Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? (6940 Views)

A Nigerian Gospel Song That Brings A Tear To The Eye / At What Age Should A Person Stop Listening To Rap Music? / New Jim Iyk Video: Born To Rap Shiit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by tobechi74: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2012
I dont know weda dis shud come under music or religion.

I was in church on sunday.after it was over,i stayed back a little while. I startd singing one frank edward song ' u too dey bless me. As i sing d chorus finish, i started rapping. I didnt know that one elderly church member was watching me. He stoppd me and started preaching.

Do i know it is bad to rap? Dat raping is wot the devil has introducd 2 d church.we shud use our God given voice to praise God. Rapping is WORLDLY.i shud pursue holy things and not wordly thing....,

i tried xplainin 2 him dat rapping is a talent. Rapping could be usd in praising God name.
Not every body is talentd enof to sing choir song amd go high pitches..FRANK EDWARD who rappd d song is one of d best gospel artist in nigeria. D man did not agree. He wantd 2 deliver me frm the spirit of rapping.

I got up and left him there. Plz my fellow nigerians, is raping wordly? Is it nt a talent? Is it wrong to rap gospel song?.
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Kgdavid(m): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2012
dude have yu ever seen any such thing in the bible? that old man is playing religion based on his cultural preferences...pay him no heed

1 Like

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by georgesylva(m): 6:48am On Jun 27, 2012
tobechi74: I dont know weda dis shud come under music or religion.

I was in church on sunday.after it was over,i stayed back a little while. I startd singing one frank edward song ' u too dey bless me. As i sing d chorus finish, i started rapping. I didnt know that one elderly church member was watching me. He stoppd me and started preaching.

Do i know it is bad to rap? D man did not agree. He wantd 2 deliver me frm the spirit of rapping.

I got up and left him there. Is it wrong to rap gospel song?.

I never knew that ther was a spirit of rapping. If there is then im afraid cos i gat it 2.
Seriously brov, it aint bad using your talent in the house of God. It is things like this that made me want to do circular music despite being a born again. No make that pastor disturb your mindset if you wan use your talent serve God.
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by mikuz(m): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
Its not about the genre of music that matters but the kinda lyrics you implore. People see rap today as a satanic kind of music because of the presumed 'ungodly' trappings that has being associated with it. Together with the trend of illuminati and the kind of rappers that have been the pioneers. But the truth is . . Rap/hiphop is just like any other brand of music. Nigeria's best female MC does Gospel.
Even the guy that was featured in the song was rapping. So tell me how many religious heads have come out to condemn the song or any other. None. 'Nough said.
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Rocktation(f): 2:02am On Jun 30, 2012
tobechi74: one elderly church member

Isn't that 'elderly', I see up there? So what did you expect?
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by omotayo9177: 2:14am On Jun 30, 2012
if we can't use our rap talent to glorify God, then who should we use it for?devil?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Ayatullah(m): 2:27am On Jun 30, 2012
IF YOU CAN SINCERELY STAND BEFORE YOUR FATHER OR MOTHER AND COMMUNICATE WITH THEM RAPPING THEN LET YOUR SATAN INFECTED MIND GIVE YOU ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Bella3(f): 2:47am On Jun 30, 2012
It depends on hw u rap nd the lyrics. Most rappers including the gospel ones make rapping look very satanic
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Deolaw: 4:08am On Jun 30, 2012
I see no 'much' crime in rap. Most rap are very fast and lyrically personal when not followed with the same speed. So if your rap can be slow and lyrically superb you will gain audience for the 'elderly'. Moreover, you are singing for the church to touch lives not to touch ears.
Indeed, according to someone above, if u can communicate or rap to praise ya parents then pls weigh God o.
Rap music can't be spiritual.
Church has turned to a substitute for clubs to the youths nowadays.

God show us the right way...

1 Like

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 30, 2012
Satan and God, two sides of the same coin, there is no hell....Live freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Acidosis(m): 5:15am On Jun 30, 2012
What is the origin of rap music?
Isn't it from American gangsters? Now you want to compose rap music for God. What an insult!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Foxyhoxy(f): 5:38am On Jun 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Satan and God, two sides of the same coin, there is no hell....Live freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
U r a FOOL

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 30, 2012
Nope!
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by lordspiritual(m): 5:42am On Jun 30, 2012
Acidosis: What is the origin of rap music?
Isn't it from American gangsters? Now you want to compose rap music for God. What an insult!
and what is the origin of makossa(during praise),fuji, juju etc...@ o.p if you dont feel guilt in your heart, then continue...i myself like GOSPEL- ROCK...#THREADSTONES,#NEWSBOYS...
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by rodeo0070(m): 6:50am On Jun 30, 2012
There's nothing absolutely wrong with using your talent to elevate God and spreading the gospel. Any genre of music is okay, be it rock, hip-hop, country, reggae, bluegrass, r'n'b, juju, jazz, and wat H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ u.
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Dygeasy(m): 7:02am On Jun 30, 2012
Ayatullah:
IF YOU CAN SINCERELY STAND BEFORE YOUR FATHER OR MOTHER AND COMMUNICATE WITH THEM RAPPING THEN LET YOUR SATAN INFECTED MIND GIVE YOU ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.
which makes you right to sing to talk to your parents right? You didn't weigh your reasons thoughtfully before commenting..go sleep jor yeye man

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Clemzy16(m): 7:07am On Jun 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Satan and God, two sides of the same coin, there is no hell....Live freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
biggest fool the world has ever produced.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Clemzy16(m): 7:11am On Jun 30, 2012
Rap music is good. I am a young rapper. And i intend to do something with it soonest. Don't care what some fvckin person say.
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by escobar07(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2012
Acidosis: What is the origin of rap music?
. That's incorrect. Gangsta rap rap was introduced in d late 1980's and its popular went down during mid 1990's. Can u call what we have today gangsta rap? False. An album like straight outta compton would be a flop today, i suppose.
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by KingsleyCEO: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2012
what a piety? You're in hell already, but just don't know it yet.
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by NnamdiN: 7:57am On Jun 30, 2012
Na wa for the number of comparisons btw right and wrong acts these days o. How people perceive things IMO is subjective. I think y'all should get some education,it makes you less religious. Little wonder, religious peeps are usually "financially" poor.
What would that your "elder" do if he was "Farouk Lawan" ? Leave all those ppl jor
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by femi4: 8:07am On Jun 30, 2012
What can you say about Ewi(yoruba eulogy) that were used for the likes of Sango etc...Is the same Ewi not use in church today to glorify God. What matter is attitude and lyrical content

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by yungjuve(m): 8:09am On Jun 30, 2012
There is notin wrong in it. I am a rapper and have performed in my church wit d whole place banging even d pastor dancing. Abeg keep doing ur tin jor
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Santi222(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2012
tobechi74: I dont know weda dis shud come under music or religion.

Do i know it is bad to rap? Dat raping is wot the devil has introducd 2 d church.we shud use our God given voice to praise God. Rapping is WORLDLY.i shud pursue holy things and not wordly thing....,

i tried xplainin 2 him dat rapping is a talent. Rapping could be usd in praising God name.
Not every body is talentd enof to sing choir song amd go high pitches..FRANK EDWARD who rappd d song is one of d best gospel artist in nigeria. D man did not agree. He wantd 2 deliver me frm the spirit of rapping.

I got up and left him there. Plz my fellow nigerians, is raping wordly? Is it nt a talent? Is it wrong to rap gospel song?.

How about Martial Arts? Some People have a " God given Talent" for it too. How would like to see ur brother or sister incoporating into church dancing, moves from Tai Chi, Karate, Kick Boxing, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Judo, Ju Jitsu, Capoiera, Aikido, Krev Maga, etc? Abi all no be body movement? Religious worship should be a solemn and respectful thing. Give unto Ceaser What belongs to Ceaser and unto God, what belongs to him.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by charlsecy4(m): 8:33am On Jun 30, 2012
Ayatullah:

Rubbish. Based on what you said, "normal" singing is also wrong. Do you communicate with friends and family by singing?
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by DECOtech(m): 8:46am On Jun 30, 2012
Dygeasy: which makes you right to sing to talk to your parents right? You didn't weigh your reasons thoughtfully before commenting..go sleep jor yeye man
GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by DECOtech(m): 8:47am On Jun 30, 2012
Santi222:
How about Martial Arts? Some People have a " God given Talent" for it too. How would like to see ur brother or sister incoporating into church dancing, moves from Tai Chi, Karate, Kick Boxing, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Judo, Ju Jitsu, Capoiera, Aikido, Krev Maga, etc? Abi all no be body movement? Religious worship should be a solemn and respectful thing. Give unto Ceaser What belongs to Ceaser and unto God, what belongs to him.
OUT OF POINT
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by zikclassiq(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2012
E no mak sense. Na oyinbo stuff b dat. U go tink say na 2pak tinz

1 Like

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Hope6289(f): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2012
The devil doesn't give talents, instead he manipulates ur mind to use ur God given talents for his purpose. Look dear, if u can rap, it's ur talent, compose wonderful lyrics and worship ur God. People condemn wat they do not know! Do u know tht when Handel Messiah composed the popular 'Halleluyah Chorus' in his days, some people criticized him that it wasn't spiritual. Music changes with time! Ewi was used for gods in those days in Yoruba land, now people glorify God with it. Don't let people judge u, what matters most is that your music is a heart felt worship to God!
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by Freiburger(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2012
Ayatullah:
It is people like you that has changed the christainity religion into captivity undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by imatalk(m): 9:00am On Jun 30, 2012
that a wish that most 'so called atheist' have': but the question that lurks in the deepest part of their heart is: is there truelly a hell?
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
My brother there is
Re: Is It Wröng To Rap Gospel Song? by freecocoa(f): 9:30am On Jun 30, 2012
Ayatullah:
see this one o,and why can't he rap to his parents provided the lyrics are not bad.

You sound devilish sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Music Video : Simi – Lovin / Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae / DJ Angos Ft Lizberg - Wolo ( Lalakukulala Cover)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.