Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished (9662 Views)

People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Breach Of Protocol: Mallam Lawal Kazaura Should Be Punished, Not Emefiele / Man Punished By Soldiers In Lagos For Crossing An Express Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
I Know OBJ as a man who doesnt have a permanent friend or boy, if u mess up he will definitely treat your Bleep-up. Buh Is he saying he was not in the picture before the give and take , I tought Otedola is one of his boys, what do you think NLders, ok hear him

Against the backdrop of the bribery allegation between a member of the House of Representatives, Farouk Lawan and business mogul, Femi Otedola, over the fuel subsidy report, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has said both the giver and taker of bribe must be punished.

Speaking to the The Guardian of London, Obasanjo said fighting corruption in Nigeria was not a one-night affair.

His words: “Fighting corruption is not a one-night affair. The givers of most of the corruption in Africa are from outside Africa. They do in Africa (things) they would not do in their own countries. In my part of the world, we have a saying that the man who carries a pot of palm oil from the ceiling is not the only thief. He has an accomplice in the man who helps him to bring it down. The giver and the taker are criminals, and they should be treated as such.”

Obasanjo told the newspaper that instead of saying Nigerian leaders lack accountability, the paper should say they are corrupt. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

“You are being euphemistic when you say lack of accountability. Call it corruption. There is no part of the world where corruption is absolutely eliminated. But (in other countries) corruption has not been a way of life. When you are found, you are dealt with. And that’s what we need.”

Obasanjo was in the UK to promote investment in Nigeria.

The former president who is working as a roving ambassador, facilitating firms’ entry into Nigeria and the rest of Africa grin grin grin said he believed that positive examples of business success would encourage avaricious minds to look for more legitimate routes to wealth.

He said: “I still believe in the opportunities that Africa affords to make legitimate money. Africa is one place I believe that if you are courageous enough, you get the money, you can invest and get 25 per cent return on your investment annually. There aren’t many places in the world where you can get that return.”

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/obasanjo-says-in-london-punish-the-bribe-taker-lawan-and-giver-otedola

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2012
I just learnt one today ROVING AMBASSADOR, OBJ Mr inventor grin grin grin
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by buzugee(m): 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
great eureka moment, einstein

1 Like

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Frank3n2(m): 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
Imagine the devil telling us to repent....tufiawka

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by SpiritofOkija(m): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2012
True talk boss....

Oya when woulD you present yourself for prosecution for offences ranging from bribery to corruption, to abuse of office and even genocide in Odi.

Leadership by example

3 Likes

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by fankasibe: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2012
The true solution to corruption in Nigeria is by us using JUJU(black powers).....they will stop
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Biggyd2: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2012
If people wan insult others, make dem start with 'I.d.I.o.T. Is this man living in denial or something?. This guy should look at himself in the mirrior before lecturing us. If you want to go to equity, you must go with clean hands.
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by MrGlobe(m): 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
Lol... look who is talking
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Dranatomy: 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2012
Hahaa... A pot man calling a kettle black
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by gbadexy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
I guess I missed the part where he said farouk lawan and 0tedola should be punished. I think he was just talking of corruption generally in africa.
One thing you can't take away from him though is that he has guts. I wonder if he has dirts on all the politicians that nobody can probe him or make him give account of his stewardship.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
If this is followed to the later then it means every house, street, church, schools will be turned to prisons because our prisons cannot contain 90% of Nigerians. Though i think it will bring back sanity to this country.
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Faithlovewinner: 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2012
May God help us in jesus name

1 Like

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by inspirenet: 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2012
gbadexy: I guess I missed the part where he said farouk lawan and 0tedola should be punished. I think he was just talking of corruption generally in africa.
One thing you can't take away from him though is that he has guts. I wonder if he has dirts on all the politicians that nobody can probe him or make him give account of his stewardship.
smiley smiley
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by aybim: 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2012
na true the man dey talk....any stupid person should not course him cool
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by ilan0312: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
great eureka moment, einstein[img]http://www.keyforex.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by bernieamce: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
this is the only man whom i think is capable of ruling this country. He's got guts!

1 Like

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by free2ryhme: 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2012
kettle calling pot black

1 Like

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by free2ryhme: 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2012
aybim: na true the man dey talk....any stupid person should not [b]course [/b]him cool

guy which school you go wey u no dabi spell again cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Andrew3(m): 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2012
Eliminating faroukology in nigeria today will never be an infinitesimal
until the nation changes from faroukracy.
The faroukers and the faroukees are both from this nation so who is to be blamed?

Eevery political office holder farouked his way in. grin grin grin grin

check here before asking what i mean.

https://www.nairaland.com/972058/new-word-d-dictionary
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by bakjal(m): 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2012
Chai Naija is a very intresting state indeed...OBJ is now an ambassedor of anti-curruption! ;DChai Naija is a very intresting state indeed...OBJ is now an ambassedor of anti-curruption!
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2012
a gospel according to saint obasanjo! i dey laugh o! grin
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Emmyanuel(m): 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
Dranatomy: Hahaa... A pot man calling a kettle black
yeah its true buh its beta we say d truth as it is so there'll be a transformation in our country.. wink
Dranatomy: Hahaa... A pot man calling a kettle black
yeah its true buh its beta we say d truth as it is so there'll be a transformation in our country..
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by kaiter: 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2012
This guy should look at himself in the mirrior before lecturing us. If you want to go to equity, you must go with clean hands.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by bakjal(m): 3:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
::Andrew:::
Eliminating faroukology in nigeria today will never be an infinitesimal
until the nation changes from faroukracy.
The faroukers and the faroukees are both from this nation so who is to be blamed?

Eevery political office holder farouked his way in. grin grin grin grin

check here before asking what i mean.

https://www.nairaland.com/972058/new-word-d-dictionary
Amma kai wawane
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by nkemKalu: 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
bernie amce: this is the only man whom i think is capable of ruling this country. He's got guts!
ARRANT NONSENCE.......HE HAS GUTS TO DO RUBBISH AS HE PUT US IN THE MESS WE ARE TODAY.
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by ismhab(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2012
So when i we going to prosecute baba iyabo, because he is the father of givers.
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by nkemKalu: 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
Emmyanuel: yeah its true buh its beta we say d truth as it is so there'll be a transformation in our country.. wink yeah its true buh its beta we say d truth as it is so there'll be a transformation in our country..
which truth? OBJ remains one of the biggest criminal in Nigeria.....he rigged and conducted and stole NIGERIANs mandate in an unprecedented manner, have u forgotten the litters of NAIRA in the National assembly when he was seeking for 3rd term? Have u forgotten the heap of Naira notes displayed when he wanted to remove OKADIGBO and the speaker of the house then? Which bribe is better or worst than these ones?....Eh...U should tell me. Have u forgotten that KEN NNAMANI.....the man that killed third term gave a vivid account of how billions was withdrawn from the CBN to pursue third term and he even threatened to give the cheque numbers for the withdrawal. Should OBJ not be languishing in jail by now? and u are here telling me truth has to be told. CAN A CRIMINAL EVER SAY THE TRUTH? I even wonder if he is not behind this bribery allegations as these are his apostles

1 Like

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by omo9ja1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
true talk for many we rememeber OBJ might not be the best thing that happen to 9ja but I guess we all know he hand over power when due

for what he say I agree with him
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Ortis: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2012
Hmmmm i tireoo mr.OBJ talkin......na who close eye carry fish give rat.....i guex he wil lead by example nd hand OTA FARM over to the govt nd present himself 4 questioning over the hilburton bribe scandal

1 Like

Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by CuteTj(m): 4:03pm On Jun 28, 2012
Baba's outbursts is like the case of a retired thief who was robbed by other small thieves and didn't raise an alarm until after the thieves had escaped.
Re: OBJ Wants Bribe Givers & Takers To Be Punished by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
bakjal: Chai Naija is a very intresting state indeed...OBJ is now an ambassedor of anti-curruption! ;DChai Naija is a very intresting state indeed...OBJ is now an ambassedor of anti-curruption!

Hey dont get it twisted, He is a ROVING Ambassador. Allow Baba to do his Job. I too gbadu his style, he says it the way it is. If only he was clean lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Bank Raises Nigeria's Economic Rating / Patience & Goodluck Jonathan On Her Graduation Day (Picture) / Moshood Abiola's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.