Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

State Police-what Is Your Take? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Police-what Is Your Take? (647 Views)

Take A Look At Our Inspector General Of Police, What Can You See? / If This Was Nigerian Police What Do You Think Will Happen (pics) / NL Political Dialogue Nov 2012: STATE POLICE - ARE WE READY FOR IT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Police-what Is Your Take? by Mandelaguy(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2012
Ladies and fine gentlemen, it is with humble submission that I want us to debate on an issue that I have given much thought to. The issue of corruption and reform in the polic has become a sensitive one in the polity,with some school f thought asking for state police,while others are saying no. What is your take on it?(PLEASE LET US NOT DERAIL ON THE TOPIC AND START HURLING INSULTS) we want intelligent arguments.
Re: State Police-what Is Your Take? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 28, 2012
state police will be an opportunity to recruit strong and fit men, give dem state of d art ammunition, and declare a war.
Re: State Police-what Is Your Take? by Pupita(f): 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
There are fears in some quarters that It will lead to abuse of power by state governors in their political aspirations,and probably to haunt their opposition,but if there is sincerity and pure separation of powers,just like they do it abroad,it will yield better security results. This is my submission.
Re: State Police-what Is Your Take? by Mandelaguy(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2012
I don't want to appear biased,but I think that if it must happen,there should be autonomy and proper separation of powers and he immunity clause for office holders has to be reviewed.
Re: State Police-what Is Your Take? by Pupita(f): 10:26am On Jul 07, 2012
Pupita: There are fears in some quarters that It will lead to abuse of power by state governors in their political aspirations,and probably to haunt their opposition,but if there is sincerity and pure separation of powers,just like they do it abroad,it will yield better security results. This is my submission.
the issue of state police is one that will always arise,and has to be critically looked at,taking into cognisance the pros and cons of such a venture.
Re: State Police-what Is Your Take? by Mandelaguy(m): 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2012
This will always be an issue for discourse
Re: State Police-what Is Your Take? by harrisnimasa(m): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
we are finished!! if we allow the state police case to succeed,a governor in the north will wake up one day and say ,he want his police to wear hausa native cloth, another one will say its illegal for women to be in police,another one will say police dont allow women to drive just like saudi
we hav been in this country bt like we hav not learn frm the past.
infact opposition party will be silenced,u remember some state could nt allow the opposition to use the state facilities like stadium for the campain rally,so wht wil happen when u give them police.
i can never be in support,cos nigerian govenors are very arrogant.

(1) (Reply)

Attorney General Files Petition To Stop Prosecution Of Fuel Subsidy Thieves / FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA Under Planned Reforms / Ogoniland Clean-up Gulps $1b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.