Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University (21739 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At John Hopkins University-punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by SamAfrik(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2012
Weldone omo naija rere. He raised many important questions dt need pondering on. e.g. misplaced priorities of our docs. & profs, corruption in govt.
The earlier we realised dt our system is killing destinies of children d better.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Intrepid1(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2012
Labaran Maku will soon claim this as one of the successes of Jonathan's administration.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 26, 2012
Fascinating story. The sort of child that is every parent's dream. Sadly, they're few and far between. We're talking about John Hopkins here, not any of the countless moimoi schools all over the US and UK. It's an incredible feat. By the way, I assume Emmanuel might be a nephew to Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa - Chairman of Neimeth Pharmaceuticals and erstwhile chairman of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group? The Ohuabunwa clan is quite illustrious.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by rasputinn(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2012
Nice
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by lyfe(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2012
This guy would be lost in the crowd if he was in Nigeria. I think the educational system in the US brings out the best in you. Through out my final year as an undergraduate I used candle and light illuminating from my mobile phone to read, the incessant strikes and bad lecturers; that would tell you that you would fail his course at the beginning of his class and only bright student would manage to have C. It's no fun at all schooling in Nigeria.
My only concern for the dude is the Phi Beta group he joined has some elements of occultism.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Afam4eva(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2012
pro01: Fascinating story. The sort of child that is every parent's dream. Sadly, they're few and far between. We're talking about John Hopkins here, not any of the countless moimoi schools all over the US and UK. It's an incredible feat. By the way, I assume Emmanuel might be a nephew to Mazi Am Ohuabunwa - Chairman of Neimeth Pharmaseuticals and erstwhile chairman of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group? The Ohuabunwa clan is quite illustrious.
Quite possible.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by khalids: 11:05am On Jun 26, 2012
slimming: so 3.9 GPA is a celebration in that university? when lots of people are making 4.5+ in Nigeria without international recognition.

Please lets not allow this fellows statement to distract us from the topic at hand.

The young (Emmanuel) has done very well and has indeed done Nigeria proud. Believe me, there are many people of his caliber in this country, its just unfortunate that our system does not celebrate achievers nor encourage them....well done Emmanuel.

However I'm not so sure if its the right decision for him to comeback to Nigeria, as many who have come back in the past have been rubbished by the system. Suggest he prays hard about that...........
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by denitro(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2012
slimming: so 3.9 GPA is a celebration in that university? when lots of people are making 4.5+ in Nigeria without international recognition.

3.98 in the US is equivalent to making 4.98 in a Nigerian University
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by bezimo(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2012
This is coming at a time when the Ibos and yorubas are producing people of excellence, and bringing glory, honour and respect to themselves and the Nation, The Hausas are busy promoting and encouraging terrorism to tear the country apart.Congrats Ohuabunwa.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Efizzi: 11:09am On Jun 26, 2012

@SLIMING, THIS IS JUST EVIDENCE THAT YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO A ANALYSE SIMPLE SENTENCE.
ITS BETTER TO KEEP MUTE IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SAY WHAT YOU DONT KNOW. MEDIOCRITY IS THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO THINK THEY KNOW BUT DONT KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL. MY ADVISE TO YOU IS TO KEEP QUIET AND CONTINUE LEARNING.simple
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2012
When ¶ see stories like dis, ¶ always feel Ђα̲̅ppƔ & sad. HAPPY; because a fellow country man is doin †ЂΞ nation proud. SAD; because wit existin rot in our edu system, ¶ was able τ̅o make a 3.79 genuinely. Well, God dey.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by infofirst(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2012
Good bless Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by tanimola22: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2012
Efizzi:

@SLIMING, THIS IS JUST EVIDENCE THAT YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO A ANALYSE SIMPLE SENTENCE.
ITS BETTER TO KEEP MUTE IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SAY WHAT YOU DONT KNOW. MEDIOCRITY IS THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO THINK THEY KNOW BUT DONT KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL. MY ADVISE TO YOU IS TO KEEP QUIET AND CONTINUE LEARNING.simple

Bros, abeg make una forgive am. Na exposure problem dey worry am..

Some people just believe that the entire world and all counntries therein adopt the 0.00-5.00 grading system..What a myopic assumption.

T22
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Sagamite(m): 11:15am On Jun 26, 2012
gulfer:
“That, combined with my hours of volunteer service in different hospitals across the US allowed me to gain acceptance into every medical school I applied to, including Harvard, Yale, Johns Hopkins, Columbia, and Cornell. As the time came to make a decision, I had narrowed it down to Harvard and Yale. Both schools, I enjoyed visiting. Nevertheless, while my parents prayed, they asked God to give us a sign of what school to attend. A few days later, I received a letter from Yale Medical School, offering me a full ride scholarship for all four years. That was the sign from God,” he said.

When he grows up, I hope he drops this lame unscientific part of his thinking.

gulfer:
Ohuabunwa, however, said that his parents, who he described as his greatest role models, contributed a lot to his academic feat through Godly training, counsel and guidance. He also did not forget the impact that his short stay at Air Force school had on him.

Later, some lunatically western law would say a woman is entitled to half because he made it by being married to her.

When his parents do not even have a right to claim a cent.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by denitro(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2012
Jenams: When ¶ see stories like dis, ¶ always feel Ђα̲̅ppƔ & sad. HAPPY; because of a fellow country man doin †ЂΞ nation proud. SAD; because wit †ЂΞ rot in our edu system, ¶ was able τ̅o make a 3.79. Well, God dey.

USA -
A=4.0
B=3.0
C=2.0
D=1.0
F=0
Meaning the highest u can get in a US universities is 4.0

MOST NIGERIAN universities
A=5.0
B=4.0
C=3.0
D=2.0
E=1.0
F=0

Meaning the highest you can get in most Nigerian universities is 5.0

So u see why 3.98 in a US top university is a big deal
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by sen8or(m): 11:18am On Jun 26, 2012
Guy learn to read a complete sentence.......lack of patience don expose ur weakness
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by 2good(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2012
Danka7777:

Thanks for the observation. If you live in the U.S, I am assure you hear these all the time: "First black to do this, First black man to do that, Blah blah blah" I get pretty irritated by these, and I can tell this is by design to demean us(black people).

Congratulations to the young man!

ALL NEED TO WATCH THIS. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SEEN AS A NIGGER!

[flash=400,425]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eMwYtycb_I''[/flash]

In as much as I understand your frustration, do you expect the bigger world to take blacks race serious with the high level of poverty and lack of growth on the African continent? I'm not trying to be anti African but raising a reality of what is happening in Africa.
The only solution to ending the stereotype you so despise is looking for how to develop Africa because almost everything we use or learn have been developed by other race. We have to look inward and ask ourself what is the problem with Africa first because getting angry will not solve the problem.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:22am On Jun 26, 2012
sen8or:
Guy learn to read a complete sentence.......lack of patience don expose ur weakness

You'll be betting a long shot if you put your money on that guy making a 1.0 GPA in school.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 26, 2012
Sagamite:

When he grows up, I hope he drops this lame unscientific part of his thinking.

Later, some lunatically western law would say a woman is entitled to half because he made it by being married to her.

When his parents do not even have a right to claim a cent.

Lol! Sounds like you speaking from hardcore experience, did your wife collect half your wealth?

Good point made though!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by 2good(m): 11:25am On Jun 26, 2012
tanimola22:

Bros, abeg make una forgive am. Na exposure problem dey worry am..

Some people just believe that the entire world and all counntries therein adopt the 0.00-5.00 grading system..What a myopic assumption.

T22

But this guy is a disgrace because he suppose to be either a university undergraduate or a university graduate. People need to know that university is not all about dy/dx or studying principles of what ever. University education should open you to how the world works.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by lakunzle: 11:26am On Jun 26, 2012

Learn how to appreciate good things in peoples live if posible use it as a point of contact to your own sucess.....
Enemy of progress
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Sagamite(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2012
Danka7777:

Lol! Sounds like you speaking from hardcore experience, did your wife collect half your wealth?

Good point made though!

Dem never born the woman wey go fit do that.

It is just exposure of my intellectual observation.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by queensmith: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2012
Danka7777:
NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SEEN AS A NIGGER!

It saddens my heart sad. Thats capitalism for you eh.

Sky-walker:

I was about to say the same thing? Why use 1st black man?Does that mean after all this years , a black man finally achieved. you meant to celebrate the guy as an individual,not by the color of his skin.

Exactly, it wasn't soo long ago neuroscience was used to prove blacks were inherently stewpid. He should have known lol. Racism exists in all corners of the gaffe.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by omenka(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2012
Are you blind or u are just another variant of gudluck jonathan. It says 3.98 out of a possible 4.0 and not 5.0 as we hav in naija. So tell me, between 3.98/4.0 and 3.9/5.0, which is greater?
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Sagamite(m): 11:32am On Jun 26, 2012
2good:

In as much as I understand your frustration, do you expect the bigger world to take blacks race serious with the high level of poverty and lack of growth on the African continent? I'm not trying to be anti African but raising a reality of what is happening in Africa.
The only solution to ending the stereotype you so despise is looking for how to develop Africa because almost everything we use or learn have been developed by other race. We have to look inward and ask ourself what is the problem with Africa first because getting angry will not solve the problem.

So fcking well said.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2012
And the mods have hidden all the congratulatory posts by Ndi Igbos to our son that has made us proud..

Thats bad!!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by nodullin(m): 11:37am On Jun 26, 2012

I'm sure dis dude^^ don't knw that the University of Ibadan have a maximum CGPA of 7.0. I'm also sure he doesn't read very well before making inferences. I hope he is able to make a CGPA above 2.0.. That's if he is in school, cos I don't fink has graduated.
Intrepid!:
Labaran Maku will soon claim this as one of the successes of Jonathan's administration.
That got me LMA0!! BTW: anoda GEJ hater on d prowl~~

Congrats Emma!!
Truly 9gerians are intelligent... Its just dat d system does not bring out the best of our students...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Quantitative Reasoning For Basic 5 (pg 34) Solution / List Of Universities And Polytechnics Marine Engineering In Nigeria / Unizik Admission Status Is Fully Out. No More Admission Is Still In Progress For Admitted Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.