Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage (17033 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by coolzeal(m): 4:02am On Jun 28, 2012
Guess some Nigerians are still enslave in this their religious fanaticism lol.. Pastor Okotie my foot..
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by gram: 4:37am On Jun 28, 2012
gbadexy: That's the thing about religious books. It can be a dangerous tool in the hands of a fanatic.
I'm not saying pastor chris is a fanatic though, but the Bible just like the Quran can be ambiguous with different people giving it different interpretation to suit themselves.
Anybody can find any quote in these books to support whatever they may want to do and make it appear that was what the verse meant.
I guess most of the religious leaders are like lawyers, the Holy books are the constitution.
The congregation deserves to know what went wrong with their pastor's wedding atleast he is a role model they look up to and emulate. He deserve to give them a justifiable reason not to quote a verse so that the members don't see it as a normal thing to just dissolve your marriage at any slight misunderstanding and claiming the Bible supports cutting hands that may lead one astray.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Whymee: 4:47am On Jun 28, 2012
nothing wrong in these, you can't feel the pains and goodies of marriage if you're not there yet.
But backing up ones attitude with biblical verse is condemnable.

We so much emulate the western world that we forget our root, under the umbrella of religion.

Ride on pastor
Free you were given, so freely distribute it around
Oruko Lon ro omo

Pasitor (Npin) OKO - TIE KIRIS ( distributes his Manhood around)
PASTOR OKOTIE CHRIS
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by tpia5: 4:55am On Jun 28, 2012
kenjudy: smh... may God have mercy!!!

amen.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by canadaik(m): 5:13am On Jun 28, 2012
stolen stone: who is deceiving who?? <whistling...> story-story! voices from the market!

wow, i have not listened to that progam in a long time! grin
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by mandy4s: 5:24am On Jun 28, 2012
naijalodge: i laugh in spanish...

hehehehehhehiiiiiiiiii hhhhoohohohohooohoohoho huhuhuhuhuhuuhh grin grin grin
this appears the funniest peice i have read on nairaland ooooo..shey na d spanish laaf be dat
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by waja(m): 5:27am On Jun 28, 2012
Billyonaire: If a man of God can not obey the "For Better, for worse" commandment, Do they expect me to obey ?
. Yes.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by queensmith: 5:55am On Jun 28, 2012
There was this nonsense self declared prophetess in America who ill advisably wrote a book and spoke about how God exonerated her from divorce. . . . . she must think every woman is stewpid. I had to throw the book away, I was insulted.

Sometimes these soo called men of god try to take someone for a ride. It's hilarious, but the're making money so one cannot blame them. If the work of the Lord wasn't soo prosperous alot of people wouldn't be doing it.
Times are hard, recession is affecting everybody you can't blame the husla's out there smiley
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by onaives(m): 6:01am On Jun 28, 2012
ceomike: Members of the Household of God Church have been barred not to discuss issues pertaining to the recent divorce of the founder of the Rev. Chris Okotie and ex- wife Stephanie Henshaw so as not to destroy themselves and also the church.

The members have been asked to respect the decision of the Pastor, considering the portion of the Bible that urged Christians to “get rid of the finger that could lead them to hell.”

Source:http://www./church-members-barred-from-discussing-chris-okoties-marriage/

Your link is wrong. Could you give an accurate source please?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by owobokiri(m): 6:02am On Jun 28, 2012
These pastors are FAKE! These pastors are draining poor Nigerians of their hard earned resources with their endless requests for tithe and offerings! These pastors are CROOKS! Day-light robbers, 419ers and scam artists! These criminals who NEVER see God and will never do should be locked up in a desert jail and the keys thrown into the atlantic.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 28, 2012
What do u xpet from a former Pop singer turned Pastor.....i'm sorry to say this,i dont see him as a pastor....there was a time,that pop singer,said God told him,he would be president of nigeria...DID HE?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Claracuzio: 6:18am On Jun 28, 2012
wink

1 Like

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Claracuzio: 6:24am On Jun 28, 2012
Claracuzio: "Archbishop dey for london, pope dey for rome, imam dey for mecca"
Fela said it all.

"Archbishop na miliki, pope na enjoyment, imam na gbaladun" my brotha wetin u say?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by ZUBY77(m): 6:45am On Jun 28, 2012
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it
says; he is always convinced that the Bible says what he
means.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by PeeDaVinci: 6:52am On Jun 28, 2012
i doubt the authenticity of this story - the OP posted rubbish/dead link, the OP never said he visited the church or heard it from some video recording or from someone who attends the church. so easy to make the front page . . . just cook up a story tha the mods want to hear, and provide a fake link . . . and the next day, you wil be on the front page.

Note : i am not saying this is not possible, but from the way the OP structured and presented his/her story, it is most probably a cooked up story
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Cyberconnect12: 6:55am On Jun 28, 2012
My God Have mercy on us all in this our lovely country
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Theophine: 6:57am On Jun 28, 2012
@ Modavi.I wonder what you call judgement.Let us stop deceiving the flocks and call a spade a spade.Nonsense!!!I thank God that He is not a man and His ways not our ways.So if i see you Modavi doing anything wrong or going astray,will i not try bringing you back on track?Will you call that judgement?If i may ask,how long is this man married to his wife?If a pastor should divorce his wife,i wonder what the members will do when they face issues.Who will they run to for advice?Is it not their pastor."If you are a pastor,pastor us well,pastor well well no lead us astray.Am so sad.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 28, 2012
With due respect, i think Rev. Chris okotie's past life as a musician is seriously affecting his present life as a man of God (sorry, preacher).

There is nothing like irreconciliable differences in marriage. This is because once you are married, you and your wife automatically become one. Is rev. Okotie trying to tell us that he can't reconcile with himself.

A prophet married a prostitute in the bible and they lived together. An african president married an illiterate wife and upon her grammatical errors, they live together.

My father told me that if you want to stay with your wife without having any problem, then you must, i repeat, must marry her with one eye clossed. Once you open your two eyes, there will be one million irreconciliable differences starring at you. Maybe rev. okotie's father did not tell him that.

I wish the next woman that will replace stephanie goodluck.......... Chuks writes from Enugu, Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by FXKing2012(m): 7:12am On Jun 28, 2012
Pls stay away from criticizing MOG, itz not for u to do. Remember "touch not my anointed". This is just a piece of advice.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by theplanmaker: 7:23am On Jun 28, 2012
Matt ch 19 v 9 whoever divorces his wife except on d grounds of fornication, comites adultery ....okotie is α sinner ‎​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ goes for his blind and decieved followers
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Hychineson(m): 7:31am On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=ceomike]Members of the Household of God Church have been barred not to discuss issues pertaining to the recent divorce of the founder of the Rev. Chris Okotie and ex- wife Stephanie Henshaw so as not to destroy themselves and also the church.

The members have been asked to respect the decision of the Pastor, considering the portion of the Bible that urged Christians to “get rid of the finger that could lead them to hell.”

Source:http://www./church-members-barred-from-discussing-chris-okoties-marriage. May God help us all.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by lillies: 7:48am On Jun 28, 2012
Pity

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 28, 2012
FXKing2012: Pls stay away from criticizing MOG, itz not for u to do. Remember "touch not my anointed". This is just a piece of advice.
thank God u said man of God,not a pop singer that calls himself pastor.man of God indeed.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by lillies: 7:55am On Jun 28, 2012
@
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by huncky: 8:00am On Jun 28, 2012
This is to discribe the difference between wisdom and common sense,these members have been bombarded with big big grammar dat have left majority more confused than they came.so what do you expect.""
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by sayso: 8:09am On Jun 28, 2012
people allow devil to enter into them. This is a prove that the so call Chris Okotie works with the devil.If your wife offends you why not pray to the almighty God for intervention.is the woman's wrong doing greater than the mercies and power of God?This is just selfish mind from Mr Chris Okotie.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Kayslow: 8:10am On Jun 28, 2012
modavi: wat has brought thunder firing you? Dat was harsh...Didn't the Bible say look unto Jesus the authour and the finisher of ur faith? Did it say, look unto A man of God? And wat if he has asked God 4 forgiveness and God has decided to forgive him,will u question God? Smh!
see i hate wen people support pastors for doing evil. Lets call a spade a spade, he has disappointed everbody y support pastor chris? Jus watch u wud hear him marrying his 3rd wife and u say its good
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by pappy4real(m): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2012
on to d next 1...wise man, by d time he sleeps with d last sister in d church, he may then stick to vows...so much for being a man of God
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by jude33084(m): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2012
Billyonaire: If a man of God can not obey the "For Better, for worse" commandment, Do they expect me to obey ?

Billionaire abeg nack me ur email make we discuss better grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Kissing Before Marriage A Sin? / Cast Free Ifa Divination Online Now - Www.ifaluade.com / 70 Men Of God Travel To Jerusalem To Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.