Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria (18955 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 28, 2012
He is praying for his loot
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2012
When wil nairalanders stop using d words:fool,idiot,mad etc to cloth dia points
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by CuteTj(m): 9:38am On Jun 28, 2012
Nigeria is the most religious and at the same time, its at the brink of becoming a failed state because we are self centered and hypocrites. Prayer is the key and with prayer, all things are possible but God will not come down to help us because he has deposited all Nigeria needs to succeed in Nigeria/Nigerians but we have just refused to follow & worship God wholeheartedly. Instead, we have chosen to worship money. Until we renew our minds and love our neighbours regardless of tribe as ourselves, all the prayers in the world won't solve Nigeria's man created problems. We need to start acting as much as we pray not pray only like we are fond of.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Dpeacemaker101: 9:43am On Jun 28, 2012
A sincere prayer of a man willing to serve his people, he humbled himself in the sight of God pleading for his mercy and directives on how to move our country forward. This man is really sent my God to help us out of the situations we find ourselves today. God answer his prayer, and put his enemies to shame cause you chose him.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Pakavy(m): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2012
watz d big deal?!even lucifer knows there is a God
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Bukkyade: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2012
If our president can kneel to call on God, why can't we learn from this and tell God our problems in this country rather to pull the man down and spoil his name.
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by mallorca(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2012
omenziate: The effectual fervent prayer of the unrighteous availeth nothing.
enough said
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Image123(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2012
Just to comment on some wide and wild misconceptions on prayers and the promises of God, seeing the likes of cyrexx's post on prayers.

What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:

Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to remove poverty in Nigeria and stop the suffering of innocent women and children. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

We pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways.
Will anything happen? No. Of course not.

Jesus is supposed to be God. God is supposed to be perfect.
When Jesus speaks, he should speak the truth.
Yet when we look at what Jesus says about prayer,
he is clearly lying.
If you would like additional proof, gather a million faithful believers together into a giant prayer circle. Have them all pray together in Jesus' name that God ends poverty in Nigeria and stop the pain and suffering of the innocents . Pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways. Now, we certainly have two or more people gathered together, and they have asked in Jesus' name, and we have not one but a million faithful believers who, by definition, have faith and believe. We have fulfilled every one of Jesus' requirements.

Will Jesus answer the prayer now? Of course not. Your prayer will go unanswered, in direct defiance to Jesus' promises in the Bible. In fact, if you pray for anything that is impossible, your prayer will always go unanswered.

If you are an intelligent, rational human being, all of the examples mentioned above show you that the God of the Bible is imaginary. The Bible clearly promises that God answers prayers. Yet when we pray, nothing happens What Jesus says about prayer in the Bible clearly is not true.
Please, get this into your brains, GOD IS NOT A MAGICIAN. God's acts are not acts of magic. In magic, you just play a particular tune or say the famous magic word, and magic happens, like a door opens or something appears/disappears, or some tricks. In magic anybody is entitled, all you need is to know the magic word or process. What to rub, where, when, how many times etc. Prayers is not just to say some set of words and bingo, there you have it. The promises of God are conditional and MUST be in line with God's Word(the Bible) and Will. If everybody will unconditional receive what he prays for, that would be utmost chaos. Then i would ask to be the president, and you would ask, and the other would ask, and God must grant all our requests. If i ask for your family to die, and you ask for me to die, and i ask that my house be moved to Canada, and you say God i don't want to see this third mainland bride again, this is chaos. The promises and the Word of God is CONDITIONAL. i can show a hundred instances.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Job 22:23 If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.
Job 22:24 Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.

Isa 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

Clearly the scriptures should not be cherry-picked for our convenience. There is responsibility. If someone comes or some people come and say we pray to you to remove poverty in Nigeria and stop the suffering of innocent women and children. We pray in faith. Such a person should realise that faith without works is a dead faith. Besides God has given us the resources that we need, the brain, the time, the intelligence, and all else to get solutions to most of our problems. It's almost like asking your dad to help you wash your clothes, or tie your shoe laces. We have reached an advanced stage where such request may not be granted.
Requests are granted to those in true repentance and faith, a working faith, not a lazy faith. You cannot be asking God to take away all the poverty in your country while you fold your arms and don't obey the basic rules that God has laid down for prosperity. Those who obey God's rules for prosperity prosper, whether you are born again or born against, atheist, muslin, nigerian, arabian, american, swede, wherever and whatever.
Wisdom and education is key and central to prosperity. If anyone neglects wisdom, he cannot prosper in the sense of removing poverty from nigeria. Those nations that value education, we can see what they are doing. Hear what God's word says on wisdom

Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

Pro 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Pro 8:11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Pro 19:2 Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.

You can't be asking God to remove poverty and you do not have regards for acquiring wisdom. No regards for the improvement of the educational sector, all the political leaders are praying and are chopping all the money that should be directed towards training, research, scholarship, building of good schools and excellent learning centers, higher institutions are dilapidated, we are busy chasing rubies and storing up forex in our bank accounts.

We are praying God to take away poverty, stop the pain and suffering, but we ourselves have little or no regard for lives and property. We disdain hardwork and diligence and are more interested in the national cake share. It is diligence and hardwork that would fight your suffering and poverty. Look again at the Proverbs.

Pro 6:4 Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids.
Pro 6:6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
Pro 6:7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
Pro 6:8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
Pro 6:9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
Pro 6:10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
Pro 6:11 So shall thy poverty come as one that traveleth, and thy want as an armed man.

We love sleep in this country no doubt. You would see people who are sleeping till 11am under whatever guise. How won't the nation be poor. The whole system is slow to do things, and in a slumber. Even the NASS are sleeping on duty, and full of procrastinations and allowances for every shifted meeting, and you want God to come and help you remove poverty?

Pro 3:28 Say not unto thy neighbor, Go, and come again, and tomorrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.
There is unnecessary procrastination everywhere. Bills that ought to be passed, judgements that ought to be made, decisions that ought to be taken, iron that need to be formed while hot, papers that need to be signed. Look at thee way lecturers and NASU are messing with people's lives and results, and you expect God to magically roll away all the problems of your country.
Time would fail me to speak at length on our corruption
Pro 11:1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
Everybody is corrupt, even to the kids. There is no repentance, but you want a gathering to pray together and if nothing happens, it shows that God exists or doesn't. There is dishonesty and sharp practices everywhere in business. Thieves are been celebrated nationally and on the dailies, crimanals are vying for prestigious position and are winning elections. The next man wants to play the fast one on the other man, everybody wants to be sharp guy, very smart. Is that how it is been done in countries that you call developed? You know, God is not a partial God, anyone who obeys His basic laws would get rewarded. You reap what you sow, you don't sow trouble and corruption and come to pray for blessing and abundance. You don't sow nothing, and be asking God according to His riches in glory by Jesus Christ. Check up any 'developed'/prospering nation, they have followed these basic laws. they have been diligent, they have sought after wisdom, they are not majorly fraudulent, dishonest, corrupt people.
Pro 22:29 Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
Pro 20:13 Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.
Pro 21:20 There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

Do you see our leaders spending as if there is no tomorrow? DO you see people behaving without regard for the future and the coming generation, and you think all that would solve it is to prove if God exist, let Him remove nigeria's poverty and suffering? Unbelievers are even more deluded than many deluded 'believers'

Pro 22:28 Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.
Are we not a country that has lost all its virtues and values? Where is the honesty, hardwork, respect for authority, wisdom, and contentment that our fathers had? The ancient landmarks that even without the discovery of oil, without dollars, our progenitors were hardworking, honest and content. Were they into politics with do or die? Where are the words of wisdom, the parables, wise sayings and stories, where is the market where you could leave your wares and someone would still come to buy and you would meet your money. That generation is not far far far away, some of them are still alive. Just some years ago, if you had a post, you got it from the post office easily and intact. If you gained admission into school, they brought your admission letter before you even see it on some notice board. Today, we have to push for everything, you have to know somebody. Know somebody for your admission, know somebody to get letter of admission, know somebody for it to be sent, know somebody at the post office so that you will not get your letter after the second session/year of school, know somebody at common entrance board, nysc, know somebody to get anything. You have to push them to help you quickly in the bank, the hospital, governmant house, know your way(whatever that means) to pass your exams. All these is happening and you think God should remove poverty from nigeria at your request and agreement? ithink not. Please get your queries and perspective right, and read the Word of God in its full context, thanks.
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by iviix(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2012
How are we sure he is prayin for Nigeria? #smh
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Sijo01(f): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2012
This guy is aging very fast embarassed embarassed
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by furouyub: 9:56am On Jun 28, 2012
this man is a true man of GOD.[img]http://www.dubaa.info/hardware.gif[/img]
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by CuteTj(m): 10:01am On Jun 28, 2012
GEJ seems to be clueless about the way forward for Nigeria. He should only ask God for one thing- WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING to lead and nothing else. That is the most important quality a leader must possess. If he receives that, all his followers problems are over. If he doesnt receive that, he should kindly resign. We will understand he is just being human.
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by ifihearam: 10:02am On Jun 28, 2012
@image
Na becos of GEJ prayers make u write this plenty notes ni??
Na wa oo who get the time to read na
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Baba Sege doesnt disappoint.
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Sweetlemon(f): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2012
It was sentiments like this that made people like me vote for Jonathan. But now my eye don clear. I tell, I have never seen any one who knows how to whip up sentiments more than GEJ. Kai!
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by juman(m): 10:05am On Jun 28, 2012
iv_i_ix: How are we sure he is prayin for Nigeria? #smh

Probably praying for more "subsidy money". grin
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 28, 2012
redcliff:
Lol
Now u sound like the man possessed with demons proclaiming paul was a true man of God. U know what he did, he casted the foul spirit outta d man...lool.
LOL Una no go kill me with laff
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 28, 2012
When our effort seem not to be getting us the desired result, devine intervention becomes imperative. Gej is unto plan B.
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Sweetlemon(f): 10:10am On Jun 28, 2012
Ajiro22: Msheeeeeeeeeeew,Nigeria problem is less spiritual but more of political.GEJ knws all our looters,bring dem 2 book,collect d loots,convict dem, use d loot in creating biz enabling environment i.e security,stable electricity,gud roads and means of transportation,create employment by means of channeling govt expenditure to SMEs nd general industrial devt,den u can now pray 4 God's intervention.This great country has all it takes to grow in terms of natural endowments nd human capital but wen leaders leave d substance nd pursue shadows these are the consequences. I really love GEJ i want him 2 succeed nd i knw he can succeed only if he avoid his detractors,sycophants around him. Crying at every crash sites kneeling down for prayers 24/7 will not help.

Now this is someone who really loves GEJ and wants him to succeed by TELLING HIM THE TRUTH in a constructive way. Not like those annoying, pathetic, praise singers whom I seriously doubt have any iota of brains in their skulls.
God bless you for this sir! Most of us wish GEJ could perform, it's just that people are so frustrated and afraid for our children's future and that is why they insult him. But it is our dream to see him do well
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by tchaik(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Nigerians and religion.

Sit there and wait for Allah/God to do what you're supposed to do.

ON POINT!!!!
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by adelaja70(m): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2012
If na prayer Jerry Rawlings dey pray when Ghana was down,them 4 still dey the same.My friend get up and do the right thing bo!!!....

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by redsun(m): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2012
A picture of dumbness,hopelessness and deciet.
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by achi4u(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2012
;Dhis is praying against those Goliat on his way to Belgium.

boko haram is also another reason he need to pray.
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by AK481(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2012
He is praying (maybe),he is praying for nigeria(I m not sure).

Bt I think,prayers should be backed up with serious and sincere physical efforts,politically and otherwise. It is only in nigeria that we can vote out of sympathy and nt on great past record.

Btw.ilekenyarsh.who wants to follow n friend u sef.msheew,nairaland guys(90% fine boys) are more than that
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Sweetlemon(f): 10:19am On Jun 28, 2012
Billyonaire: There is something about GEJ that I havent seen in past Presidents, he puts human face to political office, he doesnt feel super-human, he prays.......
My dear, even armed robbers pray!
Removing fuel subsidy on Jan 1st, in the midst of the tears and fears caused by boko haram christmas day bombing (just a week earlier) is about one of the most inhuman things I'v ever heard of in history!
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:19am On Jun 28, 2012
omenziate: The effectual fervent prayer of the unrighteous availeth nothing.

Fhuck you...
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by luv2talk(m): 10:22am On Jun 28, 2012
***FUNNY PRAYER FOR NAIJA***
God!, Save Nigeria from the hands of Criminals who are blocking Mases from accessing My Tranfornational Cassava Bread, Every Spirit of Failure Dancing Azonto in Nigeria Shall be killed like Nigerian Refinaries, Anyone that sponsor BOKO-HARAM bombing in Nigeria Shall become history like Oputa Panel report. May the evil of Curruption that Swim from River Niger to River Benue be Killed like Ajaokuta Steel.
Pls, Say Amen if you Love Nigeria
Source:
http://www.facebook.com/FunnyPikin
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by akpunku1: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2012
Goddex:
As if they will do better when given the oppotunity.
It's often a very easy thing to criticise.

this kind of post makes me wish i can like a comment a million times, so on point.
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 28, 2012
dorox: A very patheric sight indeed.
Who told you, he was praying for Nigeria?
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 28, 2012
Whats wrong with you people!? the president is praying for this cesspit you guys too should pray 4 the president. angry angry angry angry
Re: Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria by Aksally(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2012
what is the big deal? When muslim presidents squat on the mat and pray in thier mosques we don't get analysis and dissections. Just pray your own pray to be the president of your town union and come back to tell us if is it easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Pastor Preaches On The Road With Reggae Music In Lagos / Which Church Do You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.