Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK (8594 Views)

Nneoma Nwankwo Named Virginia Tech’s Undergraduate Student Of The Year / Davido Is The Only Graduating Student In His Department / Nigerian Girl, Chibundu Onuzo Becomes The Uk’s No.1 Best Black Student Of 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by dani1luv: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
[size=13pt]Nigeria may be a country in crisis right now, but her citizens are making her proud--especially those in the Diaspora. Two days back we celebrated the achievement of 22 year old Emmanuel Ohuabunwa, news just filtered in that 21 year old Chibundu Onuzo has just been named UK’s Number 1 best black student.

The award was given by Rare Rising Stars. With this award, she is the first woman to top the list.

The 21 year old who got her first book deal at age 19, while still an undergraduate student at King’s College London, (she signed a two novel deal with U.K. publishing heavy weight, Faber & Faber), was also profiled by CNN when Nigeria marked her 50th independence anniversary.

Her latest book “The Spider King’s Daughter has already started garnering critical acclaim. It has been nominated for the £10,000 more and watch a brief video of her after the jump

Desmond Elliott Prize for debut novelists alongside a Booker prize-nominated Oxford professor.

Source

Watch a brief video of her .....
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xd-tP5MR_Q&feature=player_embedded
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by dani1luv: 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by swtchicgurl: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
wow! congrats to her smiley
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by dani1luv: 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
swtchicgurl: wow! congrats to her smiley
what have you achieved?
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2012
dani1luv:
what have you achieved?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by london2lasgidi(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2012
how's she the best black student in uk studying history? lmao............. she isn't top50 in the uk.... what was her GCSE and A-levels result??..... best black student in the uk doing history at kings college.. lmao..

this forum is becoming more useless by day..

2 Likes

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by ozoebuka1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2012
nigerians are endowed with divine wisdom mostly the igbos and am so much loving this!!!
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Kslib(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
dani1luv:
what have you achieved?
Na wa oh!!!
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by freecocoa(f): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
Congratulations to her.

I remember when she used to copy from me in KG,my papa no get money to send me abroad na'im make i no stand side by side with her in those pictures undecided.

Go chi,I'm happy for ya.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by nodullin(m): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
Where is dat fake Ghanian Proffesseur talking crap about Nigerians

Nigerians are making us proud!!
Ndi-igbo are making us proud!!
Long-live Ndi-igbos
Long-live Nigerians!!

2 Likes

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by london2lasgidi(m): 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2012
The award isn't based on academic prowess....... just a bunch of politically correct rubbish...... congrats the girl but stop posting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by london2lasgidi(m): 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
thread hijack by tribalists....... lmao

2011 version

Peckham boy, Femi Fadugba, was crowned the UK’s best black student on Thursday 8th September by a panel of leading black Britons at the third annual Rare Rising Stars awards.

The announcement was made at an exclusive ceremony at the Palace of Westminster, in which the names of the UK’s ten best black students judged by an expert panel of leading black Britons were revealed to an expectant audience, including family and friends.

Rare Rising Stars is a showcase of the achievements of the UK's best black students as chosen by Rt. Hon. David Lammy MP, Trevor Phillips, Chair of the Commission for Equality and Human Rights and Jean Tomlin, HR Director for London 2012.

http://www.rarerecruitment.co.uk/rr/news.php?c=126#.T-3wshf5CNY

but the award is still rubbish to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Tsmooth1(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
Who go marry this one? men she is over educated u wont be able to control her. bin gbabo will u take her as ur wife? 8-)
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by member10: 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2012
Lovely, wish them all the best.
No harm intended, just looking for some help.
[size=13pt]neodymium magnets, any ideas? Thanks.[/size]
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by emofine2(f): 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2012
She’s so beautiful...well done to her although I must say I detest this patronising term of “best black student”. Achievement shouldn't be colour coded afterall is she and others like her not fit to be placed in the same category as her Caucasian colleagues....
That aside, I do anticipate reading this young lady’s debut novel.

london2lasgidi: how's she the best black student in uk studying history? lmao............. she isn't top50 in the uk.... what was her GCSE and A-levels result??..... best black student in the uk doing history at kings college.. lmao..

this forum is becoming more useless by day..

Kings College is a top university not only in the UK but in the world and this isn't solely based on results or esteemed institutions rather achievement...undecided

4 Likes

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by ikeyman00(m): 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2012
^^^ ape u should be in the montain; not nl

1 Like

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by 360command: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
T-smooth:
Who go marry this one? men she is over educated u wont be able to control her. bin gbabo will u take her as ur wife? 8-)
she was my girlfriend before she left the country, i bet she may not know me.- we planned to marry
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by hacklilc: 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
Nice one there.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
Lovely....lovely...especially the novel aspect; really interesting, lost my first novel ms I wrote when I was 15, still mourning the loss to date...congrats my dear, it isn't easy! whoever said it is easy should do more than she did...& lets applaud you too! Go girl!
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by hacklilc: 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2012
360command: she was my girlfriend before she left the country, i bet she may not know me.- we planned to marry

lol
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
So ?

1 Like

Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Ayorh4you(m): 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
dani1luv:
what have you achieved?
hahahahahahahahaha. I laf sotey i hit ma head 4 wall. Help me ask dat old man wat he has achieved as a man. Rflmao
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Tsmooth1(m): 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
Women shouldnt be successful in life, the best place for a woman is her husband house. Abeg i no happy for her make she go marry jor! mtschewwww!!!
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by deshclones(m): 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
dani1luv:
what have you achieved?
swtchicgurl: wow! congrats to her smiley

Miss NL contestant.....GUESS SHE HAS A CROWN...WHAT OF YOU??/
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by Agimor(m): 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
Indeed nigerians are blessed.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by london2lasgidi(m): 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
emöfine2:
Kings College is a top university not only in the UK but in the world and this isn't solely based on results or esteemed institutions rather achievement...undecided

achievement in writing skills..... is that what black britons need atm?..... you're not making sense that's the same way these uncle toms celebrate dizzy rascal, so solid crew and footballers.... bunch of waste men.
Re: Chibundu Onuzo Named Best Black Student In UK by wandeay: 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
why is black always attached, i s that discrimination or what

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Was Spotted Sleeping During Lecture (pictured) / List Of The 36 States In Nigeria And The Origin Of Their Names / Correcting Misspelt Names In Jamb, Waec, Neco & Other Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.