Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Obinna Anyanwu Recognized By U.S. Army Research, Development Center - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obinna Anyanwu Recognized By U.S. Army Research, Development Center (1478 Views)

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Hon. Obinna Onwubuariri, The YOUNGEST LAWMAKER Tours His Constituency! / Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obinna Anyanwu Recognized By U.S. Army Research, Development Center by FSU: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
http://www.army.mil/article/82651/

Electronics engineer recognized by Army research, development center

June 27, 2012

By Amanda Rominiecki, CERDEC Public Affairs
Obinna Anyanwu CERDEC I2WD
Related Links

CERDEC homepage
CERDEC on Facebook
CERDEC on Twitter

ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. -- An electronics engineer was named employee of the year by the U.S. Army's Communications-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center, or CERDEC, here, June 19.

Obinna Anyanwu was recognized in the technical category for his work as an electronics engineer in the Radar Systems Branch of CERDEC's Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate, or I2WD, focusing on gunshot detection. Radars traditionally have addressed counter-fire missions surrounding rocket, artillery and mortar threats--gunshot detection is a relatively new field. I2WD's work in this field includes developing models and algorithms to accurately track in-flight projectiles back to the shooter.

With less than two years experience working for the federal government and no prior knowledge of radar before being hired, Anyanwu served as the lead radar performance evaluator in a major radar acquisition program that selected and evaluated sources for a radar production contract. He also serves as a member of a radar engineer support team in which he performs system analyses to make adjustments to the system prior to fielding.

"Mr. Anyanwu has established himself in the radar community and with our customers as a radar subject matter expert at a young age," according to his nomination package. "These accomplishments reflect positively upon himself, the I2WD, CERDEC and the Army."

Re: Obinna Anyanwu Recognized By U.S. Army Research, Development Center by Arosa(m): 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
I hope he will pass on his knowledge to the Nigerian army. cool

(1) (Reply)

Ajimobi’s Wife In London Police Net For Laundering N500m …..oyo Gov. Stands Sure / Gomina Fayemi's Chief Thug, Jaruu Causes Mayhem At Iyin-ekiti / PM News Called Taraba State Governor Dambaba A Zombie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.