Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State (8686 Views)

Airforce Junction In Port Harcourt Flooded (Photos) / Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains / Canoes For Flood-prone Areas In Sokoto (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by uchennaq(m): 10:10am On Jun 28, 2012
IMO State:rochas!!!this Is What Happens When You Construct Road Without Drainage

Oga Rochas..If you like listen, the people of Uratta Housing Estate especially those leaving opposite your deputy Governor’s House, along MCC Pilgrims are not Happy with you….PERIOD!!!They said the road you constructed without making sure the contractors constructed good drainage system to tackle the problem of flooding is USELESS. They were better off the time the roads were bad. At-least they don’t know what is USING BUCKET TO SCOOP WATER FROM THEIR HOUSES. I have uploaded some pix of what I saw and other places I could not go to, because it was terrible. This kind of environmental hazard has never been experienced before

For more pictures
http://www.hintsonlinemagazine.com/imo-state-rochas-construct-road-drainage-system-part2/

Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Ngwakwe: 10:25am On Jun 28, 2012
@ Op
You are funny, how can you just frame up pictures without captions as per the location (street, axis or house name) where these pictures were shot or videos screened.

I am presently at Owerri and will like to verify and come back to this forum to update the house on the authenticity of these photos

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2012
Thank You Rochas Okorocha...
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by johnstar(m): 10:59am On Jun 28, 2012
Dis 1 small jor, cum cm ow water carry my strt
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 10:59am On Jun 28, 2012
Most of those roads without drainage were built by Ikedi Ohakim and not Rochas.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2012
OP I dont think this is Owerri, probably a nearby town/village, Hey don't discredit Rochas my Man cool
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Mcleo007(m): 11:06am On Jun 28, 2012
It still beats my imagination that simple flood situations in most urban areas of this country become a 'big deal'. Every sane urban area should have proper drainage collection units. Na wa ooooo. Only God will happen if we experience the mighty flooding and landslides often experienced abroad.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2012
afam4eva: Most of those roads without drainage were built by Ikedi Ohakim and not Rochas.

Nwokem I beg to differ...

Rochas' roads barely ever come with drainages.. Wait for my roadside pics of Owerri from my road trip
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2012
Ngwakwe: @ Op
You are funny, how can you just frame us pictures without captions as per the location (street, axis or house name) where these pictures were shot or videos screened.

I am presently at Owerri and will like to verify and come back to this forum to update the house on the authenticity of these photos

Everywhere in the world is flooded after heavy rains but the issue is how long the flood persists after the rains.

That picture is the back of Alvan like a year ago under construction. I believe it should have been completed by now
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by shaneroberts26: 11:17am On Jun 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Rochas' roads barely ever come with drainages.. Wait for my roadside pics of Owerri from my road trip
Op chop sh.i.t.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by himor: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2012
Rochas should remember to repair the road linking Amakohia Ikeduru & Mbaise road that road is so bad you can't cross the road either with bicycle this is only road linking ikeduru & Mbaise people who voted for u.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 28, 2012
OMG!! ARE PEOPLE HABITING THIS AREA OR IS IT A POND?? Why is your governoer creating free schools and colleges where there is no road to access it?? Its a pity...unu na ata ezigbo afufu!
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Melinde: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2012
sharrrrrrap, monkey like you. which has your own governor done. thank God you said he is building free schools.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Beync(f): 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2012
binger: OMG!! ARE PEOPLE HABITING THIS AREA OR IS IT A POND?? Why is your governoer creating free schools and colleges where there is no road to access i about?? Its a pity...unu na ata ezigbo afufu!
Not saying that this situation is good, but it can happen any where. even in the main city of ph, lagos, ibadan. u don't nail him now becos of this occurance except when he now fail to do something about it before the situation get worst.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Beync(f): 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
people should report to the appropriate agency so they can do something about it.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
You people like to blame the governor for everything. U elected a governor not a rain maker its not his fault that y'all live in swamps. If U guys wanted a governor who could control all 4 elements, U guys should have elected avatar the last air bender. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by kpokute: 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2012
It's not a crime to criticize a governor, but any one who tries to present Rochas Okorocha as an inefficient and non performing governor trhough such useless pictures and write up will end up making him self a nuissance, and my assistance to such a fellow will be to recommend him to a psychiatrist for mental examination!
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by okparadamian(f): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2012
mr man u hav to ascertain d truth of any thing dat come around u,b4 making any comment bcus someone send dis pic 2 u nd all u hav to do is to post it to decieve us.ur plan no go work,,Rochass 4 real
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by MrEverest(m): 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
Whoever posted dis stupid n nonsensical shit must be high on som cheap drugs. Y must u exhibit ur abysmally low IQ in public? So u expect Rochas 2 transform what took years 2 destroy within a few months? Ask anybody in Lagos to tell u what they r passin 2ru due 2 floods, does it mean dat Fashola is not doing his best? Pls my broda, u hav got 2 grow up, ur low IQ is so anoying.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Lebee4(m): 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2012
Nigerians are bunch of lazy and dirty people.
I discovered that most of this areas covered by flood had drainage system from the onset. But as a typical Nigerians, we are waiting for government to always desilt the drainages whenever its silted and before you know it, the drainage will vanish as if it never exist.
Nigerians, we all need a re-orientation.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
shaneroberts26: Op chop sh.i.t.

Bastard child of a harlot mother and slowpoke father
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by evangelpeaceym: 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2012
Don't forget that Rojas did not build any of these roads with his hand, but the contractors did. so if there was any such problem one should complain gently or report this matter to him, uchennaq is talking rather with hate,i know that most Nigerians are fond of criticizing government but whenever you criticize their work don't forget that it is not easy to be leader.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by tpia5: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

no wonder they jazzed your computer/laptop/ipad so it refused to load.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
tpia@:

no wonder they jazzed your computer/laptop/ipad so it refused to load.

Hahahahaaaa, Abi o!!

I suspected that corn he was eating on the roadside looked fetish... grin
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by evangelpeaceym: 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2012
I guess somebody must have paid for these criticisms on nairaland; ndi osu imi nwayokwa
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2012
evangelpeace@ym:
I guess somebody must have paid for these criticisms on nairaland; ndi osu imi nwayokwa

Ibu Onye?!

Nwoke onye evangelist, obu 'Okwu gbasara Rochas" ka i' na e' preach?!
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Blessedla(f): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2012
Babzilla: You people like to blame the governor for everything. U elected a governor not a rain maker its not his fault that y'all live in swamps. If U guys wanted a governor who could control all 4 elements, U guys should have elected avatar the last air bender. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
ur rit joor... let them talk Rochas don't even come to nairaland to read all these,also he is not the contractor..
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Dede1(m): 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
I said it before now that praise singers of Rochas Okorocha will blame the contractors when the first wave of rain storm hits Owerri. The people of Imo State do not know any contractor and may careless about what a contractor does but they know Rochas Okorocha whom they voted as governor of Imo State to take care of the contractual businesses of Imo State.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by uchennaq(m): 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2012
I CAN SEE THAT MOST PEOPLE HERE ARE HIGHLY SENTIMENTAL..WELL IT'S A PITY TO THEM. FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO KNOW THESE AREA...YOU CAN COME TO MCC ROAD URATTA...OPPOSITE PILGRIMS DY CLEANER AND USE YOUR EYES TO SEE. THOSE SAYING THIS IS NOT OWERRI, MY BLACKBERRY IS SMARTER THAN YOU. WHY? BECAUSE MY BB INDICATED MY LOCATION WHEN I WAS TAKING THE PICTURES AND IT SAYS OWERRI...[size=20pt]

Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
Wow, pictures illustrates such a well-developed state. . . . . the most developed state in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by ikeyman00(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2012
@@ haa ^^^ im begining to like u these day!! gatdam lipsrsealed it haaaa

so where u hiding over there

in the block?
Re: Pictures Of Flooded Areas In Imo State by shaneroberts26: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Bastard child of a harlot mother and slowpoke father
.May u go blind d day u wil see good tin in your life.Nitwit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Will Be Rescued In 24 Hours – Uduaghan. / Shettima Visits Survivors Of Rann Tragedy (Photos) / The Oba of Lagos pubclicly disgraces the Ooni of Ife in Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.