Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Strange But True! New Lagos CJ To Be Succeeded By Her Sister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strange But True! New Lagos CJ To Be Succeeded By Her Sister (763 Views)

Lagos CJ Frees 153 Kirikiri Inmates / FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 / Nasarawa Assembly Asks CJ To Disband Impeachment Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strange But True! New Lagos CJ To Be Succeeded By Her Sister by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 26, 2012
At this period in the development of the nation, keeping female children away from school should be a thing of the past. The few that still believe that the girl child education is a waste of resources need no sermon but a mere visit to Lagos State, the centre of excellence, to have a change of orientation.
A short trip to the family of late Honourable Justice James Oladapo Williams is a quick way to change their minds as two females of the four children of this family have not only proved that their parents’ foresight in sending them to school is not a waste not only by reaching the pinnacle of their career but also by breaking the record and making history in the Nigerian judiciary as the first two full blood sisters to direct the affairs of a state judiciary.
Honourable Justice Ayotunde Adeyoola Phillips was on June 14, 2012 sworn in as the Chief Judge of Lagos State while her sister, Honourable Justice Olufunmilayo Olajumoke Atilade will be her deputy for the next two years when she will also take up the mantle of steering the affairs of the Lagos State judiciary as the Chief Judge when her sister retires.
This, Justice Phillips believes,will mean well for the state judiciary as it will not only guarantee continuity but will break the jinx that permeates the judiciary wherein the number one and number two are always at daggers drawn.
Consequently, the next two years will indeed be an interesting time in the history of the Lagos State judiciary as the Williams sisters put heads together with their team to lift the judiciary up and make it independent indeed as an arm of government while further bringing more glory to the name of their late father, who in his time was known as a fair, diligent and incorruptible judge.
The new Chief Judge is indeed looking forward to working with her sister who she describes as a pillar of support and who she is sure will project her dream of pragmatism and sustainability that will bring about practical, workable and lasting solutions.
“To my sister, Olufunmilayo Olajumoke, My Lady the Honourable Justice Atilade, I reserve very special thanks for your love and support over the years. I have lost count of the number of times a day that we fight and make up. But I can think of nothing more pleasant than you being my deputy for the next two years or so, and having to dish out orders and instructions to you or face my wrath.”
Justice Phillips believes that itis fortuitous that she and her sister got to the level they find themselves but believes that this is what differentiates the way of the Lord from that of man.
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/43083-strange-but-true-new-lagos-cj-to-be-succeeded-by-her-sister
Re: Strange But True! New Lagos CJ To Be Succeeded By Her Sister by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 26, 2012
and having to dish out orders and instructions to you or face my wrath
Abi oo. Congratulations to the sisters.

(1) (Reply)

North To Build On Top Security Positions To Cling 2015 / Ghana Closes Shops, Nigerians Not Touched / Femi Gbajabiamila: No Going Back On Jonathan’s Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.