Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,658 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University (21722 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / Nigerian Breaks Academic Record At John Hopkins University-punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Dhelake: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
Intrepid!:
Labaran Maku will soon claim this as one of the successes of Jonathan's administration.
na so o ...
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Dhelake: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sagamite:

Another person making moronic claims online.

Queensmith said she has a medical degree from a UK Top 5 university but yet argues that:

a) Obese women have equal chance of attracting mates as slim women.

b) Men that are 10 years older than their partners are perverts but being gay is not.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is the foool that has a medical degree from a UK Top 5 university?

Maybe she has a medical degree from London School of Business and Finance. grin grin grin

Any foool like you both can claim whatever they like on cyberspace. grin

You graduated top of your class in a US top school but yet your moronic arse (1) cannot answer my questions and (2) reverts to achievements 300000000 years ago to excuse Africa's current failure?

Cretin! Who do you think you are fooling? grin

From the way reetards argue, I can judge their academic quality. You are a foool!
yeeeeii .. Dem go come NL , come dey lie
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nimakor: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
slimming: so 3.9 GPA is a celebration in that university? when lots of people are making 4.5+ in Nigeria without international recognition.
Bro chill. Its 3.98 out of 4.0 not 5 (naija grading). Thats so not easy man.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by itsmayiela(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
Good. Amerika and d world, una no dey announce dis kain tin 4 cnn and bbc or aljazeera ooooh......but if na bomb blast by farouk lawal, una go dey repeat am as breaking news for many weeks. Nobody hears wat happens in d pot, its only wat happens in the mortar they hear
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Skywalker5(m): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
itsmayiela: Good. Amerika and d world, una no dey announce dis kain tin 4 cnn and bbc or aljazeera ooooh......but if na bomb blast by farouk lawal, una go dey repeat am as breaking news for many weeks. Nobody hears wat happens in d pot, its only wat happens in the mortar they hear

I don't understand what you saying. So they should announce that a black man has finally achieved a grade which other races have been achieving for a long time?
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Sagamite(m): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
itsmayiela: Good. Amerika and d world, una no dey announce dis kain tin 4 cnn and bbc or aljazeera ooooh......but if na bomb blast by farouk lawal, una go dey repeat am as breaking news for many weeks. Nobody hears wat happens in d pot, its only wat happens in the mortar they hear

Kai!

E no go better for IBB and Abasha!

May God make them rot in the hottest part of hellfire.

They have finished our youths' future.

Kai!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Uniquexty(f): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
كلورين: [size=13pt]Hey guys.
Check this out..
[/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/974664/wind-turbine-construction-pics#11233244

u dnt have a name, only an arabic sign? I strongly believe dat u r pushing us to check a bomb out
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
slimming: so 3.9 GPA is a celebration in that university? when lots of people are making 4.5+ in Nigeria without international recognition.
it is 3.9 in a zcale of 4.0 so if u want that in nigeria u will have 4.9 in a scale of 5.0
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by jimmyboy1010(m): 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
gulfer: Even in these uncertain times, great things are coming out of Nigeria.
congratulations boy! We need to pop champagne!!! Good thing from our land... Boy you're a good Ambassador!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Skywalker5(m): 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sagamite:

Kai!

E no go better for IBB and Abasha!

May God make them rot in the hottest part of hellfire.

They have finished our youths' future.

Kai!

grin grin grin grin. I get what you mean grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by queensmith: 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
Danka7777:

Work hard? I hate to be immodest, but to set the record straight, like Emmanuel, I graduated at the top of my class (Summa cum laude) from a top school in the U.S also. Winner of Lockheed Martin scholarship out 10,000 applicants. Also graduated at the top of my high school class: Loyola Jesuit College. So, speaking of "hard work" I have been working hard all my life.

Bigger boyz grin grin grin.

and don't waste your time I have learnt to ignore him. Where else can one troll if not on the internet?

I don't even bother reading the nonsense he posts, its an absolute waste of time.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by s3nn2x(m): 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
can't you read.......3.98 out of 4.00 CGPA, not 5 as the case in Nigeria. Dnt be cynical, celebrate people that needs celebration, as least he was born in Nigeria and have experience Nigerian life.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Soundmind(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
that is goooooooood
keep it up.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by SkySpirit(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
Which State is he from!?
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Sky Spirit: Which State is he from!?

Anambra State ofcourse!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
lekibraky: it is 3.9 in a zcale of 4.0 so if u want that in nigeria u will have 4.9 in a scale of 5.0

That's likely gonna be 4.97/5 not 4.90.

Danka7777:

Work hard? I hate to be immodest, but to set the record straight, like Emmanuel, I graduated at the top of my class (Summa cum laude) from a top school in the U.S also. Winner of Lockheed Martin scholarship out 10,000 applicants. Also graduated at the top of my high school class: Loyola Jesuit College. So, speaking of "hard work" I have been working hard all my life.

Welldone bruv, hope u are not fixated by ur distinction and academic records like some Nairalanders.

Sky-walker:

The highlighted sentence you wrote is what i feel is wrong with the Black race. Every time they succeed, they always make reference to the fact that they face discrimination.

Is it not right that they tell the truth about the difficulties they experience? The truth is that racism still exist in academics, sport, corporate world e.t.c and people of color have to work sometimes as twice as hard as their white peers to gain recognition.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by obowunmi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
Click here to learn more: http://awpnetwork.com/2012/06/26/free-business-education-webinars-to-benefit-african-youths/

On Saturday, July 21, 2012, from 1pm to 2pm (West African Time), or 8am – 9am (EST)

AWP will kick off its first business education webinar with Nokia West Africa Account Manager, Kola Osinowo.

The webinar entitled ‘Learn how your Mobile Phone can turn you into the next BIG entrepreneur’ will teach entrepreneurs how mobile technology can help them move their business ideas forward.

Do you have a cellphone but have not yet figured out how it can enhance your business idea? Well, this webinar is for YOU.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by latino91(m): 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
saviola24: Dis americans tinks Africans lives in "mud and eats faeces" i don die,dier and diest. Na me be dis?
You know,i blame d international media for dat especially BBC,CNN and co,..they mostly portray Africa as very primitive and pathetic.,..offends me whenever i see dat... WTF!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by bouncesmail(m): 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
3.98 out of 4.0. Is obviously beta than 4.5 out of 5.0
And also 4.0is an international standard so give the lad credit for his hard work
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by icez: 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
nice. tongue
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by betrani(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
Tygood: Congrats..@slimming u must be a brainless git for saying dat.Out of a maximum of 4 n u are comparing our substandard edu system..
Going by d stress we pass tru in nigerian universities! If one can make a GPA of 4.5+ here it is more than possible to make a 5.0+ GPA! Even if its over 5.0! Get it?
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Limaoscar: 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Gr8...this is the Kind of stuff we want to see on here, Thinking to print and share this with my kids ASAP. By the way, I used to know some Ohuabunwa's...one in Lagos...a renown Pharmacist and the other(younger) in P.H. a Telecomms Expert....Think His first name is Godfrey or so..I played Basketball with him many years back in Benin City. Anybody know if they're related?
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by safarigirl(f): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex: Only a teenager will cosign faggitmite... How old safarigirl again?? The kid just turned 18 for crying out loud.. shocked

An overgrown grandpa getting cosigned by an 18 years old kid... sad

Add being a pervert to your achievements, sagamite. grin
Would be nice if you left 'the kid' out of your beef. You may mean to diss Sagamite, but 'the kid' doesn't like being the missile for two adults' disagreements. Meanwhile, age is no determination for one's mindset. Most teenagers would much rather read a fashion or sports article, this teen has other interests, don't intimidate, please.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by djfalone(m): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
impressive bro.keep the flag flying!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by safarigirl(f): 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
shymmex: Only a teenager will cosign faggitmite... How old safarigirl again?? The kid just turned 18 for crying out loud.. shocked

An overgrown grandpa getting cosigned by an 18 years old kid... sad

Add being a pervert to your achievements, sagamite. grin
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by MuNeme(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2012

No wonder you failed common entrance!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by Ndipe(m): 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
You think it's easy to maintain a 3.9 GPA in the USA? Dude, out here, the standards here are pretty high. Your work is vetted for accuracy and to avoid plagiarism unlike Nigeria, where people can sleep their way to a high GPA.

Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by nedostic: 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
@OP,
Thanks for a job well done.This post is apt for this forum.

The young man from Abia State has done the country proud. I am so proud of his achievements and having gone through his interview he made some salient points as regards the way forward for Nigerian education and the health sector as well.Going by what I read the Emmanuel has the right Nigerian spirit-resilience in adversity.

Thumbs up Emmanuel Ohuabunwa! Your country-Naija is proud of you achievements. No matter what the western media might say on our battered image, some of us would continually shake the world in multifaceted walks of life and our dearly beloved country-Naija would continually be written in the annals of gold.

Finally,I would like to highlight three key reasons that seem to have hampered most people in life,viz: lack of opportunities,indolence,and misplaced priorities.
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by bashr8: 2:25am On Jun 27, 2012
interesting , 5 pages and not one person mentioned he is igbo. the earlier igbos leave this evil backward nigeria filled with haters the better for us, see them fools always trying to claim igbo achievements as nigerias /
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by moremi2008(m): 3:22am On Jun 27, 2012
Congratulations to the guy but I am not sure this is particularly worthy of an entire news article! I graduated with a 3.95 and was the only black kid inducted into Phi Beta Kappa in my graduating class. I didn't publish any of this in the news! Neither did any of the white kids who also graduated Phi Beta Kappa and went on to very prestigious graduate schools. We Nigerians need to just chill-out! Good grades + top graduate schools should be a matter-of-course, not an accomplishment worthy of breaking news!
Re: Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University by coolzeal(m): 4:39am On Jun 27, 2012
Congratulation man, you're truly a son of the soil and mama Africa call you home. He says he will come back home but am not sure they will allow him to come back to Naija ooh.. Those white people will not allow him when they know how indispensable he is. Another stolen brain.. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kendra Jumbo: First Class ABSU Med. Lab. Science Best Graduating Student (Photos / Cut-off Mark For Pharmacy, Unilag. / Unilorin Post Ume Latest News- The Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.