Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet (10930 Views)

Poll: Which tablet would rate as a better device

iPad tablet: 0% (0 votes)
Android tablet: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Which tablet would rate as a better device

iPad tablet: 39% (29 votes)
Android tablet: 47% (35 votes)
Playbook tablet: 10% (8 votes)
Amazon Kindle tablet: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet / PIPO Tablets Or Nexus 7 / Google Nexus 7 Vs Amazon Kindle Fire HD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by cyrexx: 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
Today, 27th of June, during Google's keynote at Google I/O 2012, the company announced a new Asus-branded tablet called the Nexus 7.

Nexus 7 will be available today on the Google Play store starting at $200 (thats roughly between 35k to 45k in naira)for the 8GB storage configuration, with units shipping in mid-July. Purchasing on Google Play also gifts you a $25 credit to spend on Google Play media.

The Nexus 7 sports a 7-inch, IPS (in-plane switching) screen, with a resolution of 1,280x800 pixels. The tablet is also the first 7-incher to house a 1.3GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core CPU, which includes a 12-core GPU.

Rounding out the specs is a Micro-USB port, 1GB of RAM, a 1.2-megapixel front camera (no back camera included), a gyroscope, GPS, accelerometer, microphone, and 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi.

The device measures 10.45mm thick, weighs 0.7 pound, and, from the looks of the first pictures released, has a textured, grippy backside and looks to be about the same size as the Kindle Fire.

The Nexus 7 will be the first device to run the latest version of the Android 4.1 OS, also known as Jelly Bean. Google says to expect 9 hours of 720p HD video battery life.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57461979-1/googles-nexus-7-tablet-is-here-what-do-you-think-poll/

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by cyrexx: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2012

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Still need a convincing reason to get a tab.. my galaxy s2 does everything almost perfectly....

2 Likes

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by jude33084(m): 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
cool
Just passing cool
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2012

Possible Dimensions

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Shadyswag(m): 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hmmmm not bad at all
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
With Galaxy note, I will not be needing anything remotely bigger. My Amazon Kindle and Galaxy Tab are gathering dust here already.....
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by tellwisdom: 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
How do i buy ??
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
Looks cool.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by boyendowed(m): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
tellwisdom: How do i buy ??

Go to google play store
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Leemladoja(m): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Announced: Siri-like Voice Search, Revamped Notifications, Offline Voice Dictation And More

While Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is still on less than 10% of all Android smartphones and tablets, Google has announced the next version of Android: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. As you can tell by the .1 increase in version number, it’s more of an incremental update than the revolutionary update that Ice Cream Sandwich was. We’ve got the details right after the jump!

Project Butter
Google started the keynote by discussing Project Butter in Jelly Bean. With Jelly Bean, Google has put a lot of effort into making the UI much, much smoother. Using VSync (a term PC gamers will be familiar with) and triple buffering, animations are buttery smooth and frame rate is a consistent, mind-blowing 120FPS. Similar to how iOS handles things, in 4.1 Jelly Bean, the CPU speeds up when you touch the screen. Google showed the difference between ICS and JB’s UI with a high-speed camera. The difference is phenomenal.

more on
http://www.dailyngnews.com/2012/06/android-41-jelly-bean-announced-siri.html
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by tellwisdom: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
boyendowed:

Go to google play store

Im not in the U.S
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Leemladoja(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
Google Nexus Q Social Streaming Media Player Announced

Following quite a few rumors suggesting that Google had some sort of TV/entertainment device up its sleeve, the Nexus Q – touted as a "social streaming media player", has now been officially announced at the big Google I/O event today.
The Nexus Q is described as a device that can stream all of your content from Google Play – which includes an assortment of HD movies and TV shows – and YouTube, along with your own content to your living room screen and speakers.

To elaborate on the latter point, the device also features a built-in 25W amp, allowing it to power a pair of bookshelf speakers. Alternatively, for you audiophiles or home automation junkies out there who may not find that satisfactory, you can integrate the Nexus Q with your existing A/V receiver and home entertainment setup.

http://www.dailyngnews.com/2012/06/google-nexus-q-social-streaming-media.html

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by kaiter: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
With Galaxy note, I will not be needing anything remotely bigger. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by tellwisdom: 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
[size=15pt]How do i get this stuff People??[/size]
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by tessyade: 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
This is not bad o but someone has to buy,use and testify of its efficiency before i can think of buying. Like they say 'once bitten twice shy.'
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by elume2020(m): 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
just wi-fi only, tablets in naija needs a 3G network at least for easy connection to d internet. Will google consider this?

1 Like

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by AtheistD(m): 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
musKeeto: Still need a convincing reason to get a tab.. my galaxy s2 does everything almost perfectly....

Bigger screen? wink
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by AtheistD(m): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
tessyade: This is not bad o but someone has to buy,use and testify of its efficiency before i can think of buying. Like they say 'once bitten twice shy.'

Once bitten? Which tablet bit you grin
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lmao @ siri-like voice search. . .Copy copy people.nonsense

1 Like

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by cyrexx: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
elume2020: just wi-fi only, tablets in naija needs a 3G network at least for easy connection to d internet. Will google consider this?

for that price, we shouldnt expect much. if there is more cash to spend, ipad is still the best.

1 Like

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by SisiKill1: 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
This their tablet looks like the Kindle Fire (which looks like the BB playbook).

All of them are using the same China Production Company, then they slap "SAMSUNG/KINDLE/BB PLAYBOOK" on it and charge us 200 times the amount they paid the china people. undecided

1 Like

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by fagamite: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
got one already!
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by elume2020(m): 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
aside d wi-fi can't it connect 2 d internet via a blue tooth connection 2 a phone like nokia dat has 3g. Please just want to know.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by BlackBaron: 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
No SD card! Wtf's wrong with Google?

Expandable memory is a must in todays tech world...
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Coefficient(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
tellwisdom: [size=15pt]How do i get this stuff People??[/size]

Check yanshing store na grin
Bad guy!
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
BlackBaron: No SD card! Wtf's wrong with Google?

Expandable memory is a must in todays tech world...
yeah right, as if your country Nigeria can produce ordinary torch light. just hold on you will get the SD card when china makes their own version.so exercise patient.

1 Like

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Fhemmmy: 11:02pm On Jun 27, 2012
I am not sure how far they would go with 7 Inch tablet . ..
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by stagger: 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
Now MTN can go and eat shiit with their N125,000 iPad2. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Fhemmmy: 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
stagger: Now MTN can go and eat shiit with their N125,000 iPad2. Nonsense!

Lol . . . I think this is more to compete with Amazon Kindle fire and not Ipad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tokumbo Laptop Now Selling In Kaduna | Abuja / Shopping Websites That Ship / How To Use Google Mapmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.