Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK (8611 Views)

Nneoma Nwankwo Named Virginia Tech’s Undergraduate Student Of The Year / Davido Is The Only Graduating Student In His Department / Nigerian Girl, Chibundu Onuzo Becomes The Uk’s No.1 Best Black Student Of 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by graciousgrace: 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2012
kongrats!!!!!
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by london2lasgidi(m): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
wandeay: why is black always attached, i s that discrimination or what

it isn't discrimination...... it's the bunch of uncle toms trying to celebrate rubbish...... and they will start saying there are no role models in the uk, when all they sit down to do is celebrate stupidity rather than focus on uplifting the black youths in the inner city........ writing a book is her achievement...... these fools just make us look stupid all the time....

i know David Lammy and Trevor Phillips are behind is utter stupidity...... bunch of uncle toms.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by freecocoa(f): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ayorh4you:
and wia r u 2day old man? Shameles hegoat lyk u
cheesy cheesy grin

Trust me brother,I'm better than you by miles,at least i know that the(f)beside someone's moniker indicates that the user is female,unlike you.tongue
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
There is nothing like best black student if you are not the best in your class.
It is a stupid endorsement of opinions of bloody racists! It's an insult to black race.

Have you ever heard of best white student?

2 Likes

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by london2lasgidi(m): 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
bayooooooo: There is nothing like best black student if you are not the best in your class.
It is a stupid endorsement of opinions of bloody racists! It's an insult to black race.

it was done by uncle toms not white people........ just take a look at their choice as well..... this is just some politically correct award rubbish..... these uncle toms disgust me.....
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by uchlukez(f): 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
Am I d only one noticing all these pepo are igbos?
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by MacLovington(m): 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
emöfine2: She’s so beautiful...well done to her although I must say I detest this patronising term of “best black student”. Achievement shouldn't be colour coded afterall is she and others like her not fit to be placed in the same category as her Caucasian colleagues....
That aside, I do anticipate reading this young lady’s debut novel.

Kings College is a top university not only in the UK but in the world and this isn't solely based on results or esteemed institutions rather achievement...undecided

So on point.

It was awesome rubbing shoulders with Nobel Prize winners there. You work hard for your certificate. KCL has been a very good place for Nigerians. People like the late Prof. T. Bello-Osagie (Dr to Gowon, Babangida etc) among others went through there. Even Naija diaspora children make the med school seem as if u're in UNN, MAUL or UI.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by UcLloyd: 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
london2lasgidi:

look who's talking lmao..........smelly freshie like you...... with an accent so thick, i can cut that ish up with a knife....... who's gonna let you into a restaurant in here to destroy the place with your smelly body lmao..... hop back to ur village and tap palm wine lmao....
lol...now ur clowning!
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by BaBaMike: 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
london2lasgidi:

lmao........i have lived there since i was 8 lol....... did they deny your father a visa?....... uneducated village goat..... achievers are proud of innovative achievements not history and writing skills........ she isn't top200 in the uk academically.... take that to your village, waste man.

Haba ! This is too much ke ... grin grin grin grin
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
Congrats!!

But this award is a slap on the faces of those kids doing sciences at the top unis in the UK. Why call her the best black student, when she clearly isn't?

I need to laugh out loud, and fvck off this thread.

The award should have been the youngest 'black' achiever in the UK. undecided
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by MacLovington(m): 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
uchlukez: Am I d only one noticing all these pepo are igbos?

Igbo people are brilliant, no doubt. But Yorubas and others are making us proud also from what I see daily. There is a lot of postive in that direction. I tried to persuade students of Naija ancestry to spend time in Naija hospitals instead of South America or even Ghana. Many expressed worries about safety. My hope was that if they spend time in Naija hospitals learning, they might return some day to work, 15, 20 years later?
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by turl(m): 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
impressive
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Jarus(m): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
bayooooooo: There is nothing like best black student if you are not the best in your class.

On the marble.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by igbo2011(m): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2012
MacLovington:

Igbo people are brilliant, no doubt. But Yorubas and others are making us proud also from what I see daily. There is a lot of postive in that direction. I tried to persuade students of Naija ancestry to spend time in Naija hospitals instead of South America or even Ghana. Many expressed worries about safety. My hope was that if they spend time in Naija hospitals learning, they might return some day to work, 15, 20 years later?

Nigeria has one of the worst halthcare systems in the world but we have many doctors in Europea and America due to the money and the infrastrucutre. Why can't we go back home and build it?
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by emmy11(f): 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by queensmith: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
i even forgot, they do have these 'black students to look out for' award over here don't they- guess the coonery is spread around.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by davestead(m): 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
london2lasgidi: The award isn't based on academic prowess....... just a bunch of politically correct rubbish...... congrats the girl but stop posting rubbish.

And what award have you ever won in your whole pitiable existence?(academically or otherwise), dont hate, rather appreciate and you will be appreciated as well. Gosh! I hate hypocrites.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 30, 2012
Congratulation girl!!!! Please let's upgrade our skools!!!! Is terrible, we don't hav to travel out to get quality education!!!!! I bet sitting for jamb alone shows how good nigerians are!!!!! We are blessed with wise ppl!!!!! God bless my country!!!
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Tsmooth1(m): 1:39am On Jun 30, 2012
I withdraw my comments, make una no vex i am just joking. Women owns the world (beyonce)
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Tsmooth1(m): 1:41am On Jun 30, 2012
Congratulations to her, may she excel beyond this and me too.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by comradefery: 2:21am On Jun 30, 2012
london2lasgidi: The award isn't based on academic prowess....... just a bunch of politically correct rubbish...... congrats the girl but stop posting rubbish.

The post is rubish, yet you congratulated, what a contradiction. It's a pity, but you are a disgrace to humanity!

1 Like

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by MacLovington(m): 3:17am On Jun 30, 2012
T-smooth:
Who go marry this one? men she is over educated u wont be able to control her. bin gbabo will u take her as ur wife? 8-)

She's one very sweet humble girl. She will have no probs being a good wife & mum if that's what she wants.
She's a person NOT a dog to be controlled. Carry your wife along when doing things (and vice versa) and if she's meant to be your life partner, chances are that things will go well.

Remember that intelligence and hard work actually prepare one better for life's challenges.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by MacLovington(m): 3:30am On Jun 30, 2012
igbo2011:

Nigeria has one of the worst halthcare systems in the world but we have many doctors in Europea and America due to the money and the infrastrucutre. Why can't we go back home and build it?

Many reasons my brother. Lack of facilities, limited scope to train further, poor remuneration etc.

The effort should be on keeping those trained in Naija to remain there (or to return after post-grad training). They understand the system and can cope with improvisation/poor facilities far better.

Getting western-trained ones to go home is more difficult. To give up an ultra-modern working environment for one that is literally falling apart is tough.

When we get our acts together one day, our highly-trained people (engineers, medics, IT techies, teachers etc) abroad might return to lend a hand.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Ibime(m): 3:46am On Jun 30, 2012
Best black student ko, BBS ni!

Have we run out of black science students in Imperial, Cambridge, Oxford, Warwick, UCL etc?

1 Like

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by lastpage: 6:44am On Jun 30, 2012
uchlukez: Am I d only one noticing all these pepo are igbos?
Yes YOU are! Since you are the only bigoted, blind person around here! tongue tongue
Even the Peckham Boy (Fadugba), is Igbo! grin grin

Anoofia!

Lastpage!
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 30, 2012
Great for Chibundu, bad news for Nigeria.

This rather patronizing award doesn't make me proud as a Nigerian. If anything it further underscores everything that is wrong with our educational system. Are we celebrating the world's best student in Nigeria? No, because we haven't made the conditions ideal for students from around the world to come and flourish here. No celebrating for me until the day we start attracting the best white and asian students into this country, now that'll be something worth celebrating not some brain drain award useless to the Nigerian Project.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by amaechijay: 8:43am On Jun 30, 2012
Wow! Congrats to u girl. Does anybody know which of the six Igbo-speaking states she hais from. Her state governor could organise " Young Achievers Award" for her down here too. cool cool cool
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Patsey: 8:52am On Jun 30, 2012
Horayce: until the day we start attracting the best white and asian students into this country, now that'll be something worth celebrating

I'm afraid, this generation may never celebrate what you wished for in so far as this country continues to be led by the likes of GEJ and the legislooters in Abuja. Time was when countless Europeans (e.g. Professor Karin Barber with a PhD from Ife [ http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/profiles/cwas/barber-karin.aspx ]) came to Nigeria to study under world class academics. Not any more! The quality of manpower and infrastructure, currently, is both pitiable and laughable.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Ruq: 10:00am On Jun 30, 2012
Please don't call her Nigerian. she is a briton with Nigerian decent. when you guys see Nigerian decents doing great you quickly claim them. i bet if you asked the lady involved she will tell you she's english.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICAN November Diet 2023 / 2018/2019 Fuoye Admission Guide - (everything You Will Ever Need) / EKSU Aspirant 2019/2020 Session Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.