Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date (4557 Views)

Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. / Blackberry Classic Q20 Release Date And Specifications / Samsung Galaxy S5 - Specs, Rumors, And Release Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by mukina2: 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2012

[img]http://www.geektech.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/808.jpg[/img]

The Nokia 808 PureView 41-megapixel camera-equipped smartphone will go on sale in the UK at the end of June, according to the Finnish handset maker.

The Nokia 808 PureView may be one of the last Symbian smartphones aimed at developed markets to be released by Nokia.

The handset, which runs the Symbian Belle OS, was first shown off at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona but little hint of its arrival has been given since that point.

However, Nokia said on Tuesday that the phone is available to pre-order from Amazon and that the 808 PureView would start shipping at the end of the month. The online retailer is currently listing the release date as 30 June.

"The Nokia 808 PureView features a large, high-resolution 41-megapixel sensor with high-performance Carl Zeiss optics and new pixel oversampling technology," Nokia said in a statement. "At standard resolutions (2/3, 5 and 8-megapixels) this means the ability to zoom without loss of clarity and capture seven pixels of information, condensing into one pixel for the sharpest images imaginable."

In addition to a 41-megapixel sensor, Carl Zeiss Optics and Xenon and LED flash, the handset is capable of capturing 1080p HD video footage, which can be played back on the device or connected to an external display via a micro-HDMI port.

The 808 PureView, which is likely to be one of the last Symbian smartphones aimed at developed markets and released by Nokia, is priced at just under £500 SIM-free.

Other key specs of the device include a 1.3GHz single-core processor, 16GB internal storage, a 4-inch Corning Gorilla Glass display and NFC capabilities.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/tech-tech-boom-10017860/nokia-808-pureview-release-date-confirmed-10026494/
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by SisiKill1: 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2012
It never ends!!
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by anishe(m): 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2012
Rubbish
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by crusufixo(m): 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill: It never ends!!

Thats just the way it is bro !!!, it just never ends !!!!!!!!
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by kaiter: 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2012
Very nice! [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by Hotdiamond(m): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
anishe: Rubbish
Whats the rUbBiSh bout it. mtchewwwww
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by sonyjacobs(m): 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
does nokia has any phone product that has a direct mobile wifi hotspot without downloading any 3rd party apps(joikusoft). This is why i want to go for samsung android phones.
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2012
My good ol'Nokia, I wish you can provide us with the good battery life we know.....then I will come back...
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2012
Huh? What's this? shocked shocked

Talk about crazy. Wonder who coined up this concept.
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by sylve11: 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
Nice piece of machine! cool cool
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by Walexz02(m): 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2012
Nokia and dem wahala!
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by itoldu: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
Nokia Records. All Carl Zeiss again
we go make dem jealous our love sotey we no stop
Even if dem vex, we go make them vex, take pishhur for busstop.
Shey make we beg them?
Noooo Noooo Noooo
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by puskin: 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
NOKIIIAAAA........never had one.......will never have one.
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by KINGwax(m): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
^^
your bad
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by yaris(m): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
no wonder they are recording losses while others are making profits. i own an n8 but nokia dey f-word up.
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
Looks to me like Nokia is staging a comeback.
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by Andrew3(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
its a wonderful device, am a proud owner.
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by jedisco(m): 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2012
One of the true revolutionary devices I've seen in a long time. Came out with specs no one could have imagined.

I have read reviews about it and one striking feature is that every site (even symbian hating ones) say the camera cannot be compared with that on any other phone. Infact gsmarena went on to compare it with DLSRs and gave a pretty nice review on it

Even if its the last symbian device (which I really doubt), I think it would be a wonderful farewell to a legendary OS- the OS that introduced smartphones to most of us.

Would have loved to get one especially since the new windows 8 cannot accommodate above 20MP. But it does not have a higher processing power than my 701 although it has a screen. Would have loved it to have a higher screen resolution and maybe 4.2 inches.

Well I guess I would have to wait for the FP2 update to Belle and Nokia show coming up in September to know which direction Symbian is heading or whether I will switch to windows.

But all in all, this is a device worth having. It gives us a break from the mad RAM, pixel increase and dual core chase that seems to be the only thing changing in new phones.
It brings true innovation
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 29, 2012
The only fone that can stand a Blackberry in the world now is the Iphone.... Loving my fabulous torch 2, Lovely and always my frnd.. When a lot of smartfones are talking about double processor nokia is still making one processor...
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:20am On Jun 29, 2012
Let me help u correct ur mistake
gerewilliams: The only fone that can stand a Blackberry in naija now is the Iphone.... Loving my fabulous torch 2, Lovely and always my frnd.. When a lot of smartfones are talking about double processor nokia is still making one processor...
cus Blackberry is reporting losses and low sales on its device around de world
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by dragnet: 9:41am On Jun 29, 2012
jedisco: One of the true revolutionary devices I've seen in a long time. Came out with specs no one could have imagined.

I have read reviews about it and one striking feature is that every site (even symbian hating ones) say the camera cannot be compared with that on any other phone. Infact gsmarena went on to compare it with DLSRs and gave a pretty nice review on it

Even if its the last symbian device (which I really doubt), I think it would be a wonderful farewell to a legendary OS- the OS that introduced smartphones to most of us.

Would have loved to get one especially since the new windows 8 cannot accommodate above 20MP. But it does not have a higher processing power than my 701 although it has a screen. Would have loved it to have a higher screen resolution and maybe 4.2 inches.

Well I guess I would have to wait for the FP2 update to Belle and Nokia show coming up in September to know which direction Symbian is heading or whether I will switch to windows.

But all in all, this is a device worth having. It gives us a break from the mad RAM, pixel increase and dual core chase that seems to be the only thing changing in new phones.
It brings true innovation
it was d spambot that banned you''

The SpamBot banned jedisco for this post at Yesterday at 08:40:19 PM. Ban expired at Yesterday at 09:40:19 PM
Re: Nokia Confirms 808 Pureview Release Date by jedisco(m): 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
dragnet: it was d spambot that banned you''

The SpamBot banned jedisco for this post at Yesterday at 08:40:19 PM. Ban expired at Yesterday at 09:40:19 PM

I was really surprised. Well thanks for the clarification

(1) (Reply)

Download Jumia Black Friday App Now! / Android P Is Here And It Is HUGE / I Just Got The Infinix S4 So Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.