Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan (7248 Views)

NAIRALANDERS! Read How Power Supply Will Improve By October / Inadequate Power Supply Will End With Myregime – Jonathan / Jonathan: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among 20 Best By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by dani1luv: 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
Nigeria power supply will be among best 20 by 2020 –Jonathan

Written by - Friday, 29 June 2012

President Goodluck Jonathan says power supply in Nigeria will be among the best 20 in the world in the next eight years.

The president gave the assurance in Lagos yesterday at the 40th Annual General Meeting of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN).
Represented by Dr Samuel Ortom, Minister of State for Trade and Investment, the president said government would do everything possible to address the “structural weaknesses standing between us and revolutionizing the power sector”.

“Some of the problems are deep, but not beyond the government. We are currently reviewing the lapses in the power sector to make it one of the best in the world in the year 2020. Nigeria is on the threshold of history, ready to join the world economic powers in the very near future”, he said.

The president said the emphasis of government was to promote the processing of the nation’s natural resources for consumable commodities, saying this would also beef up “our export portfolio”.

He said the government’s effort at attracting local and foreign investors into the economy was yielding positive results. “More than 16,000 local and foreign investors have registered their intentions to do business worth about N6.6 trillion in just one year,” he said.

The president lauded the MAN’s blueprint to boost the sector, assuring them that the consideration of the blueprint would be highly valued by the government and put to work.

The MAN President, Mr. Kola Jamodu, said the manufacturing sector was one of the most powerful engines for economic growth and a catalyst for transformation of the nation’s economic structure. (NAN)

Source
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
dani1luv:

Source
By the ime haters come here,they will not read the post or get a full handle on the news,they will just pick the topic and take an opium induced ride through their normal rhetorics and name calling and disturb our intellectual conversations with their myopic views, their fear is that GEJ might actually succeed and rubbish their names in history, knowing that if he succeeds and they fail,all they have ever said will be used against them by generations yet unborn and as such,they will remain villains even in their graves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Dpeacemaker101: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
And they say GEJ is not working? May God grant you the will to do more my president.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by london2lasgidi(m): 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
Has the President taken his meds yet? The guy is obviously deluded.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
Tsetsetsetsetsetsehahahehehuho... I laugh in Tesla!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Louis88: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2012
I loved one particular statement in the whole write up and that is"WE ARE ADDRESSING THE STRUCTURAL WEAKNESSES STANDING BETWEEN US AND REVOLUTIONALIZING THE POWER SECTOR,SOME OF THE PROBLEMS ARE DEEP BUT NOT BEYOND THE GOVT".Now that is a statement made by a realist and an intellectual,this is not some cheap politician that will just trumpet out I will give you light but does not address the basic problems.once the foundation is strong then the building will stand eternally.i still insist that this govt will clear doubt,because I have seen the approach with which they are going about the whole power thing and I can say that to the best of my knowledge they are going about everything the right way,one step at a time,doing first things first.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by ebgbest(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
Friend plz hw do i make front page wit ma story......let sum1 help me.....i'm new on dis site. 10x

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by kaiter: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
May God grant you the will to do more my president.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by seyi072000(m): 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
Na today mtcheEeeeeeeew
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. WAS THIS NOT THE SAME STORY HE TOLD US WHEN HE WAS CAMPAIGNING LAST YEAR? ABEG MAKE PERESON HEAR WORD THIS LIAR.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Pataki: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
I will build airports across the 36 states in Nigeria - GEJ (while the idi0t cannot even land his helicopter in two of the current airports in Nigeria)!

I will build universities across the 36 states in Nigeria - GEJ

Boko Haram will be exterminated by the end of June - GEJ (one more day to go)!

Now here comes another classic from the stables of President Retardeen Goofluck - Nigeria power supply will be among the best by 2020.

Foolish man!

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by ballabriggs: 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
16000 investors? Wake me up when 500 start investing.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by canuck(m): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
Dpeacemaker101: And they say GEJ is not working? May God grant you the will to do more my president.

Mandelaguy: By the ime haters come here,they will not read the post or get a full handle on the news

See, folks, it's really not about hating but a burning desire to see TANGIBLE results of democracy in our country.

I took your advise to heart and read the short 280-word article 10 times, and I still do not see anything other than promises.

Nigerians are jaded and cynical because we've been hearing "Better life by 1990" "Good life by 2000" "Heavenly life by 2010", now "Powered life by 2020"

GEJ represents all that disappointment and he is the lightening rod taking all the hit - If he indeed he proves cynics wrong, the cynic camp will lay desolate.

Until then, GEJ and his die-hard supporters (I used to be one, and I am still ever ready to support a winner GEJ) should huncker down and get ready to be battered by Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Zutchy: 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
Oya let the battle begin,this is the type of topic that all these diehard,no dey ever gree GEJ haters and antagonists enjoy,but when GEJ fulfills all that he says you people will bow.carry on my able president,you have all it takes and an excellent team to achieve this and more.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
WTF is he talking about? He won't be there by 2020.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Standing5(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
Some off the problem are deep indeed . . . or how do we explain gross deficiency in character of
our principle actors???
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by mikolo80: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
Mandelaguy: By the ime haters come here,they will not read the post or get a full handle on the news,they will just pick the topic and take an opium induced ride through their normal rhetorics and name calling and disturb our intellectual conversations with their myopic views, their fear is that GEJ might actually succeed and rubbish their names in history, knowing that if he succeeds and they fail,all they have ever said will be used against them by generations yet unborn and as such,they will remain villains even in their graves.
HOW WE WAN MAKE PROGRESS WITH PPL LIKE DIS IN THE MAJORITY.ALL SENTIMENT AND NO COMMON SENSE.HOW MANY PROMISES HAS HE FULFILLED AND YET YOU STILL HAVE HOPE IN THE DOOFUS

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by mikolo80: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
Mandelaguy: By the ime haters come here,they will not read the post or get a full handle on the news,they will just pick the topic and take an opium induced ride through their normal rhetorics and name calling and disturb our intellectual conversations with their myopic views, their fear is that GEJ might actually succeed and rubbish their names in history, knowing that if he succeeds and they fail,all they have ever said will be used against them by generations yet unborn and as such,they will remain villains even in their graves.
HOW WE WAN MAKE PROGRESS WITH PPL LIKE DIS IN THE MAJORITY.ALL SENTIMENT AND NO COMMON SENSE.HOW MANY PROMISES HAS HE FULFILLED AND YET YOU STILL HAVE HOPE IN THE DOOFUS.HOW I WISH WE CUD RECALL D IDIOT FISHERMAN
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
2020 long sha, but what can we say. As far as there is demonstration of sincerity, then I can keep holding on. My unborn kid could be lucky.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
canuck:

See, folks, it's really not about hating but a burning desire to see TANGIBLE results of democracy in our country.

I took your advise to heart and read the short 280-word article 10 times, and I still do not see anything other than promises.

Nigerians are jaded and cynical because we've been hearing "Better life by 1990" "Good life by 2000" "Heavenly life by 2010", now "Powered life by 2020"

GEJ represents all that disappointment that he is the lightening rod taking all the hit - If he indeed he proves cynics wrong, the cynic camp will lay desolate.

Until then, GEJ and his die-hard supporters (I used to be one, and I am still ever ready to support a winner GEJ) should huncker down and get ready to be battered by Nigerians.

because others befor him failed and also messed up the country you people will now vent your frustrations on him? E has made promises and s working towards achieving them,by setting up the necessary machineries in motion,allow him to work and stop picking on a man tha is sincerely out to chart a new course.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2012
dorothy111: WTF is he talking about? He won't be there by 2020.
are economic projections limited to your time in office? You just showed how big your IQ is.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
ebgbest: Friend plz hw do i make front page wit ma story......let sum1 help me.....i'm new on dis site. 10x
Come up with something that makes sense or that can catch peoples attention, and Yipeeeeeeeeee ur thread wuld be on the front page.

Note: Excluding Sport section sha.. The lady there is a terrorist!!! grin Only her stuffs are worthy of making the front Page.. Very wicked Mukina2... Wouldn't like to meet the 1 undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by etchel(m): 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
canuck:

GEJ represents all that disappointment that he is the lightening rod taking all the hit - If he indeed he proves cynics wrong, the cynic camp will lay desolate.

Exactly! You've said it all. WE NEED RESULTS not PROMISES. GEJ is just voicing out words until his actions speaks better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
The problem started in 1914

The problem will be over by 2020.

GEJ, the man who saw tomorrow. . .and yesterday

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by markdacas: 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
GEJ is a Big Fool! Take it from me

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by greall1: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
I reserve my comment for the worst president so far in the history of nigeria
I want him to added 7yrs to his age. Boko haram president.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by free2ryhme: 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2012
na today jonah ... e dun taaaaaaayyy
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by ebamma(m): 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
na today,first dem been tell us say before 2010,when e don reach 2020,dem go change mouth say na by 2040 u go dey get steady light.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by ebamma(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
forget am mr i had no shoes, before 2020, china go fit produce small generator were dem go dey sell 5,000 naira,by then even some poor guys go fit buy am use.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Revealedtv(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
Pickin wey go good for future, na from small we go know am
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by Chinom(m): 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
This is a very important issue for me. Jonathan should hurry up. 2020 is too far away. Let's just have 70% of what we're getting now by 2015. i would like to give GEJ benefit of the doubt. I think the power road map is realisable. I will never set foot in the west again once Nigeria gets 24 hrs power supply. Not even for holidays. I can handle every other problem in Nigeria, but it's hard to deal with power failure. The noise and pollution from gen sets are unbearable. not to mention the cost.
Let there be light. ASAP.
Re: Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan by dedeike: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
It's only those who hve blinded themselves to truth that will not notice the present successes recorded by GEJ in power sector in the last one year. Make your inquiries. Gej has completed the construction of both Mambilla and Zungeru power plants, yet canuck says nothing is being done. Gej has also refurbished Alaoji, Utorogu, calabar, Omotosho plants in line with his revival of NIPP . Yet some haters don't see anything. JUST the other day, we saw Brasilian electric giants Electro bus sign MOU to participate in the ongoing privatization of PHCN, yet haters say nothing. Few days ago, we saw a topic in this forum whereby SHELL had gone to establish a gas plant for power stations in IMO state in line with FG's agreement with them for the upward review of tariffs. Yet haters say he's clueless. People are just hating and sounding like broken records.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

103 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Kaduna, Face Deportation / EXPLOSIVE!!! Secret 1914 Amalgamation Document Finally EXPOSED (PHOTOS) / NSCDC Discover Bomb Making Factories In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.