Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage (17032 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by SpiritofOkija(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2012
Same way we are barred from dicussing Jesus' marriage to Mary Magdalene...
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2012
pappy4real: on to d next 1...wise man, by d time he sleeps with d last sister in d church, he may then stick to vows...so much for being a man of God
.tru talk bro.nice one.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by jude33084(m): 8:35am On Jun 28, 2012
modavi: wat has brought thunder firing you? Dat was harsh...Didn't the Bible say look unto Jesus the authour and the finisher of ur faith? Did it say, look unto A man of God? And wat if he has asked God 4 forgiveness and God has decided to forgive him,will u question God? Smh!

Your argument does nt make sense at ALL! Go home and prepare more pls angry
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by sunny2011: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2012
It is not enough for him to say members should not discuss the issue. He owes his members more explanation. He is not just an ordinary man for crying out loud. A pastor who should be a model and a representative of God who should speak God's mind to the people. Bible allows divorce on the ground of adultery and even then jesus ministry is all about forgiveness and reconciliation. What moral justification does he now have to admiring. His members who have marital issues. God will help him to handle the issues. For those that know him well may I ask if the marriage is blessed with children?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by jude33084(m): 8:47am On Jun 28, 2012
PeeDaVinci: i doubt the authenticity of this story - the OP posted rubbish/dead link, the OP never said he visited the church or heard it from some video recording or from someone who attends the church. so easy to make the front page . . . just cook up a story tha the mods want to hear, and provide a fake link . . . and the next day, you wil be on the front page.

Note : i am not saying this is not possible, but from the way the OP structured and presented his/her story, it is most probably a cooked up story

Are doubting that the Pastor didn't bar his cogregation to discuss the issue Or
Are you just hearing it the first time that he has divorced his 2nd wife? If yes; then GO google it. smiley
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by deanantony(m): 8:49am On Jun 28, 2012
I just believe nw,dt everythin na jas..if u av any relative dere or u attend that kirk.u better find help in any christ believin church.remember, pastor king....why on earth would a pastor silence his whole congregation? A reasonable congregatn will surmon him 4 questnin.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by PeeDaVinci: 8:55am On Jun 28, 2012
jude33084:

Are doubting that the Pastor didn't bar his cogregation to discuss the issue Or
Are you just hearing it the first time that he has divorced his 2nd wife? If yes; then GO google it. smiley

@jude... : i am not saying that okotie is in the process of divorce. but this story of banning church members from talking about the issue is what i am having issues with. it is quite possible that okotie said it, but from the way the OP presented the story, it is most probably a fabricated story

1 Like

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by IYANGBALI: 8:56am On Jun 28, 2012
this pastor just dey do "chop and clean mouth" with women all in the name of marriage.Pastor chris na you biko,i like your style.NEXT VICTIM PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by lumeneng22: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2012
Lets change the name of the church to Household of divorcees. Afteral d bible also said evil beget evil, thief beget thieves, and divorcee beget.....
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by jude33084(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2012
IYA NGBALI: this pastor just dey do "chop and clean mouth" with women all in the name of marriage.Pastor chris na you biko,i like your style.NEXT VICTIM PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Kolo! grin
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by helsinki: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2012
If he bar his congregation from discussing it,will he also bar the whole country or the world from discussing it?You can not bar people from discussing issues .When issues arise people must discuss it either privately or publicly and when you are a celebrity rest assured your issue will be discussed publicly.How can a pastor divorce his wife and cite irreconcilable differences just like unbelievers do.When a man catches his wife with another man or men and initiates a divorce,in order to save his name from public shame he says its as a result of irreconcilable differences.My question is this:is the wife born again?and why is it that in the four years of marriage they never had a child together.There is a lot of mistery in there separation.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Freksy(m): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2012
FXKing2012: Pls stay away from criticizing MOG, itz not for u to do. Remember "touch not my anointed". This is just a piece of advice.

Who annointed him and when?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Sagamite(m): 9:40am On Jun 28, 2012
tpia@:
If those members like let them stay there and not run.

Dem dey think say na play.

Run from the Man of God and the blessings of the Holy Spirit? shocked

Why?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 28, 2012
chipet: This is not funny...buh i can't stop laughing! Christian slaves!
Even slaves could express their opinions. angry
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Freksy(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2012
sanchez0: SMH. Are they blind fools or what? Can't they see the handwriting on the wall? On what grounds should one divorce? What distinguishes you "man of God" from the world? What is the difference between you and the likes of Seal and Heidi Klum? Irreconciable differences indeed. angry

Better check the source of your teachings for it has been said that by their fruits you shall know them.

Good one!

Man of God should always be on quote.

Alternatively, man of god, without quote
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Damseluc(f): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2012
The members have been asked to respect the decision of the Pastor, considering the portion of the Bible that urged Christians to “get rid of the finger that could lead them to hell.”

the same Bible also said in mark 10: 11-12, a man who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against his wife same also applies to a woman.
Is this pastor an agent of God or an agent of the devil? Stop turning the bible to suit your wrong doings.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 28, 2012
FXKing2012: Pls stay away from criticizing MOG, itz not for u to do. Remember "touch not my anointed". This is just a piece of advice.
. Take your delusion elsewhere. You people that have been brainwashed and don't know the difference between serving God and Man.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by gandkiss: 10:38am On Jun 28, 2012
when will he tek his 3rd wife?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by bisiaet: 10:40am On Jun 28, 2012
This is so interesting" Church member were bared to discussed Okotie marriage mess" very very interesting. Xtain wake up, wake up from all your slumber, xtianity does not MEAN foolishness, xtianity does means slavery, xtianity does not me silliness, What is wrong is wrong no other word to qualify it.

For a man to be changing wife at will so did he not said it that time that it was God that chose this same woman for him to marry? So does that mean God will choose a woman for the so called man of God(Okotie) to defame His name? I guess NO.

Please that god he claimed chose this same woman for him then where is that god now because I strongly belief it was not God in heaven that chose the woman for him because the truth God never LIE and will not start lying because of "lovepest beauty lust fake pastor called Okotie".

This so called men of the world that claimed to men of God I can imagine how lucifer will slap them mercilessly that judgement day I can imagine the sort of beating they would receive to be honest because these men are just something else in fact they are solely an embarrassement to the name of God.

"Mr or Pastor or G.O divorce and re-marry Okotie" and your fellow "men of world" and not men of God you are just putting the name of God in shame and no one does it without a serious consequences.

But for the church member let them sit there and be looking like an idiots good for them. I'm not surprise afterall we have seen "pastor face slaper" very good in slapping people with private jet maniac syndrome, we have seen "pastor pay before you attend vigil" SUV ethuastic, we have seen pastor who says "Save Nigeria" and save Nigeria ends up becoming a systematic poiitical ambition and he ends up becoming a politician second to a man who sponsor sharia, we have seen a pastor who do magic and say oh the actor is well and so on and still some idiots still sit there and defend them goodluck to them we shall see the end of it all. All I know is that God will never "LIE" and "HE" is not a "LIAR".
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by TalkingBird: 10:47am On Jun 28, 2012
Please note what the scriptures say about divorce
God warned in
(Malachi 2:13-16) 13 “And this is the second thing that YOU people do, [this resulting in] covering with tears the altar of Jehovah, with weeping and sighing, so that there is no more a turning toward the gift offering or a taking of pleasure [in anything] from YOUR hand. 14 And YOU have said, ‘On what account?’ On this account, that Jehovah himself has borne witness between you and the wife of your youth, with whom you yourself have dealt treacherously, although she is your partner and the wife of your covenant. 15 And there was one who did not do [it], as he had what was remaining of [the] spirit. And what was that one seeking? The seed of God. And YOU people must guard yourselves respecting YOUR spirit, and with the wife of your youth may no one deal treacherously. 16 For he has hated a divorcing,” Jehovah the God of Israel has said; “and the one who with violence has covered over his garment,” Jehovah of armies has said. “And YOU must guard yourselves respecting YOUR spirit, and YOU must not deal treacherously.

According to Jesus Christ, only adultery gives the innocent one a valid basis to sue for divorce with the right to marry again.—Matt. 19:8, 9.
Read more
http://softskillmentor-vincent..com/

The true God hates divorce based on treachery.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Rastamann: 10:51am On Jun 28, 2012
How can a person believed to be a Man of God be toying with the sacrament of marriage? What was the Bible's take on Marriage? Who is really deceiving who?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by ifyalways(f): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2012
Did he actually say that or isthis a sensational news?Anyhoos,whats there to discuss in a "failed" marriage?
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by tuasefemi(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2012
Who says he's a man of God? He just wanted 2 be a celebrity & ddnt knw how 2 go abt it,he den ventured into pastoral job!
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by free2ryhme: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija: Same way we are barred from dicussing Jesus' marriage to Mary Magdalene...

Where on earth did u get this obnoxious information abt jesus marriage to mary maddalene[b][/b].. Dont go about spreading heresies. or is your own bible from d occult... mtschew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by stuhporh: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2012
agb2011:
smh! See how men of God twist and give a different interpretation 2 d meaning of scriptures. Wat about d part where Jesus plainly said there shud be no divorce? Even Paul repeated it and said it was a COMMAND from d Lord.
Please where in the bible is this. paul never said such and Jesus christ gave explanation on why we "MIGHT" be allowed to divorce. Due to our stubborn heart he said is why moses had permitted us to divorce, but only on the reason of "INFiDELITY". However, Jesus christ said further more and said, althought it is better to remain single so it is better to remain in the marriage. Paul had written all he did through inspiration and human reasoning.
Yet, i do not see a man of GOD changing wives like clothes. am not reffering to any pastor, as i am no judge of anyone
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by stuhporh: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex: Church members are sheeple anyway...

The owner of the sheep has spoken, obey the man, or you shall be denied miracles. grin

Naija churches are like crack houses, and the church members are the crack fiends.. Whatever the dealer says is final, argue with him and you're doomed. shocked

Where in th world are this uncracked churches u seek. the Bible has talked about all these crcked churchesand men of GOD you talk about. Am not surprised if we have alot of cracked church or pastors everywhere because my bible has told me to expect it. so just find your own connection with GOD and leave them brother.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Bakreez: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
ceomike: Members of the Household of God Church have been barred not to discuss issues pertaining to the recent divorce of the founder of the Rev. Chris Okotie and ex- wife Stephanie Henshaw so as not to destroy themselves and also the church.

The members have been asked to respect the decision of the Pastor, considering the portion of the Bible that urged Christians to “get rid of the finger that could lead them to hell.”

Source:http://www./church-members-barred-from-discussing-chris-okoties-marriage/
if it's actually truw that they were barred from discussing the private affair of their pastor asit relate to morality then there is problem. Spritual leaders are seen as an epitome of morality and they do everything to ensure that,if chris okotie is found wanting and cant give a credible reason for his action i think the members can willingly terminate their membership by looking for other churches where morality is deepky entrenched.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by fesse(f): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
stolen stone: who is deceiving who?? <whistling...> story-story! voices from the market!

God bless you.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by AlhajiPastor: 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
IF I HEAR ANYONE OF YOU, I REPEAT ANYONE OF YOU CALLING THIS MAN A PASTOR AGAIN! I WILL INVITE FIRE ON YOUR HEAD.
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Dranatomy: 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
A man of God divorcing?... Gud for him oo....I think this is a very big disgrace to me and my Pastoral/Medical Callings
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by Darchangel(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
ENZO SCIFO:
May thunder fire you for making insinuation that people are judging the man of God(?),how many times did him and his likes go on the pulpit and talk about (condem) members who do not pay tithes? But when they do u say they are preaching the word not judging those souls, now that he has done things that are not scriptural and people talk about u say they are judging.
Okotie is just a serial polygamist simple!
ssshhh u talk 2 mch
Re: Church Members Barred From Discussing Chris Okotie’s Marriage by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

Where on earth did u get this obnoxious information abt jesus marriage to mary maddalene[b][/b].. Dont go about spreading heresies. or is your own bible from d occult... mtschew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So na now you dey hear say Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married?! Poor Child?!

At whose wedding did you think Jesus changed water to wine?!

Why was Mary the first to see him when he arose?!

Infact.. Google it and see.. You would be shocked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Kissing Before Marriage A Sin? / Cast Free Ifa Divination Online Now - Www.ifaluade.com / 70 Men Of God Travel To Jerusalem To Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.