 3.9 GPA is a celebration in that university? when lots of people are making 4.5+ in Nigeria without international recognition.

Slimming boy / girl you got it wrong! but i think i understand your frustration!why can't Nigeria recognize the lowly and the not connected ones?why always the same old people?Why no national honors to best Nigerian students studying in Nigeria? i feel you bro..

Gents, I followed carefully your comments about slimming, and i think we should understand his state of mind just as we need to under our president Jonathan.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by hustla(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Jarus: Good one.

If this happened in a Nigerian university, some lazy students and graduates will rubbish it. Statements like 'it can't happen in my school; XYZ school dashes people grades; no, the school is glorified secondary school; if he came to my school, he would have had 3rd class; mathematically, it is not possible' etc would have started flying on this thread. I pity such people with negative, pessimistic mentality.

Thank You and God bless u!
U've said it all! Nigerians have dis 'we mus suffer' mentality dat I don't understand!!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
The white man never failed, he achieved what's best for HIS people, and I rate him for that... But I also don't kiss his arse. undecided

The black man needs to do the same thing... The world is about the survival of the fittest, and the only way the black man can survive is by breaking free from the yoke of the white man to find an identity, and a niche for himself... We're lost at the moment, that's why Africa is the way it is..
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Davoo36: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
jaja77:

Very well said !!!
MODERATOR, I LOVE THAT, AWESOME COMMEND. THAT'S EXACTLY Y PEOPLE ARE FAILLING IN THEIR VARIOUS ENDEAVOURS AS A RESULT OF NOT READING THE PRECEPTS/INSTRUCTNS VERY WELL BEFORE VENTURING TO ANS. THEY LACK PATIENCE, MEDITATIONS/COMPRENDING THE SCENARIO. QUITE BAD BUT THEN IS THERE ANY VERSITY IN NIGERIA THAT IS USING 4.0 AS A MAX CGPA/GP ALTHOUGH I SUSPECT U.I OR ABU
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Sagamite(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex: The white man never failed, he achieved what's best for HIS people, and I rate him for that... But I also don't kiss his arse. undecided

The black man needs to do the same thing... The world is about the survival of the fittest, and the only way the black man can survive is by breaking free from the yoke of the white man to find an identity, and a niche for himself... We're lost at the moment, that's why Africa is the way it is..

And what would that identity look like?
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by oge4real(f): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
I am sooo proud of this guy, and I pray that someday, my child will also excel in his/her endeavour.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by pendusky(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
3.98 of 4.0 not 4.5 of 8.0 in ur skul. Lol
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex: The white man never failed, he achieved what's best for HIS people, and I rate him for that... But I also don't kiss his arse. undecided

Beautifully said. Couldn't have said it any better!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by DonaldGenes(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2012

abeq help me ask 'em ooo
evn ma bro dat qraduated with 4:33Gp...yet nothng was qiven..stewpid coun3
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by khalids: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
It appears that all we do is argue, abuse and put down people in this country. Please if you see someone with an opinion different from your, try and win him over or make him better understand your opinion by bringing in sound logic, examples and evidence. And if that does not work, let him be. This abuse and insults only keeps us apart as a people and achieves nothing at the end of the day.....
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by tunapawizzy: 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2012
@slimming u r an embodiment of hatred n jealousy. Ur impatience only betrayed u to expose those evil personalities u av. If u continue like dis ..u myt not get far in life. Use d boy's achievement as a point of contact for ursef or ur kids. People like must always want to pull others down in order for dem to move up. Blady hater.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Next2Bezee(m): 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2012
Really proud of this guy, I pray God continues to reward us with the best and give us the grace to continue to work hard for it all..Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
oge4real: I am sooo proud of this guy, and I pray that someday, my child will also excel in his/her endeavour.

I second your prayer for your child to be like him. Also pray may he/she never be like this thing with username: Sagamite. He is an epitome of why Africa is backward today; in fact he is the one holding us back.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by manny4life(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
People, pleas, you guys have been harsh enough on @slimming, yeah he messed up, but it's ok... grin grin grin

@Topic, CONGRATULATIONS.

JHU, being one of the TOP 5 medical schools in the country and graduating with such distinction, that's AWESOME. He's pay would probably be in the mid lower six figures, i.e., depending on the market region. Anyway, I wish him well. wink wink wink
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
Danka7777:

I second your prayer for your child to be like him. Also pray may he/she never be like this thing with username: Sagamite. He is an epitome of why Africa is backward today; in fact you are the one holding us back.

You are a person!

The epitome of why Africa is backward today is the reetards like you that love giving excuses and pointing fingers instead of working hard.

Moorons that allude to past glory to harness some lame pride.

You are still running from my questions? grin Keep running!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Skywalker5(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
Find Out!:

lol... Yeah, u r right, but remember that d colour of his skin is still BLACK (or brown.lol), & that can never be separated from him. Obama being described as the first BLACK president of the US isnt an insult, same as the description of this kid's achievement here. We are not all the same, but then, there is(should be) unity in diversity bro.

I understand what you are saying but its like saying to black kids."Look, a black man has finally achieved what other races has been doing over the years".How will that kid feel? he going to be thinking that just one out of millions that has struggled to make it.And you read all the stories of how he was brought up in a tough neighborhood and stuff. Thats is not helping matters. How many white successful folks talk about trials and tribulation they went through to succeed. But a black man is always quick to talk about how he was raised in the hood and how he could not eat three square meals. Thats how i think it sounds. Its sad when you hear black successful people who come out with sad stories of their past does not help the future kids in my own opinion. It makes the kids feel "well he got lucky".
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by gulfer: 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
Keneking:

I had written that the Abia State Governor should declare a work free day in the state to celebrate this achievement. And besides, the Ibos are now impressing me...how about the Yorubas and Hausas..period?
The struck out part of your post above reeks of immaturity anyway and if I were a Moderator, will also hide the post. The first part made sense while the latter part was .
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by olasdot: 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2012

can't you read and comprehend before making comments? 3.98 out of 4.0. The 4.5 you are talking about is on 5.0 and with that, you can't compare it with the 3.98 of 4.0.

The 4.5 out of 5 is equivalent to 3.50 of 4. So, can you see the guy is a GENIUS? therefore, he is worth international recognition.

Kudos to the guy.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by SamAfrik(m): 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
This story reflects the maturity of USA. A nation dt runs on merits & rewards hardwork. A country that is compassionate to immigrants & attracts talents world over.
God bless America (& countries alike).
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by inene: 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
Somthing does not sound right here. Why would he be leaving JOhns Hopkins Univeristy which is the world's numero uno in medical training and science to Yale. Ths is just an observation. You would not finish in Unilag and bag a scholarship to study in Lasu (apologies to Lasuites)
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

The epitome of why Africa is backward today is the reetards like you that love giving excuses and pointing fingers instead of working hard.

Moorons that allude to past glory to harness some lame pride.

You are still running from my questions? grin Keep running!

Work hard? I hate to be immodest, but to set the record straight, like Emmanuel, I graduated at the top of my class (Summa cum laude) from a top school in the U.S also. Winner of Lockheed Martin scholarship out 10,000 applicants. Also graduated at the top of my high school class: Loyola Jesuit College. So, speaking of "hard work" I have been working hard all my life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilorin Post Ume Latest News- The Questions / Unizik Admission Status Is Fully Out. No More Admission Is Still In Progress For Admitted Ones / 7 Types Of People You Meet In An Exam Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.